Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» Ps 10-25
Today at 3:42 pm by clark thompson

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Today at 1:48 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Today at 1:43 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Today at 1:42 pm by Admin

» BREAKING: CIA Assassination Plot Found in JFKennedy Files
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by Admin

» ABOUT BENGHAZI
Yesterday at 10:41 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Admin

» THE CLARION PROJECT
Yesterday at 8:55 pm by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Yesterday at 7:52 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Yesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Yesterday at 5:06 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Yesterday at 3:54 pm by Admin

» Meditation Chip Brogden
Yesterday at 3:41 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Yesterday at 3:01 pm by Admin

» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
Yesterday at 1:14 am by Admin

» German police arrest Syrian refugees planning Christmas terror attack
Yesterday at 12:43 am by Admin

» ISIS calls for the assassination of Barron Trump
Yesterday at 12:31 am by Admin

» BEXIT EU Secret document FCO 30/1048 kept truth about EU from British for 30 years
Yesterday at 12:19 am by Admin

»  POPE FRANCIS
Yesterday at 12:00 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

NUGGET Today's Devotional

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NUGGET Today's Devotional

Post  Admin on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:18 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
August 22, 2017
My Father's Hands

By Answers2Prayer
"You received the Spirit of sonship (adoption), and by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.'" (Romans 8:15).

Long fingers, veins bulging a bit on the backs, knuckles slightly swollen, brown spots and other tell-tale aging signs. "These hands look like someone else's hands," I mused, as I looked down. "For sure, they look like my father's hands."

It would be great if my hands would stay as busy as my father's did, as long as he lived. There was always something to do, a few weeds that needed pulling, patches of peeling paint that needed sanding and touching up, pantry items to be shared with a neighbor. Each morning those hands held the Bible, as he read the large print. And every day his hands were postured in prayer, probably more than once.

While I was thinking of my father's hands, I thought of a song written by Amy Grant, called "Father's Eyes": She's got her father's eyes Her father's eyes Eyes that find the good in things When good is not around Eyes that find the source of help, when help just can't be found Eyes full of compassion, seein' every pain Knowing what you're going through, and feelin' it the same Just like my father's eyes."

I don't have my father's blue eyes, but I sure would love to have my Father's Eyes, like the lyrics describe. When I look at my hands perhaps I can think of how really great it would be to see situations, and others, through our heavenly Father's eyes of never-ending love.

Irish Thursday Inspirational Messages, Sally I. Kennedy
Copyright 2016 All rights reserved.

Announcement:

Are you frustrated with an ineffective prayer life? God does answer prayers, my friend. Why don't you come to Answers2Prayer and discover the power of prayer for yourself?
©Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give."
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:15 am

Welcome to the Nugget
August 15, 2017
Waiting

By Answers2Prayer
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:14)

The pelican duo paddled in place, bobbing in the canal. They were waiting in anticipation, expecting that scraps would be soon be swept from the fish cleaning board into the water. It was just a matter of moments.

There's a waiting room in our local hospital where people can stay if a family member is having surgery. Minutes can masquerade as hours, and hours like days, while waiting for results of the operation.

I have found that waiting is not easy and can be frustrating, even confusing. And it seems to go on, and on, sometimes. Occasionally our hands are tied; we have to wait because of circumstances. Times when a course to pursue is not plain, waiting is necessary for clarity. While trying to sort it all out and allow it to unfold, we sit in that waiting zone.

The waiting place, not usually where we choose to be. It's not forever, though, and it is for a season, a reason, and even a purpose. It's possible to wait with positive expectation, anticipating things working out for the best. God knows, and He has all things in His hands, especially His children.

That is good news.

Inspirational Messages, Sally I. Kennedy 2017

Announcement:

Can your laundry truly teach you some lessons on trusting in God? Join us on Thursday, for "The Iron", a mini-series by Lynona Gordon Chaffart.
©Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:32 am

Welcome to the Nugget

August 19, 2017

The Iron, Part

By Answers2Prayer
Last Thursday, in "The Iron", Part 1, we saw that mountain-moving faith is this: In the same way we would never doubt that the iron will remove the wrinkles from the cloth, we must trust without doubt that God will keep His promises. We also saw that God doesn't expect "blind faith"; rather, He sends us proof of His love, He sends us stories of His miracles of the past, and He sends us encouragement and reassurance for our present circumstances.

I was sure God was finished teaching me lessons from my iron, but when I picked up a random daily Bible study that came through my email that same day, I realized God had yet another important faith-lesson for me to learn--about patience in waiting!

Did you know that the definition of patience is, basically, "delaying of judgment"?

We are told that, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9 NIV, Emphasis added). In other words, by delaying His judgment on us, God is showing us patience!

Let's take this just a bit farther. You set a just punishment for your erring child, but when you choose to patiently sit down with that child and attempt to reason with him or her and to negotiate a compromise, you truly are delaying that punishment.

What about patience in waiting? When we are impatient, aren't we really saying we don't truly believe the awaited thing will happen?

As a child, I often caved to impatience at Christmas time. I was known to secretly unwrap and rewrap presents under the tree in order to verify that I had received what I wanted. What I was really saying in my heart was that I didn't believe my parents knew what I wanted enough to get it for me. In my impatience, I was passing judgment on them. Had I been able to patiently wait until Christmas, I would have been "delaying" that judgment.

What about the times we are called to wait for God to fulfill a promise? Isn't it common to become impatient and allow doubt to creep in? And in our impatience, aren't we truly saying, "God, I don't believe You will come through, I don't believe Your timing is right"? Aren't we truly just passing judgment on...God?

In essence, it is like me saying to my wrinkled clothes in the laundry basket, "I don't believe that applying the iron will do its job because I don't yet see the wrinkles disappearing from my clothing." Of course that would be silly, for the wrinkles don't begin to disappear until the iron is applied. In the same way, when we are impatient with God over the delay in the answer to our prayers, we are, in essence, accusing Him of not caring enough or not being powerful enough to take care of our problems. We are, in essence, passing judgment on...God!

That's a pretty scary concept, and it's one I encourage each of you to consider as you are tempted to doubt and be impatient while waiting for the answer to your prayers. Whatever unanswered prayer you may have, please join me in taking that stand in mountain-moving faith, ever believing that as sure as the iron will de-wrinkle the clothing, God will come through in His perfect time. Oh, and while we wait, let's open our hearts to God, for He will send us reassurance along the way. Finally, please join me in resolving to never again pass judgment on God by being impatient with the "delays" to our prayers. Instead, let's "delay" our judgement on God by patiently waiting for His perfect time.

In His love,
Lyn

Lynona Gordon Chaffart, Speech-Language Pathologist, mother of two, Author -- "Aboard God's Train -- A Journey With God Through the Valley of Cancer", Author and Moderator for The Nugget, a tri-weekly internet newsletter, and Scriptural Nuggets, a website devoted to Christian devotionals and inspirational poems, with Answers2Prayer Ministries. Follow Lyn on Twitter @lynchaffart.

Announcement:

Welcome to all new Nugget subscribers!
We hope and pray that you will find this newsletter a blessing to you and to your families. God bless each of you as you strive to draw closer to Him!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 5:13 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
August 17, 2017
The Iron, Part 1
By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." (Matt. 17:20 NLT)

If you are anything like I am, you truly desire to have that "mountain-moving" faith the Bible describes in the text above.

You likely already understand that the primary reason our prayers are often not answered is our lack of faith: "'You don't have enough faith,' Jesus told them." (Matt 17:20a NLT). In addition, you more than likely wish to please God, and you realize that this requires faith: "And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him." (Heb. 11:6 NLT). You may also desire to be a good witness, and you are keenly aware that taking a stand in faith provides a powerful testimony: "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith..." (Heb. 12:1a NLT).

The thing that you still may not fully comprehend, however, is just what this "mountain-moving" faith actually looks like...

That's the question I was asking myself this morning as I renounced, yet again, that demon of doubt over an issue I had weeks ago committed to a stand of faith. I was ironing at the time, and as my eyes were drawn to the article of clothing on the ironing board, the thought occurred to me that I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that the iron would successfully smooth out the cloth. Suddenly I understood. In the same way I would never doubt the iron's abilities, mountain-moving faith in God leaves us without doubt that God will take care of the problem at hand.

If you think about it, why should there be any doubt? Haven't we experienced God's miraculous power far more often than we've ever experienced the power of the iron to remove wrinkles? Haven't we seen God at work often enough to know beyond a doubt that He will come through? Don't we believe the many stories in the Bible and all the testimonies of our fellow followers of Christ? Shouldn't that alone make us 100% certain that no matter what, God will keep His promises? When God asks us to have mountain-moving faith, He isn't asking for us to blindly believe. He has already given us adequate proof of His power and love.

But does that mean that our stand in faith is without present reassurance?

Not at all. God knew how much I desired to have that mountain-moving faith, and once I had put away my iron, He proceeded to give me some direct encouragement straight from the Scriptures, words that spoke directly into the situation I had committed to a stand in faith. This wasn't the first time He had sent me encouragement about this isssue, either. In the months leading up to this incident, He had time and time again given me reassurance that He would come through in His time.

