Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» BREAKING: Navy SEAL Issues Urgent Terror Warning
Today at 9:12 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Today at 7:28 pm by Admin

» WAR DRUMS
Today at 7:23 pm by Admin

» YouTube Begins Purging Alternative Media - Including Prophecy News Watch
Today at 7:01 pm by Admin

» Afraid of the Dark? Why Eclipses Frightened Ancient Civilizations
Today at 10:01 am by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 9:50 pm by Admin

» GOSPEL FROM ASIA
Yesterday at 9:48 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Yesterday at 9:41 pm by Admin

» Daily Encounter with: ACTS International
Yesterday at 9:37 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Admin

» HEARTLIGHT — A Year with Jesus
Yesterday at 9:32 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Yesterday at 9:24 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Yesterday at 9:13 pm by Admin

» ALERT: Hillary Caught In Major New Fraud Scandal
Yesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S
Yesterday at 5:17 pm by Admin

» President Trump Makes History, And America Collects The Unbelievable $19 Trillion Windfall
Yesterday at 4:56 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Yesterday at 4:31 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Yesterday at 4:27 pm by Admin

» Texas permanently bans taxpayer funding of abortion
Yesterday at 12:22 am by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
Yesterday at 12:02 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Post  Admin on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:09 pm

Date: January 8, 2017 at 10:07 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Comfort from Jesus Christ

Comfort from Jesus Christ

“If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love . . . if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded” (Philippians 2:1-2).

Scripture Focus: Philippians 2:1-11

Someone asked a Christian leader, “In all your travels across the country, what single characteristic do you see in the church?”

The leader responded thoughtfully, “We seem to have lost our joy.”

Christians are called of God to become like His Son. One of the Christlike qualities we should exhibit is joy and a spirit of encouragement. Our joy comes to maturity as we discover that the Spirit of God, who lives within us, enables us to live moment by moment in close union with Jesus Christ. Within the circle of His loving closeness we find our comfort.

Out of that union with Christ comes the willingness and ability to reach out to others. This is not a once-a-week relationship in which we greet our fellow Christians and shake hands. Through the Holy Spirit we can live in a oneness of both mind and heart with other believers so that we share intimately the encouragement and comfort we receive from our relationship with Christ.

Insight: Your oneness with Jesus Christ will bring oneness with other believers and fill your heart with joy.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
We are also in need of a video camera to make YouTube videos related to these messages
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 11:39 pm

Date: January 5, 2017 at 5:24 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Comfort for the Brokenhearted

Comfort for the Brokenhearted

“The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:17-18).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 34

As a pastor I have spent hour after hour with people who have been thrust into the ranks of the brokenhearted. Each time the sharp pang of sharing pain comes as a fresh experience to me. I have never stopped feeling their hurt and I can never stop offering God's comfort. He has a remedy for the brokenhearted that is far beyond my ability to impart. Let's explore His remedy together.

First, in the Old Testament, the word “heart” usually refers to a person's inner nature, the place of deepest feelings. Then the word “broken” conveys a vicious picture, implying being torn apart as by a wild animal or being wrecked by the gale wind of a violent storm. God wants us to know He has an accurate understanding of the deep anguish that comes when we are brokenhearted.

Most of us actually experience heartbreak from time to time. Whatever the reason for our pain, let's be reminded today that God specializes in reaching out to help all who are brokenhearted. He is close by to rescue those who are crushed in spirit.

Insight: Thank God for the assurance He gives of His presence throughout every shattering experience. He cares! You can rest in His nearness.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are also in need of a video camera to make YouTube videos related to these messages
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Subscribe to my Restoration's YouTube Channel

01. Introduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je-ty4jaEdc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 05 Jan 2017, 5:20 pm

I have created a new YouTube channel for video devotions and Bible Teachings.

For those who use YouTube and also subscribe to my email devotions. this will be a good resource for you.

I realize I haven't yet uploaded any video's as of yet but would ask if you would subscribe to my YouTube channel linked below. As I make them I will post them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9HQc6ky7wNDeMep8oy1cGg
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 05 Jan 2017, 4:59 pm

Date: January 4, 2017 at 6:29 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Always the Gentleman

Always the Gentleman

“Love is patient, love is kind. . . . It is not rude” (1 Corinthians 13:4-5). “I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me” (Revelation 3:20).

