Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» SHOEBAT
Yesterday at 11:27 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Yesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Yesterday at 10:40 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Yesterday at 10:35 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Admin

» Heavy gunfire reported outside royal palace in Riyadh (VIDEOS)
Yesterday at 7:59 pm by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
Yesterday at 7:21 pm by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Yesterday at 6:06 pm by Admin

» EVIDENCE FOR THE RESURRECTION
Yesterday at 5:17 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Yesterday at 4:00 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 3:58 pm by Admin

» George Soros
Yesterday at 3:49 pm by Admin

» OPCW confirms visit to site of alleged chemical attack in Douma, Syria
Yesterday at 3:13 pm by Admin

» Pres TRUMP Welcomes Kim's Nuke Freeze announcement.
Yesterday at 3:01 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:56 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:48 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:22 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 7:09 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My Manna

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Re: My Manna

Post  Admin on Tue 24 Nov 2015, 12:43 pm

My Manna

"If the sun is shining in the morning, I'll do it."
"If he's there when I open the door, I'll know he's the one."
"If I pass the class on world missions, I'll be a missionary. If not, I'll be a local pastor."

We all know better than this, but it's amazing how often scenarios just like these pop into our minds.

Such propositions are referred to as "laying a fleece" before the Lord or "​​​​​​seeking a sign."

The term fleece comes from the account of Gideon.
In Judges 6, Gideon is called by God to deliver Israel from the Midianites.

Gideon questions whether God is even for Israel (verse 13), and he doubts his own ability (verse 15). So he asks God for a sign (verse 17).

God gives him one, then tells him to tear down the altar of Baal.
Gideon is afraid to go during the day, so he goes at night.

Then he questions again whether God will deliver Israel.
This time he puts a lamb's fleece on the ground.

If God will deliver Israel, then the lamb's fleece will be wet in the morning and the ground around it will be dry.

The next morning it is so.

That ought to satisfy him, right?
Wrong!

Wanting to be sure, and hoping that God won't get too mad, Gideon asks Him to do it again, but this time with the opposite result (i.e., the fleece dry and the ground wet).

Not exactly the stuff heroes are made of.

But God answers Gideon's request and then He reduces Gideon's army down to 300 men!

The whole point of the passage is that God, not man, is the deliverer.

God chose a man desperately seeking assurance and reduced an army down to nothing so that the victory would clearly be His.

The fleece wasn't a means of demonstrating faith​.​
​I​t was just the opposite.
And it certainly wasn't used to determine God's will.

God had already told Gideon what to do.

Gideon was questioning the integrity of God-
- just as we do if we ask for a fleece when God has already shown us His will.

"An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign." Matthew 12:39.

As God's people-
Let's seek the face of God.
Let us search the Word of God!

"Lord, forgive me for the times I have looked for sign instead of seeking Your face.
I commit myself today to walk only in the faith revealed in Your Word."
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 21 Nov 2015, 11:22 pm

My Manna

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are theclay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." Isaiah 64:8. 
Early in the last century-- sculptor Gutzon Borglum gazed at thecliffs of South Dakota's Black Hills. 

As any great artist would-He sawwhat no one else could the sculpted faces of US presidents GeorgeWashington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt. 

After 14 years, he finally completed his project-Mount Rushmore.

How in the world did Borglum foresee such a work of art by lookingat a cliff? 

He envisioned-- what those Black Hills could become.

God is envisioning what we are to become in Him!
But in order for the Himto make a beautiful monument of us-- we must allow ourselves to ​​​​​​be moldable​!​

He wants to mold us into the image He desires-His own! 

He wants to chipaway at our rough edges-- and make us into a fine work of art, 
- that all whosee us will be awed and enriched. 

In the hands of a great artist-- we can becreated into incredible works of art that survive the ages, 
- even after wehave passed through this life into the next! 

Let's become moldable in the Father's hands-- and makeHim proud to show off what He's created!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 2:48 pm

My Manna 
"He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name." Philippians 2:8-9.

If you're with Jesus-- you're on the way up!  When Jesus came to the lowest point of emptying Himself-- even the death on the cross, - from that very moment, - everything is higher and higher! This is true with everyone who sides with Lord Jesus too. 
"We are raised up to sit in heavenly places," Ephesians 2:6. "We are built up in the most holy faith," Jude 1:20 . "Therefore hope is laid up for us in heaven," Colossians 1:5. "A crown of righteousness laid up for us," 2 Timothy 4:8. "One day we will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air" 1 Thessalonians 4:17 .  Every reference to the career of Jesus from the point of the cross is always up!​​​​
Now-You have a choice! You can follow the career of the loser!Or you can follow the career of the Lord!!
It's your choice!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:43 pm

My Manna

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers." Philippians 4:6.

