» WND EXCLUSIVE
Today at 1:19 am by Admin

» THE CLARION PROJECT
Today at 1:14 am by Admin

» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
Today at 1:02 am by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Today at 12:00 am by Admin

» Donald and Melania extend their “deepest sympathies” to victims of California mudslides
Yesterday at 11:56 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Yesterday at 9:48 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 9:45 pm by Admin

» NOAH HAD A CELL PHONE DURING BIBLE FLOOD, PROF CLAIMS
Yesterday at 9:33 pm by Admin

» Darkest Hour - Official International Trailer (Universal Pictures) HD
Yesterday at 9:21 pm by Admin

» BRITISH HISTORY
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Admin

» Trump’s ex-wife slams media attacks on Trump, says he’s ‘definitely not racist’
Yesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» Just a Servant
Yesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» Share your Jokes smiles here
Yesterday at 7:55 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Yesterday at 7:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S
Yesterday at 5:05 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My Manna

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My Manna

Post  Admin on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 11:37 pm

My Manna​​

Paul was a man who suffered the loss of everything-- according to his own claim. Yet any loss he counted pure gain.The key to this transforming of earthly losses into heavenly gains is love. What do we love?If our hearts are set on-- people and possessions and position,- we do not lose any thing! If our hearts are set on Christ--We gain everything!
The Lord can show us "the big picture" and the "long view,"-- the incalculable gain in spiritual and eternal terms,- if we love Him above all. Everything that belongs to us-- belongs also to Him. Everything that belongs to Him-- belongs also to us. What, then, can we finally lose? If we lose not Christ Himself-- we have finally lost nothing,- for He is our treasure andHe has our hearts! So-"..seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:33
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 04 Jan 2018, 11:53 am

M​yManna​​

"I will be careful to lead a blameless life— when will you come to me?I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart.I will not look with approval on anything that is vile.I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it." Psalm 101:2–3.
As we enter every year-- we start to think about making New Year's resolutions,
some of which we keep well into the next day!
Far too often our resolutions are far too short-lived.
Some people find it more beneficial to make their resolutions for only that day and then to renew them each day. Their morning begins with a recitation of what they are determined to do or not do. The decisions are lived one day at a time.
Psalm 101 sounds like a New Year's resolution, but it isn’t. The intentions expressed in these verses were not to be followed only for a day or two but for life.
In a resolute way, David stated his "objectives."
These included-- a blameless walk, - a guarding of his eyes, - a perspective that rejects wrong and embraces right, - and an intolerance for deceitfulness.
Read again this psalm and identify David's statements of resolution, such as, "I will walk in my house with blameless heart." v. 2.
Then think about how that applies to your life.
The next one may be easier. "I will set before my eyes no vile thing." v. 3.
This affects what you watch on TV, the magazines you read and the books you buy.
If Psalm 101 describes how you want to live, make it your daily resolution. Determine that this is how you will live today and every day.
To help this become your resolution, print the words of Psalm 101 on a piece of paper and post it somewhere you will see it every day.
Then read it, aloud even, daily. Renew your resolution every day.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 01 Jan 2018, 7:28 pm

My Manna​​

Joseph, Jesus’ step-father, is mentioned only within the context of Matthew’s and Luke’s “Christmas story” accounts.
After Luke’s account of the twelve-year old Jesus in the temple​.Luke​ 2. 
we hear no more of Joseph in the record of Scripture.

From the Holy Spirit’s somewhat scant portrayal of Joseph we should not conclude that he had an insignificant role in the earthly life of Jesus or in God’s plan of salvation. 

Joseph had no small role, but a large one with weighty responsibility.

Although references to Joseph in Scripture are relatively few, what those verses tell us is significant. 

God promised that the Saviour would be born from King David’s family line. 
Thus the virgin mother of our Saviour was “betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David.” Luke 1:26. 

While Jesus’ bloodline was established through Mary, His biological mother-
His legal lineage would be established through Joseph who “as was supposed” was His father.Luke 3:23.

In God’s plan of salvation-
His Son was to be “born under the law to redeem those who were under the law​.​” Galatians 4:4-5. 
A complete and perfect obedience by the Saviour was required to redeem those who were under the law—all sinners. 

Yet this Saviour would be born a helpless infant with no ability to self-fulfill the law’s early-life requirements. 
It would therefore be the responsibility of the household leader—the father—to circumcise his Son when He was a week old (Luke 2:21), to present the Son before the Lord, and to offer the required sacrifice.Luke 2:22-23.

This Saviour born under the law would grow and mature in a very natural way—He “increased in wisdom and stature” (Luke 2:52)—but to do so would require a faithful home in which the spiritual leader both saw and undertook the responsibility to “teach ​(​God’s Word​)​ diligently to ​(​his​)​ children…” Deuteronomy 6:7.

God chose and called Joseph to the important role as leader in the earthly home of His Son and our Saviour–no small role indeed!

God describes Joseph as a “just man” who was going to “put ​(​Mary​)] away secretly” (Matthew 1:19) rather than bring her to public shame by exposing her to the charge of adultery. 

Joseph demonstrated a love that did not seek its own, nor did it seek revenge after what he felt was a grievous hurt. 1 Corinthians 13:4ff. 

In so doing Joseph reflected the love of his heavenly Father who promised to send the Messiah.

This faithful child of God—proclaimed to be “just” in God’s eyes through the faith God worked in his heart—also acted faithfully at the instruction of God’s Word. 

When God told Joseph to take Mary as his wife (Matthew 1:20), when He told him to name the child Jesus (Matthew 1:21), when He told him to flee to Egypt (Matthew 2:13ff), and when He told him to return to Israel (Matthew 2:19ff)—in each instance, faithful Joseph acted on God’s Word without hesitation or delay.

Joseph’s no small role in the early years of our Saviour’s life on Earth is not to be forgotten. 

He was chosen by God to provide the promised ​​legal lineage-
- to serve as faithful father and spiritual leader of his home, 
- to provide for the well-being of both Son and mother, 
- and to lead his household by word and example. 

Joseph was a man of God’s calling to serve His Son—no less than Mary His mother!

Earthly fathers, take heed and find encouragement in the example of Joseph to fulfill the important role to which God has called you. 
All who support and assist earthly fathers—or who stand in the place of absent fathers—rejoice and give thanks to be involved in such an important calling. 

It is no small role which you fulfill. 