Scripture Focus: Revelation 3:14-22

Though we need God desperately in every part of our lives, He does not come uninvited. God is not rude. He waits for us to open our hearts to Him. Jesus pictures Himself standing at the door of our lives knocking, waiting for admittance.

It’s inconceivable that the God of the universe, our Creator, does not break down the door and enter. Further, it's unthinkable that anyone would refuse Him entrance when He comes to bring help and healing. But we do!

As believers, we keep certain areas closed to Him. We put up a “No Admittance” sign and stubbornly deny Him entrance to private places. We shrink from having the pure light of His holiness expose our shame. We need His discipline, but we want to avoid it.

God waits lovingly, patiently. He is always the gentleman. He will never intrude where He is not invited. He is standing now, knocking, waiting for us to open ourselves to Him. When He comes, His very presence brings joy and peace.

Insight: The greatest dignitary in the universe loves you enough to stand outside your life waiting to be invited in. Open your heart to Him today.

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 11:49 pm

Date: January 3, 2017 at 11:27 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Always the Gentleman

Always the Gentleman

“Love is patient, love is kind. . . . It is not rude” (1 Corinthians 13:4-5). “I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me” (Revelation 3:20).

Scripture Focus: Revelation 3:14-22

Though we need God desperately in every part of our lives, He does not come uninvited. God is not rude. He waits for us to open our hearts to Him. Jesus pictures Himself standing at the door of our lives knocking, waiting for admittance.

It’s inconceivable that the God of the universe, our Creator, does not break down the door and enter. Further, it's unthinkable that anyone would refuse Him entrance when He comes to bring help and healing. But we do!

As believers, we keep certain areas closed to Him. We put up a “No Admittance” sign and stubbornly deny Him entrance to private places. We shrink from having the pure light of His holiness expose our shame. We need His discipline, but we want to avoid it.

God waits lovingly, patiently. He is always the gentleman. He will never intrude where He is not invited. He is standing now, knocking, waiting for us to open ourselves to Him. When He comes, His very presence brings joy and peace.

Insight: The greatest dignitary in the universe loves you enough to stand outside your life waiting to be invited in. Open your heart to Him today.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 10:24 pm

Date: January 3, 2017 at 1:36 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Servant

A Servant

"Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you" (John 13:14-15).

Scripture Focus: John 13:1-17

As Jesus prepared His disciples for His death, He gave them an experience that would open their hearts to what He had to say. They were in an upper room to eat the evening meal before the Passover. In this setting, the moment came for Him to show them "the full extent of His love" (vs. 1).

Jesus got up from the table, wrapped a towel around His waist, poured water into a basin, and began to wash His disciples' feet and dry them with the towel. This was usually the task of a lowly servant, and none of the disciples had offered to perform it. Jesus assumed the role of a servant, knowing His disciples were bickering over their positions in a hierarchy of greatness in Jesus' kingdom.

By stooping to wash their feet, Jesus demonstrated both His greatness and the extent of His love. He was also setting an example for His disciples and for all who follow Him. None of us is greater than Jesus; therefore, none of us should hesitate to demonstrate love by being a servant. The cost is humility and patience. The reward is Christ-likeness.

Insight: Jesus says that His true followers will demonstrate their love for Him by being servants. Are you a servant?

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 12:12 am

Date: January 2, 2017 at 12:38 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Hug to Comfort You

A Hug to Comfort You

“He guarded him as the apple of his eye, like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch them and carries them on its pinions” (Deuteronomy 32:10-11).

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 32:7-12

Several hundred years ago a great preacher said, “When God puts a burden upon you He puts His own arm underneath you.” We can relate to that, can't we? Sometimes the hurts and pain are so great that only God's presence will help.

God is our strength. We hurt, struggle, and hardly know what to say or do. At the point of our deepest despair, we feel His strength - His God hug! He takes His arms and holds us, reminding us that we are His. Within the comforting circle of His arms we are safe.

Sometimes God permits a burden to be placed on us because He is trying to get our attention so that we will rely on His comfort and protection. Think about the burden you are carrying. Is it an illness? The unceasing hurt and pain of a broken relationship? Helpless concern for someone who is rejecting you and your Lord? Remember that God is well aware of every facet of your need. He is extending His presence and His “God hug” of comfort to you.

