Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 2 Bots

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» WAR DRUMS
Today at 4:18 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Today at 3:57 pm by Admin

» POPE FRANCIS CALLS JESUS A SINNER !!!
Today at 2:56 pm by Admin

» 10 FACTS About the MARK OF THE BEAST Satan Doesn't Want You to Know !!!
Today at 2:53 pm by Admin

» Prayers please for Joanne and Cairwyn Brain Tumor
Today at 2:33 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Yesterday at 11:50 pm by Admin

» Christian School Banned from Teaching ‘Offensive’ Parts of Bible
Yesterday at 11:40 pm by Admin

» Act For America Alerts please read regular updates
Yesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 11:33 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Yesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Yesterday at 11:27 pm by Admin

» THE MASTERS LIST Dean W. Masters
Yesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Daily Encounter with: ACTS International
Yesterday at 11:20 pm by Admin

» HEARTLIGHT — A Year with Jesus
Yesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Yesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» My Manna
Yesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Yesterday at 10:34 pm by Admin

» What is the Bilderberg Group? - The Illuminati - (Full Documentary)
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

»  7 Things You Need To Know Your Cholesterol Is Too High (Before Taking Meds!
Yesterday at 10:04 pm by Admin

» UK The Queen's Speech-BREXIT 2017
Yesterday at 7:36 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS

Post  Admin Yesterday at 10:34 pm

Inexplicable Summer Solstice Rain Hits Israel in Driest Season
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 21, 2017 , 2:30 pm
0Share 0Email 0Share
“As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.” Proverbs 26:1 (The Israel Bible™)

Rain clouds gather over the Bet Shean Valley (Photo by Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz/ Breaking Israel News)
Israelis got an unseasonable reminder of God’s ability to do the improbable when, on Wednesday, the official first day of summer, scattered rain fell from the north, down the coast, and even in the normally arid northern Negev. The unexpected wetness only lasted a few hours, disappearing before anyone could think to unpack their umbrella. Meteorologist assured everyone that the precipitation was an anomaly and that dry heat was on the ticket for the rest of the summer.

The rainy season usually begins in Israel around October and may linger until March. Jewish prayer mirrors the season in Israel and the prayers for rain begin on Shemini Atzeret, the last day of the holiday of Sukkot. Rain can be expected until April, so today’s rain was entirely unexpected, the result of a freak flow of air from Turkey causing an imbalance of temperatures over the Mediterranean.

As many looked to the heavens, their faces strangely damp, they were reminded that Judaism is, at its essence, an agricultural religion closely tied to nature and the seasons. Though rain is normally a sign of blessing, in the Bible, summer rain is viewed as a negative phenomenon, unexpected and out of place, as noted in Proverbs.

As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool. Proverbs 26:1

Jews ceased praying for rain two months ago when Passover began. Just as seasonal rain is necessary to bring forth the blessed bounty of the land, rain out of season can be a curse, rotting the sheaves of wheat as they dry in the fields.

According to Jewish scholars, it was precisely in this month when, in his farewell speech,  the Prophet Samuel called out to God, angry that the Jews had asked for a king.

Is it not wheat harvest to-day? I will call unto Hashem, that He may send thunder and rain; and ye shall know and see that your wickedness is great, which ye have done in the sight of Hashem, in asking you a king.’ I Samuel 12:

From this we learn that rain out season can be a tool for divine retribution and used to harm Israel.

Rabbi Yitzchak Batzri cited the Mishna (oral law), which states that rain after the month of Sivan (last month) is a bad omen. Nonetheless, the rabbi noted that this opinion is not universal, and in the current situation in which Israel is suffering a multi-year drought, rain, even when it falls out of season, can be seen as an exceptional sign of grace.
https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/90074/inexplicable-summer-solstice-rain-hits-israel-driest-season/?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Yesterday at 3:21 pm

Every Democratic Country in UNHRC Snubs Anti-Israel ‘Agenda 7’ Debate in Geneva
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 21, 2017 , 7:30 am
“And it shall come to pass in that day that I will make Yerushalayim a stone of burden for all the peoples; all that burden themselves with it shall be sore wounded; and all the nations of the earth shall be gathered together against it.” Zechariah 12:3 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/UN_Geneva_Human_Rights_and_Alliance_of_Civilizations_Room.jpg
The meeting room of the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva. (Ludovic Courtès/Wikimedia COmmons)
In a major challenge to the anti-Israel bias in the United Nations (UN), every Western nation boycotted the Agenda Item 7 debate at the opening of the 35th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva on Sunday.

Agenda Item 7 requires that Israeli human rights violations against Palestinians be discussed at each of the UNHRC’s triannual sessions. This displays an unmistakeable bias since no other country has a dedicated agenda item.

Israel does not attend the Agenda 7 debate and the US has not participated in it since the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) was established in 2006. US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley told the UNHRC earlier this month that elimination of Agenda Item 7 was one of the necessary reforms the council must make if the United States is to remain, referring to Item 7 as a “scandalous provision that must be removed.”

Support for Item 7 has been falling away and in the last session in January, Sweden, Slovenia, and Luxembourg were the only European nations to participate. At the June session, however, even they were absent.

The move showed a “significant stand by the Western democracies against prejudice,” Hillel Neuer, executive director of the UN Watch, told the Algemeiner.

The lopsided attendance did not deter the nations who did participate. UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad delivered a typically critical report.

“The general patterns of human rights violations and non-implementations of recommendations are not merely symptoms of the conflict, but further fuel the cycle of violence, which has now persisted for half a century. To break the cycle the root causes must be addressed these includes bringing the occupation to an end and addressing the security concerns of Israel,” Ra’ad said, ending on a slightly softer note than usual.

The Palestinian Ambassador to the UNHRC in Geneva, Ibrahim Khraishi, objected to the report, saying that Israel was far more culpable than Palestinian terror. Any Palestinian actions were justified, he reasoned, since they are suffering under the Israeli “occupation”.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89991/democratic-nations-boycott-biased-un-anti-israel-debate/#QiYbmBvos8kuwDcl.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 4:05 pm

Christian “Awakening” to Holiness of Temple Mount Draws Islamic Fury
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 20, 2017 , 12:30 pm
“Even them will I bring to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer; their burnt-offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon Mine altar; for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.” Isaiah 56:7 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/jerusalem-kotel-western-wall-temple-mount-old-city.jpg
A view of Jerusalem and the Temple Mount. (Shutterstock)
Until now, the bloody battle for the Temple Mount has been fought between Muslims and Jews, but a new awakening among some Christians to its significance is creating a shifting pre-Messianic reality at the already volatile site. The developing status of Christians on the Temple Mount played out a few weeks ago in a Muslim-Christian confrontation that nearly ended in violence.

The Temple Mount showdown involved Nate Waller, Director of Operations at Hayovel, an organization which brings Christian volunteers to Israel to fulfill Biblical prophecy by working on vineyards in Samaria. As a frequent visitor to the Temple Mount, Waller’s connection to the site is an increasingly  important part of his belief – and he thinks other Christians should see it that way, too.

“When I first started visiting the Temple Mount, I didn’t understand the holiness of the place,” Waller told Breaking Israel News. “I used to walk all around the site, like all the other Christian tourists. I would go to the site of the actual Temple, something that is forbidden for Jews to do.”

Through his close work with religious Jews, Waller began to understand the significance of the site.
“Christians generally believe that God’s presence has left the Temple Mount since the destruction of the Temple,” Waller explained. “From the Jews, I am just now beginning to understand that this is still the place of God’s name, and His name has not been removed.”
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/police-riot-temple-mount.jpg
Temple Mount Riots
Israeli police on the Temple Mount. (Sliman Khader/Flash 90)
This theological development had practical implications for Waller. During his visit earlier in the month, Waller purposefully avoided the site of the actual Temple, which is forbidden to Jews because of its holiness. Christian tourists are generally permitted to tour the Temple Mount compound unattended and need not follow a set path, unlike Jews, who are closely monitored by Jordanian Islamic Waqf guards and restricted to a specific route which detours around holy areas prohibited by Jewish law.

“I wanted to follow the Jews so that I wouldn’t stray into the holy areas, but the Waqf guards got angry at this,” Waller explained. “It didn’t bother them when I just went up like every other Christian tourist and disregarded the place as anything special. But when I recognized the holiness of the site, they began to treat me like a Jew and an enemy.”

A confrontation developed between the Waqf guards and Waller’s group. The Islamic Authority alerted the Israeli police, who forced Waller and his group to take the route through the area Jews consider holy and off-limits.

Waller understands that his spiritual connection to the Temple Mount is exceptional and not shared by most Christians.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/433-BIN-Subscribe-BiblicalProphecy-600WIDE.jpg

“One of the things Christianity rejected from Judaism was the Temple. When we lost that, we lost a powerful connecting point with God. Christianity teaches that the Temple is in us, and that is true. But that inner Temple is what draws us to the Temple in Jerusalem.

“Christianity needs to reconnect to that. The Temple is necessary for God to dwell among us.”

The Christian Zionist believes that this developing relationship with the Temple Mount is an essential aspect of Christianity.

“From a Biblical perspective, the Temple Mount is the center of everything,” Waller expressed. “As a Christian, a house of prayer for all nations is an important teaching, especially among the first Christians.”

My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples. Isaiah 56:7

Though referred to in the New Testament, the Temple Mount does not play an integral role in Christianity, as it does in Judaism. Nonetheless, the number of Christians visiting the site has risen to over 200,000 annually.

“I believe this is a reawakening of the House of Prayer for all nations,” Waller speculated. “I think one of the reasons the Temple is not being built is because the nations are not ready. The House of Prayer for all nations can’t come if the nations aren’t there to receive it.”

A parallel process is happening among Jews. Despite police restrictions, the number of Jews visiting the site has more than doubled in the last five years. On Jerusalem Day last month, more than 1,000 Jews ascended to Judaism’s holiest site.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Yakov-Hayman.jpg

Yaakov Hayman, Chairman of the United Temple Movements, encourages this awakening and sees it as having a significant place in the Third Temple.

“All prayer that is not idolatrous is welcome on the Temple Mount,” Hayman said, adding one common-sense stipulation: “Anyone who is not against someone else going up to the Temple Mount should go up to the Temple Mount.”

Currently, Muslims are the only people permitted to pray at the site that is holy to all three Abrahamic religions. Jews and Christians are forbidden from bringing any religious items to the Mount, and are watched by security forces lest they make signs indicating a word or moment of prayer.

Hayman’s organization has brought a suit in the Israeli High Court to bring this vision of a House of Prayer for all nations to reality.

“It is frightening that in this day and age that people are prevented from praying anywhere, especially on the Temple Mount,” Hayman lamented.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89959/christian-awakening-temple-mounts-holiness-brings-prophesied-house-prayer-nations-closer/#xJqfqzIlhbSGdGvv.99

Facebook Creater Zuckberg Recites Hebrew Prayer With Daughter Nightly
By Tsivya Fox June 20, 2017 , 11:30 am
“And ye shall serve Hashem your God, and He will bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.” Exodus 23:25 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/zuckerberg2.png
Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg delivering a commencement speech at Harvard, May 25, 2017. (Screenshot)
Harvard University dropout and Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg stunned the graduation class of 2017 by ending his half-hour commencement speech with a Hebrew prayer. Telling the crowd that he hopes they will “find the courage to make your life a blessing”, Zuckerberg shared that he sings the Mi Shebeirach prayer, the prayer of healing, to his daughter each night as he tucks her into bed.

“Before you walk out those gates one last time, as we sit in front of Memorial Church, I am reminded of a prayer, Mi Shebeirach, that I say whenever I face a challenge, that I sing to my daughter thinking about her future when I tuck her into bed. It goes, ‘May the source of strength, who blessed the ones before us, help us find the courage to make our lives a blessing,’” recited Zuckerberg, who is Jewish.

“Traditionally, the Mi Shebeirach is said in synagogue for those who are ill or in recovery,” explained Roni Segal, academic adviser for The Israel Institute of Biblical Studies, a company which offers courses on Bible and and Biblical languages in collaboration with Hebrew University, to Breaking Israel News.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/EN_Journey_of_Meaning_600x150_Dome.jpg
“Today, it is common for congregations to sing a version of the prayer written by popular Jewish folk musician Debbie Friedman which prays for both physical as well as spiritual healing.”

“Mi Shebeirach” by Debbie Friedman (Hebrew and English)

Thirty-three-year-old Zuckerberg is the sixth-richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of $63.4 billion. He married his college sweetheart, Priscilla Chan, in 2012, who is not Jewish. The couple have one daughter. Together, they have promised to give 99 percent of their income to charity and the support of organizations which do good in the world.

Following last year’s Facebook post stating that he was “celebrating Christmas”, Zuckerberg was asked online if he was still a self-proclaimed atheist. “No,” he replied. “I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important.”

His speech urged students to work towards something bigger than themselves. “I’m here to tell you that finding your purpose isn’t enough. The challenge for our generation is to create a world where everyone has a sense of purpose,” he told the graduates.

“There is something impressive about a young and incredibly successful man publicly stating to the world that he prays each night asking God to heal the sick, show compassion, and strengthen and enliven His creations,” commented Segal to Breaking Israel News.

“It is scientifically documented today that those who are prayed for, even without their knowledge, have a higher rate of recovery than those not prayed for. This fits right into Zuckerberg’s commencement message, that everyone in the world is part of one community and therefore must have ‘a higher purpose to take on big, meaningful projects’ to heal the world and make it a better place.”

To learn more about Hebrew, please visit here
http://lp.israelbiblicalstudies.com/lp_iibs_biblical_hebrew_aure_teacher-en.html?cid=42802&adgroupid=-1&utm_source=Web+Campaign&utm_medium=Israel365_AccountBudget&utm_campaign=BIB_EN_WEB_BIN_Article_Zuckerberg_2017-06-19_42802  
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89936/facebooks-zuckerberg-shares-hebrew-prayer-harvard-speech/#8ZiKELrKvcQkCLsX.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 9:04 pm

Recent Yellowstone Earthquakes “Special Attribute to End of Days”, Declares Rabbi
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 19, 2017 , 12:30 pm
“Who looketh on the earth, and it trembleth; He toucheth the mountains, and they smoke.” Psalms 104:32 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/volcano-fire-explosive.jpg
Illustrative (Shutterstock.com)
A recent wave of hundreds of small tremors centered around Yellowstone raise fears of the threat of a supervolcano in the heartland of America, one that seismologists say is set to hit sooner rather than later. Several rabbis explain that this terrifying prediction may not be as terrifying as scientists think, since it is, after all, a prophesied stage in the Messianic process.
Yellowstone Park attracts thousands of tourists who come to witness God’s creation, but the enormous crater, in all its beauty, is not only testimony to His creative majesty but to His destructive anger as well. Unlike the Grand Canyon, the product of 17 million years of patient aquatic erosion, the centerpiece of Yellowstone Park is a 40-mile wide caldera crater, the result of a sudden cataclysmic geologic explosion 630,000 years ago.
Recent seismic activity suggest this tranquil natural refuge may be ready to revert to its violent past.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/yellowstone.jpg
Geothermal features at Yellowstone National Park. (Wikimedia Commons)
Exactly one year ago, Yellowstone rumbled in its sleep, with three quakes ranging from 3.7 to 4.3 magnitude on the Richter scale. Last week Yellowstone rumbled again, but with greater intensity. On Thursday evening, a 4.5 magnitude earthquake shook the region, the epicenter approximately eight miles northeast of Western Yellowstone in Montana.
The next morning, three more quakes measuring 2.8 on the Richter scale hit in the same area. On Monday, a series of 30 more tremors shook the area. In total, there were over 200 quakes in four days.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89880/recent-yellowstone-earthquakes-special-attribute-end-days-declares-rabbi/#vteqic74oCBPS0JW.99