It is no small role to nurture and lead a young soul-
- a soul for whom the Son of God Himself was born under the law to redeem.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:57 pm

​​​​My Mana​

What do we learn about Joseph from this passage?

After learning Mary is pregnant by the Holy Spirit, an angel of the Lord appears to Joseph and instructs him to not fear to take Mary as his wife but to continue with his plans to marry her. Matthew 1:18-25.

He informs him the child she is carrying is the long-awaited Messiah, who will save his people from their sins. 
He is instructed to name the baby Jesus. 

This must have been outlandish and unbelievable news for Joseph!

How does Joseph respond?

Joseph obeys the angel of the Lord’s instructions.
When he awakes, Joseph obeys what the Lord has told him and takes Mary as his wife. 
And we are told that once the baby is born, he names Him Jesus.

What can we learn from Joseph’s perspective?

As I thought about Joseph’s part in the Christmas story-
I am struck by how he is not only kind, righteous, just and obedient, but he is intentional and deliberate in making decisions. 

I know so often I am off and running once I have an idea or a task the Lord has called me to complete. 

Many times I end up running with my own ideas and down paths He never intended, instead of taking the time along the way to stop, ponder, seek the Lord and wait for further instructions. 

It’s the idea of slowing down, taking a deep breath and making sure I am in constant relationship with the Lord. 
This means I must continually be in His Word and at His feet in prayer. 

I have learned over the years, that like Joseph, the Lord often sends some outlandish and unbelievable happenings into my life. 

Very often they don’t make sense. 
I question them. 

But if I’m tuned into His Spirit, in His Word and seeking Him in prayer, I have always found His plan is best. I end up amazed and awed at how he works in such mysterious and marvelous ways. 
And He gets all the glory!

Is there an area of your life where you need to slow down, breathe, ponder, pray and seek the Lord?
Is there something He is calling you to do that seems outlandish and unbelievable? 
If so, are you willing to trust Him and keep seeking His guidance?

Do you take time after reading and studying God’s Word to pray over it and ponder it? 

Rolling it over in your mind and considering it from various angles. 
Or are you off to the next Bible study or next passage of Scripture? 

Often we miss steps of obedience the Lord is calling us to when we are rushing onto and into “the next thing”.

But we also see that once Joseph heard clear instructions from the Lord, he walked in obedience. 

There is definitely time to stop, ponder, pray and consider. 
But there is also a time to step out in faith and obedience to what the Lord has called you to do. 

It’s a delicate balance and requires a constant connection to the Father. 

I know the next question forming in your mind! 
How do I know if this is God’s will for my life? 

I believe many times we spend more time pondering this question instead of actually walking in obedience to what we already know to be very clear instruction from the Lord. 
Here is one that is always a sure-fire winner if you’re ever asking yourself this question:

"Rejoice always, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

There are others, for example, in multiple places in Scripture we are given clear instructions to love one another, be kind, compassionate and forgiving toward others and to make the most of every opportunity to share Jesus with others.

If you will make it a practice to seek the Lord in His Word and in prayer, keep your heart clean through the confession of sin and stay alert to the Holy Spirit working in your life, the Lord will direct your path. 

He is faithful. 
He will not leave or forsake us. 

I mean, look back at the story of Joseph in Matthew 1 again. 
It begins with quite a lengthy genealogy. 

I believe one reason the Lord has placed this in the Scriptures, at this point, is to confirm His faithfulness and purpose. 

It’s like He is saying, “do you see what I purposed thousands of years ago? It is being accomplished! In My perfect timing and according to My perfect plan.” 

He is the same God for us today. 
We just have to seek Him, trust Him and step out in obedience to whatever He calls us to do.

Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. Proverbs 19:21

Is there an area in your relationship with God where you need to be more deliberate and intentional?
For example, prayer, Bible reading, study, memorization and pondering what God is teaching you in His word.

We see in Joseph’s story characteristics of love, kindness and extending grace. 

What are some ways you can show love and kindness to others this Christmas? 
What are some ways you can love and serve each other in your family this season?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:16 pm

My Manna​​​

Joseph, a carpenter and ​foster father of Jesus Christ-
- rescued not only the first Christmas,
- but the future celebrations of Christmas for all time.

Joseph's bravery is recorded in the gospel of Matthew, where, in the ESV Bible, he is called "a just man."
In other versions he is described as "faithful to the law" or "righteous."

This was a rare compliment indeed, applied to only a few men:
Noah, Lot, Abraham, and Jesus himself.

How Did Joseph the Carpenter Save Christmas?

Joseph's righteousness presented him with a dilemma.

He and Mary were betrothed, the second step in the Jewish marriage process following engagement.
Betrothal was a legally binding contract that lasted about a year.

During that time, the man and woman lived apart, with no sexual contact.​Matthew 1:25.​

Then Joseph learned Mary was pregnant.
As a law-abiding Jew, what should he do?
What could he do?

God Instructs Joseph in a Dream
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 12:22 am

My Manna​​

We have tremendously high expectations of Christmas.
We have pictures in our minds of children playing, church choirs singing, and people smiling and getting along.

But often it is not that way.
It is supposed to be, as the song says, "the most wonderful time of the year" and the "hap-happiest season of all."

But for many it will be a very difficult time because something has interrupted the joy.
It may be ​disease, debts, death or divorce.
We look to the Christmas season to be a time of perfect peace, harmony, and joy.

But the first Christmas was not that way.
It was an interruption.
Interruptions can happen at any good time.

Consider the timing of Joseph and Mary's interruption.
They were engaged to be married.

Like Christmas, an engagement is supposed to be a wonderous time.
But it was during this time that an angel appeared to Mary and told her that she would miraculously, as a virgin, conceive and give birth to the Son of God.

What joyful news!
Yet, what an interruption!

How would she explain her pregnancy to Joseph?
Would he believe her?
Would he be willing to take on that responsibility?

This was not in their plans.
And yet, she accepted it.

We know how Joseph responded.

He didn't believe her.
How could he?

His plans for a happy home with the woman he loved were dashed before his eyes.
His life, as well as hers, had been powerfully interrupted.

If we are not careful-
- our response to an interruption can send us down the wrong path.

Joseph nearly went down the wrong path.

When he discovered Mary's pregnancy, he was devastated.
He couldn't buy her story about a virgin conception.

As much as he loved her and wanted to be with her-
- there was nothing to do but divorce her.