That's what happens when we take a stand in faith. Our "mountain-moving" faith, that belief beyond doubt that God will do His job, doesn't need to be a blind faith at all; rather, He is willing and able--and even desiring--to provide us with plenty of reassurance along the way. Our job is simply to meditate upon what He has done for us in the past (See Ps. 77:12; 143:5, etc.); to contemplate the depth and length and width and height of His love for us (see Eph. 3:17-19); to watch for the encouragement He will send along the way; and to believe, with the same assurance we have that the iron will do its job on our wrinkled cloths, that He will come through in whatever situation we are facing at the moment.

Remember: Whatever it is you are praying about, God has already promised the perfect solution. Just as you believe in the power of the iron, you can believe, without hesitation or doubt, in God's promises; and when you keep your heart open to Him, He will send those reassurances and encouragements along the way. No matter how serious your circumstances may be, they are nothing more than "wrinkles" on the "fabric of life", awaiting the touch of the "Master Iron", God Himself. Believe in that "Iron" of God's unfailing power, love and grace, and especially in the well-established fact that: "...the Lord your God is God, the faithful God. He keeps His promise and shows His loving-kindness to those who love Him and keep His Laws..." (Deut. 7:9 NLT).

I was certain then that God was finished using that silly iron to teach me lessons in faith, but I was wrong. Join us on Saturday for a timely, poignant--and somewhat hand-slapping--look at...patience: "The Iron", Part 2.

In His love,
Lyn
Lynona Gordon Chaffart, Speech-Language Pathologist, mother of two, Author -- "Aboard God's Train -- A Journey With God Through the Valley of Cancer", Author and Moderator for The Nugget, a tri-weekly internet newsletter, and Scriptural Nuggets, a website devoted to Christian devotionals and inspirational poems, with Answers2Prayer Ministries. Follow Lyn on Twitter @lynchaffart.

Announcement:
Do you have a prayer request? Do you know someone who needs to be prayed for? Prayer works! The Bible confirms this in James 5:16: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (NIV) Send your prayer request here and let us pray in agreement with you! Matt 18:20: "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (NIV) Hallelujah!
©Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 8:56 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

August 12, 2017

Foreign Wives

By Answers2Prayer
Ezra the priest was horrified. The people committed to his care were involved in a grave sin: "Many of the people of Israel, and even some of the priests and Levites...have married women from these people and have taken them as wives for their sons. So the holy race has become polluted by these mixed marriages. Worse yet, the leaders and officials have led the way in this outrage." (Ezra 9:1a,2 NLT).

Throughout history, God had often warned Israel to separate themselves from the people of the land: "When the Lord your God hands these nations over to you and you conquer them, you must completely destroy them. Make no treaties with them and show them no mercy. You must not intermarry with them. Do not let your daughters and sons marry their sons and daughters..." Deut. 7:2,3 NLT).

This wasn't because intercultural marriage, of itself, is bad; rather, it was because we have been warned: "Don't team up with those who are unbelievers." (2 Cor. 6:14a NLTL). Why? Because, "How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?" (2 Cor. 6:14b NLT). And this was what was happening in Ezra's day. The women from the foreign cultures brought with them the religious practices they had been raised with, and the men adapted them: "They have taken up the detestable practices of the Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Jebusites, Ammonites, Moabites, Egyptians, and Amorites." (Ezra 9:1b). These women were turning God's people away from God, and when the returned exiles of Israel disobeyed God by taking foreign wives, they proved that they loved these women more than they loved God Himself.

Fortunately, following Ezra's heartfelt prayer (See Ezra 9:6-15), the people were convicted of their sin: "...Then the whole assembly raised their voices and answered, 'Yes, you are right; we must do as you say!'" (Ezra 10:12 NLT). Not only did they admit they are wrong, but they put a plan into place for dealing with the problems: "So this was the plan they followed. Ezra selected leaders to represent their families, designating each of the representatives by name...By March 27, the first day of the new year, they had finished dealing with all the men who had married pagan wives." (Ezra 10:16a,17 NLT)

I'm afraid that the church, world-wide to some degree, but most poignantly in North America, is also guilty of the same sin as the returned exiles of Jerusalem: We've taken "foreign wives".

I'm not referring to marrying unbelievers, here. Rather, by "foreign wives", I'm refering to our love of the American dream and our pursuit of personal happiness. These "loves" have succeeded in causing us to pursue the wordly passions of materialism, self-advancement and covetousness. We've completely lost track of Godly, selfless love, and as a result of becoming lovers of the world, we cannot be effective servants of God. Jesus Himself said, "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." (Matt. 6:24 NLT). God calls us to love one another as we love ourselves; but if we are lovers of the world, how can we truly obey this command?

Like Israel of old, we are called to put away our "foreign wives" and return to right living. We are called to return to God's ways, to love selflessly, the way God loves us. Only then can we become a force that the devil will be afraid to contend with. Only then will we be able to completely and thoroughly live our lives the way God intended them to be lived. Only then will we be the fruitful witnesses that Jesus commands us to be: "Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matt. 28:18-20 NLT).

But wait. It's easy to say we're complacent, to admit that we don't love selflessly, that we've blinded ourselves to the harsh realities of this world; but how do we break out of this pattern?

The answer is two-fold: First and foremost, we must, on a personal basis, reconnect ourselves to the Vine (See John 15). We need to spend time with God. We need to confess our sins of apathy and complacency. We need to ask God to help us learn to love the way He loves, to flow His pure, selfless love through us to a lost and hurting world. It is only by fixing our eyes upon Jesus, our ultimate example (See Heb. 12:1), that we will be able to put off our "foreign wives" of apathy, of materialism and self-advancement, of complacency; that we will be able to live lives completely devoted to God; that we will become the effective witnesses for Him that He calls us to be (See Matt. 28:18-20).

Secondly, once we, ourselves, have put off our "foreign wives" by renouncing our own pursuite of riches and worldly happiness, we must do what Ezra did when he heard about the sin of the people. We must pray! "At the time of the sacrifice, I stood up from where I had sat in mourning with my clothes torn. I fell to my knees and lifted my hands to the Lord my God. I prayed..." (Ezra 9:5,6a NLT). Ezra 9:6b-15 goes on to record Ezra's heartfelt prayer for the people. Here are just a few excerpts: "O my God, I am utterly ashamed; I blush to lift up my face to you. For our sins are piled higher than our heads, and our guilt has reached to the heavens...And now, O our God, what can we say after all of this? For once again we have abandoned your commands!Your servants the prophets warned us when they said, '...Don't let your daughters marry their sons! Don't take their daughters as wives for your sons. Don't ever promote the peace and prosperity of those nations. If you follow these instructions, you will be strong and will enjoy the good things the land produces, and you will leave this prosperity to your children forever.'...O Lord, God of Israel, you are just. We come before you in our guilt as nothing but an escaped remnant, though in such a condition none of us can stand in your presence." (Vs. 6b, 11, 12, 15 NLT)

Will you join me in purifying your own lives and in praying the Ezra prayer for the church? Please email me if you will.

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Can your laundry truly teach you some lessons on trusting in God? Join us next week, beginning on Thursday, for "The Iron", a mini-series by Lynona Gordon Chaffart.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 10:56 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

August 10, 2017

Five Mistakes that Bring on Regret
By Answers2Prayer
I woke up, and while still in bed, I stretched and yawned one night during my visit to Ecuador. As I pondered about the time, I had no way to find out. My cell phone didn't work--no connection. Unlike here in the States, there was no land line phone to use to call for time.

Most of you who are sighted, would glance toward your phone or clock and know the exact time. Not so for this blind gal.

Surely it must be morning, I thought. So, I started my morning routine. But before getting dressed, I realized it must still be the middle of the night as I heard no birds singing.

Have you done the same? We all do it, don't we? We take action and begin our routine at the wrong time. Even worse, we forge on without checking God's timing. Without consulting His will. And without seeking His guidance.

Then when we're in the middle of the journey, things begin to fall apart. That's when we try to hide our regret, and, with a sorrowful look, we ask God for His input, His help and rescue.

Jesus told that very story in Luke 15. He relates how a young man chose to follow the recipe for bitter regret marinated in foolishness. And often we do, too. We go through these five stages:

We follow our own intuition, our wisdom and whims. "....the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living" (Luke 15:13).

Later, we evaluate the situation and scratch our head, wondering how we got there. "After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need" (Luke 15:11).

We scramble, looking for an answer. "So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs" (Luke 15:15).

We recognize our bad timing, our mistakes and our pitiful ending. "When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you'" (Luke 15:17).

The glorious good news is God welcomes us back: "The son came back home and...while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him" (Luke 15:20 ).

The father delighted in the son's return. God does the same. No matter the foolish path, the sad mistakes, the pitiful choices, we can always, always come back. God will run to meet us, throw His arms of compassion around us and give us the kiss of forgiveness.

What regret still nags at you today?

Janet Eckles

If this message resonated with you, please visit Janet's cyberspace home for more inspiration.

Announcement:

Do you have a prayer request? Do you know someone who needs to be prayed for? Prayer works! The Bible confirms this in James 5:16: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (NIV) Send your prayer request to prayerrequest@answers2prayer.org and let us pray in agreement with you! Matt 18:20: "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (NIV) Hallelujah!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:48 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
August 8, 2017

Coat of Many Colours

By Answers2Prayer
As an old age pretence of real gardening, I have a habit of picking seed heads off flowers and planting the seeds in pots of soil. If they come up I am pleased and if they don't, I have not really lost anything except a tiny brown speck that could be anything.