Trump Envoys Jared Kushner, Jason Greenblatt Return for Mid-East 'Peace Talks'
By Ilana Messika June 19, 2017 , 10:30 am
0Share 0Email 0Share
“Hashem will give strength unto His people; Hashem will bless his people with peace.” Psalms 29:11 (The Israel Bible™)
White House senior advisor Jared Kushner seen at the president’s residence in Jerusalem on May 22, 2017. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
Senior advisers to US President Donald Trump will visit Jerusalem and Ramallah this week to revive peace talks,  a White House official confirmed on Monday. Middle East Envoy Jason Greenblatt is expected to arrive on Monday, followed by Senior White House Adviser Jared Kushner on Wednesday.
“Excited to be traveling back to Israel and the Pal. Territories to continue the discussion about the possibility of peace,” wrote Greenblatt on Twitter.
The trip was first reported in the Wall Street Journal and sourced to a White House official speaking on condition of anonymity. “It is important to remember that forging a historic peace agreement will take time and to the extent that there is progress, there are likely to be many visits by both Mr. Kushner and Mr. Greenblatt, sometimes together and sometimes separately, to the region and possibly many trips by Israeli and Palestinian negotiators to Washington, D.C., or other locations as they pursue substantive talks,” said the White House source.
The visit will be the latest installment in a flurry of Israel-Palestinian diplomacy during the initial period of the Trump administration. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited the White House in February, followed by Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas in May. Later in May, Trump said during a visit to Israel that both parties are “reaching for peace,” and also reportedly lambasting Abbas for “lying” about working towards peace with Israel.
“You tricked me in DC! You talked there about your commitment to peace, but the Israelis showed me your involvement in incitement [against Israel],” Trump was reported to have shouted at Abbas.
Despite the criticism, however, Trump also asked Netanyahu last month to “hold back” on Israeli construction in Judea and  in order to facilitate peacemaking efforts. That has caused friction between the prime minister and right-wing elements in the governing coalition and amongst Netanyahu’s support base – an issue that could become acute if the president’s representatives push for more building limits.
Spokespeople for the United States Consulate in Jerusalem said they had not yet been briefed on the visit, and outside observers said the White House has tried hard to keep details about the state of the peace process under President Trump out of the news.
With additional reporting by Andrew Friedman.
https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89855/jared-kushner-returning-israel-revive-peace-talks/?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 12:21 pm

Mr. Trump Is in Washington
By Caroline Glick
Trump and his presidency are besieged by an army of investigators whose apparent goal is to delegitimize, with the goal of destroying, his presidency.
By Caroline Glick June 14, 2017 , 11:00 am
Thursday afternoon, US President Donald Trump reacted to former FBI director James Comey’s Senate testimony by telling an audience of his supporters, “We are under siege.”
He was right.
Trump and his presidency are besieged by an army of investigators whose apparent goal is to delegitimize, with the goal of destroying, his presidency.
This was the lesson of Comey’s testimony on Thursday before the Senate Intelligence Committee.
Comey came before the committee to share his assessment of the connection between his firing last month and the FBI’s ongoing investigation of ties Trump, his advisers and associates maintained with Russian agents during the 2016 elections and the transition period that preceded his inauguration on January 20.
Despite the fact that the investigation was launched well before the November election, no evidence has surfaced of criminal wrongdoing by Trump or his associates.
So what purpose does the investigation serve? Among the important things Comey shared on Thursday was the answer to that question.
The first important piece of information Comey shared was that Trump is not and never has been under investigation.
Second, Comey told us he views Trump as a uniquely unacceptable president. Whereas Comey kept no notes of his meetings with former president Barack Obama; and whereas he wrote no summaries of his meetings with former president George W. Bush, Comey said that he wrote summaries of all of his communications with Trump.
Comey explained the disparity by noting, repeatedly, that he views Trump as singularly untruthful.
This is notable because, as Comey made clear Thursday, in everything related to the two men’s dealings since November, it has been Comey, not Trump, who has been deliberately misleading.
In his termination letter to Comey last month, Trump wrote that Comey had informed him three times that he was not under investigation.
And yet, in his March testimony before the Senate, Comey refused to admit that Trump was not a subject of investigation. To the contrary, Comey’s statement on the issue was deliberately vague and therefore misleading.
Even more damning, Comey admitted Thursday that he used a friend as a conduit to leak selected, and as it turns out, misleading, portions of his memo summarizing a meeting he held with Trump in February to The New York Times.
The article that the Times published on the basis of that memo alleged that during that conversation, Trump pressured Comey to close his criminal investigation of Trump’s former national security adviser Lt.- Gen. Michael Flynn.
During his testimony Thursday, Comey admitted under questioning that Trump did no such thing; Trump merely expressed his hope that Flynn would be cleared of criminal suspicion.
In other words, it was Comey, not Trump, who lied about the contents of their meeting.
Finally, and most crucially, Comey explained that he deliberately misled the public about Trump’s statements to him through his selective leak to the Times in order to achieve a political goal.
“I asked” my friend to communicate the contents of the memo with a reporter “because I thought that might prompt the appointment of the special counsel,” Comey said.
Indeed, the media storm set off by the Times’s story compelled Deputy Attorney-General Rod Rosenstein to appoint Comey’s close personal friend, former FBI director Robert Mueller, to serve as a special counsel.
Mueller’s mandate is expansive. Not only is he empowered to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” he is also empowered to investigate “matters that arise or may arise directly from the investigation and other matters within the scope of [the federal statute governing special counsels].”
In other words, Mueller is empowered to investigate anything he wants. He can charge people for illegal ties with Russia. And he can charge people who did nothing wrong with obstructing his investigation if he doesn’t like the way they answer his questions on Russia.
Read more at https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Our-World-Mr-Trump-is-in-Washington-496659#E1MaPJIuDbQPoglJ.99

Europe’s Rising Islamic Insurgency
By Daniel Greenfield June 12, 2017 , 11:00 am
2,000 cases.
That was the most overlooked revelation to come from the testimony of the former FBI director. While the media parsed every Comey hiccup to bolster its election conspiracy theories, it ignored that number.
Comey stated that there were around 2,000 terrorism investigations. 1,000 of those came from “home grown violent extremism” with no evidence of contact with foreign terrorists. Another 1,000 had “some contact with foreign terrorists”. 300 from that 2,000 had come to America as refugees.
Two-thirds of the refugee terrorists were from Iraq. The other third were mainly from the six countries named in President Trump’s travel pause which left-wing activist judges have unconstitutionally halted.
Two years ago, Comey listed around 900 investigations. Even assuming that some of the 1,000 “home grown extremists” aren’t Muslim terrorists, that’s a staggering and shocking rise in case numbers.
Back then, he had said that the FBI was having trouble with the sheer volume of investigations in every state. “If that becomes the new normal,” he had said, “that would be hard to keep up.”
The new normal is only getting worse.
Those 2,000 investigations represent active cases. When an investigation does not pan out, it’s over. The FBI investigated Omar Mateen before he carried out the Pulse massacre where the second-generation refugee murdered 49 people, according to his own words, “in the name of Allah, the merciful.”
A preliminary investigation has to be wrapped up in six months. A year at the most. Mateen’s investigation was wrapped up in the spring of ’14. His name went off the terror watchlist.
Two years later he struck.
Those 2,000 cases are the tip of a very large iceberg. Below those 2,000 cases are the larger numbers of potential terrorists who, like Mateen, had the book closed on their investigations.
Read more at https://sultanknish.blogspot.co.il/2017/06/europes-rising-islamic-insurgency.html#QdawVeAG8lh8XyPu.99

PA Pushes "Hallucinatory" UNESCO Claim to Cave of Patriarchs as "Palestinian World Heritage Site"
By JNS June 18, 2017 , 9:30 am
“And after this, Avraham buried Sara his wife in the cave of the field of Machpelah before Mamre–the same is Chevron–in the land of Canaan.” Genesis 23:19 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Cave-of-the-Patriarchs.jpg
Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron. (Photo credit: hebron.com)
The Palestinian Authority (PA) is requesting that the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) recognize Hebron’s Cave of the Patriarchs, one of the holiest sites in Judaism, as a Palestinian World Heritage Site.
In their request to UNESCO, the PA is asking UNESCO to fast track the process, claiming the site is in danger of destruction by the “occupying force,” citing a number of Israeli moves including the erection of a concrete casting at the site as proof.
Since being recognized as a UNESCO member state in 2011, two sites – Bethlehem’s Church of the Nativity and the ancient terraces of Battir – have been recognized as Palestinian World Heritage Sites.
Hebron and the Cave of the Patriarchs, also known as the Cave of Machpelah, is considered the second holiest site in Judaism after the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. The cave, which the Bible records as being purchased by the Patriarch Abraham, is said to be the burial place of Abraham along with other biblical figures such as Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, Rebecca and Leah.
So the field of Ephron, which was in Machpelah, which was before Mamre, the field, and the cave which was therein, and all the trees that were in the field, that were in all the border thereof round about, were made sure unto Avraham for a possession in the presence of the children of Heth, before all that went in at the gate of his city. Genesis 23:17-18
The Wye River Accords gave the Islamic Waqf, a Muslim administrative body, control over most of the Cave of the Patriarchs. As such, Jewish prayer is limited to certain sections of the building, and Jews are only allowed to visit other sections during certain holidays.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89789/pa-requests-unesco-declare-cave-patriarchs-palestinian-world-heritage-site/#KFc27bPEZHYr4pG5.99

Netanyahu: Abbas's Party Praised Killers of Policewoman as "Martyrs", World Must Stop Them
By Tazpit Press Service June 18, 2017 , 12:30 pm
“My hand upon it! the evil man shall not be unpunished; but the seed of the righteous shall escape.” Proverbs 11:21 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/bibi-netanyahu-angry.jpg
Israeli Prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu (Photo by Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
World leaders must not only condemn Palestinian terrorism but must also demand that the Palestinian Authority put an immediate end to payouts to the families of the perpetrators of terrorist attacks, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told his cabinet minister Sunday at their weekly meeting.
“I call on the countries of the world to condemn both the murder and those who praise it, and demand the immediate cessation of Palestinian Authority payments to the families of terrorists, something that only encourages terror,” Netanyahu said.
The prime minister’s comments came after Friday night’s terror attack in Jerusalem in which a 23-year-old female Border Police officer, Hadas Malka, was killed in a coordinated double stabbing and shooting attack. The three Palestinian perpetrators were shot dead by police.
Following the attack, claimed by the Islamic State – a claim disputed by Hamas and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – PA President Mahmoud Abbas’ ruling Fatah faction issued a statement condemning Israel for the “crimes of the occupation against three young Palestinians.”
Netanyahu told the cabinet that instead of condemning the attack, Fatah praised the murderers as heroes.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89825/netanyahu-slams-pas-brazen-gall-attack-calls-world-demand-end-terror-payments/#7rEpTs4mix0LkgJm.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 2:07 pm

Hasmonean Fortress of Machaerus Unearthed - on "Wrong" Side of Border [PHOTOS]
By JNI Media June 16, 2017 , 7:00 am
“Declare ye in Yehudah, and publish in Yerushalayim, and say: ‘Blow ye the horn in the land’; cry aloud and say: ‘Assemble yourselves, and let us go into the fortified cities.’” Jeremiah 4:5 (The Israel Bible™)

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/An-artists-view-of-Herods-fortress-Machaerus.jpg

An artist’s view of Herod’s fortress Machaerus. (Courtesy of the Hungarian Archaeological Mission to Machaerus)
A Hungarian archaeological mission digging in the ruins of Machaerus, a fortress built by King Herod on the eastern shore of the Dead Sea located in modern Jordan, has discovered a large ritual bath which were likely constructed for the royal family’s use. The bath has 12 steeps, and was fed from a reserve pool when its water ran low.

In order to qualify as a means to purification, a ritual bath must have at least 40 se’ah, the equivalent of about 83 gallons of water.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/royal-bath.jpg

An artist’s rendition of the royal bath in Machaerus. (Courtesy of the Hungarian Archaeological Mission to Machaerus)
The underground cistern, 54 ft deep, watered the baths and the fortress’ gardens.

The architecture of the bath is very similar to the baths and cisterns discovered in nearby Qumran (across the Dead Sea). It is situated 9 ft below the royal courtyard, and used to be covered by a vaulted stone roof, which was probably demolished by Lucilius Bassus’ 10th Roman legion. Bassus’ soldiers, on a campaign to repress the Great Jewish Revolt, in 71 attacked the Herodian fortress and the Jewish warriors who were hiding inside.

The archaeologists exposed collapsed walls, two massive column drums, and four Roman ballistae.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/columns.jpg

Two re-erected columns, Doric (right) and Ionic, in Machaerus. (Courtesy of the Hungarian Archaeological Mission to Machaerus)
The fortress of Machaerus was built by Hasmonean king Alexander Yanai (104-78 BCE), probably in 90 BCE. Its high, rocky vantage point was difficult to access, and it was used to spot and alerted Jerusalem about invaders from the east. It was part of a warning system that included several Hasmonean citadels, in one another’s line of sight.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/391-Store-ShopCategory-NanoStyle-600WIDE.jpg

Machaerus was destroyed by Pompey’s general Gabinius in 57 BCE, and later rebuilt by Herod in 30 BCE as a military base. Herod’s son, Herod Antipas, inherited the fortress (and the kingdom) in 4 BCE, until his demise in 39 CE. That’s time when, according to Christian belief, John the Baptist was imprisoned and beheaded at Machaerus.

The legend sets the event on Herod’s birthday (that’s Herod II), when the king’s daughter Salome danced before the king and his guests, and her father liked it so much that he promised to give her anything she desired, at which point Salome asked for—and received—the head of John the Baptist on a platter.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Machaerus-with-the-Dead-Sea-in-the-background.jpg
Herod’s fortress Machaerus on the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. (Hungarian Archaeological Mission to Machaerus)
The excavation of Machaerus began in 1968, by the American Archaeological Baptist Mission. The current excavations, by a Hungarian-Jordanian team led by Dr. Győző Vörös, have unearthed intact massive walls 30 ft high, revealing the majesty of the legendary Herodian architecture.

The Hungarian excavators also discovered dozens of Hasmonean and Roman coins, as well as 47 Aramaic broken pottery shards inscribed with Aramaic letters.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/The-line-of-sight-view-from-the-Temple-Mount-in-Jerusalem-to-Machaerus.jpg

The line of sight view from the Temple Mount in Jerusalem to Machaerus (circled). (Courtesy of the Hungarian Archaeological Mission to Machaerus)
Machaerus was in direct line of sight of Jerusalem. The Talmud reports that the smoke of the sacrificial offerings could be seen rising from the altar of the temple in Jerusalem all the way to Machaerus, and Rabbi Elazar ben Delgai said: (Yuma 39:): “Father owned goats in the Machaerus mountains that would sneeze from the smell of the burn incense.”

Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89713/herods-fortress-ritual-bath-unearthed-east-jordan-river-photos/#dYwjC15adYY51q7A.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 11:48 pm

"Invisible" First Temple Inscription Discovered on Pottery After 50 Years of Display
By Tazpit Press Service June 15, 2017 , 12:30 pm
“The works of Hashem are great, sought out of all them that have delight therein.” Psalms 111:2 (The Israel Bible™)

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ancient-inscription-deciphered-by-tel-aviv-university-researchers.jpg

Ancient inscription deciphered by Tel Aviv University researchers. (Andrew Friedman/TPS)
An ancient text thought to have been erased by the sands of time has been been brought back to life by researchers at Tel Aviv University.

Using advanced imaging technology, a multi-disciplinary team managed to reveal a hitherto invisible inscription on the back of a pottery shard that has been on display at The Israel Museum for more than 50 years.

The ink-inscribed shard was found in 1965 at Tel Arad, an ancient desert fortress located near the modern city of Arad. The site served as a military outpost on the southern border of the kingdom of Judah and was populated by 20 to 30 soldiers. Most of the ostrace, including the latest artifact, date to around 600 BCE, shortly before the kingdom of Judah’s destruction in 586 BCE by the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar II.

The front side of the shard discusses money transfers, but the back side was considered blank. However thanks to the use of multispectral imaging researchers were able to decipher 50 characters, comprising 17 words, on the back of the ostracon. After deciphering the text, researchers now believe that the reverse side is a continuation of the text on the front side.”

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/320-Store-menorah-necklace-600wide.jpg

Dr. Anat Mendel-Geberovich of TAU’s Department of Archaeology explained that “many of these inscriptions are addressed to Elyashiv, the quartermaster of the [Arad] fortress. They deal with the logistics of the outpost, such as the supply of flour, wine and oil to subordinate units. ”

“The new inscription,” added Arie Shaus of the university’s Applied Mathematics department, “begins with a request for wine, as well as a guarantee for assistance if the addressee has any requests of his own. It concludes with a request for the provision of a certain commodity to an unnamed person, and a note regarding a ‘bath,’ an ancient measurement of wine, carried by a man named Ge’alyahu.”

