Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
Today at 1:46 am by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Today at 12:20 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Today at 12:12 am by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Yesterday at 11:10 pm by Admin

» R.C. SPROUL, REFORMED THEOLOGIAN, DIES AT 78
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 3:46 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Yesterday at 12:32 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Yesterday at 12:26 am by Admin

» THE MASTERS LIST Dean W. Masters
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:59 pm by Admin

» My Manna
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:57 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm by Admin

» THE CLARION PROJECT
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:15 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:01 pm by Admin

» WAR DRUMS
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:27 pm by Admin

»  Has the Zechariah 12 Battle Already Begun?
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:59 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:47 pm by Admin

» Critics Of Bible Silenced Once Again: Archaeological Discoveries Prove Jewish Torah To Be Accurate
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:11 pm by Admin

» Common Jewish Words: Their Origins & Meaning
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:00 pm by Admin

» 'CHAIN MIGRATION' Check out 1 min video
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:30 am by Admin

»  Erdogan, The President Of Turkey, Agrees With Trump And Declares That Jerusalem Capital Israel
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:00 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Post  Admin on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:54 pm

Date: September 20, 2017 at 1:30 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Spread the Encouragement

Spread the Encouragement

“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25).

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 10:19-25

In sports parlance a team's “spiritual leader” is not necessarily its religious leader. He is simply the leading motivator, the spirited encourager of his teammates. He makes them believe in themselves, and he leads them into competition with a winning attitude in their hearts.

Encouragement must surely rank high as one of the best gifts any of us can pass on to another human being. Discouragement can sneak into every life, weighing us down, crippling our spirit, and taking the wind out of our sails. Discouragement robs us of joy and the ability to succeed. It keeps us from being what God wants us to be and doing what He wants us to do. Encouragement, though, lifts us up, renews our spirit, and puts the wind in our sails. It gladdens our hearts and drives us forward toward a noble goal.

Be encouraged today. God is on your side. And then why not spread the encouragement around? Someone near you could use a lift.

Insight: A person will go father when he receives a pat on the back rather than a crushing blow to the spirit.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Michael D. Inman

Date: September 21, 2017 at 2:07 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Wanted: Spiritual Therapists

Wanted: Spiritual Therapists

“Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted” (Galatians 6:1).

Scripture Focus: Galatians 6:1-5

Physical therapy has gained a solid reputation for restoring injured athletes to playing condition. It has also helped thousands of non-athletes recover from an injury or regain their strength following surgery. Certain aspects of physical therapy cause temporary discomfort, of course, but it is a necessary part of the healing process.

Galatians 6:1 advertises openings for spiritual therapists, dedicated and compassionate believers who will involve themselves in the process of restoring any brother or sister who has sustained a spiritual injury by falling into sin. The need for such therapists is great, because far too many believers simply ignore a fallen brother or sister's need.

You don’t need an academic degree to be a spiritual therapist. All you need is a humble attitude, a compassionate heart, and a sincere desire to restore the fallen to spiritual health. Will you answer the Galatians 6:1 ad today?

Insight: When a fellow believer falls into sin, he doesn't need the back of our hand but simply a helping hand.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 10:48 pm

Date: September 19, 2017 at 1:10 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Winning Attitude

A Winning Attitude
“I will praise your name for ever and ever. . . My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever” (Psalm 145:1,21).
Scripture Focus: 1 Thess. 5:16-28
I underwent five hours of back surgery three weeks before Christmas, 2000. Knowing the biblical exhortation to give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18), I listed both the frustrations and blessings I discovered through the surgery and recovery. Here are just a few:

Frustration: Waking up in the Recovery Room and having someone stick his fingers in my face and ask, “How many fingers am I holding up?”
Blessing: Waking up in the Recovery Room.

Frustration: Having tubes connected to almost every part of my body.
Blessing: Getting the tubes removed.

Frustration: Having my vital signs checked every couple of hours.
Blessing: Having vital signs.

Frustration: Dropping a bar of soap onto the shower floor and not being able to pick it up.
Blessing: Having hot water as well as cold water.

What blessings will you find today in the adversity you are experiencing?