One particular seed, not expected to grow, came up. I have planted similar seeds and have been mostly pleased with outcomes but this one has left me somewhat perplexed to say the least!
It does not look anything like what it would be expected to look like. It has grown into a different shape, a different colour, the leaves are at odds with every other plant of the same family, and the smaller flower, while it can be forgiven for its size, bears no family likeness.

I remember putting the seed into this particular pot so there is no doubt about its parentage. It is who it is supposed to be but it is nothing like who it is supposed to be!

One day I found a small moth attached to one leaf of the new flower and it looked appealing. I liked the multiple spots on the wings of the moth, and the variety of colours it showed to the world and had often seen many such moths flittering around the garden. They stay for several weeks and then they go off to wherever their destiny might be.

Their family name is not important to me, all the members of the family look much the same, but just as they are important to the flower in the pot, it seems the flower is also important to them.
The moth stayed there for several days, then it slipped underneath the leaf for a day or two, apparently drawing nourishment from the recalcitrant flower that would sustain its coat of many colours ready for its long absence afterwards.

Back to my flower, I grew its mother from seed, and she is a beautiful pink rose that I love dearly. This new plant is the child of a well-respected mother, it is a genuine rose but it has absolutely no resemblance to its mother.

It is recalcitrant, but beautiful in its own right - with or without her moth!

So it came to choosing a name for the new rose and I thought of the sustenance it provided for the moth, of the resting place it gave the moth, and how it protected the moth with its little prickles. Then I thought of how the moth enhanced the rose, its wings covered with its vivid, tiny spots and I could think of no name more appropriate for the rose than 'Joseph.'

Just as my new rose wore a coat of many colours, Joseph, of the tribe of Israel, wore a coat of many colours and he provided sustenance to a nation that lasted over the centuries. You remember the story -- Genesis 37:3: "Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age; and he made him a coat of many colours." (Genesis 41:41): "And Pharoah said unto Joseph, 'See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.'"

My prayer is that I will be as faithful to what is entrusted to me as Joseph was faithful in what was entrusted to him. And may my recalcitrant rose ever remind me of the variety of needs that are near to me. 'Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;...' (Ecclesiastes 9:10).

Thank you, Joseph.

Elizabeth Price
Announcement:
Questions about parenting? Wondering whether you've made the right decision with your kids? Thinking about discipline? Why not check out "Bringing up Kids God's Way"!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 05 Aug 2017, 4:23 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

August 5, 2017

White Bread? Or Whole Grain?

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us  We have become aware in recent years of the problems associated with consuming large quantities of refined foods. We see a push towards whole grains and less-refined sweetening options; but if you delve a bit deeper into the issue, you will see that it isn't what is in the refined foods that is the problem; rather, it is what has been removed from them. Our bodies need that added nutrition that can only come from what has been refined out of our food. 

As I crunched on my unrefined, whole-grain "miracle loaf" this morning, I began to think of the story of Ezra. In Ezra 9 we see that Ezra was made aware of the sins of the people, and even though he, himself, had not committed these sins, we still see him confessing, weeping, mourning, tearing his clothes, pulling out his hair and fasting (Ezra 9:3,4; 10:6). That's how much Ezra cared about the people. That's how much he loved God's law. 

What? You don't see the connection between Ezra's prayers and the white bread/whole grain quandry? I would ask you to stay with me a little longer...

The first few verses of Ezra 10 show that there was an immediate response to Ezra's prayer: "a very large crowd of people from Israel--men, women, and children--gathered and wept bitterly with him...'We have been unfaithful to our God, for we have married these pagan women of the land. But in spite of this there is hope for Israel. Let us now make a covenant with our God to divorce our pagan wives and to send them away with their children. We will follow the advice given by you and by the others who respect the commands of our God. Let it be done according to the Law of God. Get up, for it is your duty to tell us how to proceed in setting things straight. We are behind you, so be strong and take action.'" (Ezra 10:1-4 NLT)

Ezra may have taken comfort in the response; yet we see that he wasn't yet praising God for answering his prayers..."So Ezra stood up and demanded that...all the people of Israel swear that they would do as Shecaniah had said. And they all swore a solemn oath. Then Ezra left the front of the Temple of God and went to the room of Jehohanan son of Eliashib." (Ezra 10:5,6a NLT). In fact, he continued mourning and fasting: "He spent the night there without eating or drinking anything. He was still in mourning because of the unfaithfulness of the returned exiles." (Ezra 10:6b NLT)!

It makes me think about my prayers in general. I pray for people, yes; and I don't pray just because I feel pressured to do so, either. I pray because God has placed His love for them in my heart. But do I truly love them the way God does? Am I following Ezra's example?

I must admit that as soon as I begin to see God at work in a situation, I am tempted to stop praying. I would likely never think of continuing to mourn and fast. Hey, most of the time I don't even mourn and fast in the first place. And aren't my prayers being answered without all the mourning and fasting? Isn't God coming through anyway? Isn't the rest between Him and the one(s) I'm praying for? Can't I simply wash my hands of the rest of the situation? After all, if the one(s) I'm praying for decide to go against God at this stage, isn't it their responsibility and not mine? 

As I reread the above paragraph, I realize something vitally pathetic: I have become apathetic. Ezra, on the other hand, truly loved those people. He loved them enough to continue mourning and fasting in order to ensure that things would truly be set right between them and God. Hardly the apathy I see in my own prayers...

Please do not think I am being critical. I believe that every prayer we utter in love is powerful; but do you remember the white bread/whole grain quandry? It isn't what's in the white bread that is bad for us; it is that we truly need what has been taken out. If selfless love has been taken out of our prayers, then they have become "white bread prayers". They aren't bad prayers; but they could be so much more powerful if they were of the "whole grain" variety: if they were filled with selfless, Ezra-type love.

Think about it! 

Anyone want a slice of fresh white bread?

In His love,
Lyn 

Announcement:

Happy Birthday to the founder of this ministry, who also happens to be my very special husband...God bless you in this upcoming year, Rob, and may He grant you many, many more birthdays!Lyn Chaffart, Moderator, The Nugget
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 9:21 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

August 3, 2017

Encountering Jesus
By Answers2Prayer 
  When I was a little boy, I remember sitting patiently in church with my parents. At the end of the service, the pastor would dismiss the congregation with a benediction. It was from Numbers 6: 24-26, and it goes like this: "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; The Lord turn His face towards you and give you peace." (NIV)

I'm guessing you know the one. It's still widely used today in many places of worship, but as a fidgety youth who was more interested in counting stain glassed windows than paying any real attention to the service, the words never bore fruit! I had the verses memorized and would often recite the words to myself along with the pastor. Now I'm going to make a confession here, so please be gentle with your rebuke! Forty-five years later, any serious meditation on that portion of scripture has still been lacking. There always seemed to be more enticing nuggets to chew upon. But that changed a few weeks ago when I was reading a short devotional at bedtime. And you guessed it. The accompanying bible verse was Numbers 6:24-26!

Can you relate to this? Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and a verse of scripture you read the night before smacks you hard inside your brain? It's interesting how as Christians we can be filled with head knowledge of God's word, but we're sometimes lacking in heart knowledge until God puts it there. What really stuck with me that night was the third part of this scripture, The Lord turn His face towards you and gives you peace, part. The more I thought about it when I should have been sleeping, the more I conjured up in my mind what seemed like a scene from a movie. Only this motion picture had me in it!

In the last while, I've had every reason in the world to not have peace in my life. My wife has been ill, our house sprung a nasty leak, and then a few days later my job unexpectedly ended. Those are peace crushing events! Yet Jesus did say in John 16:33: "In this world you will have trouble." Thankfully He also said, "Take heart! I have overcome the world." (NIV).  So as a result of life's ongoing calamities, I've been eagerly looking for peace and might I say; a boat load of it! Can you relate?

What I can't get out of my head is this, so I'll try to paint you a picture: 

Act 1, Scene 1 

Thousands crowded the streets, each trying to reach the Savior, each with a plethora of baggage weighing them down. Jesus walks at the head of the line, His feet tired and dirty from a long day of travel. I'm at the rear of the pack, my heart breaking and longing for a glimpse of the One who could set me free. But I'm too far back for Jesus to ever notice me. At that moment, the entire mass of humanity stops and splits down the middle like the parting of the Red Sea. And there stands Jesus, his back facing me. Stunned, I watch as he Lord turns His face towards me. I look around to see who He's staring at, then realize His eyes are on me! Jesus has somehow seen my plight, my sin, my exhaustion from life's constant beating. 

Act 1, Scene 2

Jesus doesn't stop there. He walks towards me and stops, His beautiful eyes still locked to mine. I see His lips about to move and wonder what the Lord of heaven would ever say to the likes of me. I'm thinking perhaps a loving rebuke or word of encouragement. Speechless, the crowd is hush; all eyes on me and the One who would pay the ultimate sacrifice for my sins. Then Jesus puts his hand on my shoulder and speaks these simple, hugely powerful words, "I love you Paul. In Me you will have peace." 

A moment later, He smiles, turns and resumes His journey with the mob in hot pursuit. I'm suddenly left alone on the dusty street, but my encounter with Jesus has left my heart exploding with joy, and yes, life giving peace! 

End of movie. (Yes it was a short one!)