Mendel-Geberovich said that while the newly revealed inscription features an administrative text, like most of the Arad inscriptions, its importance lies in the fact that “each new line, word and even a single sign is a precious addition to what we know about the First Temple period.”
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89706/invisible-pottery-shard-reveals-first-hidden-temple-era-inscription/#4Tbxb36EjKwdbibT.99

New “Ethics of the Fathers” Presents Jewish Wisdom as Graphic Art
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 15, 2017 , 4:56 pm
“And they that are wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn the many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.” Daniel 12:3 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/TIPA_cover_web-1.jpg
Cover of Chapters of the Fathers (Photo courtesy of artist)
“The Illustrated Pirkei Avot: A Graphic Novel of Jewish Ethics”, a new book by Jessica Tamar Deutsch, is, like its author, a precious combination of Torah wisdom and aesthetics. Part Bible study and mostly art, it is a visual presentation of the “Ethics of the Fathers”, a section of the Mishna (oral law) that has guided the Jewish People with homiletic wisdom for centuries.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/book-chap-4-3.jp
Image from Chapters of the fathers (Photo courtesy of artist)
For those unfamiliar with the Jewish classic, Ethics of the Fathers is a section of the Talmud (oral law) which traces a lineage of teachings from Moses down through the generations dealing with ethical and moral principles. A concise collection of Jewish wisdom easily understood by children, it is also compelling for adults.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/507-HebrewNameJewelry-Store-Mar2017-600WIDE.jpg
Deutsch’s version of the Jewish classic, currently on pre-order, contains more than 120 pages of black-and-white illustrations that can be used as a coloring book or a centerpiece. A
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89712/new-ethics-fathers-presents-jewish-wisdom-graphic-art/#ClkgQEhJkUcLXSfx.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 6:19 pm

Scientists Discover the Bloody Fountain of Youth, But Does it Threaten Messiah?
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 15, 2017 , 11:30 am
“Only be steadfast in not eating the blood; for the blood is the life; and thou shalt not eat the life with the flesh”. Deuteronomy 12:23 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/shutterstock_659310904-2.jpg
A new treatment involving transfusing the blood of young donors into older recipients is being lauded not only as a cure for disease but also as a possible treatment for reversing the effects of aging. But the unusual treatment, which evokes Biblical villains and dredges up medieval nightmares, has rabbis divided: is this a blessing or is it a curse?
Ambrosia, a biomedical startup in California, is running trials on a treatment that could help people suffering from heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and certain forms of cancer. The treatment is based on a theory called parabiosis, which involves transfusing young blood from donors aged 16-25 into recipients 35 and older. The current version of the treatment involves transfusions of plasma, the liquid part of blood that doesn’t contain any cells, from young people.

Since plasma cannot be patented, drug companies are not interested in this treatment and are not willing to fund the research. As a result, the human trials are expensive, with participants paying $8,000 per treatment.

Ambrosia claims they are running the trial at cost, with two liters of plasma costing $1,000 and the following evaluation of biomarkers in the blood of the recipient costing another $3,000. Nonetheless, the price tag places rejuvenation in the realm of the wealthy, hinting strongly at old archetypes.

One graphic case of the elite using the blood of the oppressed is in the Talmud, which describes Pharaoh bathing in the waters of the Nile, red with the blood of murdered Jewish infants, in order to cure his leprosy.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89688/scientists-discover-bloody-fountain-youth-wealthy/#zOT5fVUw42MR2i8M.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 9:58 pm

Prophetic Countdown to Messiah Reveals Hidden Connection Between Bible Verses, Hebrew Year
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 13, 2017 , 11:30 am
“For the Lord GOD will do nothing but He revealeth His counsel unto His servants the prophets.” Amos 3:7 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/torah-numbers.png
(Breaking Israel News)
A numeric method of matching Bible verses to Hebrew years has led a prominent rabbi in Jerusalem to the discovery that there is a direct correlation between the two which could pinpoint the deadline for the messiah.

Rabbi Ephraim Sprecher, Dean of Students at the Diaspora Yeshiva and a noted lecturer, recently revealed an amazing method of prophecy that can be accessed by simply reading the Bible. Rabbi Sprecher stated that according to Kabbalah, Jewish esoteric learning, every year has a corresponding verse in the Torah. According to Rabbi Sprecher, all that is required to find the verse that describes a particular year, whether it is in the past or the future, is to count verses from the beginning of Genesis until the number of verses equals the Hebrew calendar year.
Rabbi Sprecher explained that this is one of the reasons scribes who write Torah scrolls are called ‘Soferim’, which literally means ‘counters’.  Handwriting the sacred scrolls, Torah scribes count the letters and the spaces. With remarkable precision, Rabbi Sprecher noted that there are 304,805 letters in the Torah, 79,847 words, and 5,845 verses. He believes that the year correlating to the final verse in the Bible will signal the End-of-Days, quite literally.
“What that means is that the Moshiach (messiah) must come by the year 5845, since that is the year we run out of verses,” he explained. “All we have to do is hang on for another 68 years.”
The rabbi gave an incredible example of how this system works. World War II began in 1945, which was the Hebrew year 5699. The corresponding 5,699th verse in the Torah is disturbingly appropriate.
And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and a burning, that it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein…Deuteronomy 29:22
Rabbi Sprecher warned that the verses do not always reveal the entire truth. He explained that six years later, after World War II ended in 1945, people tried to understand the horrors they had just experienced. The war-torn world searched for the reasons behind the war and the Holocaust.
The secret things belong unto Hashem our God; but the things that are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law. Deuteronomy 29:28
“The Holocaust was too great, too enormous, for man to understand and ascribe a reason,” the rabbi explained.
The rabbi jumped ahead to 1948, the year Israel became a state. The Hebrew year was 5708 and the verse is fitting indeed.
That then Hashem thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the peoples, whither Hashem thy God hath scattered thee. Deuteronomy 30:3
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/433-BIN-Subscribe-BiblicalProphecy-600WIDE.jpg
In 1950, Israel was inundated with massive immigration. Over 150,000 Jews made aliyah (immigrated to Israel) in 24 months, the most intensive period ever of Jews returning to their homeland. The verse clearly reflects this.
And Hashem thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and He will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.Deuteronomy 30:5
Another powerful example is the verse that correlates to 1968, the year after Israel’s miraculous victory in the Six Day War. The verse corresponding to the year 5727 describes the aftereffects of the Six Day War in 1967, the reality Israel was presented that year.
Hashem thy God, He will go over before thee; He will destroy these nations from before thee, and thou shalt dispossess them Deuteronomy 31:3
The verse describing to this year, 5777, is ominous indeed, written in language that does not bode well.
For a fire is kindled in My nostril, and burneth unto the depths of the nether-world, and devoureth the earth with her produce, and setteth ablaze the foundations of the mountains. Deuteronomy 32:22
This may describe the moment, in April, when for the first time the US military dropped its largest non-nuclear explosive device on Islamic State (ISIS) troops entrenched in tunnels dug into a mountain in Afghanistan. The Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb (MOAB), nicknamed the Mother-of-All-Bombs, succeeded in “setting ablaze the foundation of the mountain”, killing all ISIS personnel.
Skeptics of Rabbi Sprecher’s method of understanding the Bible, need only wait a little more time. Whether or not the technique is accurate will become clear on September 30, 2084, when the verses run out.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89542/you-wont-believe-how-bible-verses-match-hebrew-years-in-astonishing-prophetic-countdown/#J5i8DCZS00uKTvla.99

Here’s a Place Prophecy Is Literally Set in Stone [WATCH]
By Abra Forman June 14, 2017 , 1:30 pm
“I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Yerushalayim, they shall never hold their peace day nor night: ‘Ye that are Hashem’s remembrancers, take ye no rest, and give Him no rest, till He establish, and till He make Yerushalayim a praise in the earth.’” Isaiah 62:6 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/shutterstock_636877333-1.jpg
Excavations at the City of David in Jerusalem. (Shutterstock)
Speaking at the Prophecy in the News Conference in Jerusalem earlier this month, AnaRina Heymann, outreach coordinator for the archaeological park City of David, said that excavations at the site were irrefutable “prophecy set in stone” revealing the true voice of Jerusalem and the Bible.
“You can’t not see what’s happening there,” she said, calling the park a “nuclear power plant of prophecy.
The City of David is the true location of ancient Jerusalem as it was described in the Bible. An extremely popular tourist site, it sits just outside the Old City walls. Virtually thousands of archaeological discoveries at the site have consistently reinforced and proven Biblical accounts.
VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqgBe87-HmU
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89654/video-ancient-jerusalem-rising-gods-prophecies-standing-anarina-heymann/#FkFTTu6Qqk3SA9mM.99

Israel and New Zealand Repair Diplomatic Split Over UNSC Resolution 2334
By JNS June 14, 2017 , 11:30 am
“And thou shalt be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in.” Isaiah 58:12 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/new-zea.png
The New Zealand flag. (Wikimedia Commons)
The Israeli government announced Tuesday it will restore full diplomatic relations with New Zealand, ending a six-month rift following the passage of United Nations Security Council Resolution 2334, which condemned the Jewish state’s policy on settlements and stated eastern Jerusalem is “occupied territory.”
Israel broke off relations with New Zealand after it sponsored Resolution 2334 along with Senegal, Venezuela and Malaysia.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/409-JudeaandSamaria.jpg
After a phone conversation with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu earlier this week, New Zealand Prime Minister Bill English sent a letter to Netanyahu expressing regret over “the damage done to Israel-New Zealand relations as a result of New Zealand proposing Resolution 2334 at the Security Council,” according to the Israeli Prime Minister’s Office.
Earlier this month, Israel restored full relations with Senegal, one of the other sponsors of Resolution 2334.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89605/israel-new-zealand-end-diplomatic-rift-ambassador-returns/#7EhpyZKU6dq9JFgx.99

End-of-Days Famine on Horizon as Wheat Crop Fails, But Rabbis Say Israel Will Bring Salvation
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 14, 2017 , 12:30 pm
“Behold the days come saith the Lord GOD that I will send a famine in the land not a famine of bread nor a thirst for water but of hearing the words of Hashem.” Amos 8:11 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/shutterstock_648502885-1.jpg
A failed wheat crop. (Shutterstock)
Wheat harvests around the world are falling dangerously short, raising the possibility that the end-of-days famine prophesied in the Book of Amos as preceding the Messiah has arrived. Israel, the tiny nation that has made its deserts bloom, is poised to be a guiding light in this developing crisis, helping the world grow crops while bringing them closer to redemption.
Massive shortages in the wheat crop became obvious as farmers recently began harvesting the winter yield. Winter wheat, accounting for 70-80 percent of the total annual harvest, dropped 38 percent from last year in the US. Prices on wheat futures are soaring as concern grows over where the country’s bread will come from.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89625/looming-global-famine-will-bring-world-closer-israel-end-days/#YbueTVAysKdOpUVb.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 8:25 pm

Jewish, Christian, Muslim Leaders Feast Together for Interfaith Ramadan Break-Fast in Istanbul
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 13, 2017 , 5:25 pm
“When a man’s ways please Hashem, He maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.” Proverbs 16:7 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/iftar-2.png
Prominent Jewish, Christian and Muslim leaders came together in Istanbul for an annual multifaith break-fast. (Courtesy)
Last Thursday, a delegation of rabbis joined Adnan Oktar, a prominent Turkish Muslim cleric, at the Çırağan Palace Ballroom in Istanbul for his traditional iftar feast ending a day of fasting during Ramadan. More than 750 people from different religions and nationalities, including Jewish and Christian clergy and lay leaders, joined Oktar for the annual event hosted by Oktar’s organization, the Movement for the Culture of Peace and Reconciliation.

The guest list included a number of illustrious attendees, several of them Israeli: the chief rabbi of the city of Shoham, Rabbi David Stav; retired Chief Justice of the Supreme Rabbinical Court of Israel Rabbi Abraham Sherman; Anglican priest Todd William Kissam from Maryland; and Co-Chairman of the Muslim–Jewish Friendship Organization in France, Imam Mohamed Azizi.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/iftar-3.png
Adnan Oktar and Rabbi Abraham Sherman (Courtesy)
Rabbi Yishai Fleisher, International Spokesman for the Jewish Community in Hebron, was also present. He praised Oktar’s multicultural effort, saying, “I think that by you bringing us here today to Istanbul, you are part of that vision of connecting the peoples of the Middle East.”
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89564/israeli-delegation-joins-iftar-feast-istanbul-prominent-pro-israel-muslim-cleric/#oFjAcxxiGUzwzVRe.99

London Mayor Called Tel Aviv for Counter-Terrorism Advice Following Attacks
By Abra Forman June 13, 2017 , 12:30 pm
“For with wise advice thou shalt make thy war; and in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.” Proverbs 24:6 (The Israel Bible™)
Sadiq Khan, mayor of London. (Photo: YouTube screenshot/BBC News)
Signaling Israel’s international prominence in the field, London Mayor Sadiq Khan sought advice from Tel Aviv in combating urban terrorism and extremism following the recent terror attacks in Manchester and London Bridge, Jewish News reported.

Khan, who is Muslim, told Jewish News that his office, as well as the head of national counter-terrorism policing, Mark Rowley, had been in touch with Israeli officials over the best methods of preventing and combating acts of terror in urban or civilian settings.

He said they had learned “lots of things, things like putting in place the barriers we have done in London. There are other things and we are using the advice we receive.”

Israel regularly installs large concrete barriers in front of bus stops and other gathering spots for pedestrians in order to stop car-ramming attacks.

“Just like the terrorists evolve, we have to find new ways to protect ourselves,” said Khan, who added that in addition to regular contact with their Israeli counterparts, British police visit Israel as well.

England has not only received assistance from Israel in security but in disaster relief and recovery. Following last month’s devastating suicide bombing attack during an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, in which 22 people were killed, Israeli trauma experts flew to the city to offer their expert aid in counseling terror victims. They also trained dozens of British mental health professionals in providing trauma care.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 4:18 pm

Following Abbas’ lead, Israel decreases power to Gaza
 June 12, 2017
Following Abbas’ lead, Israel decreases power to GazaA family eats by candlelight in southern Gaza during power outage. (Abed Rahim Khatib/Flash90/FILE)
Following the PA’s lead, Israel is reducing the power it supplies to Gaza. 

Israel’s security cabinet voted Sunday to decrease the amount of electricity provided to Gaza, cutting back on one hour of power a day and leaving it with just three.

The decision was made following a push by the Palestinian Authority (PA). PA head Mahmoud Abbas has been waging a battle against Gaza in an attempt to weaken the Hamas terror group, which rules Gaza.

Abbas recently cut funds to Israel, allocated for Gaza’s electricity, by 35 percent. Israel decided not to intervene in internal Palestinian struggles and followed his lead.

However, Israel has been seeking other ways to ward off a possible humanitarian crisis in Gaza. Speaking to IDF Radio on Monday, Minister of Public Security and Strategic Affairs Gilad Erdan explained that the power cut was aimed at, and hindering, Hamas’ terror infrastructure.

“Hamas in Gaza activates terrorism against the citizens of the state of Israel, and they have previously received support from Qatar and other countries, but they usually choose to invest the funds in terror infrastructure.”

Major General Yoav Mordechai, head of the IDF’s Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT), said last month that Israel could be forced to cut electricity to the Gaza Strip. “The reason is that Hamas prefers to use the money for digging tunnels…and the people get only what is left over from that,” he said.

“Israel today is the only one supplying electricity to the Gaza Strip,” Mordechai noted, “but unfortunately, there are problems between Hamas in the Gaza Strip and the PA in Ramallah, which caused the PA to decide not to pay for the electricity.”

“If the electricity is going for tunnels and Fathi Hamad, a Hamas leader who has four wives, three homes, and electricity 24 hours a day, and two million Palestinians have electricity for four hours a day, does that make any sense?” he asked. “Those are Hamas’ priorities with the people.”

This development is the latest phase in an ongoing power struggle between the rival Palestinian factions.

As is often the case, the struggle comes at the expense of the locals.

By: Aryeh Savir, World Israel News
https://worldisraelnews.com/following-abbas-lead-israel-decreases-power-to-gaza/?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 9:39 pm

Neanderthal Remains Discovered in Israel May Rewrite History
By JNS June 11, 2017 , 8:30 am
“Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and will tell thee great things, and hidden, which thou knowest not.” Jeremiah 33:3 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/tooth.jpg
A Neanderthal tooth discovered at the Ein Qashish archaeological site in northern Israel. (Erella Hovers/Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
A rare archaeological discovery of 60,000-year-old Neanderthal bones in northern Israel may result in anthropologists rewriting history.

The Neanderthal remains were uncovered in Ein Qashish as part of an archaeological dig coordinated by the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA), prior to major road construction in the area.

The bones were found in an open-air site—the first such discovery in the Levant region—and contradict previously held assumptions that Neanderthals dwelled primarily in caves.

A joint study of the findings, published Wednesday, was conducted by researchers from Israel’s Ono Academic College, Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the IAA, in collaboration with Germany’s Museum for Human Behavioral Evolution.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/320-Store-menorah-necklace-600wide.jpg

“The discovery of Neanderthals at open-air sites during the late MP (Mesozoic Period) reinforces the view that Neanderthals were a resilient population in the Levant shortly before Upper Palaeolithic Homo sapiens populated the region,” the study states.

Researchers applied advanced imaging techniques to a single upper molar tooth from the Neanderthal remains, and also to remains of lower limbs from a second Neanderthal body.

“A number of researchers have recently claimed that Neanderthals were adapted to life in rugged mountainous terrains whereas modern humans adapted better to flat and open landscapes. The finds from Ein Qashish show that Neanderthals inhabited sites in diverse topographic and ecological contexts,” the IAA said.

