Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Yesterday at 9:06 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Yesterday at 8:58 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Yesterday at 8:08 pm by Admin

» WND EXCLUSIVE
Yesterday at 5:57 pm by Admin

»  Hal Lindsey: IS THE GREAT DECEPTION HERE?
Yesterday at 5:50 pm by Admin

» LIVE: Vice President Mike Pence speech at the Knesset
Yesterday at 3:47 pm by Admin

» Hillsong United - "Oceans" (Live show at Caesarea)
Yesterday at 3:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Yesterday at 3:22 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 2:29 pm by Admin

» He’s dead: Top al-Qaida terrorist leader killed in Syria
Yesterday at 1:02 am by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 12:49 am by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Yesterday at 12:47 am by Admin

» THE MASTERS LIST Dean W. Masters
Yesterday at 12:23 am by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Sun 21 Jan 2018, 11:47 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Sun 21 Jan 2018, 11:35 pm by Admin

» White House slams Palestinian negotiator’s ‘inaccurate, misleading’ peace plan
Sun 21 Jan 2018, 11:22 pm by Admin

» Bombshell: Classified FISA memo could be ‘ObamaGate’ worse than Watergate
Sun 21 Jan 2018, 12:45 pm by Admin

» STATE DEMANDS PREACHERS GET PERMISSION TO SPEAK
Sat 20 Jan 2018, 11:04 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:57 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:47 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Post  Admin Yesterday at 8:58 pm

Date: January 22, 2018 at 3:59 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Every Day is a Journal Page

Every Day is a Journal Page

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross..." Hebrews 12:2a

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 12

Society teaches us constantly that we are the masters of our destiny, that we are what we make of ourselves, that we write the script. Those notions really stroke the ego, don't they? Knowing Jesus Christ as our Savior, however, shows us otherwise. Christianity is not about me and what I make of myself; it's about Christ and what He has done for me. He is the author of my faith; He has known each word before it is even on my tongue; all my days were ordained in His book before a single one of them came to be. With the prophet Jeremiah we learn to say, "I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps" (Jeremiah 10:23). Those lessons come to us over time when our best-laid plans fail and we are forced down other paths. Instead of feeling that we write the Story of our lives, we see that every day is a journal page-a record of all the Lord has done for us. With our eyes fixed on Him (not on ourselves), He carries us through and writes us into the wondrous plan of His kingdom.

Insight: You can't write your own destiny; God has numbered each of your days even before you lived a single one of them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 10:24 pm

Michael Inman

Jan 19 at 8:18 AM

Date: January 19, 2018 at 2:16 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Louder than Words
Louder than Words

"A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered."  Proverbs 17:27

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 17:27
When I talk with believing friends about sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, I find that a great fear is of saying the wrong words. We worry we won't have answers or that we'll be tongue-tied. Peter's charge for us to "always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have" (1 Peter 3:15) seems daunting. But think of the comfort we have at two levels. First, it is Peter, of all people, urging us to be prepared to speak out about Jesus. Peter would certainly remember being caught off guard when asked if he was one of Jesus' followers (John 18:15-18). If the Lord restored Peter in his denial of Him, surely He will restore me, too, in my reluctance (a form of denial, really) to speak out for Christ. Secondly, Peter tells us to set apart Christ as Lord in our hearts (1 Peter 3:15). What will come out as my words must start first in my heart. God put His Word into action through a person, Jesus, and that action has spoken to all people much more loudly than words!

Insight: "At all times preach the Gospel; if necessary, use words." - Unknown

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 7:42 pm

Michael Inman

Jan 18 at 7:46 AM

Date: January 18, 2018 at 1:45 AM

Topic: +DEV+. You Are a Letter

You Are a Letter

"You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."  2 Corinthians 3:2-3
Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 3

When you write a letter of recommendation for someone, you try to promote the person's strengths. A good letter of recommendation may get him the foothold in business or elsewhere that he's hoping for. Paul's words to the believers in Corinth were remarkable since they had not exactly been loyal (1 Corinthians 1:10-17) or commendable (1 Corinthians 3) in their behavior. Despite the Corinthians' failures, Paul is certain of the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives, saying that their best letter of recommendation is themselves. It's a letter "known and read by everybody" (vs. 2), without Paul pushing them into the limelight at all. Everything they do as followers of Jesus Christ testifies to His transforming grace in their lives. Do you see how we are the visible commendation of Jesus, too? We are a walking letter of testimony to Him! Without even using words, and often despite our sin, we give praise to Him. And we can be confident in this because Jesus Christ has washed us with His blood and presented us as His own.