Now those few verses in Numbers 6 have new meaning for me when I'm facing life's challenges. When chaos ensues, I'll stop for a moment and envision the Lord turning His face towards me and giving me a divine dose of peace. This verse also comes to mind: "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous to be shaken." (Psalm 55:22 NIV) 

Difficult situations in our lives can appear overwhelming and threaten every fibre of peace we so vigorously try to protect. But might I suggest this: When trials come, place yourself in the movie scene I just described. Imagine Jesus turning His face towards you and filling your heart with a peace that transcends all understanding. Our lives are all about Jesus. He already knows our pain and is totally able to calm our troubled hearts. Moving forward, let Him speak these words of comfort to you: "Peace I leave with you: my peace I give to you." (John 14:27 NIV) 

Praise God for Jesus! 

I think I'm ready for Act 1, Scene 3!

Paul Smyth
June 25, 2017 
Announcement:

Do you have a prayer request? Do you know someone who needs to be prayed for? Prayer works! The Bible confirms this in James 5:16: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (NIV) Send your prayer request here and let us pray in agreement with you! Matt 18:20: "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (NIV) Hallelujah!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 01 Aug 2017, 2:44 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

August 1, 2017

This Rain Shall Pass

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us  We spread our towels and stuck our beach chairs into the sand this past Wednesday. My brother, his wife, hubby, and I chatted while soaking the sun rays at Cocoa beach. Though it was a windy day, the warmth caressed our skin. Then with no warning, we felt a few sprinkles. Then more raindrops came down.

Hubby glanced up in the sky. "That dark cloud will blow over," he said.

I doubted his assessment. "Nope. Let's pack up," I said, "remember last time; we got soaked while running back to the car."

The rest of the people around us grabbed their stuff and dashed to get shelter, leaving the four of us on that deserted beach. I covered myself with my beach towel and waited, anticipating that I'd be telling hubby, "I told you so. Now we're all wet."

But as that thought came, the rain stopped and the sun came back out. The dark cloud had blown over.

Could it be this story was meant for you? Maybe you're under that dark cloud of adversity, of disappointment, of something failing, something lost, or that uncertainty that often rains upon us.

God is reminding you and me, too...wait, this rain will pass. This storm will be calm again. This tough moment will become easy again. This pain will lessen. And this grief will end.

He's promising and He's declaring that through His power, all will be well again. I invite you to repeat, receive and believe in the same declaration that David gave: "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry" (Psalm 40:1) and "I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears" (Psalm 34:4).

He will hear you. And when He does, He will deliver you, set you free, and dry up the rain of adversity.

Will you believe?

Janet P. Eckles

Announcement:

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 1:09 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
July 29, 2017

100% Pure Orange Juice

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us  I was drinking 100% pure Orange Juice.

Or so it said on the carton. I usually don't drink commercial orange juice, for I like to squeeze my own; and as I sipped from my glass that morning, I couldn't help noticing that the juice wasn't quite the same as the fresh-squeezed variety I am used to. Where was the pulp? The fibre? Without these, where was the maximum benefit to my health? Although what I was drinking tasted good, that crisp, tart, tang that I associate with fresh-squeezed juice was missing, and without this, so was part of my pleasure in drinking it. It occurred to me then that the company who had marketed this juice had done an excellent job of safeguarding the ultimate quality in the juice they served by ensuring there was nothing in my glass that didn't come from an orange. Despite this, however, there were some parts of the orange that never made it to my glass...

The label on the orange juice carton reminded me of a Bible text I read recently: "Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted. Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good." (Titus 1:15-16 NLT)

It's true that you may not see the reference to orange juice in the text, but the reference to purity--and its counterpart, corruption--is clear. But what, exactly, is Paul referring to when he speaks of "pure" and "corrupt"?

Notice the phrase: "But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving..." (vs. 15b). The word "corrupt" is listed with the word "unbelieving", and we can understand that one of the key differences between those who are "pure" and those who are "corrupt" is belief. In order to be in the "pure" category, we need to believe. We need to put our trust in our God. Those who do not believe are considered "corrupt".

The "corrupt", then, are those who do not profess to be followers of Christ, right? 

Not according to Paul. He continues his description of the "corrupt" by saying, "Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good." (vs. 16)

In other words, even those who profess to know God can find themselves in the "corrupt" category. Why? Because so many do not truly believe in Salvation by Faith; and even those who do trust God for salvation often don't subscribe to everything else Jesus' death provides for us, things like the gift of God's Spirit, deliverance, healing, wisdom, guidance, strength, etc.

In his second letter to Timothy, Paul expands even more upon this idea: "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people." (2 Tim. 3:1-5 NIV)

Here Paul is describing the state of the world in the last days, and as we read through the first three verses, it is again easy enough to believe that Paul is speaking to the lost; but Paul goes on to describe these people as "having a form of godliness but denying its power." (2 Tim. 3:5 NIV). The world may have a "form of godliness", but that "form of godliness" does not have any power. Once again, Paul isn't talking about the world at large; he's talking about those who profess to be followers of Jesus Christ! When we profess Christ but deny the fullness of His power, we are "having a form of godliness but denying its power" (2 Tim. 3:5 NIV). This means that when we fail to put our trust in Him for everything His death accomplished for us, when we rely on our own works, when we trust our churches, our colleagues and spouses, etc., instead of relying fully on Him, then we may actually be fitting the description of those who are, "corrupt and unbelieving" (Titus 1:15 NLT), and if so, then our deeds are "...detestable, disobedient, and unfit for any good deed" (Titus 1:16 NLT)!

As I looked back at my glass of orange juice, I smiled. Something important had been removed, and not only did that significantly affect the taste, but it also significantly affected the food value as well as my drinking pleasure. In the same way, when we settle for partial Christianity, what we have might be called "100% Truth;" but it isn't 100% of the truth, and it isn't pleasing to God. 

Let's stop settling for partial Christianity. Let's go for the fullness of what it means to be a follower of Christ by putting our trust solely and completely in Him. In so doing, not only will we see our spiritual health improving, but we will find the joy of following Christ!

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:
Are the Nugget devotionals a blessing to you? Check out the Scriptural Nuggets website!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 10:48 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
July 27, 2017

Sassy

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us  "He has made everything beautiful in its time." (Eccl 3:11)

After battling health problems for over two years my son's beloved cat, Dusty passed away. I held her in my arms as she breathed her last breath and with a heavy heart carried her gently up to the woods behind our home to bury her.

As the days passed it seemed strange not hearing my son, JJ talking to Dusty in his room. He handled her loss better than me, though. His beautiful, simple, childlike faith accepted that she was in Heaven and that he would see her again one day. Still, he longed to have another cat of his own again. I decided to rescue one then from a local animal shelter as soon as I could. God, however, had other plans, because the very next day I got a message from a friend looking for a home for a six month old female cat named Sassy. 

I agreed to take her in and my friend and I met up on a sunny afternoon. Sassy was a long haired grey and white cat with a personality that didn't match her name. She was shy, sweet, lovable, and extremely laid back. She took to JJ right away and spends all of her time in his room napping in the sunlight through the window, and soaking up the love and attention my son showers on her. She has happily accepted her new role in life of sharing purrs, meows, and caring cuddles with my son. I think that Our Heavenly Father was waiting for just the right moment to bring her into our family and I thanked Him for doing so.

We are all connected in this life. We are all one family. We are all one world. Strands of our love go out from heart to heart and soul to soul. God sees them all, guides them all, and weaves them all into a glorious tapestry of light beyond our ability to fully see. Take your part in the tapestry then. Share your love. Share your joy. Share your light. Help God to make this world a brighter place for cats, dogs, and people everywhere.

By: Joseph J. Mazzella

Announcement:

There are hundreds of other lessons to be learned through nature. To learn how pets have been able to teach their masters about God, click here! 
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 8:40 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
July 25, 2017
Three Truths to Count on in Desperate Situations

By Answers2Prayer 
Contact us  A wake up call is one of the "must-do's" when I stay in any hotel during my travels. So, in my recent trip last week, right before I laid my head on the pillow, I grabbed the phone to dial "0" for the front desk.

I pressed it and pressed it again. But there was no dial tone. The other keys were dead too. Hmmm...so I tried all other buttons hoping to get a dial tone.

Bad move because to my chagrin, I pressed one that responded, "9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

Yikes! I was too embarrassed to explain I was blind and had pressed the wrong key.

"I'm sorry," I said. "Please disregard."

Minutes later, there was a knock at the door. "Hotel staff, there was a 9-1-1 call from this room. Is everything alright?"

My cheeks grew hot. "Oh, yes everything is fine," I said. "It was a mistake."

After I chastised myself for pressing all those buttons, I realized I've done the very same thing before. When in the hotel room of despair, after losing my sight completely, I pressed the button of desperation. I pressed the button for answers from doctors, from my own ability. I tried to activate comfort and solutions on my own.

All lead me nowhere. But when I pressed the button in my heart to call upon Jesus, He answered. He knocked at my door offering the help I needed--the comfort of hope. The light in my darkness. The reassurance for my future. And when I hated my life, He offered the love to conquer it all.

Have you been there? Something happened to you, to your life, to your health or relationship? And you're pressing buttons in a desperate effort for answers...but none come.

Good news is that we're not alone. David must have been in the hotel room of desperation too because He relates three truths for us to embrace:

1. We can count on God's response. Rely on His attentive nature. And with confidence in our soul, we know He hears each sob and sees every tear. "I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1).