In addition to the Neanderthal bones, flint tools, animal bones and other items were discovered at the archaeological site.

Enjoy this article? Get BIN updates
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89399/neanderthal-remains-discovered-israel-may-rewrite-history/#iHX0qDLKvRqUgHuM.99

Terror Tunnels Discovered Under Two UN Schools in Gaza
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 10, 2017 , 11:22 pm
“Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto demons,38 And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan; and the land was polluted with blood.” Psalms 106:37-38 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/un-unrwa-gaza-.jpg

A Palestinian man waits outside of the UN headquarters building in Gaza City on April 6, 2013. (Photo: Wissam Nassar/FLASH90)
The United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) announced on Friday that on June 1, its workers discovered two Hamas terror tunnels underneath schools the organization runs in Gaza. The schools are located in the Maghazi refugee camp in the Gaza Strip near the city of Deir al-Balah.

“It is unacceptable that students and staff are placed at risk in such a way,” the UN organization said in a statement. “The construction and presence of tunnels under UN premises are incompatible with the respect of privileges and immunities owed to the United Nations under applicable international law, which provides that UN premises shall be inviolable. The sanctity and neutrality of UN premises must be preserved at all times.”

Maj. Gen. Yoav Mordechai, Israel’s Coordinator for Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT), condemned Hamas on his office’s Arabic language Facebook page.

“It’s clear as day that the entire Arab world has realized that the Hamas terror organization is the one ruining Gaza and destroying Gazans’ chance for a better future,” he wrote in a statement. “Perhaps the time has come for the residents of Gaza to realize this for themselves.”

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/461-BIN-SubscribeUSIsraelRelations-600WIDE.jpg

Israel’s Ambassador to the United Nations Danny Danon submitted a letter of protest over this incident to UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and the UN Security Council.

“The latest finding verifies once again that Hamas’s cruelty knows no limits, including endangering centers of learning and education, and using children as human shields,” Danon wrote.

“I call on the Security Council to strongly and unequivocally condemn Hamas and its repeated abuse of civilian infrastructure, and designate this group as a terrorist organization,” Danon continued. “It is of the utmost importance that the Council ensures that all UN-affiliated agencies, and especially UNRWA, remain neutral and safeguarded from abuse by terrorist organizations.”

Hamas denied the allegations in a statement on Friday, and “strongly condemned” the UNRWA revelation, saying it would be exploited by Israel to “justify its crimes”.

Israel has claimed many times in the past that UNRWA and other UN organizations aid Hamas. An independent UN inquiry in 2015 concluded Hamas operatives stored weapons in three UN-run schools in Gaza and that in at least two incidents terrorists “probably” fired rockets at Israel from the facilities during the war in 2014.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89380/terror-tunnels-discovered-two-un-schools-gaza/#2ziDHtyYut0qD0Aa.99

US Arrests 2 Men Scouting New York Terror Locations for Hezbollah
By JNS June 11, 2017 , 9:30 am
“Wash you, make you clean, put away the evil of your doings from before Mine eyes, cease to do evil.” Isaiah 1:16 (The Israel Bible™)
Statue of Liberty
Statue of Liberty in New York. (Photo: Derek Jensen/ Wiki Commons)
U.S. authorities Thursday announced the arrests of two men tied to the Lebanese terrorist group Hezbollah for plotting attacks against Americans and Israelis in the U.S. and Panama.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s office in the Southern District of Manhattan, Samar El Debek of Livonia, Mich., and Ali Kourani of New York City’s Bronx borough were arrested June 1 and charged with providing, as well as attempting and conspiring to provide, material support to Hezbollah, and with conspiring to receive military-type training from Hezbollah.

Authorities said El Debek allegedly looked into potential targets in Panama, including the American and Israeli embassies there, while Kourani scouted targets in New York.

“As part of his work for Hezbollah, Kourani and others allegedly conducted covert surveillance of potential targets, including U.S. military bases and Israeli military personnel here in New York City,” said New York Police Department Commissioner James P. O’Neill. “Pre-operational surveillance is one of the hallmarks of Hezbollah in planning for future attacks.”

O’Neill said Kourani, who was born in Lebanon but legally entered the U.S. in 2003 and became a naturalized citizen in 2009, had received sophisticated military training by Hezbollah, while El Debek, who was also a naturalized citizen, had received extensive bomb-making training from the Lebanese terror group.

William F. Sweeney Jr., assistant director-in-charge of the FBI’s New York Office, said the charges “reveal once again that the New York City region remains a focus of many adversaries, demonstrated as alleged in this instance by followers of a sophisticated and determined organization with a long history of coordinating violent activities on behalf of Hezbollah.”

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89404/two-men-arrested-plotting-hezbollah-attacks-new-york-city-panama/?utm_source=Breaking+Israel+News&utm_campaign=a24f807c88-BIN_morning_6_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6d3627f72-a24f807c88-83546481&mc_cid=a24f807c88&mc_eid=8dcaf513ae#y004PpA5oZBUokiz.97

Government Ministry of Religion Launches "Jewish Homes": Orthodox Teaching Secular
By JNI Media June 11, 2017 , 10:30 am
“And thus ye shall say: All hail! and peace be both unto thee, and peace be to thy house, and peace be unto all that thou hast.” I Samuel 25:6 (The Israel Bible™)

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/hanukkah.jpg

A Jewish family sings holiday songs after lighting candles on the third night of the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah in Jerusalem. (Hadas Parush/Flash90)
The Ministry of Religious Services is launching its “Jewish Homes” program, which will pay religious couples to host secular Jews in their homes for Shabbat meals and religious activities, Ha’aretz reported Thursday. Government funds will be directed to participation in the maintenance expenses of religious Jewish homes, as well as to fund activities that will be held there: lectures, holiday meals and group studies. The target population to be hosted by program participants are Jews ages 18 to 50 who did not graduate from a religious school.

The government program will pay the municipal taxes, carrying charges and electricity of religious families who clock 15 weekly hours hosting secular guests and teaching subjects in Jewish tradition and culture, Torah and Midrash studies, family values and education according to Jewish tradition, self-awareness according to Judaism, married life according to Judaism, and the place of the Land of Israel in Jewish identity.

The hosts will be paid for teaching subjects in pairs (Chavruta) and in groups of up to six people, for giving cultural performances and for offering “festive meal that takes place during the Sabbath or holiday,” provided each event lasts at least three hours.

The organizational framework of the homes will be associations, which must show that they are already running similar, Jewish identity-type activities in private homes over the past two years, with a budget of at least $25,000.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/389-store-Candlesticks-600WIDE.jpg
The legal department of the Reform Movement this week sent a harsh letter to the Ministry of Religious Services demanding that the program be shelved. “For the first time, we are talking about financial support that includes covering the expenses of maintaining private homes for those who use their homes to ‘show the light’ to the secular, by way of a Shabbat meal or a holiday which they already conduct,” wrote attorney Riki Shapira-Rosenberg, warning that the plan is likely to invite wide corruption, since it blurs the distinction between private and public activities, essentially eliminating any professional supervision of how the funds are distributed and used.
The Secular Forum issued a statement saying the program “proves once again how the state regards the secular public and how it seeks to re-educate it, emphasizing the asymmetry between secular and religious Jews, because it is clear that hospitality will always be one-sided. This is so outlandish and unjust that it brutally tramples any possibility of creating a shared and egalitarian life based on mutual respect.”
Ministry of Religious Services officials told Ha’aretz that “the support project for Jewish Homes is in the preliminary stage of inviting public comments.” As such, the officials suggested groups who voice their criticism at this stage may not have the best motives.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89408/new-government-program-pays-religious-families-host-teach-secular-jewish-guests/#Mf8HDVWm7QZUGAW1.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:46 pm

The Accumulation of Vibrations
By Shoshana Bryen June 6, 2017 , 12:00 pm
In the movie, the Allied commandos sneak through Nazi-occupied Yugoslavia to the bridge they were assigned to blow up. After the requisite setbacks, our heroes enter the internal machinery of a dam upstream of the bridge and detonate their explosives. Then… nothing. Unperturbed, the explosives expert says, “Wait. It is the accumulation of vibrations that does it.” Indeed, the smallish explosion causes cracks; the cracks cause more cracks; water begins to seep through the dam. Then, more water, more pressure, more cracks, more water. The bridge sways, and then collapses with a satisfying crash, sending the Nazi tanks and their crews into the drink.

Friends of Israel have known for years that regardless what the Palestinian Authority (PA) says in diplomatic circles, in truth it rejects the legitimacy of Israel in the region and encourages violence against Israelis. The evidence is easily accessible: the Middle East Research Institute (MEMRI) translates material from across the Arab world into English. NGO Monitor tracks nongovernmental organizations and their support for Palestinian violence and intransigence. Palestinian Media Watch (PMW) studies Palestinian society through its media and textbooks.

Those are the vibrations, and in the presence of a blunt American president, they appear to be accumulating. President Trump’s White House statement to PA President Mahmoud Abbas laid down an unmistakable American marker (the bomb?):

“There cannot be lasting peace unless the Palestinian leaders speak in a unified voice against incitement to violence and hate. There’s such hatred.  But hopefully there won’t be such hatred for very long.  All children of God must be taught to value and respect human life, and condemn all of those who target the innocent.”

Abbas responded that Palestinian children are “raised in a culture of peace.” That was demonstrably false and was so demonstrated. By the time the President went to Bethlehem, it appears that he had seen enough to lambaste Abbas for lying to him. The President also, “raised concerns about the payments to Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails who have committed acts of terrorism, and to their families, and emphasized the need to resolve this issue,” according to the White House press secretary.

Another crack in the dam and the water is beginning to rise.

PMW had already documented the Palestinian Authority’s veneration of Dalal Mughrabi -– a female terrorist involved in the Coastal Road massacre in which 37 civilians, 12 of them children, were killed and more than 70 others wounded. PMW notes that in the West Bank, there are three schools and a computer center named after her, and Abbas held a birthday celebration for her. But when the “Martyr Dalal Mughrabi Center: A cultural and social center and youth center in partnership with the Burqa village council and the Women’s [Technical] Affairs Committee,” was found to have Norwegian government and UN money behind it, the bridge began to sway.

The Norwegian government, often hostile to Israel, demanded its money back. Foreign Minister Borge Brende said, “The glorification of terrorist attacks is completely unacceptable… Norway will not allow itself to be associated with institutions that take the names of terrorists in this way. We will not accept the use of Norwegian aid funding for such purposes.”

And right behind him was the office of the Secretary General of the UN, proclaiming:

“The United Nations disassociated itself from the Center once it learned the offensive name chosen for it and will take measures to ensure that such incidents do not take place in the future. The glorification of terrorism, or the perpetrators of heinous terrorist acts, is unacceptable under any circumstances. The UN has repeatedly called for an end to incitement to violence and hatred as they present one of the obstacles to peace.”

It may be the first time Palestinian behavior was specifically named as an “obstacle to peace,” and, perhaps, the first time the PA was denounced in the UN for terrorism.

And then Denmark. Following a meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu, the Danish Foreign Ministry announced a “comprehensive review” of Danish donations to the Palestinian Authority.

“We must be sure that Danish aid helps to advance human rights in the Palestinian territories in a positive manner. It is possible that in wake of the examination we will be forced to stop our support of a number of Palestinian organizations. Until this examination is complete we won’t sign any new grants for Palestinian organizations.”

Even UNRWA, often Israel’s nemesis in the territories, may have had enough. Last year, a panel of experts determined — not for the first time — that the textbooks used by the Palestinian Authority venerate violence and martyrdom. Such complaints are generally ignored, but UNRWA spokesman Chris Gunness has announced:

“It is UNRWA policy to review, and where appropriate enrich the official PA textbooks, curricula and other learning materials used in UNRWA schools to ensure compliance with UN values and principles. In addition, since 2000 UNRWA has taught in all our schools our own supplementary ‘Human Rights, Conflict Resolution and Tolerance’ curriculum aimed at strengthening respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms and promoting understanding, tolerance and gender equality.”

The PA was not happy and tried to justify teaching that Jews have no connection to the land and that Palestinian children have a right and a duty to destroy it.   “Any distortion of the Palestinian curriculum is a flagrant violation of the laws of the host country, and any change to any letter to appease any party is a betrayal of the Palestinian narrative and the right of the Palestinian people under occupation to preserve its identity and struggle.”

As the Palestinians try to preserve a phony narrative, the rest of the world may be moving on.  The next sound you hear may well be the bridge.  Crashing.

And so it is.  This week, Israel’s ambassador to the U.N., Danny Danon, was elected vice president of the upcoming session of the U.N. General Assembly.  He will chair meetings of the G.A. and take part in setting its agenda and overseeing the rules during sessions.

Reprinted with author’s permission from Jewish Policy Center
Read more at https://www.jewishpolicycenter.org/2017/06/02/the-accumulation-of-vibrations/#IUgLFFHQKMwtu63B.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:42 pm

Jordan Intensifies Anti-Israel Rhetoric Despite Security Challenges
By Noah Beck June 6, 2017 , 9:00 am
Jordan, a country that has had a formal peace treaty with Israel since 1994, has seen an uptick in anti-Israel hostility.

Last month, Jordan condemned the killing of a Jordanian-Palestinian attacker who was filmed stabbing an Israeli policeman multiple times before he was shot, calling it “a heinous crime.” In September, Israeli police killed a Jordanian tourist who attacked with a knife. Jordan described this act of self-defense as a premeditated and “barbaric act of the army of the Israeli occupation.”

Israeli analysts disagree whether Jordan’s rhetoric is a cause for concern.

Since the second Palestinian Intifada broke out in 2000, Jordan’s public statements often contradict private behavior, said Elad Ben-Dror, a Bar-Ilan University Middle Eastern Studies senior lecturer. Publicly, “the Jordanian parliament and press are fierce in their denunciation of Israel… Beneath the surface, however, there is a strong link and security cooperation between the two countries, especially with regard to the war on terrorism.”

Jordanian demographics drive the public vitriol, said Tel Aviv University Contemporary Middle Eastern History Chair Eyal Zisser. Palestinians comprise half the Jordanian population, “and because the population is conservative and very much Islamic, the regime lets the public…express anti-Israeli sentiments as a way to vent and reduce…pressure on the regime.”

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/BIN-OpEd-Experts-300x2501.png

So “cheap shots” like condemning the shooting of a terrorist in the act of trying to kill are “aimed at showing the Palestinians in Jordan [that] the Hashemites have not abandoned them,” said Oded Eran, a senior research fellow at Israel’s Institute for National Security Studies. “The King expects the Israeli government” to ignore such statements. And for the most part, Jerusalem does.

But Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently took exception. “It is outrageous to hear the Jordanian government’s speaker support the terror attack which occurred today in Jerusalem’s Old City,” a statement released by Netanyahu’s office said. “It’s time Jordan stopped playing both sides of the game. Just like Israel condemns terror attacks in Jordan, Jordan must condemn terror attacks in Israel. Terror is terror.”

Moreover, some anti-Israel hostility by Jordan goes beyond mere statements.

In March, Jordan released Ahmed Daqamseh, a former soldier who murdered seven Israeli schoolgirls as they visited his country. His tribe gave him a hero’s welcome and he called for Israel’s destruction on Al-Jazeera TV. Many lawmakers and politicians had reportedly lobbied to set him free, and doing so may have been a populist move.

Jordan also hosts “Al-Quds,” the official TV station of Hamas, the Gaza-based terror group committed to Israel’s destruction.

Some experts think Israel should stop turning the other cheek. “Israel is assisting Jordan economically, providing it with fresh water and [helping] in many other areas. It is entitled and even obligated to insist that Jordan moderate its criticism and certainly that it not support anti-Israeli terrorism,” Ben-Dror said.

Israel should “slowly alter the rules of the game” by insisting that Jordan’s monarch condemn Palestinian violence, said Bar-Ilan political scientist Hillel Frisch. “Israel has to make him sweat a little but not, of course, at the expense of his throne.”

“I’m glad that Netanyahu rebuked him over the attempted murder of the policeman,” Frisch said. “I’d like to see more rebukes in the future, especially regarding the Waqf guards’ role in incitement on Har Habayit.” Under the terms of Israel’s peace treaty with Jordan, the Jordanian-run Waqf Islamic religious trust administers the Temple Mount, but has been leading efforts to deny and erase any Jewish connection to the site.

Last July, three members of the Islamic Waqf attacked a group of archeologists at the site. The harassment continued in January, when Islamic guards tried to remove an Israeli tour guide for calling the area the “Temple Mount,” insisting that he use the Islamic term “Haram al-Sharif.”