Historians will probably call our era “the age of anxiety.” 

​​​​​​Anxiety is the natural result-
- when our hopes are centered in anything short of God and His will for us. 

When we make anything else our goal, frustration and defeat are inevitable. 

Though we have less to worry about than previous generations, we have more worry.
Though we have it easier than our forefathers, we have more uneasiness. 
Though we have less real cause for anxiety than our predecessors, we are inwardly more anxious. 

Calloused hands were the badge of the pioneer-
- but a furrowed brow is the insignia of modern man.

God has never promised to remove all our troubles, problems, and difficulties. 

In fact, sometimes I think the truly committed Christian is in conflict with the society around him more than any other person. 

Society is going in one direction​.
​A​nd the Christian is going in the opposite direction. 

This brings about friction and conflict. 

But God has promised-
- in the midst of trouble and conflict, a genuine peace, a sense of assurance and security, that the worldly person never knows.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil;For You are with me." Psalm 23:4.

"Lord Jesus, teach me to keep my eyes centered on You rather than on myself and my anxieties. Help me to allow You to give me peace of heart and mind today."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:53 pm

My Manna

One of the favorite traditions of this season is to illuminate the night with lights. 

Neighbourhoods, businesses, homes and worship places all burst in patterns of red, green, and white. 
This tradition is well suited to the real celebration of the season. 

The Bible says that when Jesus Christ was born-
- the light came into the world. John 3:19.

In fact, more than 200 times throughout the Bible-
God is described as light. 

Figuratively and literally, whenever God appears, light appears. 

It happened in the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth, and all the way at the end of time when the book of Revelation tells us that in hell there will only be darkness and in heaven there will only be light.

We remember the day in history when Jesus stepped from heaven to earth-
- bringing with Him the light that drives out the darkness in our hearts. 

The Bible says, “In (Christ) was life, and the life was the light of men.” John 1:4.

You may be wondering, what does this have to do with me? 
Or, what does it mean to have the light of life? 

There are many ways to describe the gift that God wants to give you, but let’s start here. 
Ask yourself, “What should I do with the light of the world?”

Jesus said:
“I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12.

The Light exhibits the right way.

Have you ever been in some pitch-black place when you couldn’t even see your hand in front of your face? 
That’s what life is like without Jesus. 

Every person who turns to Jesus Christ sincerely by faith-
He helps find their way out of the darkness. 

If you’ve ever felt lost, alone, and trapped—searching but not finding, Jesus Christ is the light.
If you’ve ever felt cruelly crushed under the wrongs done in this fallen world, Jesus Christ is the light.
If you’ve ever felt perplexed by an issue or circumstance that you can’t figure out, Jesus Christ is the light.

The Light exposes your heart.

Think back to that pitch-black place—now light a candle. 
Suddenly darkness is chased away. 
But it begins by facing the hard reality of who you are: a person in need of God’s grace.

When you come to the light, all that is devious and sour in you is exposed.
When you come to the light, everything that is dirty and shameful in you is exposed.
When you come to the light, all that is dark and sinful in you is exposed.

The darkness of your heart can’t be denied anymore; it can’t be hidden or pushed away. 
But you can’t experience what the light of Jesus Christ offers you until you first let it expose who you really are.

We are all born with a sinful, dark heart. 
That doesn’t change until we first recognize how desperately we need God and how we have broken His law and are under His just condemnation. Romans 3:23. 

When you choose to come to Jesus, the light-- the first thing that happens is that the light exposes your heart.

The Light expels the darkness.

Now for the good news. 
When you expose your heart to the light and you see what you really need, the light of Jesus Christ chases away that darkness that is in your heart.

There is no darkness in any human being that the gospel can’t get to. 
There’s no place where you have been where Jesus’ light can not go. 
There’s no sin that you have fallen into that the light can not overwhelm with grace. 
No sin is so dark that the light of Christ can not penetrate its depths.

What qualifies Jesus for this transaction? 
As God’s Son, He took on all your sin—and the sin of the world—when He died on the cross in your place. 

His blood covered the darkness of sin.
He paid the complete price. 
He deserved none of it but He took all of it. 

Jesus suffered and died to set you free.

Sin offers only suffering, sadness, shame, and slavery. 
But Jesus, the light, brings hope, healing, forgiveness, life, and love. 

It’s your choice. 
Make today the day that you are saved from the darkness of sin. 
Don’t put it off. 

By faith, ask Jesus the Light to come into your life!​For He is the real​​​​ ​D​ivine ​Deepavali!​
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 11:13 pm

My Manna

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.
I have read how, in 1929, business tycoon J.C. Penney was in the hospital because of his severe anxiety. 
One night he was sure he was going to die, so he wrote farewell letters to his wife and son.