Insight: God sends trials to make us better, not bitter, and to strengthen, not weaken, our faith.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 12:18 pm

Date: September 18, 2017 at 2:05 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Everyone Gets to “Play”

Everyone Gets to “Play”

“The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ” (1 Corinthians 12:12).

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 12:1-11

Being a member of God's team is quite different from being a member of a sports team. For one thing, God's team has no age restrictions. By faith in Jesus Christ an 8-year-old and an 80-year-old are as welcome as a 20-year-old. However, I have never seen an 8-year-old or an 80-year-old play Center for a basketball team or Running Back for a football team.

Another difference: Sports teams are prohibited from entering more than a specified number of players into active competition. The number in baseball is 9; in football, it's 11; hockey allows 6; and 5 is the number allowed in basketball. Occasionally a team inadvertently puts too many players into the flow of a game and gets penalized for doing so. But God's team allows all who want to serve on God's team to do so. Indeed, He invites “whoever wishes” to sign up and get actively involved (see Revelation 22:17).
By the way, God’s team can never be defeated. Isn't that your kind of team?
Insight: God places His team members exactly where He wants them and guarantees a victor's crown to everyone who represents Him well.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 11:47 pm

Date: September 15, 2017 at 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Worth More Than Millions

Worth More Than Millions

“And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life” (Matthew 19:29).

Scripture Focus: Matthew 19:23-30

My eyes may have deceived me, but I think I read that a baseball pitcher signed an 8-year salary contract of $225 million. It's hard to believe your eyes when they focus on that kind of money. Who wouldn't sing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” if he made about $140,000 every time he showed up at the ballpark?

But no amount of money can compare with the rewards of serving Jesus Christ. He pays dividends that are out of this world! Once, when Peter asked Jesus how he and his fellow disciples would be recompensed for leaving everything and following Jesus, he received an astounding answer. Jesus promised that everyone who abandons personal benefits to serve Him will receive 100 times as much and eternal life too!

When this life ends—and it will—no one can carry even a thin dime into eternity. But serving Jesus now is a sure way to find treasures in eternity.

Insight: Money isn't evil, but the love of money is the root of all evil. On the other hand, loving Jesus is the root of all that's good and enduring.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.ht
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 12:43 pm

Date: September 12, 2017 at 12:57 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Surviving a Slump

Surviving a Slump

“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God” (Psalm 42:11).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 42

If you follow sports, you know the words “streak” and “slump.” A team is said to be on a streak when it wins several consecutive games, but in a slump after losing several consecutive games.

Do you ever feel like you have fallen into a slump in your Christian life? You hang your head and admit that your prayer life has hit bottom, your relationship with God has grown cold and distant, and you have to reach far back in the month to find something to praise God for. Is there any hope of recovering from the slump and initiating a winning streak?

The writer of Psalm 42 was a musician, but as his psalm reveals, he was singing the blues because God seemed distant (vs. 1-3). Then he peeked out of the slump and hoped for a better day. He encouraged his soul to hope in God, focus on

His love, pray to Him, and praise Him (vs. 5-11).

We all experience slumps in our walk with God, but He delivers us when we tie our hope to Him. End of a slump! Start of a streak!

Insight: What are you singing today - a dirge or a doxology? Dirges arise from a slump; doxologies ascend from a streak.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 11:47 pm

Date: September 11, 2017 at 2:37 AM
Topic: +DEV+ How to Join God's Team

How to Join God's Team

“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life” (John 5:24).

Scripture Focus: John 6:35-40

Baseball is a fun game, unless you are the youngest and least talented player in the neighborhood. Getting left out when the kids choose sides is not only an embarrassing experience but also a crushing blow to one's self-image. Even getting assigned to play backstop is better than just watching everyone else play.

Fortunately, no one has to feel excluded from God's team; he invites everyone to get on board! As our verse for today affirms, whoever receives Jesus' word and believes on the Father who sent Jesus to earth crosses over from death to life. In other words, whoever believes becomes a member of God's eternal team.

Jesus further affirmed in John 6:37 that He will never drive away even one person who comes to Him as a gift from the Father. My friend, if you haven't joined God's team yet, today is the best day to believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior. He declared in John 14:6 that He is the way to God.