Insight: I want to be not a letter that promotes me and my accomplishments, but a letter for Christ that calls out "Hallelujah" to Him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 1:27 am

Date: January 17, 2018 at 2:11 AM

Topic: +DEV+. First Words

First Words

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men." John 1:3-4

Scripture Focus: John 1

Have you known the joy of hearing a little child's first word? When that sweet voice makes its first utterance, there is much rejoicing, even if the word is inarticulate. Imagine hearing the sound of the first words at the beginning of time, words which spoke the whole universe into being! With authority we can't begin to fathom, the first words bid the creation of light, sky, water, sun and moon, living creatures, vegetation, and people. Clear and commanding, these first words were recognized throughout time by each created thing. The Bible tells of times when the sun did not give its light; when water flowed or parted or stopped; when plants withered or burst forth; when waves, wind and stars obeyed; when animals opened their mouths to speak; when men, women or children heard that same voice and knew instantly to say to their Creator, "Yes, Lord?" His voice calls to you, too. Joyfully welcome it because the Word, Jesus Christ, was with God in the beginning, creating everything in its vast array, calling you as one of His own.

Insight: May we affirm the words of the contemporary hymn that "ancient words, ever true,[are] changing me, changing you" (Lynn De Shazo, 2001).

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:31 pm

Michael Inman

Jan 16 at 8:45 PM

Date: January 16, 2018 at 1:55 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Better is One Word

Better is One Word

"The Lord announced the word, and great was the company of those who proclaimed it." Psalm 68:11

Scripture Focus: Psalm 68

The third verse of "A Mighty Fortress is our God" speaks of the world's evils and of their threat to undo Christ followers. Martin Luther's hymn sings out that we need not fear the prince of darkness because "one little word shall fell him." Do you wonder what that "little word" is? There is only one word that causes demons to shutter, one word greater than every earthly influence: Jesus. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). Jesus is the "little word" that we proclaim and magnify! Countless words have been written and spoken that impress, enlighten, and entertain. But none is so sweet or so mighty, so complete or magnificent as the name of Jesus. A contemporary children's song by Keith and Kristyn Getty affirms the heart of the believer with these words: Better is one word from Jesus than a thousand I could say; better is one step with Jesus than a thousand another way. Won't you step beside me in this series as we meditate on The Word and on our words?

Insight: What word in this world could be worth clinging to other than the name of Jesus? I want no other!

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 9:06 pm

Michael Inman

Jan 15 at 8:09 AM

Date: January 15, 2018 at 2:05 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Actively Waiting in Hope

Actively Waiting in Hope

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning." Psalm 130:5-6

Scripture Focus: Psalm 130:5-6

When I know that I have to do something, I generaly like to get it done as quickly as possible. But I do not enjoy long periods of waiting. There are several things I dislike about it. I don't have an end date; I could wait more patiently if I knew how long it would last! I tend to look in hope to an event-not to the Lord-so I grow agitated. I get bogged down in the "what if's," like "What if this situation or person never changes?" Also, I grow anxious that resolution will be too late or will never come at all. While I wait, I feel like I should be doing something, Our reading reminds us that waiting in hope is doing something. It means actively remembering the Lord's great love, His compassions, His faithfulness. It means actively seeking-digging into His Word, quieting ourselves to hear His voice. It means actively watching for God's salvation in His time. It means actively saying, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him" (Lamentations 3:24). He gives us grace for today and renews it every morning.

Insight: God has an end date-but his timing may not be our timing. And when his purpose is accomplished, the waiting will end!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 1:56 pm

Date: January 12, 2018 at 1:34 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Rejoicing in Hope and Heat

Rejoicing in Hope and Heat
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:2b-4
Scripture Focus: Romans 5
The book Green Leaf in Drought by Isobel Kuhn tells the true account of Arthur and Wilda Mathews and their daughter, Lilah, a young missionary family sent to China with China Inland Mission in 1950. They arrived just as other CIM missionaries fled the cruelty of the newly formed People's Republic of China. Soon the Mathews family and a few others were held by the Red Regime, which deliberately tried to starve them. After two years of praying for escape, they read in Ephesians 5:10, "find out what pleases the Lord." They saw that Jesus "had left heaven not [merely] submitting to the will of God, but delighting in it," and they prayed for the desire to remain and to rejoice in their sufferings. Romans 5:1-2a is rich with the blessings we enjoy in Christ: being justified through faith, knowing peace with God, having access by faith and His grace. It also says that "we rejoice in hope," by way of an unexpected courier-suffering! When the heat of trials is turned up, it produces what we need: perseverance, character, and finally, hope.