A betrothal - an ancient engagement - was much more binding than today's engagements.

The only way out of one was divorce.
In fact, Joseph had the right to have her stoned to death for infidelity.

Yet because he was a good man, he did not want to harm her or even embarrass her.
He would divorce her privately.

This was Joseph's human response to a powerful interruption.
But what a mistake it would have been.

Often an interruption brings on a knee-jerk reaction.

We make decisions that, if we were better informed, we would not make.
We must be careful that when we face an interruption, we don't just react according to our own fears and feelings.

The key to handling an interruption is to get God's take on it.

Thankfully, God rescued Joseph from his error. I can imagine Joseph, having learned of Mary's situation, tossing and turning in bed, trying to decide what to do.

Finally, he decides.
He will divorce her privately.

But while he is sleeping an angel of the Lord appears to him in a dream and says,

"Joseph, don't be afraid to take Mary as your wife. What she says is true. The child in her womb is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son and you are to give him the name Jesus because he will save his people from their sins. This is in fulfillment of what God said through Isaiah the prophet, 'The virgin shall conceive and give birth to a son, and He shall be called Immanuel meaning 'God with us.'"

Joseph awoke with a changed mind.

He would not divorce Mary.
He would take her as his wife and help raise this miraculous child.
He had gotten God's perspective of his interruption.

When you encounter an interruption, whatever it may be, don't react according to your own feelings and thoughts.

Seek God's direction.
Remember Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths."

Here are three words to remember when you encounter an ​​​​​​interruption​!​

Prayer

The first thing to do when your life is interrupted is stop and pray.
Pray for guidance.
Pray for courage. Pray for help.
When you look to God He will help you.

Perspective

Put the interruption in the proper perspective.
How bad is it really?
How long will it actually be important? What difference will it make in eternity?

Providence

Keep in mind that God, in His providence, is still in control of your life.
Nothing can happen to you without the leave and notice of your Father.
He still has all of the hairs on your head numbered.

Interruptions can at times positively redirect our lives.

This was true of Joseph and Mary.
Their plans were interrupted, but oh what an interruption.

Can you imagine a more wonderful privilege, or a more challenging responsibility, than to be the human parents of the Son of God?

The direction their future took was not what they had planned, but it was so much better.

Have you ever considered that God could do that kind of thing in your life?

Not that you would be made the parents of the Son of God, but that God would take what seems to be an interruption, an unforeseen problem, and use it to set your life on a new and better path.

Whatever interruption you may be enduring right now-
- why not look at it in a different light, and ask,
"God, are you using this to do something great in my life?"

Then begin to look for the marvelous things He will do.

Whatever interruption you may be experiencing this Christmas-
- there is one thing you can do:
- Stop and give thanks to God for Jesus.

And as you praise and thank God, even in the midst of difficult circumstances-
- something of the peace that Jesus came to bring will be yours.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 3:37 pm

My Manna​

One of the things that I heard a lot growing up was the phrase:
“Actions speak louder than words.”

Actions have an incredible way of telling us more about a person and his/her character than words ever could.

So why am I mentioning this in an Advent post?

Well, as I have read the Christmas story over the years one of the things that has really stood out to me is the fact that of all the characters in the Christmas story the one character who remains silent is Joseph.

We have the recorded words of Mary, Elisabeth, Zechariah, the angels and even the shepherds.
But of Jesus’ adopted father we hear nothing. Not​ one Single Word.

And yet, that is not to say we know nothing of Joseph’s character-
- for what we see in his story is a man whose life was characterized by a ​​quiet faith;
- one that was expressed in actions more than words.

When we first meet Joseph, he is a man betrothed to Mary.
Like any good 1st century Jewish man, he was probably preparing a household for them, eagerly anticipating the day when they would finally come together as husband and wife, and start a family.

However, he soon receives some disturbing news:
Mary is pregnant outside of wedlock.
No doubt, this news disturbed Joseph.

How could his fiancee, his betrothed be pregnant?

The answer in that society was clear.
She must have broken her vow.

Furthermore, the Law was clear.
A person who has committed adultery is to be stoned to death Lev. 20:10.

As a Law-abiding and devout Jewish man-
Joseph is obligated to carry out his religious and social duty.

But if Joseph accuses Mary he is sentencing her to certain death.

What will Joseph do?

Matthew’s gospel reads:
"And her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly." Matthew 1:19.

Though he had every right to expose Mary publicly-
Joseph was a man of compassion.

Not wanting to see the woman he had promised himself to exposed to shame and death, he found another way to both satisfy the Law and extend grace.

But his story doesn’t end there.

"But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”

In an incredible vision, God informs Joseph of the truth of Mary’s claim via the words of an angel. And now Joseph has a decision to make.

If he obeys the message of the angel and takes Mary as his wife, he opens himself up to shame and scandal.

At best, he would be seen as enabling her “sin” by the society around them.
At worst, he would appear to be complicit in her pregnancy and be labeled a fornicator.

However, if he refuses to take Mary as his wife, he effectively denies the message of God and leaves the Messiah-to-be without legitimate parentage.

Jesus would not be born ‘a son of David’.

What will Joseph choose?

When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus. Matthew 1:24-25.

Joseph’s actions speak well of his strong faith.
He was willing to bear public ridicule, along with Mary, in order to be obedient to God.

He takes her as his wife and Jesus is born “The Son of Joseph, the Son of David”.
Joseph’s obedience actually helps fulfill the promises of the prophets.
The Father chooses Joseph to help prepare the way for Christ.

And Joseph’s silent faith is something attested to in the rest of the texts that speak about him.

When warned about the threat of Herod-
Joseph obediently takes his family to Egypt. Matthew 2:13-15.

Likewise, when called to return to Judea, Joseph trusts in God and brings his family back. Matthew 2:19-23.

Over and over again-
Joseph proves himself to be a man of quiet faith.

No words!
Only actions which attest to his trust in God and his willingness to carry out the calling to which he has been called.

As we reflect upon his story during this Advent season, we see that Joseph’s life reminds us that faith is something so much more than just intellectual assent to a series of doctrines.

It is not only the confession of our lips.
Faith is something much more.

It is a trust, a confidence in God and His promises, which then shapes our actions in the world.

In Joseph’s story-
- we see that he prepares us for the Lord by showing us the character of faith and by pointing us toward the greater “Faithful One” who is to come:

Jesus Christ, our Lord and our Redeemer.
This is Joseph’s contribution to the Advent season.