2. He watches our desperate situation. He observes our struggles. And when we call upon Him, He comes to the rescue: "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire..." (Psalm 40:2a).

3. When our world is shaky, God knows where to transport us. He prepares the perfect place of freedom from our emotions and safety for our soul: "He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." (Psalm 40:2b).

God did that for David and He'll do the same for us today. When the pain sears. When the loneliness won't let go. When the sadness darkens our nights. And when worry nags inside--that's when we can press 9-1-1 in our heart. His answer is timely and His response powerfully loving.

Facing tough circumstances lately? Whom are you calling for help?
Janet Eckles
If this message resonated with you, please visit Janet's cyberspace home for more inspiration.

Announcement:
Are you an animal lover? Then join us on Thursday for an important lesson taught to us by a cat: "Sassy", by Joseph J. Mazzella
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 11:43 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
July 22, 2017
By Answers2Prayer 
  God has been speaking to me a lot lately about the complacency of the church and how it so often shirks its responsibilities to love one another. In fact, regarding the majority of the North American church, God recently gave me Psalms 102:6-7: "I am like an owl in the desert, like a little owl in a far-off wilderness. I lie awake..." In other words, the complacent church has become like that haunting image of the lonely owl fluttering about in the ruins...but it doesn't even know it!

And of course we all remember the not-so-nice words that Jesus has to say about the complacent church of Laodicea: "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot! So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth!" (Rev. 3:17 NET)

Yes, we definitely want to stay away from complacency, but this isn't speaking specifically to one of us on an individual level, is it? This speaks to the church at large, right?

It was with this thought in my mind one morning that I decided to clean the years of accumulated grease out of the vent over my stove before having my worship and prayer time. I justified this decision by telling myself I would be able to spend quality time with God after the cleaning was done, and in all fairness, I did pray while I cleaned. I even prayed about the apathy and complacency of the church, and as I did, I felt proud of myself. I was "doing my duty" to the church and accomplishing a major task at the same time. 

Interestingly, when I did finally sit down for worship, God had some rather stern things to say to me from Ezra 9...

Here we find Ezra the priest down on his knees with torn clothing, pulling the hair out of his uncovered head and his beard, confessing and pleading with God to forgive: "When I heard this, I tore my cloak and my shirt, pulled hair from my head and beard, and sat down utterly shocked." (Ezra 9:3 NLT). 

What was Ezra's great sin?

As you read the chapter, you see that Ezra wasn't actually repenting from anything he, himself had done. He was interceding on behalf of the people: "Many of the people of Israel, and even some of the priests and Levites, have not kept themselves separate from the other peoples living in the land..." (Ezra 9:1 NLT). And he didn't just say a quick prayer, either. Ezra 9:5 tells us that he stayed in this position of humility and mourning until evening, and only then did he begin his prayer!

I wonder what Ezra had previously planned for that day? Had he maybe hoped to "clean" his "oven vent"? Whatever it was, he willingly put it aside in order to make the people his new #1 priority. Ezra wasn't complacent or apathetic; he truly loved the people enough to put their needs before his own plans. I, on the other hand, hadn't even been able to put aside the oven-vent-cleaning task long enough to have my routine worship and prayer time. I was guilty of putting my oven vent at a place of higher importance in my heart than God and the people He has called me to love and pray for. I was, indeed, guilty of the complacency and apathy I had been praying against.... 

I realized that day that simply praying against apathy and complacency in the church isn't enough. In addition, I need to do everything I can to avoid contributing to that complacency. 

Do you find yourself falling into this trap? Has your "oven vent" -- whatever there is on your to-do list -- become more important than those God has asked you to help? If so, then like me, you may have allowed apathy and complacency to creep into your heart. If Ezra loved the people enough to put aside everything he had planned for that day, to tear his clothing and pull out his beard, to confess and pray about a sin that he, himself, hadn't even committed, then perhaps we should also put aside our to-do lists, including the "oven vents", for a few brief minutes, and give our undivided attention to praying for and helping others. Will you join me today in making a personal commitment, not to just pray against complacency in the church, but to take steps to not contribute to that complacency? To love others and care for them the way Ezra cared for the people? If so, I invite you to pray the following prayer with me: 

Dear God, forgive us for our apathy and our complacency. We repent of our lack of love for one another. We repent that we allow our own agendas to stand in the way of what You would have us to do. We pray that, as part of the world-wide church, we would each "wake up", that we would put aside our "oven vents" -- all the things on our to-do lists -- and instead, we would rise up as mighty warriors, intent on being Your hands and feet on this earth. In so doing, we will be doing our part to fight against complacency in the church. In the powerful name of Jesus, Amen

I do know an excellent, easy way to get the accumulated grease off an oven vent, by the way. I'm happy to share my secret...but only after we have done all that God has placed on our hearts to do!

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Great news! Answers2Prayer has a webpage offering 68 Online Bibles available in different languages. Please visit us! If you know of an online Bible in a language that we do not yet have available, please let us know by sending an e-mail. Thank you my friends.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:48 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

July 20, 2016

Just a Little Thing...What Harm can it Do?

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us  How often have you heard someone say "It's just a little thing..."

Romans 3:23 tells us "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." 

The worst murderer, the child molester, the drunk in the gutter...the worst thing you can think of is not a more punishable sin than that "little white lie". The wisest man on earth spoke about little foxes and vines: "Catch us the foxes, The little foxes that spoil the vines, For our vines have tender grapes." (Song of Solomon 2:15 NKJV)  

The great Johnstown Flood of 1889 began as a little crack in the dam but the end result was 2,209 persons lost their lives and property damage was US$17 Million.

Other little things are important, too. A smile, a hug, a kind word -- a little thing to be sure but it can make a world of difference in someone's life.

Have you ever had the blessing of holding a newborn in your arms? Such a little thing to be sure but what a joy it is.

Recently I learned the value of a little thing! I loaded my aging washing machine to begin my usual laundry day chores. The washer filled, swished, drained and -- stopped! I tried again. Again fill, swish, drain and stop! I live on a limited budget which has little leeway for a new washer. Oh what was I going to do? Pray! Yes, that was what I did -- oh, and call the repairman. After carefully checking each relay switch and each wiring connection he was about to give up; but being the careful technician he is, he just couldn't so he began to consider other possible causes. Ah ha! There was something between the two tubs. No, that wasn't possible -- but it was! A Sock! Just a little sock but a very expensive one to be sure. That day I learned firsthand the value of a little thing.

Now if I am tempted to discount the little things I remember my "very expensive sock" and know that the little things are important.

Wynona Gordon

Announcement:

Do you need to be prayed for or do you know someone in need? Don't hesitate to contact us by clicking here. We are here to pray for you and to offer you encouragements.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 18 Jul 2017, 9:40 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
July 18, 2017
Yes You Can
By Answers2Prayer 

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8 NIV)

A friend who was down in the dumps wrote me a letter a few weeks ago. His life was full of problems. His heart was full of worries. He was low on hope. He ended his letter to me with this question: "We can't really change this crazy world we live in, can we?" I answered him immediately and started my own letter with these words: "Yes, we most certainly can!"

I can still remember one of the first times someone changed my world. She was the music teacher at my elementary school, the guitarist at our church, and a family friend. I had a huge crush on her too and wanted to impress her more than anything. I had no talent at any instrument, however, and my singing while enthusiastic was quite awful. One day she let me try playing her guitar. I did my best but could only stumble along. When I was done I put my head down. "I guess I am not very good," I told her. She looked at me with her kind eyes, smiled, and said: "We are all good at something. You just need to find out what you are good at. Then you can share it with the world."

Those simple words changed me. They planted a seed in my soul that continues to grow to this day. They made me realize that I had something to give to others. I had something inside of me that was good and that could change this world for the better. I just had to find it, bring it out and share it. And that is what I have tried to do all of the years since that fateful day.

Can you change the world? Yes you can! You can change it and make it better every single day of your life. You can change it one choice, one person, and one kind act at a time. All you have to do is share your goodness. All you have to do is live your love. Mother Teresa once said: "God doesn't ask us to do great things, only small things with great love." Make your love great then! Live well! Do good! Change the world!

Joseph J. Mazzella

Announcement:

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 10:54 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

July 15, 2017

How Big is Your God? Part 2

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us  Last Thursday, in "How Big is our God, Part 1", we saw that no matter what we are going through, our God is bigger. The reason our circumstances seem larger than God is that we focus on them instead of on Him. The solution for keeping them in their proper perspective lies in keeping our eyes fixed upon Jesus. 

Why is it, however, that our eyes seem so naturally drawn to our problems and away from Jesus? Is it possible that we allow our circumstances to become--false gods? 

Now wait a minute. Even that idea seems harsh! Just because we are focusing on our problems doesn't mean we are bowing before them! 

Keep in mind, however, that false gods are not limited to idols made of wood and stone, and worship includes more than physically bowing before something. The Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry defines false gods as follows: "gods that are not real but invented by men or inspired by demons. The purpose of which is to deceive people, so they do not believe in the true and living God." Thus, a false god can be anything that consumes our time and energy so much that it draws our attention away from God. It could be a spouse or a job; it could be addictions, pastimes, pets, etc. The point is, anything we allow to become big in our minds has the potential of becoming a type of god for us. 