Insight: “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” (31:8).

Michael D. Inman

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 11:51 pm

Date: December 28, 2016 at 11:43 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction

“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice” (1 Samuel 15:22).

Scripture Focus: Exodus 1:22-2:10

The birth of a son meant its death, according to the mandate from the king. One baby boy was hidden for three months, then placed in a basket boat to float in the river. Obediently, the older sister watched her brother through the tall

grasses. At the proper time, Pharaoh's daughter came along and heard the baby crying. Carefully phrasing the question, the sister asked Pharaoh's daughter if she would like her to find a care provider for the baby. Going to her mother, she thus reunited mom and baby for several years. Moses grew.

This story is remarkable. What if the mother had allowed her son to be killed? What if the daughter had disobeyed and left the infant? What if she had slipped and revealed that the baby was Hebrew? At each step God-fearing people allowed His orchestration of the whole event. Each one obeyed, doing a small part. The whole event became a story that has been retold many times. Instead of a tragic ending, Moses was allowed to become the man God used to lead the joyful release of the Hebrew slaves.

Insight: As you follow God's leading in your daily routine, you may be part of God's plan to perform a miracle in another's life.

Date: December 30, 2016 at 2:03 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Clear Sense of Direction

A Clear Sense of Direction

“Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them. The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple” (Psalm 119:129-130).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 32

If the following episode were true, it would be tragic. Because it is not true, it is laughable. A pilot announced to his passengers, “I have bad news and good news. First the bad news: our navigator has lost our position, so we don't know where we are or where we're going. Now the good news: we are making very good time.”

Life for far too many of us seems aimless, but considering how we rush about, we are making very good time. The question is where is all this fast-paced living taking us?

The Christian life is the antithesis of aimless activity. God's Word directs every Christian step by step through life and portrays heaven as the final destination, a place of eternal joy. As Christians we may stumble on the straight and narrow path that leads to heaven, but we are still on the right path.

By the way, God is the Christian’s navigator. He never loses sight of where He's taking His people. With God, there is no bad news!

Insight: Those who go through life without God are in a maze. Those who walk with God are amazed – amazed at His goodness and grace.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 1:07 am

Date: December 28, 2016 at 11:43 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction

“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice” (1 Samuel 15:22).

Scripture Focus: Exodus 1:22-2:10

The birth of a son meant its death, according to the mandate from the king. One baby boy was hidden for three months, then placed in a basket boat to float in the river. Obediently, the older sister watched her brother through the tall

grasses. At the proper time, Pharaoh's daughter came along and heard the baby crying. Carefully phrasing the question, the sister asked Pharaoh's daughter if she would like her to find a care provider for the baby. Going to her mother, she thus reunited mom and baby for several years. Moses grew.

This story is remarkable. What if the mother had allowed her son to be killed? What if the daughter had disobeyed and left the infant? What if she had slipped and revealed that the baby was Hebrew? At each step God-fearing people allowed His orchestration of the whole event. Each one obeyed, doing a small part. The whole event became a story that has been retold many times. Instead of a tragic ending, Moses was allowed to become the man God used to lead the joyful release of the Hebrew slaves.

Insight: As you follow God's leading in your daily routine, you may be part of God's plan to perform a miracle in another's life.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 11:22 pm

Date: December 28, 2016 at 1:02 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Change of Heart

A Change of Heart

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 34:1-18

Of all the different things in life that have the potential to influence us, the ones that carry the most weight tend to be those that affect the heart. The Bible refers to the heart as the "wellspring of life," urging us to guard it above all else.

The Psalmist writes that God is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A person's heart, in the emotional and spiritual sense, is a place where secrets and dreams are kept. The pain of a broken heart is as unique as its contents. We can take comfort in the fact that a God Who is so large and powerful demonstrates His love on such an intimate and personal level when He mends the brokenhearted of His creation.

When our own emotions overpower us, the Holy Spirit intervenes and changes our hearts to be more peaceful. Although we can't change the circumstances that hurt our hearts, we can cry out to God, and He will mend them like a mother tenderly mending her loved one's shirts. He is forever faithful and unchanging.