May his​ quiet faith inform our own faith in this season of waiting and point us to the one who fulfills all of His promises:
Christ the Lord.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 12:55 am

​​​My Manna​​​​

"Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit…" Matthew 1:18.

Joseph and Mary are engaged when he finds out she’s pregnant.

Verse 19 reveals very little of Joseph’s struggle-
- but reading between the lines we can imagine the emotional turmoil
- anger, disbelief, fear, betrayal, anxiety…
- He’s a righteous man but doesn’t want to disgrace Mary so he decides to divorce her quietly.

In Psalm 139:23-24 it says we cry out to ask God to know our anxious thoughts.
When we feel invisible and when trials take hold, our Heavenly Father sees us.

God saw Joseph too.

God knows who we are and where we came from.
We are known from the beginning.

Then we read, "when he considered this (divorcing Mary) an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream…"

Joseph is told not to be afraid to take Mary as his wife.
The angel tells Joseph that Mary is expecting a son by the Holy Spirit and they should call Him Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.

This fulfillment of the prophecy in Isaiah would have been very familiar to Joseph.Isaiah 7:14;8:10;9:6-7.

Israel had been watching and waiting for God’s Messiah.
I can’t imagine what was going through Joseph’s mind as he pondered all of this in the days to come.

He will save His people!

What amazing words to hang onto when the people in Joseph’s village would question his sanity or their morals.
What an awesome responsibility to be a ​​​​​​stepfather to God’s Messiah.

Joseph would also have been familiar with his ancestor named Joseph – Jacob’s son.
He also had a dream with a message from God.
His people were saved through his obedience even when it didn’t make sense.

Though taunted, misunderstood, and maligned, Joseph son of Jacob, persevered and God’s fulfillment was accomplished.
The nation of Israel was spared. Genesis 37-45.

A carpenter would be a part of raising the Creator of the world.
His obedience to the dream ushered the Messiah into a Bethlehem stable.

It says Joseph arose from his sleep and did what the angel commanded.
He took Mary as his wife and kept her virgin until she gave birth to a son.
And Joseph called his name Jesus.

When Joseph discovers Mary is pregnant-
- the law says he can divorce her (engagement was as binding as marriage).
Some even say he could have her stoned.

Imagine what he was thinking.
What would his family say? What would the neighbors think?

Consider what Joseph faced by being obedient.
How great was the cost?

What has God spoken to you through his word?
Have you been obedient despite whether or not it makes sense at this moment?

What could the implications be with either your obedience or disobedience?

There aren’t many details about Joseph in Scripture.
But God must have felt he was a pretty special man to take on the task of raising the Son of God.

There is a lot to ponder in this little section of the Christmas story.
I’d love to hear your thoughts as you pause and treasure this during your quiet moments today.

My Manna

When you set up your nativity set for the Christmas season-
- one of the figures that is often not noticed, or is put off to one side, is Joseph.

Joseph is not featured in many Christmas songs either.

But I believe that Joseph, in many ways, is the ​​unsung hero of the Christmas story.

Just as surely as God chose Mary to be the mother of the Messiah-
He also chose Joseph.

God the Father in Heaven chose Joseph to be a stepfather, or father figure on earth, for Jesus!

The angel of the Lord came to Mary and revealed that the Messiah of Israel would be supernaturally conceived in her womb.

Hearing Mary was pregnant-
Joseph was willing to simply put her away quietly and break the engagement.

He did not seem to be buying the whole "supernatural conception" idea.
At least he was struggling with it, pondering a life without his dear Mary.

But the Angel of the Lord came to him too.

"But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, 'Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins'." Matthew 1:20-21.

Joseph could have walked away if he wanted.
But to his credit, he stood by Mary and the Child Jesus.

Mary went through life with a "scarlet A" on her, in the eyes of many.
And Joseph went through life being thought of as a man married to a promiscuous woman.

The irony of this is Mary was an extraordinarily virtuous and godly woman.

On one occasion, the Pharisees said to Jesus, "At least we weren't born of fornication!" John 8:41.
The implication of that statement is that Jesus was conceived out of wedlock.

But Mary bore this along with the death of her son on the cross.

No, she was not perfect or sinless, nor should we pray to her or through her.
But she was faithful to what God asked her to do.

And so was Joseph.
He was chosen by God to be the stepfather of God in human form.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 2:23 am

My Manna​​​

"This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy
Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.” When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus." Matthew 1:18-25.

Here’s a man who had asked a young woman to be his wife​.
​A​nd she had pledged herself to him.

I am sure he trusted that she would be faithful to him always.

Now he hears her confess to him, “I am pregnant.”
I imagine he instantly got sick to his stomach.

He knew the child could not be his because he had not yet officially married her.
He was heartbroken, disappointed, and possibly angry.

Then his finance’ told him an unbelievable story that she was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Should he have believed her?
Would you?

Her story didn’t make any sense.
It was humanly impossible for a woman to become pregnant on her own.
Someone else had to be involved.

Considering the situation-
Joseph had decided to divorce her.

The Jewish authorities could have stoned her to death.Deuteronomy 22:23, 24.

But the Bible says that Joseph was a righteous man.
He did not make a quick decision.

He considered his options and took the time to think about what would be the best thing for him to do.
He must have loved her dearly, because he decided to divorce her quietly so shame would not be brought upon her.

We don’t know-
- how long he took to make his decision, or
- how much time had gone by before the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream.

We don’t know-
- if Joseph had already told Mary that he was going to divorce her.

All we know is that the angel confirmed what Mary had told Joseph.

I wonder if the prophecy written in Isaiah 7:14 came to Joseph’s mind after his visit by the angel.
I wish I knew how Mary and Joseph’s conversation went after the angel appeared to Joseph.

Was it intimate, was there celebration, did they discuss how they were going to explain the situation to others?

I don’t know-
- but at least now they had each other to lean on for support.

The whole concept that Mary was carrying God’s Son, the long awaited Messiah-
- was undoubtedly more than what others could wrap their minds around.

Surely the father of the King of kings would not be a poor carpenter such as Joseph.
It made more sense that the Saviour of the world would be born from royalty.

That is one reason why the Jews could not and did not accept Jesus as God’s Son.

Like Mary-
Joseph was obedient to God’s will.
He took Mary as his wife.

But the story doesn’t end there.