While King Abdullah might have an unspoken understanding with his “Arab Street” that requires regular condemnations of Israel, the sustainability of such an arrangement remains a concern. The same Islamist forces to which he panders could eventually hobble his policy objectives, or worse.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/477-PlantTree-RootSource-600WIDE.jpg

Last October, a grassroots campaign was launched by Jordanian activists to turn off the lights to protest Jordan’s gas deal with Israel. The “lights-out action came on the heels of a protest march [recently] in downtown Amman that attracted an estimated 2,500 demonstrators, making it one of the largest protests in Jordan in recent years,” the Jerusalem Post reported. The protests reportedly included chants against both the gas deal and Jordan’s peace with Israel.

Reflecting popular opposition, the lower house of Jordan’s Parliament overwhelmingly opposed the 2014 gas deal. The opposition includes leading Jordanian trade unions, Islamists, and secularists.

By indulging public opinion with anti-Israel rhetoric, Abdullah risks encouraging and popularizing the type of movement that could eventually topple him. Jordanian Islamists recently murdered a prominent Christian writer who faced legal charges for sharing a “blasphemous” anti-ISIS cartoon that outraged Muslim groups. Honor killings are increasing in Jordan.

Last November, Jordan’s highest religious authority slammed as “false and insignificant” an Israeli bill to ban the Muslim call to prayer via loudspeakers during sleeping hours throughout Israel. The Israeli bill would apply to the sound systems of all houses of worship, not only mosques, and countries like India and Egypt have enacted similar limitations.

Anti-Israel hostility might be aggravated by Jordan’s overall situation. Economic woes and an influx of Syrian refugees are bringing increasing instability, Israeli Ambassador to Jordan Einat Shlein warned in March.

Frisch is less concerned: “I remember from [over 50 years ago] how the pundits predicted the Jordanian monarchy’s imminent fall. My take is that… [King Abdullah] has money (Saudi and Gulf) and lots of intelligence and logistical support (Israel, US, British) and the more heterogeneous his population, the more room for maneuver [he has] to play the role of arbiter.”

Although Jordan has economic challenges, the regime is stable, Ben-Dror said. “Jordanians see what is happening in Syria and Iraq and appreciate the stability the regime provides. I think that most Jordanians want to preserve the status quo – the Hashemite regime. The combination of outside support for the country and the domestic support of its citizens guarantee its survival.”

Mutual interests provide some insurance for Israel-Jordan relations, Eran said. Jordan needs Israeli cooperation and expertise when it comes to “security, water and…energy… [Jordan] also needs at least a semblance of a peace process between Israel and the Palestinians to prevent unrest” among Jordanian Palestinians.

Indeed, that synergy may explain why Israel’s Foreign Ministry declined to comment on Jordanian hostility towards Israel.

“Jordan protects Israel from the east,” Zisser said. “It’s better to have the Jordanians as our neighbors than to have ISIS, the Iranians, the Syrians, or the Iraqis. So security is above all, and as long as the Jordanians keep the border quiet and cooperate with Israel,” the rest can be tolerated.

Still, if King Abdullah views Israel as key to his regime’s success, and he also needs support from the Jordanian “street” for his regime’s survival, then why – despite being the most powerful figure in Jordan – has he done so little to align public opinion with his strategic objectives? If King Abdullah can order bloody crackdowns on terrorists, can’t he promote more moderate thinking among the general population, by – for example – pushing the press to include fair and balanced coverage of Israel?

“The King is not as powerful as one thinks,” Zisser said. “There were many protests against corruption, unemployment etc., so… [he] needs to maneuver carefully.”

But Frisch disagreed: “Abdullah has been in the throne long enough to influence and shape public opinion rather [than] pander to it. He might be doing this deliberately to derail any peace process that might lead to a Palestinian state, which he certainly does not want. He wants Israel, as the strongest state on the block to contain Palestinian nationalism and radicalism.”

Reprinted with author’s permission from The Investigative Project on Terrorism

Read more at https://www.investigativeproject.org/6179/jordan-intensifies-anti-israel-rhetoric-despite#kdBOEG7aoR8iDMou.99

Jordan Intensifies Anti-Israel Rhetoric Despite Security Challenges
By Noah Beck June 6, 2017 , 9:00 am
Jordan, a country that has had a formal peace treaty with Israel since 1994, has seen an uptick in anti-Israel hostility.

Last month, Jordan condemned the killing of a Jordanian-Palestinian attacker who was filmed stabbing an Israeli policeman multiple times before he was shot, calling it “a heinous crime.” In September, Israeli police killed a Jordanian tourist who attacked with a knife. Jordan described this act of self-defense as a premeditated and “barbaric act of the army of the Israeli occupation.”

Israeli analysts disagree whether Jordan’s rhetoric is a cause for concern.

Since the second Palestinian Intifada broke out in 2000, Jordan’s public statements often contradict private behavior, said Elad Ben-Dror, a Bar-Ilan University Middle Eastern Studies senior lecturer. Publicly, “the Jordanian parliament and press are fierce in their denunciation of Israel… Beneath the surface, however, there is a strong link and security cooperation between the two countries, especially with regard to the war on terrorism.”

Jordanian demographics drive the public vitriol, said Tel Aviv University Contemporary Middle Eastern History Chair Eyal Zisser. Palestinians comprise half the Jordanian population, “and because the population is conservative and very much Islamic, the regime lets the public…express anti-Israeli sentiments as a way to vent and reduce…pressure on the regime.”

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/BIN-OpEd-Experts-300x2501.png

So “cheap shots” like condemning the shooting of a terrorist in the act of trying to kill are “aimed at showing the Palestinians in Jordan [that] the Hashemites have not abandoned them,” said Oded Eran, a senior research fellow at Israel’s Institute for National Security Studies. “The King expects the Israeli government” to ignore such statements. And for the most part, Jerusalem does.

But Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently took exception. “It is outrageous to hear the Jordanian government’s speaker support the terror attack which occurred today in Jerusalem’s Old City,” a statement released by Netanyahu’s office said. “It’s time Jordan stopped playing both sides of the game. Just like Israel condemns terror attacks in Jordan, Jordan must condemn terror attacks in Israel. Terror is terror.”

Moreover, some anti-Israel hostility by Jordan goes beyond mere statements.

In March, Jordan released Ahmed Daqamseh, a former soldier who murdered seven Israeli schoolgirls as they visited his country. His tribe gave him a hero’s welcome and he called for Israel’s destruction on Al-Jazeera TV. Many lawmakers and politicians had reportedly lobbied to set him free, and doing so may have been a populist move.

Jordan also hosts “Al-Quds,” the official TV station of Hamas, the Gaza-based terror group committed to Israel’s destruction.

Some experts think Israel should stop turning the other cheek. “Israel is assisting Jordan economically, providing it with fresh water and [helping] in many other areas. It is entitled and even obligated to insist that Jordan moderate its criticism and certainly that it not support anti-Israeli terrorism,” Ben-Dror said.

Israel should “slowly alter the rules of the game” by insisting that Jordan’s monarch condemn Palestinian violence, said Bar-Ilan political scientist Hillel Frisch. “Israel has to make him sweat a little but not, of course, at the expense of his throne.”

“I’m glad that Netanyahu rebuked him over the attempted murder of the policeman,” Frisch said. “I’d like to see more rebukes in the future, especially regarding the Waqf guards’ role in incitement on Har Habayit.” Under the terms of Israel’s peace treaty with Jordan, the Jordanian-run Waqf Islamic religious trust administers the Temple Mount, but has been leading efforts to deny and erase any Jewish connection to the site.

Last July, three members of the Islamic Waqf attacked a group of archeologists at the site. The harassment continued in January, when Islamic guards tried to remove an Israeli tour guide for calling the area the “Temple Mount,” insisting that he use the Islamic term “Haram al-Sharif.”

While King Abdullah might have an unspoken understanding with his “Arab Street” that requires regular condemnations of Israel, the sustainability of such an arrangement remains a concern. The same Islamist forces to which he panders could eventually hobble his policy objectives, or worse.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/477-PlantTree-RootSource-600WIDE.jpg

Last October, a grassroots campaign was launched by Jordanian activists to turn off the lights to protest Jordan’s gas deal with Israel. The “lights-out action came on the heels of a protest march [recently] in downtown Amman that attracted an estimated 2,500 demonstrators, making it one of the largest protests in Jordan in recent years,” the Jerusalem Post reported. The protests reportedly included chants against both the gas deal and Jordan’s peace with Israel.

Reflecting popular opposition, the lower house of Jordan’s Parliament overwhelmingly opposed the 2014 gas deal. The opposition includes leading Jordanian trade unions, Islamists, and secularists.

By indulging public opinion with anti-Israel rhetoric, Abdullah risks encouraging and popularizing the type of movement that could eventually topple him. Jordanian Islamists recently murdered a prominent Christian writer who faced legal charges for sharing a “blasphemous” anti-ISIS cartoon that outraged Muslim groups. Honor killings are increasing in Jordan.

Last November, Jordan’s highest religious authority slammed as “false and insignificant” an Israeli bill to ban the Muslim call to prayer via loudspeakers during sleeping hours throughout Israel. The Israeli bill would apply to the sound systems of all houses of worship, not only mosques, and countries like India and Egypt have enacted similar limitations.

Anti-Israel hostility might be aggravated by Jordan’s overall situation. Economic woes and an influx of Syrian refugees are bringing increasing instability, Israeli Ambassador to Jordan Einat Shlein warned in March.

Frisch is less concerned: “I remember from [over 50 years ago] how the pundits predicted the Jordanian monarchy’s imminent fall. My take is that… [King Abdullah] has money (Saudi and Gulf) and lots of intelligence and logistical support (Israel, US, British) and the more heterogeneous his population, the more room for maneuver [he has] to play the role of arbiter.”

Although Jordan has economic challenges, the regime is stable, Ben-Dror said. “Jordanians see what is happening in Syria and Iraq and appreciate the stability the regime provides. I think that most Jordanians want to preserve the status quo – the Hashemite regime. The combination of outside support for the country and the domestic support of its citizens guarantee its survival.”

Mutual interests provide some insurance for Israel-Jordan relations, Eran said. Jordan needs Israeli cooperation and expertise when it comes to “security, water and…energy… [Jordan] also needs at least a semblance of a peace process between Israel and the Palestinians to prevent unrest” among Jordanian Palestinians.

Indeed, that synergy may explain why Israel’s Foreign Ministry declined to comment on Jordanian hostility towards Israel.

“Jordan protects Israel from the east,” Zisser said. “It’s better to have the Jordanians as our neighbors than to have ISIS, the Iranians, the Syrians, or the Iraqis. So security is above all, and as long as the Jordanians keep the border quiet and cooperate with Israel,” the rest can be tolerated.

Still, if King Abdullah views Israel as key to his regime’s success, and he also needs support from the Jordanian “street” for his regime’s survival, then why – despite being the most powerful figure in Jordan – has he done so little to align public opinion with his strategic objectives? If King Abdullah can order bloody crackdowns on terrorists, can’t he promote more moderate thinking among the general population, by – for example – pushing the press to include fair and balanced coverage of Israel?

“The King is not as powerful as one thinks,” Zisser said. “There were many protests against corruption, unemployment etc., so… [he] needs to maneuver carefully.”

But Frisch disagreed: “Abdullah has been in the throne long enough to influence and shape public opinion rather [than] pander to it. He might be doing this deliberately to derail any peace process that might lead to a Palestinian state, which he certainly does not want. He wants Israel, as the strongest state on the block to contain Palestinian nationalism and radicalism.”

Reprinted with author’s permission from The Investigative Project on Terrorism

Read more at https://www.investigativeproject.org/6179/jordan-intensifies-anti-israel-rhetoric-despite#kdBOEG7aoR8iDMou.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:33 pm

The Truth about the Occupation
By Ben-Dror Yemini June 6, 2017 , 11:00 am

I doubt there is a more common phrase than “the occupation corrupts.” A large number of organizations, activists and writers go to the trouble of filling this slogan with content. Nobel Prize laureate José Saramago argued  in the past that “what is happening in Palestine is a crime we can put on the same plane as what happened at Auschwitz.” Auschwitz of all places?

The more moderate version justifies the boycott proposals with claims about “the destruction of education.” That was the argument voiced, for example, by Prof. Lawrence Davidson to justify his support for the boycott. Author Yitzhak Laor went as far as writing that “gas chambers are not the only way to destroy a nation. It is enough to develop high rates of infant mortality.”

There are thousands of comments and publications of this kind, which describe the Palestinians’ lives as a living hell. A significant part of these publications is produced by Israelis. Some of them are evil people. Others, the more moderate ones, distort the facts in a bid to “open the world’s eyes” and save Israel from itself.

A lot of Europeans, by the way, believe these horrific accounts. Different surveys show that many residents of European countries, sometimes even the majority, believe that what Israel is doing to the Palestinians is similar to what the Nazis did to the Jews. The propaganda of horror is winning.

From ‘fake news’ to ‘fake academia’

Where does the truth lie? Let’s start with education. Is higher education really being crushed? Well, according to the testimony of the former president of Bir Zeit University, Gabi Baramaki, “Before June 5, 1967, no universities existed in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.” Today, there are more than 50 higher education institutions in the territories.

Moreover, according to a study commissioned by the Palestinians, “Palestinians now have the highest per capita rate of university graduates in the Arab world.” So this is what “a systematic destruction of education” looks like, according to Prof. Davidson and the other demonization publications. We’re moving from “fake news” to “fake academia.”

An actual blood libel

The most serious claim was presented by Laor. Have the brutal Israeli soldiers really found a sophisticated way to carry out an annihilation, by dramatically increasing the infant mortality rate? Well, according to Dr. Wael R. Ennab of Al-Najah University, the infant mortality rate in 1967 was between 152 and 162 per 1,000 live births. It dropped to 132 in 1974 and reached 53 to 56 in 1985. The rate kept dropping, reaching—according to World Bank figures—less than 30 in 1993, when the Oslo Agreements were signed. It kept going down, and while Laor published his fake data, in 2002, the infant mortality rate was 25. It has kept dropping since then and has already reached 18.

The sharp drop, from 1976 to 1993, took place under direct Israeli rule. The drop continued under the Palestinian Authority, but at a more moderate pace. For the avoidance of doubt, the infant mortality rate among the Palestinians is much lower than the global average of 31.7, and is significantly lower than the average in the Arab world—28.

Why did Laor publish an actual blood libel? It’s likely a result of the same logic under which the opposition to the occupation legitimizes every lie. Only several weeks ago, someone wrote in Haaretz that “Breaking the Silence have to be liars.” In fact, all speakers of this kind “have to lie,” because if the real figures are presented—they will be in trouble.

Absolutely no genocide

The meticulous ones even talk about a “genocide.” The more moderate ones, like senior Breaking the Silence activist Noam Chayut, argue that “the unusual person is the one who is unwilling to kill civilians.” Since tens of thousands of soldiers have served in the territories, one might conclude that tens of thousands of Palestinians have been killed for blood passion.

Well, in 50 years of Israeli rule, 11,000 to 12,000 Palestinians have been killed, mostly terrorists or involved civilians. In fact, this conflict has claimed the lowest number of victims, less than the global average of traffic-related deaths and a lot less than the victims of murders in most big cities in the United States. Just for the sake of comparison, jihad massacres more than 20,000 people every year. That does not include wars.

In general, the Palestinians’ life expectancy has gone up from 48.6 in 1967 to about 73 (or 75, according to different sources) today. The population growth rate is among the highest in the world too—2.9% a year, according to World Bank figures in 2015, compared to a global average of 1.2% and the Arab world’s average of 2%.

When one combines the low infant mortality rate, the high birth rates and the rise in life expectancy, the result can be called many things, but there is no serious damage to the Palestinians and definitely no genocide. As a matter of fact, that is such a crazy argument that—as George Orwell said—there are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.

I can touch on more and more areas, in which an objective examination will reveal an amazing improvement in the past 50 years. For example, in the area of water. In 1967, only four of 708 Palestinian towns and villages were connected to running water. Today, 643 communities are connected to running water (97% of the population). The Palestinians’ water consumption from natural sources has increased as well, while the Israelis’ water consumption has dropped (the Israelis are increasingly moving to desalinated water.

Violent society? End of democracy?

Other claims made as part of the “occupation corrupts” festival are that Israel is becoming more violent. That’s not true. The National Violence Index points to a drop in violence since 2004. On an international level, Israel is similar to the OECD average. In other words, there is no proof of a connection between the control of the territories and the level of violence in Israel. The violent discourse on social media is on the rise, but that is a weed which characterizes all democratic countries with freedom of speech.

The same applies to the cries of despair about the end of democracy. The Israel Democracy Institute’s 2015 Democracy Index stated as follows: “The common feeling that the situation of Israeli democracy is deteriorating and has reached its lowest level, as it is reflected primarily in the media, is likely not completely accurate in light of the comparative international findings.”

The lies must be refuted

It’s been 50 years since Israel gained control of the territories, and figures show that the Palestinians have actually experienced a major improvement. In most areas, their situation is much better than the situation of Arabs in neighboring countries. So the lies about Auschwitz and the destruction and the mass killing must be shattered.