Insight: When Have You Needed Peace In Your Heart? Do You Believe God Is Faithful Times Of Brokenness? How Do Emotions Change Your Heart And Attitude?

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 27 Dec 2016, 6:29 pm

Date: December 26, 2016 at 11:07 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Brilliant Counselor

A Brilliant Counselor

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you"
(Psalm 32:8).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 32

The Lord is a Wonderful Counselor, and we have a standing appointment with Him anytime we need His counsel. He has the power and wisdom to clear out all the anxious clutter of our hearts. His insight goes right to the source of our turmoil and brings the grace and wisdom we need.

We see Him doing that very thing for Peter in Matthew 17. Peter had a run-in with some very intimidating temple tax collectors who wanted to know if Jesus paid the temple tax. Peter said "yes" even though the answer was "no." Then he came into the house where Jesus was waiting and didn't mention the incident. It was Jesus who got the matter out on the table by asking him a question. He used Peter's answer to explain why it was not necessary to pay the tax and why Peter should remember that he had the privileged status as a son of the Father.

Peter went into the house full of the fear of man, and Jesus counseled him into freedom. He will do the same for us.

Insight: "He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace"
(Isaiah 9:6).

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 26 Dec 2016, 10:44 pm

Date: December 26, 2016 at 1:38 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Dust Bowl

Dust Bowl

"As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more." PSALM 103:15-16

Scripture Focus: Psalm 103

During the 1950s, a particular couple drove back to Oklahoma to see the farm they had left 20 years earlier during the dust bowl. They talked about clearing away brush and trees and planting new crops. They talked about the sun that had parched the land and the dust storms that had left it barren.

As they drove along the dirt road toward their farm, one of them said, "It's been 20 years. I don't know what the house must look like." They stopped the car at the site of their farm and exclaimed. "It's gone!" The couple looked out at a few trees and tall grass. "It's like all our work had never happened."

The psalmist would have understood that comment. The work of our hands can be wiped out through fire, flood, dust storms, or simply decay with age. Jesus' work at the cross shows us the extent of God's love. He withheld nothing to provide for us. As time passes and we face unexplained loss, we can stand firm on God's enduring love. Through it we flourish and are brought from withered hopelessness back to life.

Insight: Aren't you glad for God's love and compassion? It never disappears.

Michael D. Inman

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to figh

THE GEESE IN THE STORM

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but
have eternal life.
~John 3:16~

There was once a man who didn't believe in God, and he didn't hesitate to let others know how he felt about religion and religious holidays, like Christmas. His wife, however, did believe, and she raised their children to also have faith in God and Jesus despite his disparaging comments.

On snowy Christmas Eve, his wife was taking their children to a Christmas Eve service in the farm community in which they lived. She asked him to come, but he refused. "That story is nonsense!" he said. "Why would God lower Himself to come to Earth as a man? That's ridiculous!"

So she and the children left, and he stayed home. A while later, the winds grew stronger and the snow turned into a blizzard. As the man looked out the window, all he saw was a blinding snowstorm. He sat down to relax before the fire for the evening.

Then he heard a loud thump. Something had hit the window. Then another thump. He looked out but couldn't see more than a few feet. When the snow let up a little, he ventured outside to see what could have been beating on his window. In the field near his house he saw a flock of wild geese.

Apparently they had been flying south for the winter when they got caught in the snowstorm and couldn't go on. They were lost and stranded on his farm, with no food or shelter. They just flapped their wings and flew around the field in low circles, blindly and aimlessly. A couple of them had flown into his window, it seemed.

The man felt sorry for the geese and wanted to help them. The barn would be a great place for them to stay, he thought. It's warm and safe; surely they could spend the night and wait out the storm. So he walked over to the barn and opened the doors wide, then watched and waited, hoping they would notice the open barn and go inside. But the geese just fluttered around aimlessly and didn't seem to notice the barn or realize what it could mean for them.

The man tried to get their attention, but that just seemed to scare them and they moved further away. He went into the house and came with some bread, broke it up, and made a breadcrumb trail leading to the barn. They still didn't catch on.

Now he was getting frustrated. He got behind them and tried to shoo them toward the barn, but they only got more scared and scattered in every direction except toward the barn. Nothing he did could get them to go into the barn where they would be warm and safe.