Insight: God's grace reaches even to the vilest sinner and offers him forgiveness and membership in His forever family.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 9:15 pm

Date: September 8, 2017 at 1:47 AM
Topic: +DEV+ How's Your Daily Workout?

How's Your Daily Workout?

“Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like” (James 1:23-24).

Scripture Focus: James 1:19-27

One bad step in a hole in 1980 - that's all it took to push an already weak spinal disk over the edge. A lateral herniation at L4/5 is what the neurosurgeon called it. Toss in a nasty bone spur and a narrowing of the opening the nerves pass through, and you have a recipe for excruciating back and leg pain. Surgery two months later relieved most of the pain, but six weeks of therapy lay ahead.

You may know by personal experience that physical therapy stretches a patient. It stretched my muscles and my character. The latter proved harder to stretch than the former, because I had to discipline myself after the final therapy session to put into practice what the therapist had taught me. Finding time and the will to exercise daily at home was hard, but not exercising and having the pain return was hardly a good option. So I exercised.

James underscores the need to give our faith a daily workout by obeying what God's Word instructs us to do (1:23). How well will you stretch your faith today - and every day?

Insight: Obeying the Bible is a form of daily exercise. It strengthens faith and enables us to perform acts of service.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:09 pm

Date: September 7, 2017 at 12:51 AM
Topic: +DEV+ When the Going Gets Tough
When the Going Gets Tough

“For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with with you. . . . On the contrary, we worked night and day...” (2 Thessalonians 3:7-8).

Scripture Focus: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-10

December 12, 2000, proved to be an unusual day in Denver Nuggets basketball history. You see, only the coach showed up for practice that day. The players had decided to skip practice without mentioning their decision to the coach. They cited a red-eye flight after a four-game road trip as the culprit. The local media rumored that the team was at odds with the coach and planned to boycott that night's

game against the Miami Heat. But the Nuggets denied the rumors, alleging they were too tired to practice. After all the hubbub, the Nuggets played the scheduled game but lost.

The Lord’s team, comprised of believers, is in a contest far more crucial than a professional basketball game. The opposing team, coached by Satan, wants to thwart our every attempt to champion the cause of righteousness. The stakes are simply too high for us to opt out of the contest. Keep up your resolve. Your Heavenly Coach waits for you.
Insight: Christians may grow weary in the work of the Lord, but we must never grow weary of the work of the Lord. Victory is certain!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 06 Sep 2017, 10:26 am

Date: September 6, 2017 at 2:07 AM
Topic: +DEV+ 85 and Still Going Strong

85 and Still Going Strong

“So here I am today, eight-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I am just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then” (Joshua 14:10-11).

Scripture Focus: Joshua 14:6-14

Caleb had been one of the 12 Israelites who had spied out the land of Canaan and reported their findings to Moses. He and Joshua had advised Moses that the land abounded with fruit and flowed with milk and honey, just as the Lord had promised. They urged their fellow Israelites to trust the Lord and enter Canaan right away. However, the other 10 spies discouraged the Israelites from doing so. They reported seeing giants in Canaan and told the Israelites they were no match for the giants. Unfortunately, the Israelites believed the faithless spies and chose to keep on trekking aimlessly through the desert.

Forty-five years later, Caleb, now 85, was in Canaan with Joshua and a new generation of Israelites, and he was ready to claim the mountain the Lord had promised to him. And he was prepared to drive out the pagans who inhabited it.

Active faith and age are not mutually exclusive. When the Lord blesses us, He doesn't look at the length of our life but the strength of our faith.

Insight: The fact that you are still alive, whether 19 or 90, proves that the Lord has some work He wants you to do for Him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:35 pm

Date: September 5, 2017 at 2:10 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God's Demolition Team

God's Demolition Team

“We do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds” (2 Corinthians 10:3-4).