That doesn’t mean there is no injustice. That doesn’t mean there is no room for criticism, even profound criticism, against certain actions committed by Israel. That doesn’t mean that there are no hooligans in the territories, even if they are a small minority. That doesn’t mean that the settlement enterprise should be justified. And that definitely doesn’t mean that the occupation should be perpetuated or that we should march with our heads held high towards the disaster called one big state or a binational state.

All it means is that we must refute the lies about what the Palestinians have experienced in the past 50 years under Israeli rule. That will only work to advance the discussion on the proper agreement, both for the Palestinians’ sake and for Israel’s sake.

Reprinted with author’s permission from YNet News
Read more at https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4970003,00.html#uDfkC7VMq4xI5fBj.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:20 pm

Free Pass Revoked?
By Jim Fletcher June 7, 2017 , 8:00 am
It’s not at all clear this early that President Trump and his team truly understand the nature of the Arab-Israeli conflict, but a report last week is very encouraging.

During his trip through the Middle East, Trump visited Israel. At one point, he met Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas. The same Abbas who hasn’t held elections in years and reportedly only controls 17 percent of the Palestinian territory ceded by the Israelis in the wake of Oslo. Hamas of course controls the rest.

In what might be a first for an American president, Trump gave Abbas a dressing-down for lying about fighting anti-Israel incitement. The fact is, the PA/PLO has never opposed incitement; the evil entity actually encourages it and supports it.

Trump’s alleged encounter with Abbas is a drastic departure from the policy of past American presidents. Think of people like Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. They coddled the Palestinians. If Trump did in fact accuse Abbas of lying, it is a watershed moment in American policy.

Our tax dollars end up in the hands of Palestinian families whose sons murder innocents with bombs. The American political establishment has always known about this. When Hillary Clinton talked recently about the need for Palestinians to stop incitement against Jews, she was simply campaigning. Like she has for the past quarter-century and apparently will do again through 2020.

But it didn’t mean anything. She doesn’t care about incitement or the murder of Jews. Nor do most of those in the Democrat political establishment.

Trump does, though. This could have long-range consequences, and is perhaps already paying dividends.

According to ABC News:

“The U.N. has stopped supporting a Palestinian community center in the West Bank that was named for a woman who participated in a deadly 1978 attack in Israel.

“Secretary-General Antonio Guterres’s office said in a statement Sunday that the U.N. withdrew its support after learning the center was named for Dalal Mughrabi.

“’The glorification of terrorism, or the perpetrators of heinous terrorist acts, is unacceptable under any circumstance,’ Guterres’s office said. ‘The U.N. has repeatedly called for an end to incitement to violence and hatred as they present one of the obstacles to peace.’”

For the virtually immoral UN to make such a statement is nothing short of remarkable, and must be a direct result of the “new sheriff in town” attitude of Trump. In other words, though the lying media undermine Trump at every turn, he is still able to affect great change, and the behind-the-scenes pressure his team is putting on the previously disingenuous PA is a breath of fresh air.

This will be a fascinating development to watch going forward. One of the more important issues in the entire Arab-Israeli conflict.

Reprinted with author’s permission from Rapture Ready
Read more at https://www.raptureready.com/2017/06/04/iw-jun-5-2017/#ig0XPrL33ia6eBQQ.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:09 pm

Breaking Up With Mr. Islam
By Daniel Greenfield June 8, 2017 , 10:00 am
Islam is peaceful. Just ask Rafiqi Islam, a loving husband, who told his wife that he had a present for her, blindfolded her to make it a surprise and then cut off her fingers. Then the rest of the Islam family mopped up the blood, while Mr. Islam threw her fingers into the trash, and after a few hours took her to the hospital where they warned her to tell the doctors that she had an accident.

The proximate cause of this event was that Mrs. Islam wanted to continue her education and Mr. Islam being a good Emirati Muslim was not so fond of the idea.

This is the sort of thing that Mr. Islam does from time to time. Diners in London got a surprise from Mr. Islam, three of him, who began stabbing and slashing their way through some trendy nightspots. The blindfold had been slapped on them by their own government and their own media.

Close your eyes while hundreds of thousands of Muslim migrants show up in America and Europe. Keep your eyes closed and Mr. Islam will give you a great big surprise.

Before the machete comes down, the blindfold goes up. We ourselves have had quite a few Muslims asking us to put on a blindfold because they have a present for us and they don’t want to spoil the surprise. All we have to do is close our eyes for twenty years or so and we’ll be missing a hand or a head too. Surprise, you’re a backward theocracy with a legal system overseen by child abusing Mullahs. Now blow out the bomb belt and make a wish.

There are a number of lessons here. The first is don’t go into a room with Mr. Islam. The second is don’t put on a blindfold when he tells you that he has a surprise for you. The third is don’t marry Mr. Islam in the first place.

Unfortunately the free world has been forced into an arranged marriage with Mr. Islam. One day he just showed up on our doorstep and the authorities told us we would be living with him from now on. Sometimes he cuts off a head, plants a bomb or kills a few thousand people– but when we complain to the authorities, they warn us not to cast any aspersions on the good name of Mr. Islam. There might be people doing these terrible things, but it’s only because we haven’t made them feel at home. We didn’t make their coffee just right, we told the wrong jokes and didn’t prop up their self-esteem. But whoever those people are, they are certainly not Mr. Islam who is a fine peaceful gentleman and would never harm a fly.

There are quite a few people who would like to be able to get a divorce from Mr. Islam, but the authorities won’t hear of it. Mr. Islam is here to stay and we had better make him feel at home or he’ll have another surprise for us.

That leaves us with a choice between putting away the books and learning to Salaam with the worst of them, or go on trying to learn while wearing a blindfold so that we don’t see the machete coming. The leaders of the West have donned the blindfold and are eagerly awaiting the surprise that Mr. Islam has for them. Will it be moderation they wonder, or perhaps some of that Islamic science we have been hearing so much about. Unfortunately it’s just a machete. It’s always a machete.

Lucy always pulls away the football and Mr. Islam always brings down the machete. And if Charles M. Schultz had allowed Mr. Islam to emigrate to Peanutsland, then Lucy would soon have no hands. But those who wear the blindfold go on being fooled, believing that the moderate Muslims will be in their corner when they need them and that the football will be there when they kick it. And if it isn’t, then it must be their fault.

Within a generation our leaders have turned the West into the battered spouse of the East, always going around with black eyes or missing parts, while singing the praises of Mr. Islam, that very peaceful gentleman who wouldn’t harm a fly. There’s no shelter for the free world to go to, not when it used to run the shelter for the battered peoples of the world. But now that their Muslim batterers have boarded and are having their way in London, Paris and New York, there’s no shelter anywhere.

Early divorce proceedings are underway, in the Netherlands, Mr. Wilders, ESQ, would like a divorce. But dumping Mr. Islam is very controversial. In parts of Europe, they are looking to renegotiate the terms of the marriage to bar some of its more unpleasant aspects, such as burqas and machetes, but they haven’t gotten all that far. You can’t have Islam without burqas and hijabs. And you can’t have burqas and hijabs without machetes.

There’s no word on whether Mrs. Islam has become an Islamophobe ever since Mr. Islam cut off her fingers. But it wouldn’t be an irrational response. When Islam cuts off your fingers, it’s natural to feel a twinge of unease when he shows up at your door with a gift wrapped machete. And if Americans, Europeans, Israelis, Canadians, Australians, Filipinos, Thais, East Timorese, Greeks, Paupans, Armenians, Serbians, Russians, Ivorians, Nigerians and any of the other countless peoples who have had their lives made more interesting and more final by Islam are made a little uneasy by Mr. Islam, it’s not really a phobia, more of a sense memory.

Naturally we mustn’t confuse Mr. Islam with Islam. There are millions of Muslims who have not yet chopped off their wives’ fingers and probably never will. And that remains our best hope. The odds are in our favor until it happens to us.

All this can be a little confusing, but the rule of thumb (if they haven’t been chopped off yet) is that Islam is never associated with anything bad, only with something good. If you see Mr. Islam tossing a coin to an orphan on Eid Eve, then he’s being a Muslim, but if he’s chopping off his wife’s fingers then he has nothing to do with Islam. Hamas’ social services are to be praised, but its rocket launches are to be deplored.

The easy way to do this is to always wear a blindfold and hope for a surprise. Think Eid dinner, not September 11. And if your hand is intact, then it’s an Eid miracle. But for those who want a life without playing the game of blindfold and machete (Machete and Blindfold (TM) is the official game of Ramadan) then there’s no choice but a divorce.

Divorce is still controversial in the multicultural household, but sometimes it’s the only answer. The more we wear the blindfold and hope that this time it will be a good surprise, the harder it is to contemplate breaking the “Till Death Do Us Part” part, even with someone who takes the death part rather literally. But it’s not as if we have any choice.

This arranged marriage of ours with Islam is going very badly. Our home has become a dangerous place and every night out has become another opportunity to experience one of Mr. Islam’s surprises.

The longer this marriage goes on, the more we forget who we used to be, courageous peoples who used their minds and were not afraid of anything. Artists, warriors, scientists writers, builders. And it can be hard to do remember what we used to be capable of doing when we’re trying to build up the self-esteem of Mr. Islam, who gets very upset when we read too many books because it makes him feel inferior.

Either we go on playing the game of blindfold and machete, or we take off the blindfold, take away the machete and show Mr. Islam the door.

Reprinted with author’s permission from Sultan Knish Blog
Read more at https://sultanknish.blogspot.co.il/2017/06/breaking-up-with-mr-islam.html#edjMvSmI2y6Z3ZuV.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:04 pm

Palestinian Suffering and Israel
By Caroline Glick
How can we explain the international community’s indifference to Palestinian suffering? Every day, angry bands of protesters burn the flag of Israel, call for the destruction of the Jewish state and insist that Israel and its Jewish citizens be shunned from polite society and thrown out of the global economy all in the name of opposing “the Occupation.
Although the breathless protesters insist that all their efforts are directed toward the Palestinians, as it works out, none of their assaults on Israel have improved the Palestinians’ lot. To the contrary, their protests have given a free pass to those that do the most to harm Palestinians.

The angry, hateful protests against Israel tell us nothing about either the history of the Palestinians’ relations with the Jewish state or their present circumstances.
And what are those circumstances? Consider the stories of two different groups of Palestinian prisoners.

The first story relates to the Palestinian terrorists imprisoned in Israeli jails after being tried and convicted of engaging in terrorist attacks against Israel.
Led by terrorist mastermind Marwan Barghouti, who is serving multiple life sentences for killing multiple Israelis, in April more than a thousand jailed terrorists opened a hunger strike demanding an improvement in their prison conditions.
The New York Times published an op-ed by Barghouti and massively covered the strike. Numerous other marquee media organizations similarly provided sympathetic coverage of the event.
Hidden beneath mountains of column inches was the basic fact that the terrorists’ demands made clear that their strike was ridiculous.
They weren’t demanding food. They weren’t demanding fair trials or the right to speak to their attorneys.
They were demanding that Israel add 20 new channels to their standard, free cable television access.
They demanded that Israel let them have telephones in their rooms.
They demanded that Israel buy them air conditioning units.
In other words, they were demanding that Israel treat them better than it treats its own soldiers.
The second prisoner story is the story of the 12,000 Palestinians that have been jailed in Syrian regime prisons since the start of the Syrian civil war. These men, women and children are denied sufficient food and water. They are subjected to torture. Several cases have been reported of Palestinian female prisoners being subjected to gang rapes. More than 500 Palestinians have died in jail. More than 500 Palestinian children are behind bars.
And the plight of the Palestinians on the outside is no better.
Nearly 4,000 Palestinians have been killed by regime forces since the start of the war. Yarmouk refugee camp has been all but depopulated. Whereas before the war began in 2011, more than 120,000 Palestinians resided in the camp just 8 km. from central Damascus, today a mere 20,000 remain. Those who remain have been besieged by regime forces for nearly three years. They have been starved and parched. Running water was cut off years ago.
And yet, the only journalist who has consistently covered the story is Palestinian affairs correspondent Khaled Abu Toameh, writing for the niche website of the Gatestone Institute.
As Abu Toameh noted in a report on the Palestinians in Syria last August, the leaders of the PLO and the Palestinian Authority like their sometimes-rivals- sometimes-partners in Hamas have refused to intervene on their behalf.
To the contrary, the PLO happily reopened its embassy in Damascus last year, despite the fact that it is accredited to a regime that is slaughtering the people that the PLO claims to represent.
Abu Toameh wrote bitterly, “The Palestinians of Syria would have been more fortunate had they been living in the West Bank or Gaza Strip. Then the international community and media would certainly have noticed them. Yet when Western journalists lavish time on Palestinians delayed at Israeli checkpoints in the West Bank, and ignore barrels of explosives dropped by the Syrian military on residential areas in refugee camps in Syria, one might start to wonder what they are really about.”
This week we got reminder of what this is really about from an odd source.

During his interview with NBC’s Megyn Kelly, Russian President Vladimir Putin grew exasperated with Kelly’s repetitious line of questioning about whether or not Russia colluded to get President Donald Trump elected last November.

After repeatedly denying Kelly’s allegations, Putin insisted that the Russian-US elections narrative is simply a conspiracy theory invented by Democrats and their allies to avoid the blame for Hillary Clinton’s defeat.
In Putin’s words, “It’s easy to say, ‘It’s not our fault. It’s the Russians. They intervened. They interfered.’” Putin then compared the anti-Russian conspiracy theory to antisemitism.
“It’s like antisemitism,” Putin explained. Anti-Jewish conspiracy spinners use the Jews as a means to deflect blame for their failures. In his words, “‘The Jews are to blame.’ You’re [not] an idiot. Because ‘the Jews are to blame.’” Putin’s statement is important for two reasons.
First, the former KGB chief knows a thing or two about antisemitic conspiracy theories. Russia has played an outsized role in inventing them for precisely the reason that Putin gave – blame deflection.
It was a precursor of the KGB, the czar’s secret police, that wrote the infamous Protocols of the Elders of Zion which purported to expose a Jewish world conspiracy to control humanity for nefarious ends.
And in 1949, it was the KGB that created the antisemitic conspiracy that has animated and controlled Western discourse on Israel ever since. It was then that the Soviets invented the term “anti-Zionism,” and began referring to Jews as Zionists.
And this brings us to the second noteworthy aspect of Putin’s discussion of antisemitism. The KGB rebranded Jews as “Zionists” and antisemites as “anti-Zionists” to rescue antisemitism as a tool of political warfare from the ruins of Auschwitz.
Until then, it was socially unacceptable to hate Jews.
After the KGB moved to pan Zionism as a form of colonialism and imperialism, it became fashionable again.
What Putin explained in his remarks is that conspiracy theories are not accidental occurrences.
They are deliberate, premeditated acts of political warfare that serve specific political purposes for their creators.
Anti-Zionist conspiracies, like their traditional anti-Jewish antecedents are particularly attractive because Jews are such an easy target.
Their small numbers and the ease with which they can be singled out makes them natural targets of conspiracy mongers.
After all, who will stand up for Israel and the Jews? Jews, of course, have no credibility as defenders of the Jewish state, because, well, they’re Jews.
As for non-Jewish defenders of Israel – they can dismissed as hired guns or religious fanatics or discredited in any number of other ways.
Sadly, while Putin has no compunction about standing up to the anti-Russia conspiracy spinners, with each passing year, the American Jewish community has had more and more difficulty recognizing that they are the target of a conspiracy theory and acting appropriately. Rather than stand up for Israel and against its detractors, more and more American Jews have joined them.
And those who do not join them try to get out from under the conspiracy web by pretending that it is a rational argument, rather than a conspiracy.
Indeed, increasingly, American Jewish organizations make distinctions between Israel and Judea and Samaria. They don’t take their tours beyond the 1949 armistice lines. They say that boycotts of Jewish products made beyond the lines are legitimate.
They try to “dialogue” with anti-Israel activists and blackball Israeli conservatives.
And lo and behold, it doesn’t work.
It doesn’t work because it cannot work. Because the conspiracy mongers are not interested in compromising, they are interested in delegitimizing the very notion that Jews can argue with them.
The toll this has taken on the American Jewish community was clearly in evidence this week at the Israel Day Parade in New York.
15 years ago, some 100,000 area Jews marched in the parade. This year, official counts put the number of marchers at 40,000. A disproportionate number of them were Orthodox.

Fifty years after the Six Day War, Israel has become a hard subject for American Jews to discuss not because it is hard on the merits to defend, but because the conspiracy theories which have taken control of the non-Jewish discourse on Israel have captured the American Jewish discourse as well.
The most pressing duty of the American Jewish community then is to finally recognize the nature of the battle they are beset by and fight it as hard as they can.