In the context of our negative circumstances, if they have managed to draw our attention away from God or have made us doubt God's power, if they have managed to make it seem that God isn't there, isn't listening or doesn't care, if they have caused us to stop believing that God is bigger than our problems, then by definition, they have become a "false god". 

Let me illustrate:

The week before Easter was a horrendous week at the rehab hospital where I work. Circumstances dictated that a record number of people needed to be seen by a significantly-reduced number of staff. By Thursday morning, the day before Good Friday, I could see no solution to the workload without putting in several more hours of unpaid overtime. I was so tired and stressed by it all that I burst into tears: "I guess there will once again be no lunch for me," I sobbed, "and I'll be here until 6 tonight, and probably even later...Again!" 

If you are sensing a touch of self-pity in my words, you are very right. My problem was that I was giving the circumstances my entire focus. I was allowing the busyness at work to become my false god to the point that I couldn't seem to remember that God, the author of time, was way bigger than my lack of it. Hey, I couldn't even seem to remember there was a God! 

And my tirade of self-pity continued: "I'm so hungry. I have a headache. I have things I need to do after work..."

That's when God reminded me of this message that He had already been working into my heart: I was allowing my circumstances to become bigger than my God, and the enemy was using this to keep my focus away from the only One who could truly help me. I lifted my eyes to Heaven at that point, and as soon as I did, I heard God's voice in my spirit: "Why won't you get time off for lunch?"

But my circumstances still loomed so large in my eyes: "Because You didn't do Your job, Lord!" I ranted. "You promised me You would take care of the busyness at work today, but You haven't!"

Yup. By focusing on my circumstances, they had succeeded in making me doubt God's bigness to the point that I was actually accusing God! They had most certainly become a "false god"...

But that loving voice in my spirit wasn't daunted by my false accusations: "Is the day over?"

"Uh, no."

"Take lunch, Lyn!"

Slowly I nodded my head as I decided to take that step in faith. "Okay," I said, "I thank You in advance for coming through for me. I put the day and the work in Your hands, and I bless Your holy name for how big You are going to be in these circumstances today!" 

As I said those words, my mind was overcome with the wondrous love and power of God, and the circumstances shrunk back in my mind until they seemed like nothing at all.

I did take lunch, and when yet another new referral came in that afternoon, the all-big, all-knowing, all-powerful God of the universe sent me unexpected help. He then slowed time so that I could accomplish a lot more in my allotted charting time than is humanly possible, and I was packing my bags to leave by 4:40. Anyone surprised to know that I also finished everything at home, and I wasn't even late to bed? Oh, and I had such peace in my heart that entire afternoon that I was actually able to brighten my patients' day. 

In the light of the huge things you are experiencing, this example may seem trite; but let's remember that no matter what it is you're going through right now, God is bigger: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." (Rev. 22:13 NET). When we allow our circumstances, no matter how small or how large, to consume our focus and cause us to take our eyes off God, they will become a false god to us. They will loom over us, squashing our hope and feeding our fears. However, when we make that effort to see things from God's perspective, when we put our faith in Him, when we give Him the circumstances, no matter how big or small, fully believing that He is big enough to come through for us, He always does. Sometimes we have to wait, but even in the waiting, God will give us joy in our hearts; for we can be assured that no matter what our circumstances, our God is bigger!

In His love, 
Lyn

Announcement:

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 9:33 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
July 13, 2017

How Big is Your God? Part 1

By Answers2Prayer 
  I've recently been in awe over the fact that my God is very, very big: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." (Rev. 22:13 NET). What this means is: 

1. God is all powerful: "Oh, Lord GOD, you did indeed make heaven and earth by your mighty power and great strength. Nothing is too hard for you!" (Jeremiah 32:17 NET). 

If God created everything by His power, then nothing is too big for God's power! 

2. God is always present: "Where can I go to escape your spirit? Where can I flee to escape your presence? If I were to ascend to heaven, you would be there. If I were to sprawl out in Sheol, there you would be. If I were to fly away on the wings of the dawn, and settle down on the other side of the sea, even there your hand would guide me, your right hand would grab hold of me." (Psalm 139:7-10 NET).

There is simply no where we can go to get away from God. It doesn't matter how much it seems like God isn't there, He is! 

3. God knows everything: "O LORD, you examine me and know. You know when I sit down and when I get up; even from far away you understand my motives. You carefully observe me when I travel or when I lie down to rest; you are aware of everything I do. Certainly my tongue does not frame a word without you, O LORD, being thoroughly aware of it...Your knowledge is beyond my comprehension; it is so far beyond me, I am unable to fathom it." (Psalm 139:1-6). 

No matter where you are or what situation you find yourself in, God knows! 

I could go on with the list, but I think you get the point: God is very, very big! And a God who is that big is also far bigger than whatever problems we are going through.

This does raise some interesting questions, however: If God is always there, if He knows everything and is all powerful, then why, in the midst of our circumstances, can't we find Him? Why can't we see Him at work? Has He truly abandoned us to our troubles? 

A simple fact in life is that whatever it is we focus on will consume all of our attention. Take, for example, the movies. Every time I go to a movie theatre, I am impressed with the way a light emitted from a very small opening can project across the top of a large room to fill a huge screen with picture. I tend to get so caught up in the story I am watching that I forget it is nothing more than a projection from a very small light source. In the same way, when we focus only on our problems, they will seem to grow and spread until they overtake our every thought and action, making it impossible to see God's hand in our situations. 

I know that am making it sound as if the problems you are facing right now are small, and I know this is likely not true. A death in the family is not small. Neither is a cancer diagnosis or a spouse who has left home. And the loss of your job/home/car/support system is certain not small either! Big or small, however, when our attention is riveted on what we are going through, the results is the same: We can't seem to remember how much bigger God is, and our ability to see God at work is sorely limited.

There is, however, a rather simple solution, one that will help us to remember that no matter how bad things are, God is bigger: "...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith..." (Heb. 12:2a NLT). Jesus had the ultimate problem before Him. In addition to being in the midst of horrific physical pain and mental suffering, He also carried the weight of every sin on His shoulders, and the outcome of the cosmic sin problem was completely in His hands. How did He make it through? "...for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Heb. 12:2b NLT). You see, Jesus knew His father was bigger than His circumstances. He knew God would come through, and this allowed Him to be able to focus on the outcome rather than on the problems at hand. 

Let's follow Jesus' example. Let's remember that no matter how bad the circumstances are, God is bigger and He will come through. When we keep our eyes on Jesus, especially in the midst of our trials, we will begin to see our circumstances from the perspective of our very big God! 

But wait. Is it possible that by focusing only on our circumstances, we are in danger of making whatever trials we are going through into...false gods...? 

Uh...surely not...

Please join us on Saturday for "How Big is Your God, Part 2".

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying the summer weather that has finally found us in Southern Ontario, Canada. Though summer is my favorite season, I must remember that I appreciate it a LOT more because of the harsh winters that can also assail us. Let's remember this as we're going through the "winter" times of our lives! It's because of the "winter" that we can best appreciate the "summer"! God bless you!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 4:10 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

July 8, 2017

Giving Away my Peace
By Answers2Prayer 
  "Know God? Then you know peace. You don't always 'feel' that peace because you give it away by taking your eyes off the Prince of Peace!"

That was my tweet the other morning. And I firmly believed it. In fact, I left my prayer closet thanking God for His peace and for the fact that He had helped me learn to stop giving it away!
Then the "day" began to happen. And it was one of those days... 
It all started off when the nose pad on my glasses broke just before I needed to leave for work. Being extremely far-sighted, there was no way I could manage at work without my glasses, but with that little nose pad post poking into my nose, how would I be able to manage?
And I took my eyes off of Jesus and gave away my peace.
Things went downhill from there. Everything I touched ended up going--literally--"downhill"! We'll just say that the laws of gravity were definitely in effect as my cup slipped through my hands, dumping a freshly-made smoothie across my kitchen. Next the oatmeal pot slipped through my hands, dumping cooked cereal all over the stove top. I won't bore you with all the things that were affected by gravity, but suffice is to say, those gravitational laws were very much in effect all day, and since my hands seemed to be perpetually coated with some slippery substance, I can't even count how many messes I had to clean up. I will say, however, that the worst of them was when I dumped hot tea all over a patient...Let's just say it's not something you would wish to put on a resume...
I'm sure you can all relate, for though my day was filled with the kinds of annoyances that serve to put us in a bad mood, there was very likely a real disaster or two on your list of frustrations. Where is God in all of this? Why isn't He intervening? How will I ever make it through? 
Paul could also relate. He had a disastrous day as well, one that cumulated in a death sentence: "For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, regarding the affliction that happened to us in the province of Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of living. Indeed we felt as if the sentence of death had been passed against us..." (2 Cor 1:8-9a)
Unlike me, however, Paul didn't give away his peace. Instead, he goes on to say, "...we felt as if the sentence of death had been passed against us so that we would not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead." (vs. 9b) 
Paul had a purpose: To turn his focus to God. 
Did it work?
It must have, for Paul then says: "He delivered us from so great a risk of death, and he will deliver us. We have set our hope on him that he will deliver us yet again..." (vs. 10-11)
Though it was the worst of days, Paul had peace. He knew would God come through for them. 
As I look back over my frustrating day, I see God's hand all over it. My student jerry-rigged my glasses, providing me with a temporary solution. She offered to see my lunch-time patients so I could make the 45 minute trip to the occulist, and then I actually made the round trip in a record 30. A patient cancelled, allowing for charting time, and my son and his girlfriend helped with all my evening chores. Oh, and the patient who received the hot tea "bath"? She just "happened" to be a former patient of mine from years gone by. After razzing me a bit, she laughed it off. Though it seemed I was going it alone, God was right there, carrying me through. I could rely on the God of peace to deliver me yet again. 
Hey, did God allow so many frustrations so that I, like Paul, could say, "...we felt as if the sentence of death had been passed against us so that we would not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead." (2 Cor 1:9b)? 
Perhaps, for my eyes are certainly on Him today...Funny how the slippery hands and heavy gravitational pull don't seem to be quite as prevalent today...
Prayer: God, help me keep my eyes on You, so that no matter what happens today, I will keep Your peace! 
In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Just how big is YOUR God? Join us on Thursday and Saturday next week for "How Big is Your God?" A mini-series by Lynona Gordon Chaffart
©Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give."Welcome to the Nugget

July 8, 2017

Giving Away my Peace
By Answers2Prayer 
  "Know God? Then you know peace. You don't always 'feel' that peace because you give it away by taking your eyes off the Prince of Peace!"