The Bible does not tell us if God commanded Joseph not to-
- but Joseph “had no union with her until she gave birth to a son.”

How many men do you know who would take a wife and not have a sexual relationship with her for a long period of time?

That is true ​​​​​committed ​love​!​

So much emphasis is put on Mary.
But Joseph had a great influence on his son, Jesus.

He raised him to follow the Jewish laws and taught him the carpentry trade.
He also made sure that they attended the yearly Passover in Jerusalem.

God chose Mary to be Jesus’ mother.
He also chose Joseph to be his earthly father.

A family needs a godly man to lead them-
- and Joseph definitely filled those shoes.

Men-
- are you the spiritual leader of your household that God has called you to be?

If not, now is the time to ask God to show you-
- how you can be that spiritual leader your family needs and deserves.

They need to see you reading your Bible.
They need to hear you praying.
They need to feel God’s love through you.

May God bless you as you go through this Advent season.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 9:47 pm

My Manna​​

"Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, in Aramaic called Bethesda, which has five roofed colonnades. In these lay a multitude of invalids—blind, lame, and paralyzed. One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years."John 5:2–3, 5.

The hardest part of a trial is not always-
- the depth of the valley,
- or the level of darkness,
- or the uncertainty of it all.

The hardest part of a trial is often its duration—not knowing how long it’s going to last.

Another month?
Into next year?
Through the milestone we’d been looking forward to?
Till the kids are grown?
Who knows?

We can’t know.
And that’s the hardest part.

In the case of the lame man at the pool of Bethesda-
- the clock was still running at thirty-eight years—and counting.

How long, in your life, is thirty-eight years ago?
Is it literally a lifetime?
Maybe more?

Imagine being in the same condition for thirty-eight years—especially at a period in history when the average life expectancy was a lot closer to forty than to seventy or eighty.

But no matter how long you’ve been waiting-
- the clock must never be your focus.

Whatever trial you may be experiencing today-
- and however much longer you may be left to experience it still,
- the clock will always be a source of discouragement to you.

Marking time on the calendar, trying to calculate and speculate, will always distract your eye away from what’s most important, away from the singular focus that can transform even the cloudiest unknown into certainty and sanity.

Watching the clock builds despair.
But watching Christ Jesus builds hope.

To be obsessed with the clock is to believe in human formulas and measurements of what should happen (and when), rather than trust the absolute sovereignty of Almighty God.

To be obsessed with the clock is to impose your own time limits on how long a person should be forced to endure a particular hardship.

To be obsessed with the clock is to conclude that being released from your current difficulty must surely be what God wants for you—greater than whatever He could want to accomplish in your life through your determination to wait on Him and your devotion to remain before Him in constant, needful prayer.

Watching the clock leads to all kinds of trouble.
But watching Christ Jesus leads to hope.

Rather than looking up to heaven, saying, “You’ve got this long, God, before it’s too late,” you can instead live right now in total confidence, sure that the One who knows the end from the beginning is more than sufficient for your need, no matter how long in earth years it needs to last.

Whatever answers and guarantees you think you need-
- they are never to be found in contemplating the clock face.

They are only to be found in the face of Jesus-
- and by counting on Him rather than counting up time spent in hardship.

​"Lord, I confess to often being more focused on my trials than on You, and to being more distressed by my discomfort than thankful that You care and You’re here with me. Forgive me for focusing on the extent of my hurt rather than exercising faith in You. Help me to focus not on what is seen but on what is unseen, and surround me with such a peace that others will marvel at You. I pray this in the sustaining Name of Jesus, Amen."​

My Manna "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends." John 15:15.

In the Old Testament-"Friend" was a covenant term. Abraham was the friend of God.Isaiah 41:8.Jonathan and David were covenant friends.1 Samuel18:1-4. Proverbs 18:24 says there is a friend "who sticks closer than a brother"-- someone to whom you go to reveal the depths of your heart when needed. You've been hurt and need advice on what to do.So you go to your best friend. Problem: Best human​​ ​​​​friends are fallible! You rehearse your hurts to them.And you bring another person into an already complicated situation. You ask for advice that may or may not be helpful. You're troubled when you arrive and are likely still troubled when you leave. Fortunately, for life's most challenging situations-- every Christian has a best divine Friend: Jesus Christ! Picture yourself as one of His original twelve disciples.What it would have been like to say, "Jesus, I've got this problem. Can You help?" You have that same opportunity today since Jesus calls you His friend and invites you to find "help in time of need" from Him.Hebrews 4:16. Best human friends are great. But a best divine Friend is, well, divine!
I have a great need for Christ.I have a great Christ for my nee

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 10:03 pm

El Shaddai
My Manna​​
  Some of you are perhaps feeling that--you are voyaging just now on a moonless sea.  Uncertainty surrounds you. There seem to be no signs to follow.  Perhaps you feel about to be engulfed by loneliness. There is no one to whom you can speak of your need. 
Amy Carmichael wrote of such a feeling when- - as a missionary of twenty-six, - she had to leave Japan because of poor health, - then travel to China for recuperation, - but then realized God was telling her to go to Ceylon.  All this preceded her coming to India-- where she stayed for fifty-three years. As she was en route to Colombo she wrote on August 25, 1894:
"All along, let us remember, we are not asked to understand, but simply to obey...On July 28, Saturday, I sailed. 
We had to come on board on Friday night, and just as the tender (a small boat) where were the dear friends who had come to say goodbye was moving off, and the chill of loneliness shivered through me, like a warm love-clasp came the long-loved lines--'And only Heaven is better than to walk with Christ at midnight, over moonless seas.' 
I couldn't feel frightened then. 
Praise Him for the moonless seas--all the better the opportunity for proving Him to be indeed the ​​​​​​El Shaddai, 'the God who is Enough."' 
Let me add my own word of witness to hers and to that of the tens of thousands who have learned that He is indeed Enough. 