Insight: When we see suffering as a process ending in hope, not only can we submit to the will of God, but also we delight in it.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 7:17 pm

Date: January 11, 2018 at 1:33 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Hope of a New Shoot

Hope of a New Shoot

"At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail." Job 14:7

Scripture Focus: Job 14
Tramping through the wooded area around our home to see what needed to be tended, I came across a diseased and dying holly tree. I thought sadly, "We'll have to cut this one down." Then I glanced down at the base of the tree and saw several new shoots springing up through the forest floor. My sorrow at needing to cut down the dying tree gave way to hope at the sight of new life sprouting. Think of the family tree of humanity in Adam. It's diseased and dying in sin. Our first parent sinned, and "as in Adam, all die" (1 Corinthians 15:22). Generation after generation was cut down, and the shoots that sprouted from their stumps were sin-sick as well. But the prophet Isaiah promised the hope of a new Shoot, One born from the stump of the old humanity, but who was not diseased with sin-One that will not fail. It would be One who would bear new fruit and remove the sin disease of His offspring. We are the shoots born of the Spirit into a new family tree in Christ, growing into His likeness. Thank Him today for new life!

Insight: "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 12:09 am

Date: January 3, 2018 at 12:33 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Hope in the Wasteland

Hope in the Wasteland

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 43

Does your mind wander in the wasteland of past sins? Sometimes I dwell on the careless, unwise or fear-filled words that I've use to hurt loved ones. Or I ruminate on poor choices that have affected my life. When I do that, I feel useless, benched by God and even deserving to sit out the game. I think, "How could God possibly want me on His team?" We may feel like our past mistakes have disabled or disqualified us to minister to others. But we couldn't be more wrong. In fact, our wilderness time-out can have the transforming power to equip us for that very purpose! If we repent and turn from those things that have brought shame, God can use them to produce in us a new humility. We can teach others with gentleness and encourage them with understanding. God opened a new and living way to Himself through His Son, Jesus. Through Him we can drink from the streams of His forgiveness and grace, leading others to do so as well. See, He is doing a new thing with your past, no matter how much of a wasteland it has been!

INSIGHT: “Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

Michael D. Inman

Date: January 9, 2018 at 10:05 PM

Topic: +DEV+. Hope Alignment

Hope Alignment

"And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ." Ephesians 1:9-10

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 1:9-10

I love our big Suburban for two reasons: it can haul stuff easily and seat many people comfortably. Seems like that car can handle anything. But as much as I love it, it's more than I can handle sometimes. I regularly need a wheel alignment from running it up on the curb, and I have had more than one close encounter with garage doors or barriers in drive-up lanes. The problem is that I have trouble aligning my narrow perspective with the width of my vehicle! Prayer is the way we align our limited perspective with God's vast wisdom, will and purposes. How easily our controlling desires within, guilt over sins behind or fear over the future ahead can skew our peripheral vision, creating a blind spot to what God is doing on the outer edges of our lane. Our distorted vision needs to be corrected daily! When we pray as Jesus taught us, we're asking our Father, "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." We're aligning our present hopes with God's Kingdom purposes here on earth and in heaven.

Insight: When you're experiencing blind spots in you're here-and-now vision, ask Jesus to help you align your limited viewpoint with his expansive, eternal one!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:20 am

Date: January 8, 2018 at 2:35 PM

Topic: +DEV+ Jesus on the Run
Jesus on the Run

"[He] took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: Out of Egypt I called my son." Matthew 2:14-15

Scripture Focus: Matthew 2
Jesus, as head of the new Israel, was called to experience and fulfill all Israel's
in-between's. This is a pattern evident in Jesus' life, starting with His own escape to Egypt and carrying through His entire life and ministry. Not only did He experience our human in-between-ness (our frailty as we journey between this life and the next), He also relived Israel's pilgrim history and obeyed perfectly. He experienced hunger and temptation in the wilderness without sinning. Beyond that, He claims to be the bread from heaven. In this text, we see Jesus reliving the Exodus, and in the Gospel of John Jesus claims to be the Exodus. He's the way out of sin and the only path to God. As a member of the new Israel, the body of Christ, the church, we get to experience our in-between-ness through our spiritual head, Jesus. He has gone before us to unite us with Him and to lead us home. The certainty of our heavenly destination helps us endure difficulties, find joy, and invite others to this amazing journey of faith.

Insight: "And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, The author and perfecter of our faith." (Hebrews 12:1b-2a)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 04 Jan 2018, 12:08 pm

Date: January 4, 2018 at 2:28 AM

Topic: +DEV+ Hope for the Future

Hope for the Future

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control," Philippians 3:20-21a

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3

I've tried to understand the appeal of many reality TV shows. They supposedly give us a glimpse into someone else's "actual" home life. Do they really? Even when they are not scripted and staged, I struggle to find the hope or meaningful truth in this selective reality.

However, there is a vision of another reality that holds out both hope and wonder for me, and that is of my true home in heaven. I caught a glimpse of it in the passing of my father on Christmas Day, knowing that heaven's joys are now his present reality. I see a sneak peek into my future family life when I view church siblings, unscripted and unstaged, sacrificially caring for each other with the love of Christ. I experience the preview for heaven's choir when I raise my voice with others in hymns that lift Jesus high.
"I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find until after death, I must make it the main object of life to press on to that other country and help others to do the same" (C.S. Lewis).

Insight: Helping others to glimpse their future reality in heaven is the gift of true hope we can hold out to one another here and now.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 12:41 am

Date: January 1, 2018 at 9:43 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Harvest

The Harvest

"Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field'" (Matthew 9:37-38).
Scripture Focus: Matthew 9:35-38

The beginning of the New Year is always a time of renewal and resolution. For me it's a reminder of a spiritual field ripe for harvest...many are waiting to hear and accept Jesus and His love. First century Christians were consumed with thoughts of the harvest and exhibited an intense passion for Christ and for serving Him with their lives. What is it that consumes Christians today? Probably not bringing our neighbors the news of the gospel. The fields are still ripe, but the granaries are yet to be filled. And there is no absence of harvesting equipment: churches, radio, literature, missions that span the world. Yet, while we focus on bigger buildings and even more dollars to build them, it would seem that the very cutting blades of Christendom are either missing or are so dull that little is being harvested.

Let our prayer be that in this world - confused and tormented as it is - we experience a freshness of God's wind and fire to strengthen and energize us, and to bring many people to the Savior.

Insight: In Our Highly Competitive Culture, We Christians Must Stand Out With A Positive Influence That Comes From Being Fully Devoted Followers Of Christ.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 01 Jan 2018, 6:52 pm

Date: January 1, 2018 at 1:53 AM
Topic: +DEV+  New Year's Eve Prayer

New Year's Eve Prayer

“The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. . . . May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance” (2 Thessalonians 3:3, 5). 
Scripture Focus:2 Thessalonians 3:1-5

The apostle Paul tucked an exquisite jewel into his letter to the Thessalonians believers.  They faced uncertainty and persecution, but Paul prayed, “May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love.” What a wonderful New Year's Eve prayer! 

Are you anxious about what the coming months of the new year will hold? Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Were you wounded from the events of this past year? Are you still suffering the pain? Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Have you lost a loved one?  Does loneliness hang like a cloud over even the brightest days?  Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Are you thankful for the goodness and mercy the Lord has shown you this year? Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Do you long to serve Him more faithfully in the new year? Do you desire to share His love with others more effectively in the coming months? Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Insight: Praise God for the glorious night so long ago when love came down from heaven. 

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 9:46 pm

Just a note to all my subscribers; 

On Dec 25th at approximately 1:00PM my dad Phillip Inman Passed away He was 86 years young. His 3 Children Deborah Reece, Carrie Inman and Michael Inman Survive him. He will be missed, but he is in Heaven with Mom who left us more than 20 years ago. I am sure they are together now in each others arms at the feet of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We will some day join them via death or rapture of the Church. As I used to say when we finished a phone call:  Here, There, or in the air! What a reunion that will be!

Date: December 27, 2017 at 9:10 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Do You Believe

Do You Believe

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me ... to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor..." (Isaiah 61:1-2)

Scripture Focus: Luke 4:14-30

Sometimes the unexpected surprises us so much that we doubt our senses. The dead Marley appeared to A Christmas Carol's Scrooge in both sight and sound, but Scrooge refused to believe. So he said to the spirit, "There's more gravy than of grave about you." Truthfully, Marley's spirit grasped what life is about better than Scrooge did. Finally, Scrooge acknowledged the visitor and gained a transformed life from what 
he learned. 

God told His people throughout history that He had a plan to save them. The prophet Isaiah described the coming Savior in detail. Yet when He actually appeared, they could not see the reality of who Jesus was. They were somewhat like Scrooge, seeing in Jesus more of "Joseph's son" than of the long-awaited Messiah. Although some spoke well of Him, the thought of this man, whom they watched grow up, truly being the Messiah was unthinkable. Their reasoning took over; they doubted, resisted the Spirit, and missed God's wondrous blessing. We have no reason to doubt - Jesus is Who He says He is!

Insight: Transformation is available for each of us through Christ. The Savior's birth is truth!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 4:15 pm

Rev. Michael D. Inman 

Dec 26 at 5:29 AM

Date: December 26, 2017 at 3:52 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Creation's Message

Creation's Message

"How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures... May the glory of the Lord endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in his works."  (Psalm 104:24, 31)
Scripture Focus: Genesis 1;  Colossians 1:15-20

From the beginning of time God has communicated through creation. Just look at what it shouts to us about Him: the planets in perfect alignment; the earth, perfectly fitted and tilted on its axis; the sun, not too far and not too close; the natural cycle of water; predictable seasons and profuse variety of plant life; the animal world in its complexity of balance and form. What message does such a magnificent creation give about its Creator? That He is perfection in every way - in knowledge, skill, care, and character. Not once has spring followed summer or the earth tipped off its axis. Creation came from God's perfect knowledge and skill and is sustained through His perfect care. 

Scripture also tells us that God's Son was intimately involved in our creation, that "by Him all things were created," and that “He is before all things and in Him all things hold together" (Colossians 1:16-17). The same Jesus who came to earth as a tiny baby was with the Father in the creation of this world and of you. Let's delight in the wonder of that throughout this Christmas season.

Insight: We Think Of Jesus Being Born In Bethlehem, But He Is The "Firstborn Over All Creation" - The Very One Who Created And For Whom Creation Was Made

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 11:14 pm

Date: December 25, 2017 at 1:40 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Christmas Scrooge

Christmas Scrooge

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

Scripture Focus: Luke 2:8-20

When our children were young, we enjoyed reading books aloud as a family. Charles Dickens'A Christmas Carol was one of our Christmas favorites. We'd marvel at the incredible change taking place in Mr. Scrooge as his heart was softened by the visiting spirit. While he was shown visions of his past, the reality of his life now, and what would happen in a future without change, Scrooge went from "bah humbug" to "A Merry Christmas" in one night! 

In one night 2,000 years ago, some shepherds experienced a great change as well. They were just minding their flocks when first one angel appeared, and then a whole multitude gave the great news that the long-awaited Savior had been born! 

The Dickens novel is great, but Christmas is really more than an entertaining story; it is THE story of God visiting earth through the birth of Jesus. He spent more than one night here, giving His whole life to change our hearts from the inside out. As you celebrate His visit, may your heart be transformed by His love and grace.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 1:04 am

Date: December 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Celebrate

Celebrate

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118: 24)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 118:15-29

The day before Christmas, and all

through our home

There's excitement and wonder for

festivities to come.

We can bide our time and anticipate, 

or use each day to celebrate! 

Celebration brings to mind the observation of a special event. It can also mean "to praise widely." In our relationship with the Lord, praising Him widely is exactly what the psalmist of today's verse means for daily life. Celebrations - something God Himself instituted back in the Old Testament - are important for remembering special occasions. But we can be celebrating our Lord every day! 

On Christmas Eve when our children would bide their time until the church service was over and gift opening time approached, they needed to be reminded to make use of the day. This reminder is relevant to us today. As we wait for the big day - a time the Lord intends for us to rejoice in as the angels did - we can, make the most of the day while it is still called "today." This would be the perfect time to rejoice in the Lord and be glad in His saving grace!

Insight: When you have time, don't just wait; use it to celebrate!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 12:30 am

Michael D. Inman 

Dec 21 at 6:20 AM

Date: December 30, 2009 at 3:38 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Gifts: Gold, Incense, Myrrh

Gifts: Gold, Incense, Myrrh

"On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts" (Matthew 2:11).
Scripture Focus: Matthew 2:11-15

The wise men came in grandeur with treasures of considerable value for the new King. Their gifts - presented with joy and gratitude - were extravagant, and must have seemed greatly
so to Mary and Joseph living in impoverished Bethlehem. Still these offerings were small compared to the gift God had given. 

Gold would be a standard gift for a king. Frankincense would have been used by a priest. Both of these deeply associated the little tot, Jesus, with being a king and a priest. Myrrh was an expensive spice used for embalming the dead. This priest would grow up not to offer the daily sacrifices but to give His own life once and for all as the ultimate sacrifice. The significance of these presents was immense. Mary and Joseph must have marveled. 

The wise men did not deviate from their quest for the King. Mary and Joseph also were not sidetracked by ideas of royalty embedded in the gifts they received. We must guard ourselves as well so that the glitter of Christmas does not cause us to miss the child born to be the Savior of the world.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:59 pm

Michael D. Inman 

Dec 19 at 8:18 AM

Date: December 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Snow in December

Snow in December

"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow" (Psalm 51:7).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 51:1-12

I don't know if there is anything more beautiful in the world than a farm after a December snowfall. With only the fence posts and the buildings showing, the entire farm is under a beautiful, pure white blanket. It is awesome, something many have seen only on a calendar.

When David was confronted with his sins, he cried out in the 51st Psalm, "Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Christ forgives us and makes us absolutely clean. We stand before him now-not just a calendar photo, but the real thing-as white as the newly fallen snow. 

There are no sins that Christ cannot forgive. His suffering and death paid the price for all of our wrongdoing. When we confess our sins and ask Christ into our lives, His blood washes away our guilt. And when God the Father looks at us, He only sees Christ's covering. Everything is forgiven. 

Snow in December sparkles in the moonlight. Blood-washed saints of God sparkle every day, bringing light into a world of great darkness.

Insight: Thank God for His forgiveness. His mercies are new every morning, and great is His faithfulness.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm

Date: December 15, 2017 at 1:51 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Fruit from Affliction

Fruit from Affliction 

“After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you” (1 Peter 5:10, NASB). 

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 5

God promises fruit from affliction. Often we may not be aware of just how God is using difficulties for good in our lives. Notice how Peter describes how God will use these times: 

First, God is perfecting us. This means He is fitting us properly into His place and His mold for our lives. Though we may not understand what He has in mind for us, we can trust Him to properly adjust us and fit us into His good plan and purpose. He can use even the most painful experience to bring glory to Himself.

Second, He will confirm us. This means God will ground us, fix us firmly on Himself, or cement us on our solid foundation.

Third, He will strengthen us. Here, I believe, is physical strengthening more than anything else. Many have suffered and yet show evidence of God-given power to endure.

Fourth, God will establish us. Here He simply settles us down. We need this inner calmness and stability, especially in time of suffering.

Insight: Praise God for working in your life to work out His good purpose for you - even in a time of suffering. 

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:40 pm

Rev. Michael D. Inman

Dec 13 at 3:25 AM

Date: December 12, 2017 at 9:20 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God's Adequate Comfort

God's Adequate Comfort

“Who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God” (2 Corinthians 1:4, NASB).

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1:1-7

Four times in today's verse we have some form of the word “comfort.” In fact, if you were to underline every time that word is used in the chapter, you would begin to see what God wants us to understand about His comfort.

The apostle Paul acknowledges that we will have affliction or emotional stress, but God reminds us that He is our adequacy for every emotional need. He brings comfort when no one else can.

His comfort is for good reason. He expects that we will learn from it and then reach out to others who need to experience His comfort. Our suffering, while difficult to go through, can be a useful learning experience. We, in turn, can offer with tender authority to others that we have “been there” and have experienced personally the adequacy of God's comfort for the stresses in our lives.

As much as we need to be faithful in passing on the love of Christ through salvation, we also need to pass on the comfort of God to those who are afflicted.

Insight: Thank God for His provision of comfort for you personally. Ask Him to help you pass on this encouragement today to others who are in need.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:24 pm

Michael D. Inman

Dec 12 at 6:51 AM

Date: December 12, 2017 at 12:48 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Delight in God's Consolations

Delight in God's Consolations

“When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Thy consolations delight my soul.” (Psalm 94:19, NASB)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 94:17-19

Unknown to anyone, I was worrying about a decision I had to make. I had prayed about it and was trusting in the Lord about it - to a point. While sitting at my desk that morning, I received a call from one of God's special servants to me. In the course of our conversation, my friend said, “I was reading my Bible this morning and found this verse.” He read to me today's key verse and went on to say, “I thought I'd call and offer it to you. I trust the Lord will use it in your life today.”

What an impact that Scripture has had in my life! I have often shared it with others when they have been confronted by worry and fear.

God knows us so well. He knows that when fear and worry strike, it is multiplied in our hearts. For every “anxious thought” He provides a special consolation. In fact, if we let Him, His consolations “delight” our souls. Even while we are experiencing the uncertainty of life, the complex anxieties, the hurt and pain, God specializes in offering us comfort and delight through His consolations.

Insight: Take a moment and list your anxious thoughts today. Then write Psalm 94:19 over them. Accept the comfort and joy God has in store for you.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 11:04 pm

Date: December 11, 2017 at 1:15 AM
Topic: +DEV+. The God of All Comfort

The God of All Comfort

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles”(2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1

I stood by parents who had just been told that their baby wouldn't live. As we sat quietly and prayed, I was aware that I was unprepared for those “right” words the parents needed to hear.

When we left the hospital I asked if I could talk further with them. That evening, as we sat in their home and talked about both life and death, we each sensed the need for God's comfort.

As I prepared for these moments, today’s key verse stood out to me. I had known God as the Father of comfort, but now I asked Him to be to each of us our God of comfort - of all comfort. We could go nowhere else. That evening we focused on the verse as we prayed together. By the way, the baby lived. God worked through a miracle, and His comfort is cherished by that family today more than ever.

God our Father is the source of encouragement and consolation for all believers under all circumstances. If you are His child, you can fully rely on Him. Open your heart to receive His comfort.

Insight: Whatever test you face today, remember that as His child He offers Himself to you as the One who is compassion, comfort, and encouragement.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 11:01 pm

Date: November 1, 2017 at 2:09 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Delayed Harvest

Delayed Harvest

“Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him” (Psalm 126:5-6).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 126

The church family was truly blessed to have a woman of prayer and gentle ways in their group. Few people knew of the tears she had shed over the years because of the actions of her unsaved husband. Her smile was disarming and her compassion genuine.

When she reached her mid-sixties, her husband's hostility toward her Christianity intensified. When she would go to a quiet place in the house and attempt to spend time with the Lord, he would pound on the pipes and yell at her until she returned to the household duties.

Then one day her husband was hospitalized. When he heard that his diagnosis was inoperable cancer, the scene changed. He wanted her to call for her pastor to pray for him. He did not want to only be saved from eternal separation from God - he wanted to participate fully in the church. His desire to read the Bible and to pray was insatiable. The transformation in his life allowed him not to complain or question God but to die victoriously.

Insight: Trusting God for the impossible is never a challenge to God. It is rather a challenge to our faith.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 10:30 pm

Date: November 21, 2017 at 12:49 AM
Topic: +DEV+  An Anxious Heart

An Anxious Heart

“An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up” (Proverbs 12:25). “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer . . .” (Philippians 4:6). 

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 12:18-28

Who among us has not had anxious moments when our peace fled and our minds chewed on thoughts, like a dog worrying a bone? Those anxious thoughts keep us awake, and we simply can't turn them off. 

When I’m hurting or deeply troubled about a matter, I walk a mile through my neighborhood. As I walk, I talk to the Lord, laying the matter all out before Him. By the time I return home, things look and feel much better.

I have always been an encourager, but there are times when I'm in desperate need of encouragement. As I cry out to God, He meets me at that point of desperation. He may bring to my mind the words of a hymn or point me to a Scripture verse, or He may simply speak through a comment in a phone conversation with a friend.

I’m still learning to let go of a matter and place it squarely in God's hands. I'm still learning to run into His presence when I'm hurting and let Him calm the fears and fill my heart with His gift of peace.
Insight: At the center of anxiety is a core of fear. But there is One who can calm your troubled heart. His name is Jesus.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top