Scripture Focus: Joshua 6:1-21

“Joshua fit the battle of Jericho!” So goes an old spiritual, but actually it wasn't much of a battle, according to the Bible account. Jericho's inhabitants were already terrified of Joshua and his forces before they arrived. They had heard how the Lord had disposed of Israel's enemies - the Egyptians at the Red Sea and the Amorites in the wilderness (Joshua 2:10). Weak hearts and knocking knees had taken the fight out of the people of Jericho. Also, consider how Joshua and his followers conquered Jericho. After marching silently around it once daily for six days and seven times on the seventh day, the Israelites merely shouted when their priests blew their trumpets. Then the Lord collapsed Jericho's walls so the Israelites could march straight into the city and take it.

So it is probably best to sing, “The Lord fit the battle of Jericho.”

What walls can the Lord bring down for you today?

Insight: If an immovable wall seems to stand in the way of blessing, trust the Lord to collapse that wall.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 11:07 pm

Date: September 4, 2017 at 12:48 AM
Topic: +DEV+ With God on Your Side

With God on Your Side

“No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Joshua 1:5).

Scripture Focus: Joshua 1:1-9

Joshua faced a major challenge that brought with it a huge responsibility. The Lord appointed him to succeed Moses, and tasked him with the responsibility of leading Israel victoriously into Canaan. This would not be a piece of cake! Canaan's cities were heavily fortified. Its fighters were heavily armed and experienced. Nevertheless, the Lord encouraged Joshua by promising to be with him and by assuring him that he would succeed if he would meditate daily on God's law and obey it. With God on his side, Joshua would be invincible.

Facing a new challenge, perhaps a new job or relocation across country, can be frightening. But the Lord doesn't present such a challenge without promising to be on your side. If you honor Him and obey His Word, you will succeed in whatever task He assigns.

Knowing the Lord is on your side is a sure cure for first-day-on-the-job jitters or a morale boost for whatever challenge you face. You cannot fail if you depend on Him.

Insight: True success in any venture is measured by our obedience to the Lord and our confidence that He is with us.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 6:07 pm

Date: September 1, 2017 at 1:29 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Best Rest
The Best Rest
“But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” (Isaiah 40:31).

Scripture Focus: Mark 6:1-12, 30-31

I saw a bumper sticker that boasted, “The best never rest.” I disagree. Whoever heard of a winning sports team whose players never rested? Tired, bleary-eyed, sleep-deprived players would be a pushover any day. Well-conditioned athletes respect their bodies and give them time to replenish expended energy, restore overworked muscles, and rebuild lost stamina. They know that to be the best, they must get adequate rest.

Jesus taught His team of busy disciples to rest - to restore their bodies and their souls. Following an extensive preaching tour, the disciples were advised by Jesus to accompany Him to “a quiet place and get some rest” (Mark 6:31). Jesus knew well that His followers couldn't shine as lights if they suffered burnout.

The barrenness of a busy life can strike any of us if we neglect to spend quality time alone with God through prayer and Bible reading. Resting quietly in His presence renews us, inspires us, and equips for further ministry. The best rest!

Insight: Time spent in prayer and Bible reading is far from wasted. Indeed, it is a valuable investment in peace of mind and spiritual renewal.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:14 pm

Date: August 31, 2017 at 12:53 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Take Heart, There's Hope

Take Heart, There's Hope

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13).

Scripture Focus: Acts 27:13-26

The apostle Paul's voyage to Rome was anything but a fun-filled cruise. For one thing, he was a prisoner. For another, the ship that carried him and 275 others was on the verge of breaking apart. A violent storm was pummeling the ship and striking terror into the hearts of both its crew and the soldiers who were guarding Paul. But into that hopeless situation Paul infused hope. He told everyone that God had revealed to him that the ship would sink but no lives would be lost. “Keep up your courage, men,” Paul shouted, “for I have faith in God” (Acts 27:25).

Like an imperiled ship, our civilization seems headed for destruction, and many people are frightened. Nevertheless, God offers hope. Such hope can replace despair and bring confidence where there is fear, peace where there is worry, and joy where there is sadness. These tumultuous times summon believers to hold out hope to the distressed. Why not look for an opportunity today to declare, “Take heart . . . for I believe God”?

Insight: Hope in God is based firmly on His character. He is faithful to bring to pass everything He has promised.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:53 pm

Date: August 30, 2017 at 3:08 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Living Well Forever

Living Well Forever

“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life” (John 5:24).