That was my tweet the other morning. And I firmly believed it. In fact, I left my prayer closet thanking God for His peace and for the fact that He had helped me learn to stop giving it away!
It all started off when the nose pad on my glasses broke just before I needed to leave for work. Being extremely far-sighted, there was no way I could manage at work without my glasses, but with that little nose pad post poking into my nose, how would I be able to manage?
Things went downhill from there. Everything I touched ended up going--literally--"downhill"! We'll just say that the laws of gravity were definitely in effect as my cup slipped through my hands, dumping a freshly-made smoothie across my kitchen. Next the oatmeal pot slipped through my hands, dumping cooked cereal all over the stove top. I won't bore you with all the things that were affected by gravity, but suffice is to say, those gravitational laws were very much in effect all day, and since my hands seemed to be perpetually coated with some slippery substance, I can't even count how many messes I had to clean up. I will say, however, that the worst of them was when I dumped hot tea all over a patient...Let's just say it's not something you would wish to put on a resume...
I'm sure you can all relate, for though my day was filled with the kinds of annoyances that serve to put us in a bad mood, there was very likely a real disaster or two on your list of frustrations. Where is God in all of this? Why isn't He intervening? How will I ever make it through? 
Paul could also relate. He had a disastrous day as well, one that cumulated in a death sentence: "For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, regarding the affliction that happened to us in the province of Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of living. Indeed we felt as if the sentence of death had been passed against us..." (2 Cor 1:8-9a)
Unlike me, however, Paul didn't give away his peace. Instead, he goes on to say, "...we felt as if the sentence of death had been passed against us so that we would not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead." (vs. 9b) 
Did it work?
It must have, for Paul then says: "He delivered us from so great a risk of death, and he will deliver us. We have set our hope on him that he will deliver us yet again..." (vs. 10-11)
Though it was the worst of days, Paul had peace. He knew would God come through for them. 
As I look back over my frustrating day, I see God's hand all over it. My student jerry-rigged my glasses, providing me with a temporary solution. She offered to see my lunch-time patients so I could make the 45 minute trip to the occulist, and then I actually made the round trip in a record 30. A patient cancelled, allowing for charting time, and my son and his girlfriend helped with all my evening chores. Oh, and the patient who received the hot tea "bath"? She just "happened" to be a former patient of mine from years gone by. After razzing me a bit, she laughed it off. Though it seemed I was going it alone, God was right there, carrying me through. I could rely on the God of peace to deliver me yet again. 
Hey, did God allow so many frustrations so that I, like Paul, could say, "...we felt as if the sentence of death had been passed against us so that we would not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead." (2 Cor 1:9b)? 
Perhaps, for my eyes are certainly on Him today...Funny how the slippery hands and heavy gravitational pull don't seem to be quite as prevalent today...
Prayer: God, help me keep my eyes on You, so that no matter what happens today, I will keep Your peace! 
In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Just how big is YOUR God? Join us on Thursday and Saturday next week for "How Big is Your God?" A mini-series by Lynona Gordon Chaffart
©Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give."Welcome to the Nugget

July 8, 2017

Giving Away my Peace
By Answers2Prayer 

Did it work?
In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 11 Jul 2017, 12:29 am

Welcome to the Nugget

July 8, 2017

Giving Away my Peace
By Answers2Prayer 

Did it work?

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 06 Jul 2017, 10:02 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
July 6, 2017

Three Things we must do when our World Turns Dark

By Answers2Prayer 
  That short hour the other night without electricity reminded me how wimpy I had become. Back in Bolivia where I was born, electricity and water only lasted till noon. And we adjusted, thought of it as normal and never thought to complain.

"Honey!" I called to my hubby the other night, "the phone is dead."

"Everything is dead," he said. "The electricity went out."

You see, for this blind gal, the fact there are no lights is no big deal. But when the phone or the computer don't work...that's major stuff.

My lights went off recently in a different way. I witnessed one of my closest friend suffer with a sorrowful situation with her family. Adversity seemed to darken her life with no warning. And her heartache and worry became mine. We prayed together on the phone and we asked for God's intervention. As we did, God used the centurion's story to remind me of the three truths to cling to when darkness hovers:

Jesus is attentive to our own sorrow, to small and big details, as well as when we pray for others: 

"When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 'Lord,' he said, 'my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering.'" (Matthew 8:5)

If we turn to Jesus, place all that aches before Him and wait; we'll find He's willing to answer. 

"He said to him, 'I will go and heal him.' The centurion replied, 'Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.'" (Matthew 8:8)

Jesus observes our level of trust, our belief and our faith:

"When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, 'I tell you the truth. I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.'" (Matthew 8: 10)

How much faith will you have as you place all your requests before Jesus?

Janet Eckles

Announcement:
Do you know any facebook fans? Why not invite them to visit Answers2Prayer on Facebook! This is their opportunity to discover that our Heavenly Father truly cares for them, and that Jesus is not only their Saviour by their friend as well!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 10:31 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

July 4, 2017

Shoe Boxes of my Mind

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us  "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13:34) 

I was looking through some of the shoe boxes of my mind today. Those are the places where I store all of the wonderful moments of learning and loving that I have had in this life. One such memory is of a simple picture drawn for me by a 5th grade student when I was a very young substitute teacher. I lost the real picture in one of the several moves I have made over the years, but the picture is still there in one of the shoe boxes of my cluttered, middle-aged mind.

It was drawn in crayons and colored pencils. There were lovely, red, Fall trees, green grass, and flowers under a golden sun. Under it were written the words: "You are the best teacher I've ever had." Now the strange thing was that I had only been her teacher for one day and I would never teach in her classroom again. That was the life of a substitute teacher. You hardly ever got the same class twice. Still, I was young and idealistic. I believed in what the great educator Leo Buscaglia had said about using positive, caring, and encouraging words with your students. That day I had taken the opportunity to tell that young artist how great her English paper had been and that she should "Keep up the wonderful work!" As school ended that day she handed me the picture, smiled, and ran out to her bus. I kept that picture in a special folder on my dresser and in a special shoe box in my mind. I was amazed at how my one kind comment had meant so much to her, and I thanked God for giving me the wisdom to say it.

Now that I am old and idealistic I see that every caring word we say, every act of kindness we do, and every bit of love we share makes a difference in this world. God loves us all and God created us all for a purpose. We are to love each other and make this world a better place in our own special way. May you do so today. May you fill all of your days with love and kindness. 

May you fill all the shoe boxes of your mind with memories of joy.

By: Joseph J. Mazzella

Announcement:

The Illustrator and the Nugget have joined forces and are now on Facebook under the name Answers2Prayer. This group is dedicated to bringing people closer to our loving God through daily thought-provoking devotionals and inspirational stories.

Invite them to join us at by clicking here. They may either sign in or sign up, and once into their account, they can search for Answers2Prayer in the search bar (on the top right corner of the screen) and hit enter. Here they will find our new group, and they can click on "Join Group", hit "Confirm" and then enjoy daily encouragement.

As always, this is a free. Our goal is to help your friends and family make Jesus their focus!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 12:29 am

Welcome to the Nugget

July 1, 2017

Receiving Your Rachel
By Answers2Prayer   
 The story is recorded in Genesis 28 and 29. Jacob, fleeing his brother and far from home, received a vision of God (See Gen. 28:10-17), assuring him that God would: a) Give him the land of Canaan (vs. 13); b) Make him a mighty nation that would bless the world (vs. 14); c) Go with him and protect him (vs 15); and, d) One day bring him back to Canaan (vs. 15). Jacob then found himself in his Uncle Laban's household. He fell in love with Laban's younger daughter, Rachel, and willingly worked seven long, hard years to win her hand in marriage. On the day of his wedding, it must have seemed like his problems had finally turned around.

Until the morning after, that is, when he awoke to realize that he didn't married his beloved Rachel at all, but rather, her older sister, Leah!

What a dirty, nasty trick to play on someone. Why would this happen? Why would God even allow Laban to do such a thing? 