"Why don't they follow me?" he exclaimed. "Can' t they see this is the only place where they can survive the storm?"

He thought for moment and realized that they just wouldn't follow a human. "If only I were a goose, then I could save them," he said out loud.

Then he had an idea. He went into the barn, got one of his own geese, and carried it in his arms as he circled around behind the flock of wild geese. He then release it. His goose flew through the flock and straight into the barn - and one by one the other geese followed it to safety.

He stood silently for a moment as the words he had spoken a few minutes earlier replayed in his mind: "If only I were a goose, then I could save them!" Then he thought about what he had said to his wife earlier. "Why would God want to be like us? That's ridiculous!"

Suddenly it all made sense. That is what God had done. We were like the geese - blind, lost, perishing. God had His Son become like us so He could show us the way and save us. That was the meaning of Christmas, he realized.

As the winds and blinding snow died down, his soul became quiet and pondered this wonderful thought. Suddenly he understood what Christmas was all about, why Christ had come.

Years of doubt and disbelief vanished like the passing storm. He fell to his knees in the snow, and prayed his first prayer: "Thank You, God, for coming in human form to get me out of the storm!"

~"Geese in the Storm" is a slight modification of the classic written by Louis Cassels in 1959 called, "The Parable of the Birds."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 23 Dec 2016, 11:40 pm

Date: December 22, 2016 at 11:29 PM
Topic: +DEV+ O! To Be Like Thee

O! To Be Like Thee

"I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD." Psalm 104:33-34

Scripture Focus: Psalm 104

An Eastern Phoebe built her nest on the unused rain gutter at the end of our mobile home. We tried to discourage her when she and her mate brought the first bits of grass to the gutter under the new roof over. But they weren't to be dissuaded. We stopped knocking the nest off, figuring it was a small sacrifice for us.

Psalm 104 shows that God provides water for the animals, grass for cattle and even places for birds to nest. The psalmist, moved by God's compassion to creatures, sang, "May the glory of the LORD endure forever" (vs. 31a). The psalm draws to an end saying, "May sinners vanish from the earth and the wicked be no more" (vs. 35). Those words deserve a second look.

Jesus came as a sacrifice so that people could have a place of refuge to run to. And His sacrifice was no small one. But it was given once and for all - a perfect life given for you and me, sinners and evil to our very core. For all whom the Lord has chosen, His great sacrifice is enough to cover all our sins. May you too be welcomed into the body of believers in Jesus.

Insight: "O! To be like thee, full of compassion, loving, forgiving, tender and kind." (Thomas O. Chisholm)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:25 pm

Date: December 21, 2016 at 2:18 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Thirsty?

Thirsty?

"Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:8-9

Scripture Focus: Psalm 107

Have you read the story in the New Testament about Jesus during the Feast of Tabernacles (John 7)? The people commemorated their wilderness walk when leaving Egypt by marching around the altars carrying branches. As they marched the eighth day, the priest would pour water on the altar. Verse 37 says that Jesus cried out, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink." He had the answer to their needs; He stood willing to supply living water.

Desert dwellers know every trickling stream or spring in their area. Those are the places they might need to refill a canteen. Even if they walk for just a few hours, they know to carry water along. This most basic of elements is exactly what we need. There is no other satisfaction for our weary souls than the simple, yet magnificent truth of the Gospel that comes from Jesus Christ, our Living Water. Through Him, there bubbles up in us a continuous spring of living water to share with others.

Need a refill today? Jesus calls out to you, "Come to me and drink."

Insight: Jesus satisfies the thirsty and will fill you until you become a river, flowing out to bless and refresh others.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 11:32 pm

Date: December 20, 2016 at 1:05 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Be Refreshed Through Praise

Be Refreshed Through Praise

"Let the name of the LORD be praised, both now and forevermore. From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised." Psalm 113:2-3

Scripture Focus: Psalm 55:15-23

Like a fresh spring to the thirsty, this psalm refreshes. When my son was in college, he traveled with a singing group to South Africa and Zimbabwe. The lyrics of one of their songs came from this psalm: "From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised" (vs. 3). Praise brings refreshing and carries us through the day.

If my husband and I wake up on a cool morning, we might decide to hike into the desert near our house. But as the day heats up, we become thirsty, and the need for water is real. Our spiritual life is something like that. All seems well, so when someone says something negative or critical, we are unprepared. When what started as a perfect day ends with tragedy, we grasp for something - Someone - to hold onto.

Singing or beginning to praise the Lord can bring about a change of attitude. He knows the ache of your heart, the high points and low points of your day. He came and lived a life in your world to identify with you. That alone is cause for praise!

Insight: "Spring up, o well, within my soul. Spring up...and make me whole. Spring up, o well, and give to me, that life abundantly." ... (L. Casebolt)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 12:30 am

Date: December 18, 2016 at 11:24 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Well-Lit Path

The Well-Lit Path

"I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." PSALM 119:104-105

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:104-112

Solar energy is growing more popular all the time, especially in the sunny southwestern areas of the United States. The elementary school in our Daughter went to had large panels installed on its roof. The blazing sun beating on those panels stores enough energy to power computers, lights, sound equipment and other needs of all the teachers and students there. Today solar lights up the pathway at my own house ensure that I know where I'm going in the dark and won't likely stumble over a something.

As amazing as solar power is, we know the true Light of the World: Jesus Christ. His power goes beyond all of our imagination. His light has gone out to the very ends of the earth. His Word lights the path we walk in a world of darkness and temptation. His faithfulness shines on our spiritual pathways. We might be impressed with stored solar energy, but we can say with greater wonder along with David, "How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you" (Psalm 31:19). Try to grasp how much Jesus loves you!

Insight: Let's walk on the narrow path that is lit by the goodness and grace of Christ Jesus.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 11:46 pm

Date: December 16, 2016 at 12:14 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Backstage

Backstage

"And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route" Matthew 2:12

Scripture Focus: Psalm 118:19-24

When the Lord told the Magi to return to their own land and avoid Herod, their suspicion would be confirmed: most of Israel overlooked the coming of the Messiah. Instead, it was to these gentiles, complete strangers to the God of Israel, that salvation was revealed.

While behind the scenes Herod frantically sought to stamp out Christ, the wise men returned to their country and undoubtedly told their people of the astounding journey they'd had. God directed each scene in the story, spreading the seeds of the gospel far and wide. He would employ unadorned shepherds and dignified wise men, turning their hearts to Him. In the same way God wields our hearts so that we will know Him, love Him, live for Him, and one day be with Him. He pulls on our hearts, causing us to utter with the poet: “And is it true?”

And is it true, this most tremendous tale of all, Seen in a stained-glass window's hue, a baby in an ox's stall? The Maker of the stars and sea become a child on earth for me? (John Betjeman)“

Yes! It's true!

Insight: He is present with us, and that is the greatest present of all.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 11:30 pm

Date: December 14, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Topic: +DEV+ His Unfailing Love

His Unfailing Love

"Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD; O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins...who could stand?" PSALM 130:1-3

SCRIPTURE FOCUS: Psalm 130

When I read this psalm, my heart breaks for those who have not yielded their lives to Christ. Almost every week I read in the news of a famous movie star or rich and influential person who takes his/her life. This world simply held no hope for them. The psalmist recognizes that on our own merits, we could never stand before the Lord. There is nothing we can do - no riches we can amass or accolades we can earn - that will redeem us or save us. God has provided the redemption we need.

When Jesus stepped from glory and became a baby in Bethlehem, He made a way for us to be saved. God's rescue plan that His Word told of since the beginning of the world was set in motion. Now, when we acknowledge our sinfulness and inability to change on our own, we grasp the truth that only Jesus can make a lasting difference in our lives.

At that point, "out of the depths," as this psalm begins, we invite Jesus into our hearts. His redemption overshadows us; we have a place of hope and peace we'd never known in the past.

Insight: Only in Jesus' unfailing love and forgiveness do we have hope.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 1:08 pm

Date: December 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Feast For Christmas

A Feast For Christmas

"And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice..., 'Come, gather together
for the great supper of God.'" (Revelation 19:17)

Scripture Focus: Luke 14:15-24

Traditionally, we have enjoyed quite a feast on Christmas Day. With a very large extended family and the delicious food we all bring, no one goes away hungry. Family members have also shown compassionate hearts, each year inviting guests who may have no other place to celebrate to join us in celebration of Christ's birth.