He is not all we would ask for (if we were honest), but it is precisely when we do not have what we would ask for, and only then, that we can clearly perceive His all-sufficiency.  It is when the sea is moonless-- that the Lord has become my Light.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 11:20 pm

My Manna​​
A destitute young man's famous uncle left him a fortune in his will.
On the day the uncle died, his nephew made this short note in his journal:"Today, my uncle and I passed into a better life."
If you are like most of us, you probably won't inherit a pot-of-gold in this life.
Those who do inherit this world's wealth often take the route of the prodigal son.
Isn't there something better?Absolutely!
In the Scriptures-- much is said about inheritance. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."1 Peter 1:3-5.
You may wonder-What is my inheritance? One blessing of being in God's family is-- according to Romans 8:17, - you are a joint-heir or a fellow heir with Christ. You share His eternal life and all the riches that God has prepared from the foundation of the earth.Matthew 25:34.
Another facet of your inheritance is that you will rule with Christ.You are "an heir of the kingdom" of Christ.James 2:5. Revelation 5:9-10 tells you about your reign upon the earth with Christ.
The redeemed from every tribes and tongues and peoples and nations will reign as co-rulers with Christ. Joint inheritance means joint rulership.
You may read of other benefits of your inheritance in Revelation 21:1-7. Rejoice that Christ the Saviour came into the world to-- save you,- make you His brother in the family of God,- His co-heir and co-ruler with Him. Thank Him for making you a part of His eternal family

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 7:40 pm

My Manna​​
The post office in a small town received a letter that was addressed to:"Any Sinner."

It was undeliverable because every person in the town qualified! The Bible says, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23. It also tells us, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."1 John 1:8.
If you have trusted Christ-- you have been saved from your sin by the sacrificial work of Christ on the cross.1 John 1:7.
Does that mean that-- you will never have a problem with sin again in your life? No. Like the bumper sticker says: "Christians are not perfect; just forgiven!" Every believer is tempted, and may sin against God.

If that happens-- we're to confess our sin and receive God's gracious forgiveness.1 John 1:9. But there is a difference between-- committing a sin and - continuing in sin. "No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother."1 John 3:9-10.

The word, "abide," is seldom used in ordinary conversation these days-- so when you hear it or read it in the Bible, you may wonder about its meaning. The dictionary says that to "abide" means--​ ​to remain in a place, to continue to be sure or firm, or to dwell.
Jesus talked to his disciples about "abiding" in John 15:4: "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me."
"No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him." 1 John 3:6. Now let's put the dictionary definition into the verse to clarify what "abiding in him" means.

It would read like this:
"No one who continues to be sure and firm in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him."
The Holy Spirit plants the seed of God's truth in a believer's heart, - so that the transformed believer cannot continue to practice a life of sin, - even though he or she can never be totally free from sin in this life.1 John 3:9,24; John 15:12.

Read through the Book of 1 John-- and jot down the reference for each verse where you find a form of the word abide.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 1:20 am

My Manna​​

The world today isn't the same as it was a few generations ago.
Young people today face pressures that were unimaginable then-- from widespread violence and immorality in the media, to easy access to drugs and alcohol.
At the heart of it all, however, is a spiritual problem:
We've failed to teach our young people the difference between right and wrong.
Some people today even deny there is such a thing as right and wrong, saying that everyone should be free to live any way they want to.
"If it feels good, do it" is the philosophy many people urge us to follow.
They reject the idea that God has given us the moral and spiritual truths we need to live peaceful and fulfilling lives.
But when we live only for ourselves, the result is chaos...and we see it all around us today.
We're like the people in the Old Testament who rejected God's moral principles-- but paid a terrible price as a result: "They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind." Hosea 8:7.
Is there hope?
Yes, if we'll realize the dangers we face and turn back to God in repentance and faith.
He knows what's best for us, because He loves us.
Pray for your town and its leaders; They need God's wisdom.
And pray too that spiritual revival may come to our nation, as people turn in faith to Christ...beginning with you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 08 Nov 2017, 10:52 pm

My Manna​​

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10.
A traveller was visiting a logging area in the Pacific Northwest and was interested to see how logs were chosen that eventually would be used for furniture.
As the logs came down the stream, the logger would suddenly reach out and hook one, pull it up, and then set it down.
He would sometimes wait for a few minutes before grabbing another.
There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to his choices.
After a while, the visitor said to him-"I don't understand what you are doing."
"These logs may all look alike to you," said the logger, "but I can recognize that a few of them are quite different. The ones that I let pass came from trees that grew in a valley. They were always protected from the storms. The grain is rather coarse. The logs that I pulled aside are from high up on the mountain, where they were beaten by strong winds from the time they were quite small. They toughen the trees and give them a fine grain. We save these logs for choice work. They are too good to be used for ordinary lumber."
It was through the trying and testing that the logs were prepared for choice work.
The same could be said of us as Christians.
If you were to ask Moses how he became who he was-- he would remind you of his trials with Pharaoh and his times of testing in the wilderness.
If you were to ask Peter-- he would probably point back to his denial and how he learned many important lessons.
Maybe you are going through something similar in your life today. Maybe God is preparing you for a choice work.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 10:42 pm

My Manna

"But you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."Genesis 2:17.
When God set down the house rules for the garden-He told Adam that no one could eat from a certain tree or death would be the result.
But Adam, with very good intentions, decided he needed to add something. He reasoned that if a person followed this additional rule, he wouldn't be able to break the actual command of God.
(You can't eat the fruit if you don't touch it.)
So he told Eve-"You shall not eat from it or touch it lest you die!"
Perhaps it was Adam's added words that gave the serpent his opening. The devil was able to challenge the claim that touching the fruit would cause death.
The devil's logic may have been something like this: Since touching didn't cause death, then God must also be lying about what would happen if the fruit were eaten. Adam's added words were used to convince Eve that God was a liar!
That is why the devil was successful.It's hard to argue against the words of God but pretty easy to argue with the legalism of man!
Adding to the Word of God can lead to God's being ridiculed and Christians' losing their credibility. Let's learn from the actions of Adam and recognize the folly of adding to the Word of God

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 1:27 pm

My Manna​​

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."John 14:21.
In a documentary mini series called "Against All Odds" a remarkable story is told about an Israeli platoon who found themselves in the midst of a minefield along the Syrian border during the Yom Kippur War.
When the platoon realized they were in a minefield they pulled out their bayonets and started to dig out mines and to disarm them.
Suddenly, a fierce wind began to blow, removing the sand from the minefield.
Each and every mine was exposed and the soldiers ventured through the minefield unscathed.
If you found yourself in the midst of a minefield-- but had someone with you that knew where every mine was and could guide you through, - then you'd be sure to stay as close to him as possible!
Life is a minefield; and the enemy has planted mines all across your path, the mines of temptation!
You have Someone with you who knows where they are and how to guide you around them.
But how closely are you walking with Him?
God's word and His Spirit equip us thoroughly for life and godliness.
Obedience to His word and abiding in His Spirit we can avoid every deadly trap of the enemy and even if He calls us to martyrdom, we can go joyfully in His power.
But in the meantime-- let's not ignore the presence and counsel of our Heavenly Guide.
It's too easy to become distracted by fears, entertainments, and even real responsibilities.
But all these can pull us away from Him....so that we suddenly find our foot on a mine about to explode under us.
The discipline of practicing His presence was never more important than it is now in these last of the last days.
The Bible warns that "because iniquity abounds, the love of many shall wax cold!" Let us stay awake, fully conscious of our Helper's presence.
Led of His Spirit we will dodge every one of our enemy’s mines-- and navigate both ourselves and others to safety, bearing fruit all along the way
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:29 pm

My Manna

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Disappointments can be hard to bear.