Scripture Focus: John 10:7-11

More than three centuries ago, Thomas Sydenham, whom many call the English Hippocrates, wrote an extensive book about disease. He believed that good health was largely a product of proper diet, adequate rest, fresh air, and exercise. But only three years after completing his medical study, he died - like every human being before him.

Though plenty of fresh air, proper food, proper rest, and an excellent exercise program contribute to good health, inevitably every human being must experience death. God announces that we all have an appointment with death (Hebrews 9:27). However, the Creator who holds life and eternity in His hands wrote a book explaining how we can enjoy the highest quality of life now and after death as well. That book is the Bible. It informs us that Jesus Christ offers an abundant life today (John 10:10) and a blissful life in God's presence after death (1 Thessalonians 4:17-18).

Good reason to sit up and take notice of what the Bible teaches, don't you agree?

Insight: Jesus, the Great Physician, is the only physician who gives His patients abundant, everlasting life.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:51 pm

Date: August 27, 2017 at 11:36 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Best Is Still to Come

The Best Is Still to Come

“Instead, they were longing for a better country - a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them” (Hebrews 11:16).

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 11:13-16

Summer 2000 was hot, dry, and extremely dangerous for those living in the Western United States, and the number of forest fires reached an all-time high. Often lightning ignited timber and turned thousands of acres into blazing infernos. Many residents, forced to evacuate, could only await word about the fate of their homes.

In Northern California, one woman’s refusal to evacuate her home cost her not only her home but also her life. A fire fighter who stayed until the last possible moment trying to persuade her to leave, suffered burns before escaping.

Giving up a house is a painful experience, but nothing we own in this life is secure. Nor is it as valuable as life itself. If we place too high a value on possessions, eventually we will be disappointed. It is far better to see things as just things and to anticipate the eternal inheritance God has promised to bestow on all who love Him. We are traveling toward the city of God that will never perish or lose its luster.

Insight: Whatever we hold in our hands is temporary, but what God holds in His hands for us is eternal.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 25 Aug 2017, 4:31 pm

Date: August 25, 2017 at 3:04 AM
Topic: +DEV+ An Amazing Potluck

An Amazing Potluck

“They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish. The number of the men who had eaten was five thousand” (Mark 6:42-43).

Scripture Focus: Mark 6:35-44

If you have attended a church potluck, you know churchgoers like to eat. Perhaps someday a church will call itself Potlucks R Us. Potluck tables often sag under the weight of a variety of colorful vegetable and fruit salads, lasagna, fried chicken, beef, enchiladas, beans, corn, potatoes, dinner rolls, pies, cakes, and an assortment of pastries that throw taste buds into frenzied delight.

Now picture a potluck of only five small loaves, two fish, and more than 5,000 hungry people. An impossible situation, right? But Jesus faced precisely that situation and fed everyone to his or her complete satisfaction, with 12 baskets of food remaining.

Nothing is too hard for Jesus to accomplish. You have the promise of Scripture for this (Luke 1:37). Because Jesus loves you, He will meet even your “most impossible” need; and because He is all-powerful, He will meet it eventually to your full satisfaction. Trust Him!

Insight: Placed into our Lord's hands, desperate situations become opportunities to observe His love and power.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:31 pm

Date: August 22, 2017 at 10:50 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Reach for God's Grace

Reach for God's Grace

“The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him, but . . .he will pursue his foes into darkness” (Nahum 1:7-8).

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10

You have heard it said that “into every life a little rain must fall,” but does it seem sometimes that you are caught in the middle of a deluge? Do problems, pain, and perplexing predicaments sweep around you like a reenactment of Noah's flood? If so, you are not alone.

Even the most dedicated Christians suffer. It's part of the price we pay for living in a fallen world. However, God allows adverse circumstances to enter our lives for our good. They strengthen our faith and teach us to depend on His all-sufficient grace.

The apostle Paul suffered an undisclosed affliction, something he called “a thorn in the flesh.” Paul asked the Lord three times to remove it. But the Lord allowed the affliction to remain. It was His way of keeping Paul humble and dependent on Him. He explained that His grace was sufficient for Paul.