The long-suffering Palestinians will no doubt thank them for doing so.
Reprinted with author’s permission from The Jerusalem Post
Read more at https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Our-World-Palestinian-suffering-and-Israel-494932#QC3YQHSGKil47IK7.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 6:34 pm

US Lawmaker at Congress-Knesset Jubilee Event: “Jerusalem Must Remain United for 1,000 Years”
By Maayan Jaffe-Hoffman June 8, 2017 , 10:30 am
“Arise, shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of Hashem is risen upon thee.” Isaiah 60:1 (The Israel Bible™)

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/bibi-hands.jpg

Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attends a joint event of the Knesset and the US Congress celebrating 50 years since Jerusalem’s reunification at the Chagall state hall in the Knesset, Israel’s parliament in Jerusalem, on June 7, 2017. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
The Knesset and US Congress jointly marked 50 years since the reunification of Jerusalem on Wednesday night with a first-ever simultaneous broadcast from the two legislatures.

“Jerusalem will never be divided again,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told attendees, recalling a time before June 7, 1967 when he was a young teenager living in a “wounded, divided [Jerusalem] that had no future.”

On the Israel side, the event was held in the hall of the Knesset building in Jerusalem. Knesset speaker Yuli Edelstein used the platform to call on the Trump Administration to recognize Jerusalem as the official and unquestioned capital of the State of Israel.
“Bring your embassy to our capital,” urged Edelstein.
Addressing Congress, he said the 50th anniversary of reunification is the “appropriate occasion to take these important, just and historic steps. I am sure other countries will follow your lead.”

Edelstein’s comments came days after the Senate on Monday unanimously passed a resolution commemorating the Jerusalem Jubilee. Co-sponsored by 17 senators, the text calls on the legislative body to recognize that “Jerusalem should remain the undivided capital of Israel in which the rights of every ethnic and religious group are protected” and validates that “there has been a continuous Jewish presence in Jerusalem for three millennia.”

The event also came just weeks after US President Donald Trump became the first sitting US president to visit the Western Wall (Kotel) and on the same day that US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley made her own pilgrimage to the holy site, where she received what was described as a “rock-star welcome.”

Around 100 VIPs were invited to attend the live event in Israel. Several hundred Americans were visible on the live stream, including business magnate Sheldon Adelson and William Daroff, senior vice president of public policy for the Jewish Federations of North America.

Netanyahu waxed sentimental as he recalled waking up on the morning of June 5 to “a resounding noise.” He climbed up on the roof of his family’s apartment in the southern Jerusalem neighborhood of Talpiot “and I could see bombs bursting on the ground, right behind us. Shells were being fired from Jordan and many, many shells fell on Jerusalem. Many were killed.”

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/461-BIN-SubscribeUSIsraelRelations-600WIDE.jpg

But two days later, on June 7, Netanyahu was huddled in a bomb shelter when Lt. Gen. Mordechai “Motta” Gur was heard over the radio announcing the legendary words, “The Temple Mount is in our hands.”

“I remember a spontaneous flood of people … going through the alleys of the Old City, one after another, and then we reached the wall and we touched – I touched – those stones,” said Netanyahu. “I was touching the rock of ages and everything was coming from those stones through my finger to my soul: Abraham, David and Solomon, and our prophets, and the Maccabees, and the ages of dispersion and torment, and the ghettos of Toledo and Warsaw where Jews prayed ‘next year in Jerusalem’ – of salvation, of return, of redemption.”

“If Jews can overcome the worst travails of history, there is hope for humanity,” Netanyahu said.

Democratic and Republican governors from across the U.S. also addressed the event and congratulated Israel on the reunification of its capital.

Gov. Phil Bryant (Mississippi) said, “So goes Israel, so goes America” and called on leaders to ensure Jerusalem remains unified under Jewish control “for another 50 years, another 100, another 1,000 years, that Jerusalem stands as a beacon of hope to all the world.”

Ron Dermer, Israeli ambassador to the United States, called the June 7, 1967 reunification a “modern-day miracle,” expressing pride that under Israel’s sovereignty “the sacred sites of Jews, Christians and Muslims are protected and people of all nations and faiths are free to walk Jerusalem streets and worship God.”

Paul Ryan, speaker of the United States House of Representatives, named Jerusalem “the spiritual and religious capital of the Jewish people for 3,000 years” and the eternal capital of the Jewish people.

“After thousands of years in exile, the Jewish people are finally back home,” Ryan said.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89294/us-congress-knesset-mark-50-years-jerusalem-reunification-joint-celebration/#EvK9wdMgAxzFFWY3.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 11:00 pm

“There Is a Famine For the Word of God”: First-Ever BIN Conference Brings Prophecy to Life in Jerusalem
By Abra Forman June 6, 2017 , 11:30 am
“Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing; then said they among the nations: ‘Hashem hath done great things with these.’” Psalms 126:1 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/conf-cover.jpg
From right, panelists Kade Hawkins, AnaRina Heymann, Chris Mitchell, and David Nekrutman at the Prophecy in the News Conference in Jerusalem, June 5, 2017. (Breaking Israel News)
The inaugural “Prophecy in the News” conference, hosted by Breaking Israel News in Jerusalem on Monday, brought together journalists, government officials, thought leaders, and religious leaders to proclaim the powerful message that Biblical prophecy is, indeed, coming to life today.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89176/famine-word-god-first-ever-bin-conference-brings-prophecy-life-jerusalem/#GywvMkEVBiH1M8x4.99

Hamas Terrorists Complain PA Stopped Their Blood Money
By JNS June 6, 2017 , 9:30 am
0Share 0Email 0Share
“Cursed be he that taketh a bribe to slay an innocent person.” Deuteronomy 27:25 (The Israel Bible™)
Police seize cash funded by Hamas to families of terrorists. (Israel Police)
Hundreds of Hamas terrorists who were formerly imprisoned by Israel claim they have not received their monthly payments from the Palestinian Authority (PA).
Abdelrahman Shadid, who heads a Hamas-affiliated prisoner advocacy organization in Gaza, said 277 former terrorist prisoners did not receive their regularly scheduled monthly stipends from the PA, The Associated Press reported.
“The prisoners went to the banks today and found no salaries in their accounts,” said Shadid. “We are waiting to hear from the bank officially tomorrow to see if this is a salary stop.”
The report comes after the Trump administration’s recent request that the PA cease its payments to Palestinian terrorists and their families, though senior PA official Nabil Shaath had called the American request “insane.”
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89160/hamas-terrorists-complain-pa-stopped-blood-money/#ZImvVH3XqfdFdssI.99

s New Scientific Trial to Revive the Dead a Threat to God’s Final Resurrection of Believers?
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 7, 2017 , 12:30 pm
“Thy dead shall live, my dead bodies shall arise–awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust–for Thy dew is as the dew of light, and the earth shall bring to life the shades.” Isaiah 26:19 (The Israel Bible™)
(Shutterstock)
A biomedical company is set to begin experiments using stem cells to revive brain dead patients in a manner that troubles theologians, who question whether this attempt to preempt the Messianic resurrection of the dead should be permitted. One prominent rabbi takes it even further, pointing out the clear and obvious flaw that destines the project to failure.
Bioquark, a biomedical startup based in Philadelphia, recently announced that they will begin experiments later this year on patients who have been declared clinically brain dead. The trial will involve a multi-pronged approach, involving injecting stem cells and peptides into the spinal cords, electrical nerve stimulation, and laser therapy. The researchers hope this will grow new neurons and spur them to connect to each other, bringing the brain back to life.
If they succeed, they will be violating a sacred Biblical tenet, Rabbi Moshe Avraham Halperin from the Science and Technology Torah Law Institute, which investigates modern technology within a religious Jewish framework, told Breaking Israel News.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89236/new-scientific-trial-revive-dead-threat-gods-final-resurrection-believers/#IMPsQQBjyhspquMT.99

A New Name for a New Jew?
By Batya Shevach June 7, 2017 , 10:30 am
“But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am Hashem your God.” Leviticus 19:34 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/abraham.png
(Breaking Israel News)
Throughout the ages, people born as non-Jews and, in rare cases, entire non-Jewish communities have chosen to adopt the Torah and Jewish religion as their own through conversion. Though Jews are Biblically forbidden to proselytize, a non-Jew sincerely seeking to become part of the nation of Israel is welcomed.
By Jewish law, a convert is considered as if born anew. Therefore, part of the conversion process is choosing a Hebrew name.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89222/new-name-new-jew/#lAcgkWJM2urKDgM3.99

Isaiah Prophecy Appears as Sea of Galilee Hits Lowest Water Levels in 100 Years
By JNS June 7, 2017 , 8:30 am
“And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be drained dry.” Isaiah 19:5 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/kinneret-winter-10.jpg
The Sea of Galilee, December 2015. (Photo: Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz/ Breaking Israel News)
Israel’s Sea of Galilee, also known as the Kinneret, hit an all-time-low recorded water level in May, prompting concerns about Israel’s largest freshwater lake and heralding the fulfillment of a prophecy by Isaiah.
According to Israel’s Water Authority, the Sea of Galilee lost 15 centimeters (5.9 inches) of its water level in May, decreasing the level to 9 million cubic meters (318 million cubic feet), an all-time low since recording began in 1920.
The situation in the Sea of Galilee has deteriorated in recent years, as Israel’s north faces an ongoing drought. Hydrologists estimate that the water level will drop by a meter (3.3 feet) before the rainy season begins in November.
The Book of Isaiah foretells of waters “failing from the sea” in the times of redemption:
And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be drained dry, and the rivers shall become foul; the streams of Mitzrayim shall be minished and dried up; the reeds and flags shall wither. Isaiah 19:5-6
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89214/sea-galilee-hits-time-low-recorded-water-level/#FsCQQZP9rJiUDO6S.99

First Time Ever: Double ISIS Attack Strikes Major Sites in Heart of Tehran
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 7, 2017 , 5:15 pm
Envy thou not the man of violence, and choose none of his ways. Proverbs 3:31 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/DBtKochXsAARH90-1.jpg
Child being removed from Iranian Parliament under siege (Twitter/@Borzou Daragahi)
At least 12 people were killed and 42 others wounded in coordinated attacks on Wednesday morning that struck two of Tehran’s most significant sites: the national Parliament Building and the Tomb of the former spiritual leader, the Ayatollah Khomeini. Iranian officials say they managed to foil a third attack.
The Islamic State (ISIS) was quick to claim credit for the attacks. ISIS released an online video filmed inside the parliament building while the attack was taking place.  The video shows a gunman standing over the bloody body of a dead man lying. A voice on the video praises God shouts in Arabic, “Allahu Akhbar (God is greater). Do you think we will leave? We will remain, Inshallah (God willing).” Another voice repeated the same words.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89259/first-time-ever-double-isis-attack-strikes-major-sites-heart-tehran/#OHsX28XFQvRLl7AH.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 11:56 pm

Senate Unanimously Passes Legislation in Support of Jerusalem Embassy Move
US Senate Unanimously Votes to Move Embassy to Jerusalem
By JNS June 6, 2017 , 1:30 pm
“For behold in those days and in that time when I shall bring back the captivity of Yehudah and Yerushalayim…” Joel 4:1 (The Israel Bible™)

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/temple-mount-from-mount-scopus.jpg
A view of the Temple Mount and Dome of the Rock from Mount Scopus (Andrew McIntire/TPS)
The U.S. Senate urged President Donald Trump to fulfill his campaign promise of relocating the American embassy in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, unanimously passing legislation in support of the move Monday.

The Senate voted 90-0 in favor of a resolution introduced in May by Majority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), commemorating the 50th anniversary of Jerusalem’s reunification and acknowledging Israel’s sovereignty over its capital.

The resolution urges the “president and all United States officials to abide by” the 1995 Jerusalem Embassy Act, which calls on the U.S. to relocate its embassy and recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Since the law’s passage, every sitting president has signed successive six-month waivers delaying the move. Most recently, Trump signed the waiver June 1.

Trump “has repeatedly stated his intention to move the embassy, the question is not if that move happens, but only when,” White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said after the president signed the waiver.

McConnell said the Senate resolution’s passage serves “as yet another indication of the United States’ commitment to standing by our Israeli friends.”
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/89198/senate-unanimously-passes-legislation-support-jerusalem-embassy-move/#bYzDbjizAcAGjAuO.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 10:08 pm

Terrorism Persists Because it Works
By Alan Dershowitz
The many terrorist atrocities perpetrated by Palestinians have elevated their cause above all other causes in the human rights community.
Every time a horrendous terrorist attack victimizes the innocent we wring our hands and promise to increase security and take other necessary preventive measures. But we fail to recognize how friends and allies play such an important role in encouraging, incentivizing and inciting terrorism.

If we are to have any chance of reducing terrorism, we must get to its root cause. It is not poverty, disenfranchisement, despair or any of the other abuse excuses offered to explain, if not to justify, terrorism as an act of desperation. It is anything but. Many terrorists, such as those who participated in the 9/11 attacks, are educated, well-off, mobile and even successful. They make a rational cost-benefit decision to murder innocent civilians for one simple reason: they believe that terrorism works.

And tragically, they are right. The international community has rewarded terrorism while punishing those who try to fight it by reasonable means. It all began with a decision by Yasser Arafat and other Palestinian terrorist groups to employ the tactic of terrorism as a primary means of bringing the Palestinian issue to the forefront of world concern. Based on the merits and demerits of the Palestinian case, it does not deserve this stature. The treatment of the Tibetans by China, the Kurds by most of the Arab world, and the Chechen people by Russia has been terrible – but their response to grievances has been largely ignored by the international community and the media because they mostly sought remedies within the law rather than through terrorism.
The Palestinian situation has been different. The hijacking of airplanes, the murders of Olympic athletes in Munich, the killing of Israeli children at Ma’alot and the many other terrorist atrocities perpetrated by Palestinians have elevated their cause above all other causes in the human rights community. Although the Palestinians have not yet gotten a state – because they twice rejected generous offers of statehood – their cause still dominates the United Nations and numerous human rights groups.
Read more at https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Terrorism-persists-because-it-works-493775#bZdfYAYpq50s3QJR.99

Trump’s Visit Strengthened Christian Support for Israel
By Ronn Torossian May 29, 2017 , 8:00 am
President Donald Trump’s visit to Israel was very positive all in all, and certainly a very welcome departure from President Obama, who was undoubtedly the most anti-Israel President in recent times.  Pro-Israel supporters can count a number of victories from Trump’s trip, starting with his visit to the Western Wall – the first by any sitting U.S. president. Trump’s visit proved to be a historic and monumental gesture of American solidarity with the Jewish people.

Another victory lies in what Trump didn’t say – he departed Israel without mentioning the words “settlements” or “Palestinian state.” Not only did Obama decry the settlements and call for a Palestinian state in his 2013 speech in Jerusalem, but he also talked of Israeli “occupation.” Trump’s visit was a full “180” turn by comparison.

Not to be forgotten in the political equation for American support of Israel, is the American-Christian community, a vital constituency in securing long-term political support for Israel. Christian Zionists number in the tens of millions in the U.S., and voted for Trump by wide margins.  Trump’s Jerusalem visit provided yet another victory by symbolically connecting the shared values of Christians and Jews.

Trump did so with his back-to-back visits of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Western Wall. The visits drew a picture of mutual heritage and shared history between Christians and Jews and served to bring American Christians closer to the Jewish State. Christians and Jews not only share a heritage, but we also share the future, one in which both faiths are under assault.

Christians in Egypt and Iraq are murdered. Jews in Europe come under attack, and Jews in the former Soviet Union remain trapped by endemic anti-Semitism and discrimination.

“The President’s visit puts Israel and the Jewish people into the world’s focus, and reminds us that many thousands of Jews remain subject to virulent anti-Semitism and persecution,” says Don Horwitz, Executive Director of Christians Care International (CCI), who works to build bridges between Jews and Christians.

“Christians have also become increasingly subject to persecution and religious violence – Jews and Christians must stand together in the face of this violence,” Horwitz says.

With gestures like Trump’s visit to these holy sites, the bonds between Christians and Jews should only become stronger and deeper. That’s good politics for Trump. And it’s good for the future of Israel and the Jewish people.
Reprinted with author’s permission from Israel National New
https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/88807/trumps-visit-strengthened-christian-support-israel-opinion/?utm_source=Breaking+Israel+News&utm_campaign=44cba2343a-BIN_oped_6_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6d3627f72-44cba2343a-83546481&mc_cid=44cba2343a&mc_eid=8dcaf513ae#mthLIPHSrC7uKZXK.97
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 1:30 pm

Rabbi Warns Pagan Arch Is End-of-Days Gateway, But Who Will Walk In?
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz May 29, 2017 , 11:30 am
“For he built again the high places which Chizkiyahu his father had destroyed; and he reared up altars for Baal.” II Kings 21:3 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/gate.jpg
(Shutterstock)
A pagan arch erected in Italy one month before the meeting of the world’s most powerful leaders in the same country may be the portal whose opening could usher in the age of the Messiah – or a sinister World Order, a prominent rabbi has claimed.

The rabbi believes that the two events – the unveiling last month of a replica of the Palmyra Arch, a symbol of paganism and idol worship, and the recent G7 summit, representing the coming together of world powers – are deeply and troublingly connected.
“This arch brings together all the necessary elements for the New World Order,” explained Rabbi Daniel Assur, a member of the nascent Sanhedrin, to Breaking Israel News. “If you look at where this arch has appeared, it is clearly a pattern moving towards a specific goal: Messiah. The question is, whose Messiah will it be?”
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/arch.png
The Palmyra arch being unveiled in Florence, Italy. (Screenshot)
The structure is a reproduction of a Roman victory arch built in Palmyra, Syria at the end of the second century CE. Originally it stood in front of a Roman temple where pagans worshiped the Mesopotamian god, Bel, also known as Ba’al, in a form of idol worship that figures prominently in the Bible. The original arch was destroyed by the Islamic State (ISIS) in 2015, but one year later, the Institute for Digital Archaeology used 3-D printing technology to reproduce a 20-foot  full-scale replica.

The reproduction, which has traveled around the world to grace a number of events – each related to a concentration of global world power – was erected in Florence, Italy, one month ago as part of the first-ever Cultural Summit of the G7. This meeting was a prelude to the annual summit that brings together the leaders of the world’s seven major advanced economies. The seven entities, representing more than 64 percent of the net global wealth, came together last Friday in Taormina, Italy.
Rabbi Assur explained that this connection to Ba’al was essential to the New World Order, and was therefore necessary to elements in the G7 seeking world domination.
“The New World Order is not a secular, atheist movement,” explained Rabbi Assur. “They combine worship of Ba’al with worship of the Egyptian god, Isis, and also the true name of God. They need to bring together all of these elements.”
Rabbi Assur added that changes within Christianity, specifically Catholicism, are part of the battle against the New World Order. This was one of his motives for participating in the Sanhedrin’s trial against Pope Francis in 2015.
“The culture of paganic Rome is taking over Christianity,” he argued. “Christianity must be taken back from Roman culture, which is paganism.”
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/525-BIN-Conference-Register-600WIDE.jpg
The arch, originally reconstructed for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Heritage week in England, also relates to the New World Order’s designs on the Holy Temple and the name of the Jewish God, the rabbi said.
“UNESCO, as part of the New World Order, has to usurp the true name of God,” Rabbi Assur explained. “It is towards this end that UNESCO is working towards changing the name and history of the Temple Mount, in order to control the original name of the Jewish God. That is why they made the most absurd claims about the holy places in Israel, but the power of the New World Order is real, so they were successful, despite their obvious lies.”
Rabbi Assur said that the arch’s role in bringing the Messiah was explicitly described in the Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin (78a).
The disciples of Rabbi Yossi the son of Kisma questioned him, asking when the son of David (the Messiah) will appear. And he answered: I am afraid you will request from me a sign as well. And they assured him that they would not. He then said to them: When this gate will fall, be rebuilt and fall again, be rebuilt again and fall again. And before it will be rebuilt for the third time the Messiah will appear.
Revered Jewish scholar Rashi, a medieval rabbi who authored a canonical commentary on the Torah, wrote that the arch mentioned by Rabbi Yossi was “a Roman arch in a Roman city”.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/shutterstock_408254893-1.jpg

The Palmyra Arch reproduction in London’s Trafalgar Square (Shutterstock)
Rabbi Assur explained that when the Talmud describes the gate falling, it is not referring to an intentional act of deconstruction, but to the powers of evil triumphing over those who serve the true God, symbolized by the Arch of Palmyra.

“There is no question that the arch is the portal for a new world that the Talmud is speaking about. If the New World Order succeeds, then they will rule, God forbid,” Rabbi Assur said. “But if the Moshiach ben David (Messiah from the House of David) comes through the portal, he will rule over them, over the New World Order.”
The first modern reappearance of the Arch of Palmyra was in London’s Trafalgar Square in April 2016, when it was rected for(UNESCO) World Heritage Week. The unveiling coincided with the beginning of a 13-day period known in the occult as “the Blood Sacrifice to the Beast”, the most important holiday for those who worship the god Ba’al, celebrated with child sacrifice and bisexual orgies.
In February, the arch was assembled again as the centerpiece for the World Government Summit in Dubai, an international meeting of global leaders to discuss policy.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/88858/rabbi-warns-pagan-arch-end-days-gateway-will-walk/#oszlUEYGk4OHsQeR.99

Trump Yelled at Abbas, “You Tricked Me in DC” Over Incitement Lies: Israeli Media
By Abra Forman May 29, 2017 , 10:30 am
“A righteous man hateth lying; but a wicked man behaveth vilely and shamefully.” Proverbs 13:5 (The Israel Bible™)

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/trump-abbas-hands.jpg

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and US president Donald Trump hold a joint press conference in Bethlehem, on May 23, 2017. (Flash90)
At their private meeting in Bethlehem last week, US President Donald Trump blew up at Palestinian Authority President Abbas over his lies about desire for peace and incitement to violence, an Israeli TV report said, citing an unnamed American source.

“You tricked me in DC!” Trump is reported to have shouted at the Palestinian leader, whom he hosted at the White House on May 3. “You talked there about your commitment to peace, but the Israelis showed me your involvement in incitement [against Israel].”

His outburst left the Palestinians in stunned silence, Israel’s Channel 2 reported, and tensions were high for several moments before both sides were able to get the meeting back on track. No evidence of the strain was visible in the joint press conference held after the private meeting, though Trump’s otherwise warm remarks included what many interpreted as a very pointed reference to the PA’s practice of paying salaries to terrorists and their families.

“Peace can never take root in an environment where violence is tolerated, funded and even rewarded,” he declared.

At their Washington meeting earlier in the month, Abbas had insisted that his people were peaceful, claiming at a joint press conference that the Palestinians were “raising our youth, our children, our grandchildren on a culture of peace.”

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/520-BIN-Conference-LearnMore-600WIDE%20(1).jpg

But Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu quickly countered the blatant falsehood, stating in response, “I heard President Abbas yesterday say that the Palestinians teach their children peace. Unfortunately, that’s not true. They name their schools after mass murderers of Israelis and they pay terrorists.”

Indeed, there are so many instances of Palestinian leadership, including Abbas himself, urging and inciting their people to commit violent acts of terror against innocent Israelis that Abbas’s statement was almost laughable.

“Each drop of blood that was spilled in Jerusalem is pure blood as long as it’s for the sake of Allah. Every shahid (martyr) will be in heaven and every wounded person will be rewarded, by Allah’s will,” said the PA leader during the peak of the 2015 wave of terror throughout Israel.

Palestinian law also regularly allocates thousands of dollars to murderers of Israelis and their families. Children are trained in combat camps to prepare for violent confrontations with the ‘Zionist enemy’, and a report last month found that official PA textbooks for students in first to fourth grades demonize Israel and glorify ‘martyrdom’ for their cause.

Trump had apparently been briefed on Abbas’s record of incitement by the Israelis, who were able to show him a multitude of evidence of the Palestinian leader’s brazen lies.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/88835/tricked-trump-yelled-pas-abbas-incitement-lies-report/#Or3MG6tJ5rjUzMS7.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 7:00 pm

[size=33]Trump Will Continue Obama Practice of Vetoing Jerusalem Embassy Move[/size]

By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz June 1, 2017 , 7:30 am

“Blessed be Hashem out of Tzion, who dwelleth at Yerushalayim. Hallelujah.” Psalms 135:21 (The Israel Bible™)

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/shutterstock_519093583-1.jpg

Jerusalem’s Western Wall (Kotel) with the Temple Mount in the background. (Shutterstock)

With only a few hours remaining until the deadline requiring the president to decide whether to veto moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem, media sources are claiming President Trump will indeed sign the waiver delaying the move for at least another six months.
The Jerusalem Embassy Act, passed in Congress in 1995, authorized moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, but allowed for a presidential veto lasting six-months based on security concerns. Since the law was passed, every president has signed the veto preventing the move, the last time being in December by former President Barack Obama in his final days in office. The veto will expire on Wednesday at midnight.
When White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer was asked about the subject on Tuesday, he deferred, saying that a decision had not been made.
In his presidential campaign, Trump promised to move the embassy as a move to reestablish relations with Israel. There has been much intense speculation about when, or if, the promise would be honored. In April, Congressman Ron DeSantis speculated that US President Donald Trump will announce  that the US Embassy will be moved to Jerusalem during his visit to Israel which came the day before Jerusalem Day. Though Trump did set a precedent as the first sitting US president to visit the Western Wall, he left Israel without announcing the embassy move.

image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/525-BIN-Conference-Register-600WIDE.jpg

On Wednesday, CNN  reported that a senior administration official said that the decision has not been officially made, and  paperwork for the waiver delaying the move and alternative paperwork for allowing the move to go through have both been prepared for the president to sign. The official told CNN that it is more likely the president will sign the waiver thereby delaying the move, but assured that the move may materialize sometime in the future.
 Moving the embassy is “something the President supports, something he supported during the campaign, something he still supports,” the official said. “If he signs the wavier this week, that will not be indicative of him reversing his opinion, it will just be a question of timing. It will be when, not if.”
The Palestinian Authority strongly objects to the move, and has long held the demand for Jerusalem as the Palestinian capital as a precondition for negotiations. They claim that the Israeli claim to Jerusalem is an obstacle to peace.

“The question is does making this move prejudice” the peace process, the official said. “But it is a fact that the Israeli government’s intuitions are in Jerusalem … and the typical definition of a capital is where this government is headquartered.”

Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/88929/trump-expected-sign-veto-preventing-embassy-move-jerusalem/#RTzZW88Txyc855gS.99
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 31 May 2017, 1:06 pm

Jews and Arabs Agree: Jerusalem Must Remain a United City!
As Jerusalem celebrates 50 years as a united city, some seek to divide the Israeli capital. What do the people of Jerusalem, Jewish and Arab, have to say about it?
In exclusive on-street interviews with Arabs and Jews, it was apparent that most residents have a strong preference to keep Jerusalem united, with people of diverse faiths and ethnic backgrounds living together in harmony.
Polls also show that the majority of Arabs living in Jerusalem would prefer Israeli citizenship over a new Palestinian state.
Some residents recall how different the city was 50 years ago, before its reunification during the 1967 Six Day War.
Of course, those seeking to destroy the Jewish state have their own agenda.
Listen to what the peace-loving civilians say about Jerusalem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgzQ7_dt3do

WATCH: The Most Important Moment in Israel’s History
crash course IN SHAVUOT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=iyEifiwKBcY
Watch this amazing video – actually, it’s a crash course – that teaches you about the holiday that celebrates the most profound moment in Jewish history!
You are guaranteed to learn many new aspects about the powerful Jewish Holiday of Shavuot (Pentecost).
It commemorates not only the most profound moment in Jewish history, but an event unparalleled in the annals of human history.
You may want to watch it twice to fully appreciate all the information…
We wish you a very Happy Shavuot from Israel!

Palestinians: Israeli Cabinet Meeting in Jerusalem’s Old City a ‘Provocation’
The Palestinians complained about the Israeli government’s weekly meeting that was held in the Western Wall tunnels in Jerusalem’s Old City, an event the Palestinians labeled a “provocation.”

Palestinian officials criticized the location of the Israeli government’s weekly cabinet meeting that was held on Sunday in the Western Wall tunnels of Jerusalem’s Old City in honor of Jerusalem Day and the 50th anniversary of the liberation and unification of Jerusalem.

The weekly cabinet meetings are usually held at the Prime Minister’s Office.

Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) Secretary-General Saeb Erekat denounced the cabinet meeting as a “provocation” and proof that Israel “insists on sabotaging international efforts” for peace.

During the meeting, Netanyahu announced plans to boost tourism in the Old City and to invest in the development of infrastructure in the eastern part of Jerusalem.

“Today’s meeting in Occupied East Jerusalem is an attempt by the Israeli government to normalize occupation, oppression and colonization over the land and people of Palestine,” Erekat said in a statement.

“The Israeli government has decided to mark 50 years of occupation and the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan, by sending a clear message to the Palestinian people that the systematic violations of their inalienable rights are going to continue,” Erekat added.

Erekat, the chief Palestinian negotiator in the diplomatic process, also slammed the international community’s inaction as a major factor leading Israel to continue violating international law.

“Israel’s unprecedented culture of impunity has been encouraged by a number of countries that continue to assure Israel that no concrete action will be taken to end Israel’s decades of systematic violations of its obligations under international law and UN resolutions,” he stated. “It is no longer acceptable, after 50 years of the Israeli occupation, for countries to claim to support the two-state solution while giving assurances to Israel that there will be no consequences for its illegal actions.”

“Marking 50 years of occupation is a shame for the total international system,” Erekat declared.

Israel’s Eternal Capital
While the Palestinians view the 1967 Six Day War as a defeat and a catastrophe, Israel views it as a miraculous victory which enabled them to unify their capital for the first time in 2,000 years.

Speaking at the Knesset Wednesday during a special session in honor of Jerusalem Day and the 50th anniversary of the city’s reunification, Netanyahu acknowledged there are those who wish to erase the Jewish historical connection to Jerusalem and deny Israeli sovereignty over its capital.

“We will not go back to a situation in which we can look at the Western Wall, but cannot approach it,” Netanyahu said. “To you, the members of the Knesset, the citizens of Israel, and to the entire world, I want to make it clear: The Temple Mount and the Western Wall will stay under Israeli sovereignty forever.”

“Jerusalem is built, blossoming, open for everyone, and respects followers of all religions. We are the ones who liberated Jerusalem from its continued neglect and distress. We are the ones who developed the city into what it is today,” he declared.
By: United with Israel Staff
https://unitedwithisrael.org/palestinians-israeli-cabinet-meeting-in-jerusalems-old-city-a-provocation/?

Sign the Declaration to Keep Jerusalem United
Jerusalem Must Remain the United Capital of Israel
I declare that Jerusalem is the eternal capital of the Jewish People and support all efforts to maintain and strengthen a united Jerusalem as the undivided capital of the State of Israel.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN THE JERUSALEM DECLARATION.
https://unitedwithisrael.org/declaration/?t=jer_sc_link

Shavuot – Celebrating our ‘Victory’ over the Angels
May 30, 2017
Related:
Giving of the Torah
Revelation at Mount Sinai
Shavuot
As we celebrate the giving of the Torah to the Jewish People, we also appreciate our status as children of God, which strengthened our “case” against the angels.
This week we celebrate the holiday of Shavuot, which continues for one day in Israel and two days in the Diaspora. On Shavuot we commemorate the Revelation at Mount Sinai and the Giving of the Torah so many years ago.
The Talmud says that when Moses went up to Mount Sinai to receive the Torah, he had a major fight on his hands; the angels in Heaven became all angry and grouchy. They didn’t want the Torah to be given to the Jewish people. They wanted the Torah to remain in Heaven. Moses, in the end, successfully convinced God to ignore the pleas of the angels and to give the Torah to the Jewish people.
There are a number of beautiful interpretations of this cute story, and the details of the fight between the angels and Moses (on behalf of the Jewish people).
One interpretation connects the event in Heaven to the Jewish laws of “Bar Metzra.” According to the rules of Bar Metzra, when a person wants to sell a house or a piece of land, the closest neighbors must be given the opportunity to purchase the house or land in question first, before it goes up for sale to the general public. Only if the neighbor is uninterested in purchasing the property may the owner of the property then go and advertise the sale to the public. The Torah wanted us to give priority to neighbors because they have more to gain from purchasing land adjacent to their property as they can expand the territorial continuity of their land and have a larger, more useful property and living space.
Fighting to Keep the Torah
Taking the laws of Bar Metzra and applying them to the story of the angels fighting to keep the Torah in heaven, we see that the angels had a good case. They were the “Bar Metzra” of the Torah, as the Torah was their “neighbor” up in Heaven! They were indeed entitled to “first dibs” in keeping the Torah for themselves.
So why did the angels lose their case if they were the rightful “Bar Metzra?”
It is explained that there is one exception to the laws of Bar Metzra, and that is, the children of the property owner take priority over the neighbors. If both the neighbor and the children are interested in the property (for the same price), the children get it.
This is why the angels lost their case: The Jewish people are children of God. As such, since both the angels (the neighbors) and the Jews (the children) wanted the Torah, the Jews were the ones to get it.
What a beautiful thought for the holiday of Shavuot! As we celebrate the giving of the Torah to the Jewish People, we must appreciate our close relationship to God.
By: Rabbi Ari Enkin, Rabbinic Director, United with Israel
https://unitedwithisrael.org/shavuot-rejoicing-as-the-children-of-god/?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top