Yet for many people, Christmas Day will not be as I have described. Whether this day brings great joy or is only a reminder of great disappointment, there is hope: the Lord has planned an even greater banquet for His children in heaven someday. This feast will be more wondrous than any of us could imagine, because we will be eating in the presence of the Lord Himself! And we will do so in the place of "no more death or mourning or crying or pain" (Revelation 21:4).

Whether you are joyously feasting with others today or are wishing that you were, may you look ahead to an even greater feast that is being prepared for those placing their trust in Christ the Savior, the One who was born today!

Insight: "Come to the table and sit down beside Him, the Savior wants you to join in the feast." (Michael Card, 1988)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 12 Dec 2016, 10:34 pm

Date: December 11, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Enemy's Snare

The Enemy's Snare

"My eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD; in you I take refuge – do not give me over to death. Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, from the traps set by evildoers." PSALM 141:8-9

SCRIPTURE FOCUS: Psalm 141

Several years ago I interviewed a gentleman who had lived much of his life outdoors. Through the years, he had trapped enough animal pelts to provide well for his family. He explained how to set a snare for birds and small game. He said it had to do with tricking the animal with bait made of morsels of meat or with bait that had certain smells.

The enemy of our souls sets snares for us, too. How many times have we been tricked and lured by things that take us far away from God? The bait Satan uses is attractive and draws us toward a deadly trap of self-reliance and pride. It's the same gimmick he has been using since the very beginning of time in the Garden of Eden. We know how the events of that day resulted in death.

But the rest of the Bible contains words of hope and life. Psalm 141 reminds us that the Lord is our refuge. Our loving God will see us through. Jesus makes the difference for us. He has provided salvation and sent the Holy Spirit to give us refuge in our time of need. Run to Him!

Insight: You can trust God to direct your footsteps on a path around or through land infested with the enemy's snares.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 7:29 pm

Date: December 8, 2016 at 12:34 AM
Topic: +DEV+ WORDS FOR EVERY DAY

WORDS FOR EVERY DAY

"Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:2-3

Scripture Focus: Psalm 145

In an early morning phone call, I learned that a friend had passed away. Only a couple of weeks earlier, he had developed a cough and when it didn't improve, he called the doctor. After examining him, the doctor told him he had just a short time to live. His response was, "Praise the Lord! You've given me good news." As he took his final breath, "Praise the Lord!" were the last words he spoke.

Would those be your thoughts if you were told you had a few weeks to live? Many of us hold on tightly to this world, clinging to what we think fulfills us and makes us happy. The only thing truly worth clinging to is Jesus Christ. His faithfulness and grace outweigh any of the good gifts this world has to offer. The Bible shows Him to us so that we are drawn to His goodness and compassion. His kindness leads us to repentance.

None of us knows which day will be our last. But we do know the name of our Father and Lord, the name we can praise through each day of life He grants us, right to the very end.

Insight: With eyes of compassion, Jesus reached out to broken people of the earth. He continues to hold us. He is worthy of praise!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 5:02 pm

Date: December 5, 2016 at 1:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Mighty to Save

Mighty to Save

"When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd." Matthew 9:36

Scripture Focus: Luke 4:16-21

In Matthew's Gospel the word "compassion" is used four times to refer to Jesus' consideration of others (9:36, 14:14, 15:32, 20:34). The other Gospel books also record examples of His compassion. You cannot read the accounts of Jesus' earthly ministry without seeing that the incarnate Son of God was, indeed, human, imbued with and moved by His emotions.

Only one Person could ever look at a sea of humanity and be justified if He'd looked with judgment and condemnation - the perfect and holy Son of God. He knew what was in the heart of every person He saw (John 2:25). Fully aware of the sin in each fallen heart, Jesus' heart beat with tenderness and pity.

And only one Person could look and see those same crowds with the compassion that recognized them as "harassed and helpless" and do something about it. In the eternal fellowship of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit, Jesus left heaven, became Man, taught, healed, and proclaimed His kingdom. Then He died in our place that we might
be set free.