But he survived the night, and hearing singing the next morning in the chapel, felt drawn to go in. 
A group was singing, "God will take care of you," after which followed Bible reading and prayer.

Penney said, "Suddenly something happened. I can't explain it. It was a miracle. I felt as if I had been instantly lifted out of the darkness of a dungeon into warm brilliant sunlight. I felt as if I had been transported from hell to paradise. I felt the power of God as I had never felt it before.

"I realized then that I alone was responsible for all my troubles. I knew that God with his love was there to help me. From that day to this, my life has been free from worry. The most dramatic and glorious minutes of my life were those I spent in that chapel that morning."

Most causes of anxiety and worry lie within ourselves. 
At best they are triggered by outside circumstances. 

Only when we admit to and resolve these causes-
- are we free to fully surrender our worries and anxieties to God and experience his peace.

Whether this peace comes instantly or over a period of time doesn't matter. 

The important truth to remember is that God is always there. 
His love and power are constant and available to all. 

As we reach out to Him through the fog of our worry and damaged emotions-
- we discover that He is waiting to help us if only we will be totally open and honest with Him, respond to His love, and give Him the chance to help us.

Every day, visualize Jesus being with you and opening yourself to receive His love, joy and peace. 

The ultimate source of ​​​​worry-free living is found-
- in learning to trust God fully for every detail and in every circumstance of our life.

"Dear God, commit and trust my life and every circumstance in which I find myself to You. I choose to trust You regardless of my feelings, and please help my feelings to catch up with my choice to trust You. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus's name, Amen."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 9:46 pm

My Manna

"Let us not become weary in doing good: for in due season we will reap, if we don't faint."​ ​Galatians 6:9.

Had Thomas Edison not been a man of faith, perseverance and determination-
- we may still be working by gaslight or, 
- at least, it may have been many years before the first electric light was seen.

It has been reported that Edison failed over 6,000 times before perfecting the first electric light bulb.

On one occasion a young journalist challenged Edison saying to him:
"Mr. Edison, why do you keep trying to make light by using electricity when you have failed so many times? Don't you know that gas lights are with us to stay?"

To this Edison replied:
"Young man, don't you realize that I have not failed but have successfully discovered six thousand ways that won't work!"

Because Edison believed an electric light was possible, he refused to give up. 

He tried countless types of material in his search for a filament that would work. 
He sent men to China, Japan, South America, Asia, Jamaica, Ceylon and Burma to search for fibers to test in his laboratory—all to no avail.

On October 21, 1879, after thirteen months of repeated failures-
Edison finally succeeded in finding a filament that would work. 

While experimenting, the thought came to him, "Why not try a carbonized cotton fiber?"

After going through two spools of cotton, he eventually perfected a strand only to break it while trying to place it in a glass tube. 

He still persevered with this idea for two more days and nights without sleep. 

Finally he succeeded in placing a carbonized thread into a vacuum-sealed bulb! 

​​​​Eureka!
It worked.

"Dear God, thank You that You have a mission in life for me to fulfill. Give me the insight to know what it is, the faith to believe You will help me, the courage to attempt to do it, and the perseverance to hang in there and 'not faint' till my life's work is done. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus's name,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 01 Nov 2015, 10:42 pm

My Manna

According to an article in Today in the Word-
"In the spring of 1981, a young man was flown into desolate northern Alaska to photograph the natural beauty and mysteries of the tundra.

He took along 500 rolls of film, several firearms, and 1,400 pounds of provisions.

"As the months passed, the words in his diary changed from wonder and fascination into a nightmare.

In August he wrote-
'I think I should have used more foresight about arranging my departure.
I'll soon find out.'

In November he died in a nameless valley, by a nameless lake, 225 miles northeast of Fairbanks.

An investigation revealed that though he had carefully planned his trip, he had made no provision to be flown out."

Difficult to imagine; isn't it?
How could anyone be so foolish or even forgetful?

He made every provision for his journey except how to get home!
"How tragic," we say.

And yet, how many of us make every provision for life here on earth but no preparation for our departure?

God has warned us in his Word, the Bible, that there is life after death...after which is God's judgment.

And as he warned the nation of Israel to prepare to meet God; He warns us to do the same. Amos 4:12.

We need to do this today.
After death it is too late.

As God's Word also says, "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27.

And how do we prepare to meet God?
By confessing our sins to God and accepting his Son, Jesus, as our personal Lord and Saviour.

Doing this is getting our " Passport to Eternity in Heaven."

"Dear God, please help me to make certain that I don't leave this life without making preparation for life beyond death.
Help me to accept Your provision.
Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus's name, Amen."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 3:12 pm

My Manna

"If you love me keep my commandments." John 14:15.

A ruthless businessman once said to author Mark Twain-
"Before I die I mean to make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. I will climb Mount Sinai and read the Ten Commandments aloud from the top."

"I have a better idea," Twain remarked, "You could stay home here and keep them."

Talk is cheap. 

It's what we do that counts—not what we say—and when our words don't match our actions, we are, as the Apostle Paul put it, as empty vessels and ​​​​​​clanging cymbals​!​

One of the best lessons I learned from one of my many teachers was the written comment he seemed to relish writing in bold red letters in the column of several of my written assignments. 

It simply read, "Show me. Don't tell me." 
I got the message!

I've never forgotten that lesson. 
It really applies to all of life's lessons we want to impart to others—especially to our children! 

Whatever we want to teach others we need to model ourselves before we can make any lasting impact on anybody else.

Otherwise what we say is unbelievable and the only person we deceive in the long run will be ourselves.

As a general rule-
- we teach best that which we ourselves most need to learn. 
And the place to begin modeling what we want to teach is at home!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 11:12 am

My Manna
"They cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He brought them out from their distress; He made the storm be still." Psalm 107:29.

Life is not free of challenges. 
Difficulties and even tragedies are to be expected. 

As a matter of fact, Jesus told His disciples:
“I tell you these things so that you will have peace.In the world, you will have troubles. But take heart, I have overcome the world and all its difficulties.” John 16:33.

Whenever you face tough times-
- your first urge may be to scream: 
“Why?” 

Certain trials do come into our lives because of our own sin-
- but many times they occur when we’re right in the middle of God’s will. 

We’re not doing anything wrong. 
We’re doing what God wants us to do. 

Certainly, that was the case for the disciples. 

Jesus told them to get into the boat and row across the Sea of Galilee. Mark 4:35-41.

They were obeying Jesus when they suddenly found themselves in a horrific storm. 

It was so bad they didn’t even know if they’d survive. 
But, here is the important message from that event – they did survive. 

With the help of Jesus-
- they did survive!

Accept the fact that your life will not be a perfectly smooth ride. 
The road will sometimes have bumps and potholes and sharp turns. 

All roads do. 

Look upon these tragedies and difficulties as part of life. 

Turn to Jesus for guidance and He will lead you as you ride through life’s trials and tribulations.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 21 Oct 2015, 3:36 pm

My Manna

"Dear brothers, I have been talking to you as though you were still just babies in the Christian life..." 1 Corinthians 3:1.

Some people have received Christ but have never reached spiritual maturity. 

They have been in church all their lives, and yet they have never become mature Christians. 

They are considered-
- “spiritual children” and 
- “babes in Christ.” 

They know little Scripture. 
They have little desire to pray, and bear few of the marks of a Christian in their daily living. 

To say, “I will resolve to do better, I will muster all my will power and revise my way of living,” is noble, but futile. 

A corpse could as well say, “I will-through sheer effort-rise out of this coffin and be a living man again.” 

You need a power outside yourself. 
You cannot get over the habits and chains that are binding you. 

You need outside help. 
You need Christ's Lordship.

The Bible tells of a bridge of faith which reaches from the valley of despair to the high hills of glorious hope in Christ.

It tells where we are, but beyond that-it tells where we may be in Christ. 

Now, of course, you will not be completely mature until you are in the presence of Christ, but you should be growing every day as a Christian.

How to grow?
Only by obedience! 

Obedience to God Almighty in every aspect of your life! 
May God help you obey as you seek his help.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 7:11 pm

My Manna

I recently heard a pastor say that the reason he doesn't give an invitation in his sermons for people to accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour, and to follow him, is because Jesus didn't give invitations! 

Yet 21 times that we know about Jesus said to people, "​​​​​​Follow me​!​" 
I don't think you can get a clearer invitation than that.

Jesus not only said in his invitation for people to follow him-
- but that when they did, he would make them fishers of men. 

If you and I are true followers of Jesus-
- we, too, have been commissioned to be fishers of men; 
- that is, to invite and seek to win people to Jesus and to follow him. 

However, how many who claim to be followers of Jesus today are "fishers of men for Jesus," and share some of the gospel-
- but never draw in the net by inviting people to accept Jesus as Saviour and to follow him? Luke 5:10.

As followers of Jesus it is our responsibility to inform people that, according to the words of Jesus, to enter God's heaven, they, like Nicodemus, must be born again—spiritually—otherwise they will never even see the Kingdom of Heaven, let alone enter it.

It is also our responsibility to invite them to accept Jesus as their personal Saviour-- and in so doing receive God's forgiveness and his gift of eternal life.

Jesus also said, "I have come to seek and to save that which was lost."Follow me​!​ Luke 19:10.

In all of our teaching, preaching, and witnessing for Jesus Christ, if we make people feel comfortable with God just because they go to church, but never invite them to follow Jesus and to receive his forgiveness for their sins, we are not only teaching a false, incomplete gospel, but are inadvertently damning people to a lost eternity.