I have a good friend in Alberta who has suffered for years with chronic pain. In addition to this, she has been experiencing compounding health problems since the fall of 2015. She has battled an ongoing pneumonia that has taken away her voice, her endurance, and her ability to maintain her job. For several months of that time, she also battled angina. Throughout this, God promised her that her healing "is coming" and asked her to walk with Him in faith. The first bout of angina slowly waned, and she began to regain her voice, her strength and her endurance. Despite dealing with the death of her father in the midst of her recovery, she slowly built herself back up to nearly full-time work. That's when the second bout of angina struck her down. 

My friend's story is much like Jacob's. Just as Jacob received a vision of God in the midst of his initial trials, my friend was told by God that her healing was coming. Just like Jacob's life seemed to have been turning around, my friend was beginning to recover from her initial ordeal. In fact, we were already praising God for her healing. But just like Jacob would then receive the ultimate in deception right when he should have received the reward for his hard work, my friend was struck with and completely debilitated by that second bout of angina. 

I know all of you can relate to this, for this scenario is not foreign to any of us. Just as things seem to be settling down, something new strikes and we find ourselves worse off than before. I would be lying if I were to tell you that I am not shaken by these types of circumstances. In fact, they usually serve to thoroughly rock my faith, and I begin asking questions such as: "Why won't God heal me? Doesn't He love me? Have I done something to offend Him?" 

But has God really abandoned us to our troubles? Has He abandoned my friend? Did He abandon Jacob?

We don't yet know the outcome of my friend's story, nor of our own; but we do know the outcome of Jacob's story:

1. God worked something good out of Laban's deception. It was a result of the union with Leah, and not the union with the beloved Rachel, that both Levi and Judah were born. Levi would become the ancestral father of Moses and the entire priesthood, and Judah would become the ancestral father of King David, and later, Jesus Himself. It is yet another example of how God works good things out of bad situations: "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (Rom. 8:28 NLT)

In the same way, God will work something beautiful out of the trickery of the devil in my friend's life and in your life as well, for, "God has made everything beautiful for its own time." (Eccl. 3:11 NLT), and "The Lord always keeps his promises; he is gracious in all he does." (Ps. 145:13 NLT). 

2. In the end, Jacob did receive Rachel as his wife, and he didn't even have to wait long: "A week after Jacob had married Leah, Laban gave him Rachel, too." (Gen. 29:28b NLT). Yes, he did have to work another seven years to pay her dowry; yet, despite Laban's filthy trickery, Jacob did receive the desire of his heart.

And you will as well! 

Are you suffering from illness? Financial difficulties? Loss of job? Family problems? Death in the family? Loss of your home? Whatever it may be, this is the "Leah" that the devil has thrown your way to shake your faith. It doesn't matter what circumstance dictates. It doesn't matter what kind of horrible label the professionals are giving your set of problems. Do not despair, your "Rachel"--the touch of God in your situation--is coming! 

So what should we do while we wait? 

We should do what Jacob did:

1. He didn't get angry at God; rather he directed his anger at the one who was responsible for the deception: "'What have you done to me?' Jacob raged at Laban. 'I worked seven years for Rachel! Why have you tricked me?'" (Gen. 29:15 NLT). In the same way, we should not get angry with God. Rather, we should get angry at the devil who is trying to discourage us. We must recognize it for what it is: A dirty trick, designed to shake your faith, for the devil truly prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour (See 1 Peter 5:8).

2. Jacob continued to patiently wait for Rachel: "So Jacob agreed to work seven more years."(Gen. 29:28a NLT). We must also stand firm and wait for God to come through. He will! He always does!

My friend's healing has begun. In fact, 4 days after this was written, she was given two new medications, and after just four weeks, there has been a marked improvement in her health overall. She will receive her "Rachel"...Her health will be returned to her, for God has promised it. The resolution to whatever circumstances you face right now is also coming. Hold on to God's promise in faith and wait patiently for Him to come through with your "Rachel"!

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Have you ever taken the time to contemplate, I mean REALLY contemplate the depth of God's sacrifice to us through the death of Jesus Christ? Visit us online for the previously-published series,  "The Sufferings of Jesus". 
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 10:18 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
June 29, 2017

BREXIT and All That! Part 3

By Answers2Prayer 
  In the concluding part of our series entitled "Brexit and all that", we shall cast the spotlight on a few more priceless benefits of being "in Christ"...

Family... 

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Gal 3:28 NIV) 

Those who are God's children are now part of God's family called the Church. While there is a universal church, comprising of all God's children, the children of God also gather together to worship Him locally in a convenient place under the leadership of an anointed child of God (read Pastor). This constitutes the local church. While corporate worship is the primary motive of the local church, it is also binding on it to "build up and encourage one another" (I Thess 5:11/Eph 4:16/Rom 12:15), even while extending Christ-like love to those outside its portals. While on the subject, let it be said that spiritual bonds are stronger than the blood ties, for the former are eternal in nature, while the latter are limited to this side of Eternity only (Matt 12:46-50). 

The local church, in a way, is a silent miracle in and of itself. Therein, men from diverse backgrounds, with no pride whatsoever about their race, face or place of their upbringing, meet together with one common agenda: To experience their Heavenly Father's Grace and exercise His will (Acts 4:32-33). While on the subject, let me also state: never "exit" (unless there are some very, very compelling, valid reasons) from that Church by whose Ministry you were saved and baptized. There is a Sacred Covenant (in the eyes of the Lord) between you and those Church elders, that they would do all that is within their strength to further your spiritual welfare. On your part, you should co-operate with them in this regard (Heb 13:17). 

Fruit... 

"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5 ESV) 

Remarked a wise saint, "The Christian life is not my responsibility, but rather only a response to His ability"! Not only our right standing (read righteousness) with our Heavenly Father emanates from us being in Christ, but also all our good deeds of loving and caring for one another, both within and outside the Church. We will share both the Gospel and our personal testimonies (Acts 8:25), both within the Church, where our aim is in the transformation of the nominal souls for good; and outside the Church, where our aim is to deliver the unbelievers from sin. This will stem solely from our relationship with our Father, and not from our own finite strength (Zech. 4:6). We supply the will, Christ supplies the power! That's why the Apostle Paul notes in his epistle to the Galatian Churches: "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me...." (Ga.l 2:20 ESV). Then again, it comes as no surprise that in the middle of his amazing, unparalleled Fruit-bearing Ministry that the Wise Apostle declares: "For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." (1 Cor. 15:9 ESV)

So there we are, dear friends. In the Christian realm, who we are actually depends on where we are and who is with us and in us! Say reader, are you "in Christ"? Hmmm...The privileges one has for being in Christ far outweigh the privileges the British might lose for opting out of the EU. So let's persevere in Christ!  

Prayer: Father, we are eternally grateful for having been rooted "in Christ". With Thy enablement, help us to spell out the benefits of being "in Christ" gracefully to those who are living without Him and bring them to your saving grace. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Suresh Manoharan
An unworthy servant
J and SM Ministries

Announcement:

FREEDOM FROM FEAR Fear of heights, fear of being alone, fear of pain, fear of close spaces, fear of death ... This world if riddled with paralyzing fear. This all important series will be tracing fear back to its roots, defining it, and providing tips for complete "Freedom From Fear!" Check it out at by clicking here!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 1:16 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
June 27, 2017
BREXIT and All That! Part 2

By Answers2Prayer 
  Continuing our series entitled "Brexit and all that", today we focus on a few more priceless benefits of being "in Christ"...
Father... 
"So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith..." (Gal. 3:26 NIV) 

Not only are we treated as "faultless" in the eyes of God when we are in Christ (remember the first part of our series?), but when we put our trust in the Saviour's atoning work on the Cross (John 1:12), we are given the priceless privilege of at once becoming God's children in Christ. 

While Jews in biblical times came trembling to their temple, offering many sacrifices to appease God, and while other religions do not dare to call God their Father, only those who are "in Christ" can come joyously running into their Heavenly Father's presence, calling Him "Abba". And there is a ring of warm informality to the term Abba. In the Aramaic language, it is an equivalent of our contemporary Daddy or Papa. Consider this Scripture: "...For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, 'Abba! Father!'" (Rom. 8:15 ESV) 

There is no needless, frantic fear for God in a Christian's life, but only a deeply reverential fear. The life of those who are "in Christ" will be one long, joyous walk with the Father (Philippians 4:4-7). Yes, in this journey, the child of God may have some slip-ups, and subsequently there may be some painful discipline exercised by the concerned Father (See Heb 12:5-11), which again is the proof of the former's sonship; however, when it is all said and done, obedience to the Father for a Christian will not be a drag, but a delight. Rivers of joy will perpetually flow into his heart (John 7:37-38) throughout his spiritual journey, even as he fleshes out an "abundant life" in Christ (John 10:10). 

Freedom... 

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8:36 ESV) 

When one is walking with a heart full of Heavenly love and joy for the Heavenly Father, the human heart experiences full liberty. And why not? It has been set free both from licentiousness (bye, bye Epicurean philosophy! See Col 2:10-13) and of the need to gain Divine approval by rigid legalism (Farewell Stoicism, Pharisaical rituals et al! See Gal 5:1). What a blessed state! What a blessed state indeed!

Prayer: Father, what a wonderful privilege it is to be "in Christ". May we, who are experiencing the "priceless benefits" of being "in Christ", be ever grateful and loyal to Thee. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Suresh Manoharan
An unworthy servant
J and SM Ministries

Announcement:
LESSONS FROM HANDICAPS!!!  Are there lessons you can learn from handicaps? Click here and see!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top