If you are suffering today, reach for God’s grace. You'll find that it is close by - and it is all-sufficient!

Insight: No one is exempt from trials in this life, but God's grace enables those who trust in Him to find purpose in their pain.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 12:39 pm

Date: August 17, 2017 at 2:04 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Clear Sense of Direction

A Clear Sense of Direction

“Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them. The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple” (Psalm 119:129-130).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 32

If the following episode were true, it would be tragic. Because it is not true, it is laughable. A pilot announced to his passengers, “I have bad news and good news. First the bad news: our navigator has lost our position, so we don't know where we are or where we're going. Now the good news: we are making very good time.”

Life for far too many of us seems aimless, but considering how we rush about, we are making very good time. The question is where is all this fast-paced living taking us?

The Christian life is the antithesis of aimless activity. God's Word directs every Christian step by step through life and portrays heaven as the final destination, a place of eternal joy. As Christians we may stumble on the straight and narrow path that leads to heaven, but we are still on the right path.

By the way, God is the Christian’s navigator. He never loses sight of where He's taking His people. With God, there is no bad news!

Insight: Those who go through life without God are in a maze. Those who walk with God are amazed – amazed at His goodness and grace.

Michael D. Inman

Date: August 18, 2017 at 1:04 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Foundational Truth

Foundational Truth

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock” (Matthew 7:24).

Scripture Focus: Matthew 7:24-27

In June 2000 the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) predicted that by 2060 one-fourth of existing houses within 500 feet of U.S. coastlines and Great Lakes shorelines will be wiped out by erosion. That's a scary prediction! It's hard to picture so many beautiful houses toppling into a watery grave. If I were shopping for a lakefront or oceanfront house, I'd want to take a long, hard look at the foundation before plopping down earnest money.

But too many people are constructing their lives on a weak foundation. Jesus said that ignoring His words is like building a house on sand. That life will collapse in the flood of divine judgment. However, those who build their lives on Jesus' words - hearing them and putting them into daily practice - are like the man who built his house on a rock. That house survived torrential rain and a raging flood.

Have you checked your life’s foundation recently? Is it firm?

Insight: A life built on Jesus and His words will survive even life's harshest trials and God's closest inspection. Its foundation is flood-proof!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 9:41 pm

Date: August 16, 2017 at 1:25 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Motivated!

Motivated!

“We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God” (2 Corinthians 5:20).

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 5:16-21

Discovered: a 100-foot-long, highly sophisticated submarine under construction. Where? High in Columbia, in the Andes Mountains at an elevation of 8,500 feet. Now, why would anyone build a submarine high in the mountains?

The answer is, to escape detection. You see, this submarine was being built to smuggle thousands of kilos of cocaine to other countries. The drug smugglers' plan was to construct the sub in three sections, haul those sections to the coast on flatbed trucks, assemble them there, and transport the cocaine at a depth of 700 feet below the ocean's surface.

Obviously, the submarine builders were motivated to make illicit money and lots of it. Fortunately, their plan was torpedoed!

Let’s face it, drug runners and their kind will go to almost any length to snare their victims, while Christ's ambassadors often refuse to cross the street to share the Gospel with a neighbor. Isn't it time to get motivated?

Insight: We don't need to build a submarine to transport the Gospel; we just need to launch a lifeboat. Think about that.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.ht
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 14 Aug 2017, 10:04 pm

Date: August 14, 2017 at 2:00 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God's Invincible Truth

God's Invincible Truth
“See how I love your precepts; preserve my life, O Lord, according to your love. All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal
(Psalm 119:159-160).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:161-168

British Prime Minister Winston Churchill paid profound tribute to truth. “The truth,” he said, “is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. Ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.”

Sir Winston Churchill may or may not have had the Bible in mind when he paid truth such a compliment, but his words describe the Bible perfectly. Jesus, a much higher authority than Mr. Churchill, said that God's Word is truth (John 17:17). The test of time has demonstrated that it is timeless and triumphant. Critics have slammed it, but still it stands. Efforts to obliterate it have failed. Persecution intended to silence those who share its message has only kindled a greater zeal to proclaim it. Translators have given their lives to make the Bible available around the world, and small groups of believers have risked their lives to study it in countries opposed to freedom of worship.

The Bible, God’s truth, offers salvation, hope, guidance, encouragement, and much more. Tap into its resources daily. It will always be there for you!

Insight: A few good books may last for centuries, but the Bible endures forever as a treasure to be cherished and used over and over again.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 10:53 pm

Date: August 10, 2017 at 5:38 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God's Victory Parade!

God's Victory Parade!

“Thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him” (2 Corinthians 2:14).

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 2:14-17

Afton, Wyoming (population 1,630) knows how to put on a parade. Their native son, Rulon Gardner, had won the gold medal in Greco-Roman heavyweight wrestling at the Sydney Olympics. He defeated Russia's Alexander Karelin, who had not lost an international match in 13 years. When Rulon arrived home,

The whole town turned out to welcome him. Thousands of red, white, and blue balloons soared into the sky as Rulon was hoisted onto a chair atop poles – a makeshift throne - and carried by former high school wrestlers and coaches.

Lifting his gold medal off his 54-inch chest, Rulon told the crowd, “This medal is not mine. This is all of ours!

In our verse for today, the apostle Paul celebrates the victory Jesus Christ won over the devil and his forces. Just as the people of Afton share the gold with Rulon, we share in Jesus' victory.

Kind of makes you want to shout, doesn’t it? Or maybe release a few balloons!

Insight: Christians belong to God's winning team, not because of their virtue or skills, but because Jesus has won the victory for us.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:40 pm

Date: August 8, 2017 at 3:40 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Alive Today

Alive Today
"`Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.' . . . These are written that you may believe" (John 20:29,31).

Scripture Focus: John 20

Jesus' disciples had been plunged into grief and despair when He was arrested, tried, and crucified as an imposter and criminal. Three days later, though, their devastation was replaced by wonder and joy.

Jesus, who had died on the cross and been buried in the tomb, was alive again. Joy came flooding in when the disciples believed that their Lord was indeed alive.

It's the same for us today. We may be crushed by failure or battered by unfair accusations and betrayal. We may feel like giving up because we see no escape from our circumstances. In our despair we hear the angel asking, "Why are you crying?" (v. 13) We weep because we feel desperately alone.

That all changes when we truly believe that Jesus is alive today and we can count on His presence with us. Our circumstances may not change, but we have joy in knowing that the One who died for us is alive today and will never leave us.

Insight: Let praises overflow. Jesus has died for you. Now He is alive for you and you will never walk alone.

Michael D. Inman

Date: August 9, 2017 at 1:42 AM
Topic: +DEV+ An Unfinished Portrait
An Unfinished Portrait
"Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, `Do you love me?' He said, `Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.' Jesus said, 'Feed my sheep'" (John 21:17).

Scripture Focus: John 21

As Jesus prepared to leave His disciples, He promised, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father" (14:12). It was time now for Peter to step out and begin his service for Christ, but he was not ready. Think of the excuses he could have made. Maybe you have made some of them yourself:

I'm too weak. Look at how I failed Jesus.

I'm not qualified. Remember how I boasted of my loyalty then even denied knowing Him.

I don't have the right temperament. One minute I'm a hothead and the next I'm a coward.

I'm too busy now that I have gone back to my fishing business.

Excuses - until Jesus had a private conversation with Peter in which He revealed the depth of His love and grace. Jesus not only forgave Peter for denying Him, He also restored him as a disciple and even trusted him with a special assignment.

Insight: Have you experienced Jesus' forgiveness? Then you can count on Him to qualify you for a special assignment. He will give you the joy of serving Him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 11:52 pm

Date: August 7, 2017 at 2:09 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Here Is Your King!

Here Is Your King!
"`Here is your king,' Pilate said to the Jews. . . . Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. It read: Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews" (John 19:14,19). 

Scripture Focus: John 19 

We have seen portraits of Jesus of Nazareth. He pictured Himself as the Bread of Life, the Light of the World, the Door, the Good Shepherd, the Resurrection and the Life. One day the admiring crowds had even welcomed Him as King of the Jews, the hope of Israel. 

Now Jesus hung on the cross, and seemingly it was all over. No more miracles. No more talk of the kingdom. The sign over the cross read like a cruel mockery. 

But it wasn't all over. And the sign on the cross proclaimed the truth. Jesus had lived His 33 years on earth by God's schedule. Even as He suffered on the cross, He was there because that was what His Father had sent Him to do. Jesus died for the sins of the world -- my sins and yours. The King of the Jews willingly gave His life as the sacrificial lamb so that we can be redeemed with His precious blood. 

We can pity the man who suffered a cruel and unfair death. Or we can worship Him who, though He was King, chose to die as a lamb in our place. 

Insight: Jesus is your King and your Lamb. Believe He is your sacrificial lamb, paying the price for your redemption. Worship Him as your King. 

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 05 Aug 2017, 3:59 pm

Date: August 4, 2017 at 1:22 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Poised in His Father's Will

Poised in His Father's Will

"You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to Me" (John 18:37). 

Scripture Focus: John 18 

Jesus was arrested and humiliated before friends and critics. Throughout the unspeakable ordeal, He remained poised. 

As He waited in an olive grove in the Kidron Valley, He was betrayed by Judas, who traded his personal knowledge of Jesus for 30 silver coins. 

Peter, who had declared his undying loyalty to Jesus, denied his Lord. Finally, after a night of interrogations and false accusations, Jesus was sent to Pilate, the Roman governor, who found no basis for a charge against Him. As Pilate played to the crowd, they shouted that they didn't want Jesus released. 

Jesus, the sinless Son of God, was misunderstood, denied basic human rights, falsely accused with no defense -- and more. Still, He stood before His enemies with poise and divine dignity. 

Jesus came to earth to fulfill His Father's plan for our salvation. He had lived by His Father's timetable and had accomplished His Father's will. Now He stood poised before the worst His enemies could do to Him because He was secure in His Father's love. 

Insight: Jesus will give you poise when you face opposition for your commitment to Him. He will never leave you to stand alone. 

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 9:15 pm

Date: August 1, 2017 at 9:35 PM
Topic: +DEV+  The Counselor

The Counselor

"I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you" (John 16:7). 

Scripture Focus: John 15:26-16:33 

Jesus loves without end. He understood the confusion His disciples felt as His departure drew near. He promised, however, all their sorrow would turn to joy when He would rise from the dead and He would send the Counselor who would fulfill His promises to them and to every believer. 

The Counselor, the Holy Spirit sent from the Father, would witness to Jesus' true identity as the Son of God. He would equip Jesus' followers to represent Him in the face of opposition. The world that hated Jesus would also hate His followers. They would not have to face that hatred alone. The faltering witness of the weakest believer would be effective with power from heaven! 

As the Counselor opened their spiritual understanding, the disciples would identify so closely with Jesus that when they would bring their requests to the Father in Jesus' name, they would surely receive His answer. 

Just think: all those promises are for you today! The Holy Spirit is Jesus' gift to you. 

Insight: Do you need the Counselor to open your understanding? Reach for the Word and trust Him to open your heart to receive all that Jesus promised. 

Michael D. Inman

Date: August 3, 2017 at 12:07 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Jesus' Priorities

Jesus' Priorities

". . . that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" (John 17:2-3). 

Scripture Focus: John 17

In His last hours of earthly life, Jesus opened His heart to His Father in what has been called His High Priestly Prayer. He expressed His priorities -- His desire to glorify His Father and to see His followers down through the ages enjoying such an intimate, loving relationship with His Father that they too glorify Him. Jesus desired to have every follower enjoy the closeness with His Father that He has always enjoyed. This is the purpose for which we humans were created, but that closeness was lost through sin. 

Eternal life, received by faith in Jesus Christ, is not just an endless existence. It is a completely new life -- living in an intimate relationship with God so that we know Him, talk with Him, make choices that please Him, and enjoy Him. Jesus prayed that we would enjoy oneness with Him that is like the closeness He enjoys with His Father. And when this prayer is answered, the world will recognize the difference, and they too will turn to Jesus for eternal life and oneness with the Father. 

Insight: Oneness with the Father, love, and joy -- Jesus desires these for you. How are you allowing His prayer to be answered? 

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top