Insight: "He became what we are so that He might make us what He is." (Athanasius of Alexandria)

Michael D. Inman

Date: December 6, 2016 at 1:47 AM
Topic: +DEV+ No Limit

No Limit

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:1-2

Scripture Focus: Romans 8

Matthew 12 and Mark 3 speak of an unpardonable sin. It's an idea that is often misunderstood. It is exactly that: unforgivable, because it is to die refusing to acknowledge Jesus as Savior and Lord. Other than that, there is not a sin we can commit on this earth that Jesus cannot save us from. Heaven will have stories of men and women saved from lives that were full of sin.

Over his or her Christian life, every believer matures to an ever-deepening awareness of sin. Like Paul in Romans 7, we may encounter bouts of anguish, lamenting our past sins. The sins of our past haunt us because we see Christ as more and more holy. However, as preachers say, praise God for Romans 8! We are no longer condemned by our sins, and we exult in our Christ-won freedom. Christ's blood knows no limit to its cleansing power.

Insight: Would you be free from your burden of sin? There's power in the blood, power in the blood. (Lewis Ellis Jones, 1899)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 4:47 pm

Date: December 2, 2016 at 12:55 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Biggest Problem

The Biggest Problem

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it, Earth and sky fled from his presence, and
there was no place for them." Revelation 20:11

Scripture Focus: Revelation 20:11-15

Recently, I met a young man I'll call “Matt.” He had just been released from jail an hour before and was now waiting for a ride to pick him up and take him home. He was only 19 years old but had already been in and out of jail for various offenses. We talked candidly about where all this was leading. He was surprised when I told him a life of drugs and the possibility of prison were not his biggest problems.

That day I shared with Doug that his biggest difficulty was not earthly authorities. Rather, the problem is that he was guilty before God. He was living his life on spiritual death row - it was just a matter of time. But then I told him he could be forgiven and set free through Jesus.

All of us will stand before the judgment seat of God. If you are a believer, you have nothing to fear. When you were born again, your sins - past, present, and future - were all forgiven through Jesus' atoning death on the cross. Your name and mine are entered into the book of life, and they're written in permanent ink.

Insight: Oh! precious is the flow; that makes me white as snow; no other fount I know,/nothing but the blood of Jesus. (Robert Lowry, 1876)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:42 pm

Date: December 1, 2016 at 1:04 AM
Topic: +DEV+ How Bad Is Sin?

How Bad Is Sin?

"I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin." Psalm 38:18

Scripture Focus: Psalm 38

In this psalm David cries out to the Lord, lamenting the misery of his sin. Jonathan Edwards, in his famous sermon Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God, described sin as "the ruin and misery of the soul; it is destructive in its nature; and if God should leave it without restraint, there would need nothing else to make the soul perfectly miserable."

Sin ruins us. It destroys us and draws us away from the One who made us. The hidden offenses as well as the overt sins chip away at the beautiful creation God intended us to be. As ruinous as sin is to us, David had the right idea: confession, repentance, and looking to the Lord alone for mercy. Praise God that the One we offend is also the One quick to forgive our sins and heal our self-inflicted miseries.

The fact that sin is so awful on us mentally, physically, and spiritually is in itself a blessing. These are the pains we need to humble us and make us look up to God. Jesus befriends us at our worst, and when He does, He makes us purer than we ever thought possible.

Insight: Jesus' offer still stands, telling us, "come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 9:19 pm

Date: November 30, 2016 at 3:54 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Sin and Salvation

Sin and Salvation

"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away
the sin of the world!" John 1:29

Scripture Focus: John 1:29-34

In an article called "Cosmic Treason," theologian R.C. Sproul writes, "When we look at the ways in which the Scriptures describe sin, three stand out in importance. First, sin is a debt; second, it is an expression of enmity; third, it is depicted as a crime."

Sin is a debt we owe which we could never pay, to a God who is under no obligation to offer us terms to pay it back if we could. Second, sin is enmity. We, each of our own choosing, have lashed out at our Creator regardless of His beauty, kindness, and authority. Third, we are all criminals, guilty of breaking God's Law. Against Him we perpetrate these crimes. He deserves justice, just as we would were someone to commit a crime against us.

Paraphrasing John 1:29 with these terms helps us to consider more fully what Jesus has done. Look! The Lamb of God, who pays our un-payable debt, who comes and brings peace between sworn enemies, and who Himself, though innocent, is condemned and punished as guilty for the crimes and cosmic treason
of the world!

Insight: "But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ..." (Ephesians 2:4-5)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top