"Dear God, please help me to be a true follower of Jesus and a good 'fisher of men' by introducing people to Jesus and inviting them to accept Him as their personal Lord and Savio​u​r. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, Amen.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 9:24 pm

My Manna  

"God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7.

The greatest blessing of giving is not-
- on the financial side of the ledger 
- but on the spiritual side of a believer 

You receive a sense of being honest with God. 

You receive a consciousness-
- that you are in partnership with God
- that you are doing something constructive
- that you are working with Him to reach the world for Jesus Christ. 

You are also enabled-
- to hold on to this world's goods loosely 
- because the eternal values are always in view. 

How do you give? 
Is it liberally and cheerfully? 
Or is it sparingly and grudgingly? 

If you have been giving God the leftovers of your substance and your life-
- you have been missing the true joy and blessing of Christian giving and living.

"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.Luke 6:38. 

"Forgive me, ‹lmighty God, for so often giving You the leftovers. 
In my heart I know I can never outgive You."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 3:20 pm

My Manna

​"Though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again." Proverbs 24:16.

Sir Edmund Hilary was the first person to conquer Mt. Everest. 

The first time he tried, he failed. 

He was knighted by the Queen of England, and at the gala occasion, on the wall behind the head table, was a huge picture of Mt. Everest. 

The people gave him a standing ovation for even daring to attempt the climb. 

When they ceased applauding-
Hilary turned his back to the audience, faced that picture and said, "Mt. Everest, you have defeated me once and you might defeat me again. But I'm coming back again and again, and I'm going to win because you can't get any bigger, Mt. Everest, and I can."

Great attitude! 

What a difference it would make if we felt the same when we face the mountains in our lives. 

The reality of life is that we often learn more through our failures than we do through our successes. 

Successes are satisfying and they are important to keep us encouraged. 

However, failure is our greatest teacher. 
This is because in every failure there is the opportunity to learn, to grow, and to become stronger, better persons. 

And this is what God wants for each of us-
-​ ​not to beat ourselves up when we fail, 
-​ ​but to grow stronger!

Whatever mountain you are facing at this time of your life—large or small—remember God is right there with you. 

If anything is his will for you, you know that with his help you, too, can say to your mountain​:
"You have defeated me once and you might defeat me again. 
But I'm coming back again and again, and I'm going to win because you can't get any bigger and I can. ​​​​​​Plus God is on my side to help me."

"Dear God, grant me the courage to face every mountain in my life and, with your help, never give up until I conquer each one and learn what you are seeking to teach me. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, Amen."

My Manna

"Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom." Song of Solomon 2:15.

A four-hundred-year-old tree crashed to the forest floor. 

Over the centuries it had been struck by lightning fourteen times, braved great windstorms, and even defied an earthquake. 

In the end-
- however, it was killed by little beetles. 

Boring under the bark, they chewed away its mighty fibers until the giant of the forest lay broken on the ground.

Little things-
- can either make us or break us. 

A little lie, a little theft, a little laziness, a little neglect, a little drink a little too often, a little sarcasm, a little denial here and a little there...bit by bit we can add them all together and eventually hurt or destroy our relationships, our physical and/or mental health, and our walk with God.

On the other hand-
- a little smile, a little deed of kindness, a little encouraging word, a little thoughtful gift, a little phone call, a little bit of love given a lot of times every day can add up to a whole lot of sunshine that we can spread wherever we are and go—and in so doing encourage others, enhance our relationships, improve our physical and mental health, and please the heart of God.

"Dear God, please help me watch the many little things in my life. Help me to clean out all the 'little' sins and self-destructive habits that hurt myself and others, and help me to keep on practicing little acts of love and kindness until they become an everyday habit that will show your love to others and gladden your heart. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, Amen."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 07 Oct 2015, 2:29 pm

My Manna

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:9-11.

There is a Kingdom principle-
I find few others really understand.

The principle is this:
When you focus on serving others-
- your need is often met through God's supernatural law of serving.

I've seen this happen so many times.
The law of sowing and reaping comes into play in this Kingdom principle!

"Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love." Hosea 10:12.

"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:6-9.

Whenever God calls me to serve another person with my time and resources-
I notice how God measures resources back to me from unrelated sources.

Sometimes it comes through an unexpected donation to our ministry or a speaking engagement or a new opportunity.

It is uncanny how this happens consistently when I serve others.

We are never to view people or organizations as competition.

The Bible says that God has already assigned our portion.
We need not have to manipulate outcomes.

"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6.

We don't serve others to get.
However, when we do serve others, there is a Kingdom principle that works on your behalf as fruit of your service.

Is there someone you need to serve today?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Sep 2015, 9:20 pm

My Manna

Some people have the wrong idea about the Christian life!