One minute life seems to be on track for what we hope and dream.
The next moment our way is blocked.

How do we respond when facing closed doors?

If our hearts are set on a certain course of action-
- we may convince ourselves it is God’s will and push ahead regardless.

We might send up a quick prayer asking for His help or blessing-
- but mostly we just move forward.

By manipulating people or circumstances-
- we could get what we want but be outside of God’s plan.

Another response to a blocked path is to become emotionally upset.

Then we face the danger of operating out of our feelings-
- and replacing a Christ-centered perspective with a self-centered one.

Strong emotions can be a temptation to blame others, including the Lord.
Anger toward Him can, in turn, lead us to rebel against Him and His ways.

Godly responses, on the other hand, start with waiting and trusting.

When the Lord blocks our way-
- we are to have faith in Him,
- taking time to assess the situation,
- praying for guidance,
- and patiently waiting.

By asking the Spirit to increase our sensitivity to the events around us-
- we will be able to notice any open doors.

Even if we find none-
- we are to live with hope,
- anticipating other doors of opportunity in His perfect time.

Thanking God for His work on our behalf is essential-
- even at times when we lack understanding.

Finally, remaining faithful to what the Lord has called us to do is an important part of our wait.
"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:36.

Wait.
Trust.
Pray.
Obey.

This is God’s prescription for handling ​​closed doors!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 10:58 pm

My Manna​​ Are you someone who peeks at the last pages of a novel-- just to make sure the story turns out all right? Then you are probably finding it frustrating-- when God doesn't give you a sneak preview of how your own story goes. When we read the accounts of people in the Bible-- we have the benefit of knowing how their stories end. But imagine what it must have been like for someone like Joseph-- who had no clue about the outcome of his own story. What do you do when you're in the midst of adversity-- and have no idea how it's all going to turn out? Joseph started out just fine as his father's favourite son, with a gift for dreams.Genesis 37:3-11. But none appreciated him.

In fact, his brothers hated him enough to try to kill him, but sold him into slavery instead.37:12-36.

As a slave in Egypt-Joseph ended up working for a powerful man, and that seemed fine until the boss's wife made false accusations which landed him in prison.Genesis 39. While still a prisoner-Joseph earned a privileged position, one where he was able to interpret some dreams for a couple of people who might provide him a way out.

But he was forgotten and left alone again.Genesis 40. That's the first half of Joseph's story--​ ​setbacks, injustices, a few glimmers of hope and then...nothing.
Nothing except that "the LORD was with Joseph." Genesis 39:2, 21, 23. And we see over and over that Joseph held onto his faith in God. Even a meteoric rise to power as second in command over all Egypt-- didn't change his faith in God.Genesis 41.
Then Joseph faced an even greater test: His brothers, the very men who started the trouble, showed up again when he had the power to take revenge Genesis 42-44.

In fact, when the brothers figured out who they were dealing with, that's what they feared the most.
But Joseph, without reading the end of the book-- expressed his own faith in God's perfect plan. In Genesis 45:4-8, we read, "And he said, 'I am your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt. And now do not be distressed or angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life...God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant on earth, and to keep alive for you many survivors. So it was not you who sent me here, but God.'"
Even later, after their father Jacob died, the old fears resurfaced and Joseph once again told his brothers, "Do not fear, for am I in the place of God? As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today." Genesis 50:19-20.

God can bring good out of evil. Joseph's entire life demonstrates that fact. What made the biggest difference for Joseph was that--​ ​he trusted God to carry out His ​​​​​​perfect plan​,- even if it was personally unpleasant or uncomfortable for him. Remember, Joseph didn't know how his story would end.But he was willing to trust God to do what was best, even when life was at its worst. Rejection, attempted murder, slavery, injustice, prison...
Joseph held onto his faith through all that because-- he believed God was good, God was greater and God knows the end of the story.
So, where are you at now? What answers are you anxiously waiting for? Are you willing to let God work it all out for good? You've read Joseph's life statement in Genesis 50:20.But what would your life statement be? Take a few moments to think it through and write it down. Keep it in your Bible and make it part of your prayer time as you commit your life to God.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 10:23 pm

My Manna​​

Someone has estimated that there are​​ ​​​​7487 promises in the Bible.

Of course some of them are made to specific individuals or groups of people.
But many of them can be claimed by you and me.

The question is, however, can we trust God to fulfill them?

What is God's performance record when it comes to fulfilling His promises?

"But as God is faithful, our word to you was not Yes and No. For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us--by me, Silvanus, and Timothy--was not Yes and No, but in Him was Yes. For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee." 2 Corinthians 1:18-22.

All of God's promises from Genesis to Revelation are focused on one person-
Jesus Christ.

In Him-
- the promises of our salvation, the redemption of Israel, our future in heaven and everything else find their fulfillment.

When doubts about God's faithfulness to His Word crop up, open your Bible to the Gospels, and read again about the fulfillment of God's promises.

As Paul reminds us in Romans 8:32:
"He who did not spare His own Son , but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 11:39 pm

T​​​​iming of God

My Manna​​ Many people will tell you to take life by the horns. "Stop waiting and make something happen!" It sounds like good advice!But is it really?
David was a man who faced that choice. David was pursued by Saul the King of Israel. One day, David and his followers hid in a cave to avoid Saul's passing army. Saul, not knowing that David was there, also went into the cave. "Now's your opportunity," David's men whispered to him. "Here is the day of which the LORD said to you, 'Behold, I will give your enemy into your hand, and you shall do to him as it shall seem good to you.'"​ ​1 Samuel 24:4. In other words-"Kill him and take the throne!"
David could've solved two problems if he'd taken their advice. First, David could have ended Saul's murderous pursuit of him. Second, David would be free to become king as God had promised. David made up his mind.

Creeping forward in the dark cave-David took out his sword and cut off a corner of Saul's robe.
David told his men, "The LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my lord, the LORD's anointed, to put out my hand against him, seeing he is the LORD's anointed."1 Samuel 24:6.
David recognized that when God was ready to remove Saul from the throne and elevate David-God would do just that. If you were in David's position-- what would you have done?

Why?
Are you frustrated with where you are today?
Patience is more than a virtue.It shows our faith and trust in God. David truly believed in God's promises.And so he was willing to wait for God's timing. In our world today-- we have all kinds of ways of speeding through life, - from speed dating to get-rich-quick schemes. Learn to trust in the promises and the ​​​​timing of God
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 07 Oct 2017, 6:09 pm

Ingredients
My Manna​​

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28.

One afternoon, a teenage girl joined her mother in the kitchen.

The young lady began explaining to her mom everything that was wrong with her life-she had failed an algebra test, her friend broke up with her, and she just found out her best friend would be moving away soon.

All the while, the mother was baking a cake as the young girl talked.

Finally, the girl's mother interrupted to ask if she wanted a snack.

The daughter replied, "Absolutely! I love your cakes!"

"Here...have some cooking oil," her mother offered.

"Yuck!" the girl responded. "That's gross."

"Well, how about a couple of raw eggs?" asked the mother.

"Gross, mom!" was the girl's response.

"How about a cup of flour or a teaspoon of baking soda?" the mother then offered.

"Mom, those are all disgusting!" the girl said. "I don't want those things for snacks."

After a long pause, her mother finally said, "Dear, all these things seem bad by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!"

God works the same way in the lives of believers.

Not everything in life is a piece of cake.

Sometimes tragedy or hardship strikes and leaves you wondering, "What did I do to deserve this?" or "Why did God do this to me?"

Many times we wonder why He would even let us go through such difficulties.

However, what we oftentimes don't realize is that when God puts all these things in His order, they always work for good!

We must simply trust Him that each of life's events, combined by His hands, will turn out to be something deliciously wonderful!

Thank God for the good and bad "​​​​​​ingredients" He allows to come into your life.
Thank Him for working all things together for your good and His glory.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 10:30 pm

My Manna​​

"Do not consider his appearance or his height, for...the Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the ​​​​​​outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7.

A man was strolling down the beach when he came upon a cave.

He ventured inside and stumbled upon a canvas bag filled with many
hardened clay balls.
It looked as if someone had rolled the clay balls and left them out in the sun to bake.
They didn't look like much, but the man took the bag anyway and headed out of the cave.

As he strolled along the beach, he threw the clay balls, one-by-one, into the ocean as far as he could.

He continued this for some time until he accidentally dropped one on the ground and it cracked open on a rock.

To his amazement, a precious stone was hidden inside!

The man began breaking open the remaining 20 clay balls left in his bag and found similar treasures in each one.

Then it struck him.

He had just thrown more than 50 clay balls into the ocean.

He could have had thousands of dollars more in treasure, but he threw them all away because they didn't look to be of much value.

This is the same way we treat people sometimes.

We look at the rough exterior and decide it doesn't look like much, so we discount them and toss them aside.
We see that person as less important than someone more beautiful, stylish, well-known, or wealthy.

As believers, we must take time to get to know people, regardless of appearance.
If we do this, then the clay will begin to break away revealing a brilliant gem inside.

May we never find out that we have thrown away a fortune in friendships because the gems were hidden in unattractive bits of clay.

May we always see others as Jesus does.

Ask God to reveal the beauty inside others-
- and show you those people the way He sees them.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 2:40 pm

My Manna​

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12.

How does our Enemy operate?

He has four primary objectives in interrupting God’s work in our lives.

First-
Satan wants us to doubt God’s Word.

If he can get you doubting just a little bit, then he’s secured a foothold in your life.

In Genesis 3:1, this is how he confronted Eve in the Garden.
The serpent planted a seed of doubt in her mind.
And the results were catastrophic for all mankind!

Second-
Satan tries to distract us from spiritual matters.

He wants us focused on earthly, temporary outlets.
It sometimes seems as if the Enemy uses every television, cell phone, and computer to change our focus from the Word to things with no eternal value.

Third-
Satan works to disable us from the Lord’s service.

He will do anything to prevent you from making an impact for Christ.

Think about all the popular Christian leaders who have fallen away.
Their sinful deeds were made public.
And the spiritual work they had done was discredited.

The Devil rejoices at this and considers it a great success.

Fourth-
Satan wants to destroy us physically.

One of his most effective tactics involves attacking our bodies.
Sickness, addictions, stress, and obesity can consume a person’s entire life.
The Devil would much prefer that you focus on your body, not spiritual things.

Satan wants you to be useless in your daily battles.
He’s looking for ways to destroy you.

​Don't let him!
Keep your spiritual eyes open.
Watch for the Enemy’s skillful, devious attacks.
And most importantly, depend on God’s Spirit.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 2:32 pm

M​y Manna​

"And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha." 2 Kings 6:15-17.

If someone asks if you’re aware of God, what will you say?

Maybe you’d reply, “I go to church, read my Bible, and pray all the time. I’m definitely aware of God.”

But the real question is this:
Are you aware of God’s presence and activity in your daily life?

This second question makes it a bit more personal, doesn’t it?
It refers to God being in our daily lives all the time.

We’d like to have that constant awareness of God’s presence, but it’s difficult.

When hardships and trials come from nowhere, we sometimes feel confused.
We may feel like God has left us so alone.

During difficult times, we might pray even harder and longer.
We plead for help, but see little result.

The problem is that our prayers usually revolve around our desires.
Even when communicating with God, we may be aware only of ourselves, leaving the Lord out of the matter entirely.

At that point, we may find we’re not really talking to the Father at all; we’re talking to ourselves.

Perhaps we’re focusing on the problem and actually wishing for the ability to handle it on our own.
We can, in effect, become completely blind to how God may be working.

Second Kings 6:15-17 gives us a clear picture of what happens when we remove our self-centered blinders and truly see God’s hand at work.
​​
Open your eyes!
You may be shocked to discover the help God has already sent your way.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum