Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Yesterday at 9:53 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Yesterday at 9:42 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Yesterday at 9:35 pm by Admin

» Meditation Chip Brogden
Yesterday at 9:33 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by Admin

» Daily Encounter with: ACTS International
Yesterday at 9:29 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Yesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» HEARTLIGHT — A Year with Jesus
Yesterday at 9:20 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» Mummy DNA May Prove Ancient Egyptians Descended From Son of Noah Exactly as Bible Describes
Yesterday at 8:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Yesterday at 5:32 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 5:30 pm by Admin

» Is Petra the “Prepared Place” of Safety For Israel or You?
Yesterday at 4:52 pm by Admin

» WAR DRUMS
Yesterday at 4:18 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Yesterday at 3:57 pm by Admin

» POPE FRANCIS CALLS JESUS A SINNER !!!
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by Admin

» 10 FACTS About the MARK OF THE BEAST Satan Doesn't Want You to Know !!!
Yesterday at 2:53 pm by Admin

» Prayers please for Joanne and Cairwyn Brain Tumor
Yesterday at 2:33 pm by Admin

» Christian School Banned from Teaching ‘Offensive’ Parts of Bible
Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Post  Admin on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 7:00 pm

Date: January 5, 2014 11:44 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God Has Chosen You

God Has Chosen You

"You are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession." (Deuteronomy 7:6)

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 7:6-9

Two lines of William Norman Ewer's 1917 poetry have now become famous: How odd of God, To choose the Jews. It was odd perhaps, but not out of keeping with the way God does things. In all of His dealing with us, He takes the initiative; we respond. 

God's purpose in choosing the Jews was that they would be a people set apart for Him. It was not because they were numerous or noteworthy in any way before He looked upon them. He simply chose them in His wisdom and love "...before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight" (Ephesians 1:4), the same way He chooses you and me today. 

Unless God had revealed Himself to us, we wouldn't even know of Him. He sent His Son to die for our sins; none other could have initiated that great salvation act, a plan which slowly unfolded throughout history and which still reaches into hearts today. Have you accepted salvation through Jesus? He is making you into His likeness, a process that will take your lifetime. But all the while, you will belong to Him.

Insight: "Lord, thank you for saving me. Please work in my life to accomplish your purposes."

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of a monochrome laser printer that does duplex.
So your donations would be appreciated small or large.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet .org/~restore/ donations. htm

You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness&q uot; Series and the "Grace" Series
Or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867
- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
- "If the First Amendment fails, use the Second one."
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 1:16 am

Date: January 3, 2014 12:27 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Be Holy
Be Holy
"But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: 'Be holy, because I am holy.'" (1 Peter 1:15-16)

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 1:13-21

The older I get, the more I recognize ways in which I am like my father, especially in mannerisms or gestures, vocal inflections or the use of family phrases. I look in the mirror and see my dad. I guess "Like father, like son" can be true after all! 

Peter says it should also be true in relation to us and our heavenly Father. If the holy God is our Father - and He is if we've received Jesus as our Savior - then our lives should reflect that family resemblance, too...even in holiness. 

In our passage today, Peter quotes from the Old Testament book of Leviticus, a book which has a lot to say about holiness. After God brought the Israelites out of Egypt, He called them to consecrate themselves, to be holy. He urges Christians to think much the same way. As God's children, we are to obey and bring honor to our Father. Obedience is the way we bring holiness to a practical level in our lives. The more we obey, the more we come to be like our heavenly Father. We bear the family likeness because God is holy.

Insight: "Thank you, Lord, for saving me from my old life of sin. Help me walk in obedience to you, reflecting your Holiness."

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series
Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867
- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 11:52 pm

Date: January 2, 2014 12:04 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A King For The New Year

A King For The New Year

"Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?" (Galatians 3:2-3)

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3:7-14

Every year at this time I am torn between making New Year's resolutions and not making them! On the one hand, it is good to review our lives and seek change for the better; on the other, I know that my resolutions usually fade come January, and this can be dispiriting. Why bother? 

I have come to see that rather than set my own priorities for my life, I need to ask the King what He wants in my life. Also, I find that I need to put less faith in resolutions and more in the only One who really can be resolute. I need to depend more on the "God who works in [me] to will and to act according to his good purposes" (Philippians 2:13) rather than on my own willpower. 

Instead of starting every year with a list of resolutions like last year's, ask the Lord to speak to you each day, by His Word and in prayer and in the many nudges His Spirit gives you. Listen to His voice. And let the King's proclamation of love and providence for you determine the priorities for your life. May His reign carry you through!

Insight: With the same great explosive power that raised Jesus from the dead, God can raise me afresh each day as I ask Him.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet .org/~restore/ donations. htm

You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness&q uot; Series and the "Grace" Series

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Dec 2013, 5:29 pm

Topic: +DEV+
Examples in Holiness

"Who among the gods is like you, O LORD? Who is like you-majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?" (Exodus 15:11)

Scripture Focus: Exodus 15:11-18

To understand what holiness is, notice how the word is used in the Bible. In the Old Testament it is used only in relation to God or what He has sanctified (made holy). It refers to something being different and set apart from other things. In this sense God is holy because He is unlike mankind (Hosea 11:9). 

The temple also was holy because it was different from other buildings, set apart for the worship of God. The Sabbath day was holy, again set apart from the other days of the week. The entire Jewish nation was holy because God chose them out of all others to belong to Himself and be His people, different and set apart from the others. 

When we think of holiness, we probably think of purity. This association is fitting, especially as the whole Bible unfolds, leading up to the embodiment of holiness in the birth and life of Jesus Christ. No clearer picture of holiness could be given. All of the Old Testament's foreshadows of holiness came to be in our majestic, awesome, wonder-working Savior.

Insight:  "Lord, help us learn to appreciate your holiness and share it in our daily lives."

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series
Or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklet
Michael D. Inman

Date: December 31, 2013 12:39 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Holy Are You Father

Holy Are You Father

"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." (Isaiah 6:3)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 111:1-9

Someone has suggested that the key to worship is acknowledging the holiness of God. I think Jesus would have agreed with that. He taught His disciples to pray, "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name" (Matthew 6:9). And that is not the little boy's rendition which says, "Our Father in heaven, Harold be your name"! 

The young child's misunderstanding brings a smile, but do we really understand what Jesus was teaching? "Hallowed" means to treat as holy. If we truly appreciated God's holiness, would we be as casual as we often are in prayer, worship, or Bible study? Paul speaks in Romans of those who knew God yet neither glorified (hallowed) Him as God nor gave thanks to Him (1:21). 

On the other hand, Isaiah acknowledged both God's holiness and his own sinfulness when confronted by the holy God (see Isaiah 6). When he did so, he was cleansed of his sin. We too have the privilege of knowing the holy God as our Father, basking in His holiness and giving thanks for His forgiveness that washes us clean.

Insight: Lord, we want to echo in our words and actions the message of the angels; “Holy, Holy, Holy” Are You!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 27 Dec 2013, 7:34 pm

Date: December 26, 2013 10:26 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Holiness Is Not An Option

Holiness Is Not An Option

"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)

Scripture Focus: Hebrews12:14- 24

A few years ago when I was in the market for a new car, I learned that in new-car sales there is the basic price and then there is the price with all the options. I'm not sure how car manufacturers determine what is "basic" and what is "optional, " but the difference sure changes the cost! 

Christians sometimes use "basic" and "optional" ; as categories for behavior. "Kindness, devotion, patience" ... basic Christian principles. But something like "holiness" ; is usually placed in the optional category and treated as such. 

The Bible, however, allows for no such division. Personal holiness is not an option. For "without holiness, no one will see the Lord" (vs. 14). While we know that Christ's holiness is imputed to us (see 1 Corinthians 1:30), the author of Hebrews also tells us to make every effort to be holy. Paul notes that we're chosen to be "conformed to the likeness of his Son" (Romans 8:29). It is God at work in us to make us like Christ. And He requires our wholehearted effort.

Insight: Lord, help me be cooperative in all that you have planned for me. 

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 1:24 pm

Date: December 22, 2013 11:48 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Waiting for God

Waiting for God 

�imeon . . . was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. . . . Anna . . .never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying�(Luke 2:25, 36-37). 

Scripture Focus:Luke 2:25-38

Scholars feel Simeon may have been a Hasidim, a Jewish minority known for their worship of God and for keeping His Law with a pure heart. Simeon had been told by the Holy Spirit that he would live to see the Lord's Christ. 

This man walked closely with God. The Holy Spirit was upon him and spoke to him. After a lifetime of waiting, Simeon was led by the Spirit one day to the temple. When he saw the couple holding an infant, he knew his moment had come. Taking Jesus, King of Glory, into his aged arms, he praised with an overflowing heart, �y eyes have seen your salvation!�

Anna the prophetess joined them to give thanks for Jesus. For many decades after her husband' s death she had devoted herself to praying, fasting, and worshiping God day and night in the temple. 

Many believers live in anticipation of the second coming of the Messiah. When He comes, will He find an Anna and a Simeon among us laboring in prayer, consumed by the wonder of the wait? 

Insight: Ask the Lord to lift your eyes from the everyday things that absorb your attention. Let Him stir up within you a passion for Jesus' return. 

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 20 Dec 2013, 10:46 pm

Date: December 19, 2013 9:42 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God So Loved

God So Loved

?or God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life?(John 3:16).

Scripture Focus:John 3:16-21

When Immanuel came down from heaven, divinely conceived in the womb of a young virgin, no mere infant's cry came forth. His birthing wail shook the foundations of the universe like a mighty war cry that filled every hellish demon with terror. Love Incarnate had come to wrest the keys of death from Satan and open wide the doors of paradise for all who would believe.

Love was made manifest in the form of this newborn Babe who had come from the Father filled with grace and truth. This Immanuel had turned away from the glories of heaven to be cradled in the straw of a wretched animal stall because God had judged human souls to be precious.

As this humble beginning unfolded in Bethlehem, some shepherds nearby were given a glimpse of the cosmic significance of Immanuel' s birth. An angel of the Lord appeared to them in radiant glory and countless heavenly hosts appeared, exalting God. The shepherds quickly found the Babe of Bethlehem and praised God for the things they had seen and heard.

Insight: Love came down from heaven one holy night in the form of a Babe who has won our hearts.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 19 Dec 2013, 9:46 pm

Date: December 19, 2013 12:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Is There Room for Jesus

Is There Room for Jesus

“She gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn” (Luke 2:7).

Scripture Focus:Luke 2:1-7

Today's verse haunts me. God knocks at the inns of our hearts, and the response too often is the same, “Sorry, there's no room for You here.”

A young man told me, “I’ll get serious about God when I'm older. I'm too young now. I want to party!” Then terminal cancer struck in his 21st year, and he tearfully opened the door for the Savior.

Jesus knocked at the inn of an executive, but he was too busy providing an affluent lifestyle for his family. “Come back later when I have more time,” he told Him. “I'm too stressed out now!”

Jesus knocked at the inn of a young philosopher, but he found the Gospel too exclusive of other ideologies. He answered, “Sorry, I've invited too many others into my inn. There isn't any room for You.”

Jesus knocked at the inn of a Christian worker, but he sadly closed the door, saying, “Sorry, but I'm so burned out I can't take in one more person.”

Too young...too busy. . . too crowded . . .too burned out. How do you respond when Jesus knocks at your door?

Insight: Will you put a “Vacancy” sign on the door of your inn so that you can welcome Jesus?

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 18 Dec 2013, 5:08 pm

Date: December 16, 2013 9:40 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Good News Of Great Joy

Good News Of Great Joy

"As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Now remain in my love...I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete." (John 15:9, 11)

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 52:7-11; 55:6-13

Our Christian joy is no mindless grin-in-all- circumstances joy. It is a settled, glad conviction that all will be well in God's time.

In London they know that the sovereign is in residence when the royal standard is flying over Buckingham Palace. The King is always in residence in us (John 14:27), so joy is the flag that shows that this is so. We may have cause to be sad, but Jesus' promise guarantees that deep within we will always have the King's joy.

The Christmas story is joy. The announcement by the angel of John's birth is "He will be a joy and delight to you and many will rejoice at his birth." When Elizabeth met Mary, she said, "The baby in my womb leaped for joy." Mary's song proclaimed, "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour." The angel announced to the shepherds, "I bring you good news of great joy."

This is the time of year when we can naturally, humbly share our joy with those around us, ever grateful for our King who came as the Baby of Bethlehem.

Insight: Amidst all our problems, let's worship the King in joy, knowing He has destroyed everything that is against us, by His cross and resurrection.

Michael D. Inman

Date: December 17, 2013 10:47 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The King Comes as Man

The King Comes as Man

"Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss you servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation." (Luke 2:29-30)

Scripture Focus: Luke 2:1-20

Some years ago while at a social gathering, I was talking to a senior civil servant. He had heard that I was a pastor, so he asked me why. I said that I believed that the God who loves each one of us had come to earth as a helpless baby and shared our human life, showed us what He was like and had even died on the cross to take the blame for our sins so that we could live with Him forever. He looked into my eyes, and said, "That is the most beautiful thing I ever heard." In his eyes I saw afresh the wonder of God becoming man in Jesus.

I recently read Eric Metaxas' compelling biography of Dietrich Bonheoffer, the great German martyr and theologian killed by the Gestapo in 1945. One striking line of Bonhoffer's is, "No priest, no theologian stood at the cradle in Bethlehem. And yet all Christian theology has its origin in the wonder of all wonders that God became man. Alongside the brilliance of the Holy Night there burns the fire of the unfathomable mystery of Christian theology."

Insight: "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John1:14). He is not a distant lawgiver. He is Emmanuel, God with us!

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Post  Admin on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:18 pm

Date: December 15, 2013 8:23 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Message of Worship

Message of Worship

"All the angels fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever." (Revelation 7:11-12)

Scripture Focus: Matthew 2:1-12

Mystery surrounds the Magi who came from the East looking for the one who had been born king of the Jews. We don't know exactly where they came from or how they came to look for Him. However, these facts we know: they saw God's sign, the star, and followed it; they brought gifts of honor; and when they found this Child-King, they fell down and worshiped Him.

They were wise men, indeed. Without the historic blessings of Israel, God's chosen people, they had not seen His glory. Yet they recognized Him the very moment they reached Mary and Joseph's house, and they worshiped Him with reverence. Today we worship false gods, people, things, ourselves, but rarely do we fall down before Jesus in humility as these men did. True worship is uninhibited adoration. It is pure surrender and love together.

The angels are already worshiping the Lamb who is now on the throne, and our day will come. Our time here, though, is a good dress rehearsal, so when we worship, let's do it with full hearts of love and surrendered spirits.

Insight: Jesus is on the throne. God the Father is looking for us to worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic View next topic Back to top