Once they become believers, they expect smooth sailing.

Yet Jesus made it clear that troubles are ​​inevitable for God's children.

His own life was no exception:
He endured false accusation, rejection by His own people, betrayal by a close friend, and separation from His Father—to name a few.

As His followers-
- we can expect difficulties. 1 Peter 1:3-9.

The cause of tribulation differs with each circumstance.

Some problems arise from the fallen nature of the world-
- while others result from satanic warfare. 

And we can cause our own heartache from ignorance, sin, and poor decisions.

There's also another possibility.
Sometimes God Himself brings trials. 

While this last option is difficult to accept during a painful time-
- the Lord never brings hardship
- unless He has a beautiful purpose. 

And He gives strength to endure.

Remember-
God allows struggles-
-whatever their source​,​
-only for our benefit. 

Perhaps they are to purify and grow us for greater service.
Maybe He has in mind to test our endurance and devotion to Christ, thereby strengthening our trust.
Or He might be revealing His sustaining power.

This side of heaven, we may never know the cause of each challenge.
But we can trust God's ability to deliver and mature us.

What trials are you facing?
Jesus understands your pain​-
A​nd He longs to be the One you cling to through good times and bad.

You can choose to look elsewhere for comfort.
Or you can use your hardship as a source of growth. 

No matter how painful the trial seems-
- don't waste the opportunity! 

My Manna

"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:37-38. 

An estimated 500,000 tons of water go over Niagara Falls every minute.

On March 29, 1948, the falls suddenly stopped.

Those who lived near enough heard the overwhelming silence, and immediately they thought it was a sign – the end of the world had come!

However, after thirty hours had passed – the flow of water resumed.

What happened?

Heavy winds had set the ice fields of Lake Erie in motion and tons of ice had jammed the Niagara River entrance near Buffalo.

The ice blocked the flow of water until finally, there was a shift in the blockage and the river began flowing again.

The river had stopped flowing because of ice.

If we really want the flow of God’s love, peace, joy, and anointing in our lives-
- we cannot allow our hearts to become like ice.

If we do-
His life-giving current will stop.

Let the Lord search your heart for those areas-
- where the ice has built up and needs to thaw out.

He will show you where they are if you ask.

Our hearts should be burning for Him-
- so let the river flow... ​​once again!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 13 Sep 2015, 9:34 pm

My Manna

"He must become greater; I must become less." John 3:30.

There are times when I am doing my devotions that I journal, that is, I keep a diary of what is going on in my life. 

I sometimes look back on that and gain new insight on what I was going through back then. 

I have become more adept at interpreting God's leading and plan for me as I further experience life and receive what He has done. 

By looking back on what we have been through and seeing the hand of God there, we can have greater comfort and encouragement for what we are going through now or even what lies ahead. 

As I gain new insight into my personality and the Lord's working into my issues and problems-
I realize how small they really are compared to my Lord's holiness and greatness. 

Concentrating on Christ and what He has done will lift us up better and more completely than anything else we could ever do. 

It has taught me to look beyond myself and concentrate on Christ. 

We look at God's Word as a mirror to ourselves, into our souls, not to see us, but to see God working in us. 

When we only see ourselves, we see sin, brokenness, failure, self-seeking inclinations, and wrong attitudes. 

We must see God's interests and not our own; then our devotions and journals become tools for us to mature in the faith. 

Christ will become more real in us, as our problems become less.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 3:17 pm

My Manna

"Jesus told him, 'Stand up, roll up your sleeping mat and go on home!' Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up the mat and began walking! But it was on the Sabbath when this miracle was done. So the Jewish leaders objected. They said to the man who was cured, 'You can't work on the Sabbath! It's illegal to carry that sleeping mat!'" John 5:8-10.

Imagine that. 

Jesus healed a man on the Sabbath and the religious leaders "tried all the harder to kill him." 
Tragically, the religious leaders of Jesus' day loved their programs more than they loved people! 

They were expecting the promised Messiah-
- but because he didn't come the way they expected him to come, 
- and didn't do things the way they wanted them done, 
- they wouldn't believe in him and refused to change.

It goes without saying that we live in a world of rapid change. 

We need to hold fast to that which is permanent and eternal-
- but in other areas of life if we don't change, we, too, may miss out and get left behind.

Here's a classic example from the business world: 

From 1900 to 1967, the Swiss were the leading watchmakers in the world. 

In 1967, when digital technology was patented-- the Swiss rejected it in favour of the traditional ball bearings, gears, and mainsprings they had been using to make watches for decades. 

Unfortunately, however, the world was ready for this advance-- and Seiko, a Japanese company, picked up the digital patent and became the leading watch manufacturer in the world almost overnight. 

Fifty thousand of the 67,000 Swiss watchmakers went out of business because they refused to embrace this new technology. 

It was not until years later that the Swiss caught up and regained their position in the marketplace with the creation of Swatch watches!

This principle also applies to each of us in today's marketplace-
- if we don't keep up our training with the needs of today's changing marketplace, again, we may be left behind.

In serving God-
- while our message never changes, 
- our methods of communicating it need to change with the changing times and the changing needs of people or, 
- again, we may get left behind—as many a business, church, and organization has. 

We never changed the message-
- only the way of communicating it. 

Had we not made this change-
- we never could have continued to successfully preach "the gospel to every creature" as Jesus commanded. Mark 16:15.

"Dear God, help me to hold fast to that which is eternal, but be flexible and willing to change where change is needed. And above all help me to be willing to change where you see my need for change and growth. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, Amen."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 9:50 pm

My Manna

"Pray without ceasing."1 Thessalonians 5:17.

Have you ever had one of those days when you had a very important phone call to make and you received a "voice mail" machine answer that after a brief recorded message you were put on hold...then you got the run around...put back on hold...seemingly ad infinitum until you got a real live person to talk to? 

I'm sure you have. 

I did this morning.

What if when we called on God in prayer-
- we got the following answer: 

'Thank you for calling Heaven. 
Your prayer is very important to us. 
Please stay on the line and your prayer will be answered in the order it was received. 
Or, if you would like to leave a prayer request, press '1', and after the sound of the harp state your message clearly, the date and time of your call, your prayer-phone number, and we will reply to you as soon as it is convenient. 
Have a 'God' day!'

Thank God it isn't so. 

As God's Word says:
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15.

"Dear God, thank you that you are always available to all who call on you—to all who are sincere and call on you in truth—and that you always hear and answer these prayers. Gratefully,  in Jesus' name,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm

My Manna 
"When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was."John 11:6.
John 11:6 says when Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick,He stayed away two days longer.

He stayed away from Mary and Martha and Lazarus...longer?
Nobody does that. 

If you hear that someone you love is in trouble-
- you get over to them fast.

Three times in the surrounding verses we read how deeply Jesus loved these three friends.

So why did He stay away?
We can totally understand why Martha’s face had a big question mark-
“Lord if You had been here, my brother would not have died.”

This is the hardest moment in any crisis.

From our perspective-
- the problem is growing,
- the prayers are rising, but
- the provision does not come.

We draw a dotted line from delay to deception and conclude that-
God doesn’t love us and then spend many dark, disappointing nights believing our own lie.

The truth is-
- God doesn’t love the way we love.
What appears unloving may in fact be the greatest kindness of all.

We expect God to work our solution on our timetable.

Can you imagine the complexity of the tapestry God is weaving in the universe?
We’re over here in our limited little corner without a clue about what’s going on in the bigger picture.

Faith says-
- what God is doing is right!
- even when we don’t understand.

I believe the whole tapestry will unfold for us someday!
But for now I have to trust that He is after my good and His glory in every situation.

I must have faith that what appears unloving may in fact be His greatest kindness.

Take hold of this with both hands:
God is at work in your times of crisis.

Whatever is challenging and stretching you right now-
- in your family,
- in your workplace, or
- in your personal walk with God,
He is at work in that.

He is building your faith in every circumstance.
He knows all about that thing that is breaking your heart.

Will you believe He is at work?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 3:18 pm

My Manna

"The blessing of the LORD, it makes rich, and He adds no sorrow with it." Proverbs. 10:22.

Christians can become so addicted to money and to achieving a higher level of living-
- that they lose all perspective and forget what they are really here on earth to accomplish.

Those who live only for the pleasures of the moment stand under the condemnation of Paul's words of 1 Timothy 5:6:
"She that lives in pleasure is dead while she lives."

Many Christians have had the vitality taken from their spiritual life because of their great concern for the things of the world. 

Their lives do not reflect the glorious difference that Christ can make when a believer focuses his attention on eternal values instead of temporal ones.

An important question that every family needs to face is-
- How much money do we need in order to live in the comfort we prescribe for ourselves?

We also need to ask-
- Have we set our standard of comfort too high?

Regrettably, many people have set their standard so high-
- that they have to spend so much time obtaining an income for that level of life that they really have no time to live.

How sad to spend so much time earning a living-
- that you do not have time to enjoy the living!

I am not referring to those who must work long hours just to keep the family fed and clothed.
I am referring to those who have become so addicted to the luxuries of life that they think the luxuries are essential.

Such an attitude greatly affects our spiritual priorities!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 15 Aug 2015, 10:16 pm

My Manna

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it."Amos 8:11-12.

As India celebrates the 15th of August,the Independence day-
- we're often reminded of the price that was paid for our freedom.

But today, in that spirit-
I want to recall a time when a heavy price was paid for a translation of our Bible.

William Tyndale, a 16th century Englishman, translated the Bible into English while living in Germany.
Finally in 1525, he was able to publish a New Testament in English.

But the church authorities at the time were not pleased and they angrily sought to destroy Tyndale and his translation.

Finally, he was caught and brought back to England where he was burned at the stake.

As he was dying, he uttered these words:
"Lord open the eyes of the King of England."

His prayer became a prophecy-
- as it was the King of England, King James,
- who finally did publish the entire Bible in English about a hundred years later.

Our English Bible translations became a reality-
- through William Tyndale's heroic sacrifice and bravery,
- ultimately at the price of his lifeblood.

This Independence day-
- don't let your Bible sit on the shelf gathering dust.

Considering the cost that was paid so you could read it in your native tongue-
- let's all take full advantage of this precious gift.

The freedom that we so enjoy on this day is-
- only a taste of the real freedom we have in Jesus Christ;
- the promise of permanent forgiveness and freedom from sin.

The cost of that freedom was the precious blood of the saviour Jesus.

William Tyndale offered his life so we could read about this spiritual freedom in our own language.

As we celebrate our earthly freedom this Independence Day-
- let's not forget to also give thanks for our eternal liberty that we find in our Lord.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 09 Aug 2015, 9:30 pm

My Manna

“Will a man rob God?Yet you have robbed Me!But you say,‘In what way have we robbed You?’In tithes and offerings.You are cursed with a curse,For you have robbed Me..." Malachi 3:8-10.

You know that-
- the hardest thing for you to give up is your money. 

It represents-
- your time, your energy, your talents, your total personality converted into currency!

We usually hold on to it tenaciously-
- yet it is uncertain in value and we cannot take it into the next world. 

The Scripture teaches that we are stewards for a little while of all we earn. 
If we misuse it, as did the man who buried his talent, it brings upon us the severest judgment of God. 

The tithe is the Lord’s. 
If you use it for yourself, you are robbing God. 

We are to take the tithe as a minimum standard-
- but to go beyond the tithe is an indication of our gratefulness for God’s gifts to us. 

In the midst of sorrow and trouble-
- this life has many blessings and enjoyments which have come from the hand of God. 

Even our capacity for love is a gift from God. 
We show our gratitude by giving back to Him a part of that which He has given to us.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 07 Aug 2015, 8:50 pm

My Manna
Almost every week-I receive at least one letter from someone who'sbeen trapped by pornography over the Internet!

The Internet can beused for great good.But it also can be used for great evil.

And thewidespread availability of pornography over the Internet may be itsgreatest evil.

Realize!The first step is to realize that this is sin in God's eyes. 

It isn'tjust a bad habit, nor is it only something that appeals to your lustsor your craving for excitement. 

It is sin!And you must not excuseit or deny it or say that it doesn't really matter.It is sin!Andthe Bible warns that "after desire has conceived, it gives birth tosin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death." James1:15.

Repent!This is why I urge you to turn to Jesus Christ and open your heart andlife to Him. 

He doesn't love your sin.But He does love you.

And He wants to come into your life and take away your sins and begin tochange you from within. 

Replace!Commit your life to Him.
And then ask Him to fill you and replace everything that is evil or wrong with Hisgoodness and purity. 
"..whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8-9.

Resist!
Then take practical steps to fight this habit. 

Get a program for yourcomputer that will filter out unwanted sites, and use it. 
Move yourcomputer into a place where others can see what you are doing. 
Inaddition, share your problem with a trusted friend who can hold youaccountable for what you watch.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 9:31 pm

My Manna

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers." Philippians 4:6.

Historians will probably call our era “the age of anxiety.”

Anxiety is the natural result-
- when our hopes are centered in anything short of God and His will for us.

When we make anything else our goal-
- frustration and defeat are inevitable.

Though we have less to worry about than previous generations, we have more worry. 
Though we have it easier than our forefathers, we have more uneasiness. 
Though we have less real cause for anxiety than our predecessors, we are inwardly more anxious.

Calloused hands were the badge of the pioneer-
- but a furrowed brow is the signia of modern man.

God has never promised-
- to remove all our troubles, problems, and difficulties.

In fact, sometimes I think the truly committed Christian is in conflict with the society around him more than any other person.

Society is going in one direction.
And the Christian is going in the opposite direction.

This brings about friction and conflict. 

But God has promised-
- in the midst of trouble and conflict, 
-​​​ ​a genuine peace, a sense of assurance and security, 
-​ ​that the worldly person never knows.

"Lord Jesus, teach me to keep my eyes centered on You rather than on myself and my anxieties. Help me to allow You to give me peace of heart and mind today.Amen!"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum