Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» WAR DRUMS
Today at 10:22 am by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Yesterday at 9:17 pm by Admin

» THE MASTERS LIST Dean W. Masters
Yesterday at 9:14 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by Admin

» Meditation Chip Brogden
Yesterday at 8:46 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Yesterday at 4:31 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Yesterday at 3:27 pm by Admin

» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
Yesterday at 12:44 pm by Admin

» US says Western Wall to remain part of Israel
Yesterday at 11:31 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 10:18 am by Admin

» ISLAMISTS ACCUSE TRUMP OF 'FALSIFYING' HISTORY
Yesterday at 10:17 am by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 12:20 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Yesterday at 12:12 am by Admin

» R.C. SPROUL, REFORMED THEOLOGIAN, DIES AT 78
Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:59 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:32 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:26 am by Admin

» My Manna
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:57 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm by Admin

» THE CLARION PROJECT
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:15 pm by Admin

»  Has the Zechariah 12 Battle Already Begun?
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:59 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:26 pm

Elaine, so little time and so much to do! 

1 Cor. 15:51-54 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet: for the trumpet will sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, "Death is swallowed up in victory."

Last week began the Biblical festival of Rosh Ha Shana. What's interesting about Rosh Ha Shana (the Jewish celebration of the New Year), is that it doesn't fall on the first day of the first month. It actually falls on the first day of the seventh month! It's difficult for outsiders to understand this concept, but if we study how the Jewish year begins and how God is outlining this age according to the Jewish feasts it all makes sense. The first month of the Jewish year begins with Passover. Two thousand years ago, the new age began with the crucifixion of Yeshua (Jesus) on the Cross on Passover! Next, Messiah rose from the dead precisely on day of the celebration of first fruits. Then, fifty days later, the Feast of Shavout (Pentecost) began the celebration of the harvest season. This day marked the outpouring of the Holy Spirit and the beginnings of the first harvest right here in Jerusalem as three thousand souls came into the kingdom!

Now, here we are, in the midst of the summer harvest -- the harvest of souls, awaiting the great sound of the trumpet! When the trumpet sounds -- it shall be the beginning of a new age when "this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality!"

So as we celebrate Rosh Ha Shana or Yom Teruah (Feast of Trumpets), it's a reminder that this age is soon coming to a close -- that the summer will soon end and there will be no more days to work. Let's take heed the sound of the shofar and rise to this awesome occasion! 

Elaine, we live this life only once, so let's do what we need to do while we still can! Let's not put off the good we are called to do! Don't put off forgiving others -- forgive now! Don't put off sharing with that neighbor with whom you've been wanting to share for years -- share now! Don't put off going forth and doing the great things God has called you to do -- do them now! These are the final days of the harvest -- let's get out into the field and finish the work that needs done so that we might all be able to rejoice together in the end!!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Negev Desert, Israel

Editor's Note: If you're interested in my assessment of the potential war in Syria, check out my blog. 

Editor's Note: It looks like we will traveling the United States again this late fall/winter. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:04 am

Elaine, where is your crown? 

Revelation 4:10-11 the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; For You have created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.

Yesterday, we talked about "tashlich" -- the traditional Jewish ceremony occurring between Rosh ha Shana and Yom Kippur, which involves casting bread crumbs into a river while confessing our sins and watching them be swept downstream. In this passage, however, we read about the importance of casting our crowns. These elders fell down before the Lord, casted their golden crowns and gave God the glory and honor He deserves. How much more should we do the same today?

Elaine, let's spend this season casting our crowns -- giving back to God the praise and adoration He so deserves for all that He has given us. He offered His only Son for our atonement, that we could be washed clean and live eternally -- and even abundantly. He loves us, though we daily fail Him and grieve His Spirit with our thoughts and actions. He helps us in our times of need and gives us revelation when we seek Him. Thank you Lord, for ALL Your blessings toward us -- You are Good and Your mercy endures forever -- hallelujah!

Negev Desert, Israel

Editor's Note: If you're interested in my assessment of the potential war in Syria, check out my blog. 

Editor's Note: It looks like we will traveling the United States again this late fall/winter. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:48 am

Elaine, cast your bread upon the waters! 

Micah 7:18-19 Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity and passes over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy. [in Hebrew mercy is the word "ch-sed" -- which has a much deeper meaning. Click here to read an explanation of the richness of this word.He will turn again, He will have compassion on us, and He will subdue our iniquities. Yes, You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. 

One of the more beautiful ceremonies of the Jewish faith is called "Tashlich". Tashlich means to cast away. Every year between Rosh haShana and Yom Kippur, Jewish people around the world journey to a nearby river or stream and cast in bread crumbs as they confess their sins. As the bread crumbs are swept downstream soon to be out of sight, so they believe God will sweep away their sins. 

We as believers in Yeshua (Jesus), know that true forgiveness doesn't come by doing works, keeping traditions and taking part in beautiful ceremonies. Reconciliation with God comes by truly giving up our lives for His purposes and receiving atonement for our sin through Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah), as the Hebrew scriptures clearly show. 

Elaine, we all struggle with sin. Let's take this opportunity to tashlich it today! Cast it away! The Scripture says that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us, cleanse us from all unrighteousness and remove those sins as far as the east is from the west! Let's not be burdened any longer with sin -- confess it and be cleansed! The Lord is in the business of restoration -- let's give Him our lives once again. And let’s pray for God to do a work among the Jewish people. That they would see the truth of their blessed Messiah! There’s so much work to be done!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:56 am

Elaine, we're in the midst of Awesome Days!

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Between Rosh HaShannah and Yom Kippur are ten days. These days are known as "Yamim Noraim", "the Days of Awe" -- or also translated, the "Awesome days". In Judaism it has been long believed that these days seal your fate for the upcoming year -- and also allude to your final destiny, concerning whether your name continues to be written in the Book of Life. Throughout the ages, Jewish people spend the Days of Awe in great reverence -- aware of the holiness and judgment of YHVH; so repentance, reconciliation, forgiveness and a general heightening of moral conduct are emphasized. After the holiday, for many, it's back to life as usual.

But we ought to realize...there are nine verses in the Bible, Old and New Testament, which clearly state that we will be judged and rewarded for our works. (The final one is Revelation 22:12). Salvation is by grace through faith; and all who believe have their names written in the Book of Life.[Eph 2:5], but our rewards will be determined solely by what we have done. One day, when this life is over, we will all stand before the judgment seat of Messiah (Christ). Once we breathe our last breath we will never again be able to prepare for eternity! These are our days of awe; not just once a year, but every single day of our life. Our everyday deeds on earth will determine our destinies in eternity. 

Elaine, each of our days -- these Awesome days --should be held in awe and used to the fullest. Use them wisely! Get right with God, every morning; tie up the loose ends, forgive others their offenses, be filled with His Spirit, and walk in love. You won't need to fear the Days of Awe, but instead look forward to a rich reward in God's Eternity-- yes, in fact we are... truly we're living in the Days of Awe!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:42 am

Elaine, the Lord Himself provided!

Genesis 22:7-13 And Isaac spoke to Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. Then he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and placed the wood in order, and he bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched out his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And He said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me. Then Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son.

One of the major themes of Rosh Hashana is called Akedat Yitzchak, which means the Binding of Isaac. According to Jewish tradition, God told Abraham that the ram's horn – otherwise known as a shofar – should be blown on Rosh Hashana to remind people of the sacrifice that God provided Himself when Abraham was about to offer Isaac on Mount Moriah. It's abundantly clear that this event in the life of Abraham and Isaac foreshadowed God the Father's offering of His Son, providing Yeshua (Jesus) as a sacrifice for all men. 

Elaine, as we now are in the midst of the "Days of Awe" – traditionally, a time of repentance between Rosh HaShana and Yom Kippur – let us take the time to examine ourselves, turning from sin again, toward our loving Creator, as we celebrate the fact that our names are written in the Lamb’s book of life. Through His perfect sacrifice, the Lamb of God, Yeshua, God's forgiveness is eternal and His love, everlasting.

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:18 am

Elaine, shana tova oo-metukah! 

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Tonight begins one of the highest holy days of all the feasts of the Bible, Rosh ha Shana (Head of the Year). According to Jewish tradition, Rosh haShana is the Day of Judgment, the day when the righteous have their names inscribed in the Book of Life and the wicked are judged for their transgressions. It is a day to commemorate the creation of the world, the creation of mankind, and the Akeida, the binding of Isaac to the altar. On this day only the ram’s horn (or the shofar) is blown in synagogues all over the world to commemorate the ram that was provided in lieu of Isaac’s life and call us to repentance.

After the sound of the Shofar, many eat apples dipped in honey and say “shana tova oo-metuka” (to a good and sweet new year)!

For those of us who know Yeshua (Jesus), this is a day to remember our sweet redemption in Him. Every portion of Scripture that is read and remembered in this service paints a beautiful portrait of our salvation in Jesus our Messiah, Yeshua haMashiach.

This is a time of conception of goals and aspirations of things we desire to attain for His Kingdom during the next year. It is a time to pray for the world to unite and press forward under the banner of Messiah. It is a day of salvation for all mankind both Jew and Gentile alike.

Elaine, let’s take this opportunity to crown Him as King of our lives once again and determine to live every breath, every moment, every day for His honor and glory in this new year of 5774!!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 12:12 pm

Elaine, times of refreshing are near!

1 Kings 19:4-5 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers. And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.

In this passage, Elijah had become so weary running from Jezebel that he sat under a Juniper tree and just asked the Lord to take his life. But the Lord knew exactly what Elijah needed and He sent forth a messenger to revive and nourish him. I love it.

In His infinite mercy, God sent an angel to minister to Elijah. And that was just enough to help him get up and continue to do great things for the Lord. We've all been under that tree, haven't we? Some of us arethere right now.

Perhaps you know a saint who is growing weary and in need ofrefreshment. Let's be available for the Lord, to be that messenger and supply his or her needs. Make a meal, give a gift, offer your time, maybe even just bring a word of encouragement -- perhaps that's all he or she needs to get up from under the Juniper tree and keep on keeping on for the Lord!

Elaine, when you supply a need for someone else, you areacting as God's messenger. And proverbs says that he who refreshes others will, himself, be refreshed!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 2:23 pm

Elaine, is there grass on your path? 

Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Early African believers were earnest and regular in private devotions. Each one reportedly had a separate spot in the thicket where he would pour out his heart to God. Over time, the paths to these places became well worn. As a result, if one of these believers began to neglect prayer, it was soon apparent to the others. They would kindly remind the negligent one, "Brother, the grass grows on your path."

Prayer is a time when we can be completely intimate with the Lord -- we can share all our burdens, heartaches, situations and life struggles... but sometimes we need to get away into the thicket, alone, and be intimate with Him! The Lord loves to be intimate with us! He doesn't want a superficial relationship of recited prayers -- but a deep relationship with Him -- the One who loves us with a love that is everlasting!

Elaine, if grass has begun to grow on your path, take some time out and find your way to that spot in the thicket today. God awaits you! 

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 2:20 pm

Elaine, be monopolized!

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

D.L. Moody has been influential in my personal life as I study and read about his life and ministry in the 1800's. I remember reading a story about how D.L. Moody was preparing to lead a revival throughout England to which an elderly pastor protested and said, "Why do we need this 'Mr. Moody'? He's uneducated, inexperienced, etc. Who does he think he is anyway? Does he think he has a monopoly on the Holy Spirit?"

A younger, yet wiser pastor stood up and responded, "No, but the Holy Spirit has a monopoly on Mr. Moody."

Do you truly want to be monopolized by the Holy Spirit? Let's face it -- the degree of fullness of the Spirit of God is in direct proportion to the intensity of our true desire. The reality of the spirit-filled life is -- we have as much of God as we truly want. 

Elaine, let's seek to have a deeper, more intimate relationship with Him. Let's allow the Holy Spirit to monopolize our lives and in doing so -- we'll be empowered to do the great things God has called us to do in these days!

Negev Desert, Israel

Elaine, which report will we give?

1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

When the twelve spies were sent into Canaan to spy out the land, ten returned with a bad report. Their assessment was that it was impossible to conquer the land that God had promised them. Forgetting how God had led them with a pillar of fire by night, and fed them manna from heaven during the day, brought forth water out of a rock, and parted the Red Sea, they saw the situation with only their natural eyes, failed to walk by faith, and succumbed to fear.

Joshua and Caleb however, returned with a good report. Refusing to be discouraged by what they saw, they fully trusted that their supernatural God was not going to break His promise to His people, Israel.

We are living in days where the world looks bleak, and the evils seem to grow more threatening and dangerous. How will we react? Will we be devastated and terrorized like the 10 spies with a bad report? Or will we do something extraordinary -- will we walk by faith like Joshua and Caleb, trust in the love and power of our God, and seize the opportunities that are at hand? 

Elaine, let's walk by faith and stand firm in it, facing every challenge, and laying hold of every opportunity that awaits us. May Joshua and Caleb be our examples of faith and courage in these days. With our God going before us, we also, can take the land, glorifying Him in every battle. 

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 27 Aug 2013, 8:15 am

Elaine, you're at war! 

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

As the threat of war looms on the horizon in Israel, I'm all the more reminded that we in the Body of Messiah are already at war spiritually. Constantly contending in our minds, we battle over thoughts and emotions which flow through them. The enemy often attacks by bringing up issues from our past. Failures, regrets, wounds, and traumas all have the potential to drag us down into doubt, darkness and despair. Our tremendous challenge is not to respond to these memories with old destructive thought patterns. Our victory lies in responding to these thoughts and feelings with the mind of Messiah as new creations in Him.

While we don't necessarily ignore thoughts and feelings from the past, it is vital that we don't allow them to control our souls and emotions, but that we take them captive through prayers and declarations inspired by our spiritual mind. For example, is the enemy speaking rejection to me causing me to feel unwanted and unloved? I will respond that I am ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED and that the Lord has shown His love to me in many ways by His spirit and through His Body.

A powerful illustration from the Old Testament is the Lord's forbidding the levitical priests from entering His Presence if they had touched any dead thing. This is a lesson for us - leave the old, dead mindset behind, the ways that you used to respond to things in the past - instead, enter the Holy of Holies and commune with your Lord!

Elaine, the battle over past issues is won when the Mind of Messiah in us takes authority over their meaning, purpose and definition in our lives With Yeshua (Jesus) on the throne of our hearts and minds, everything in our past is brought under His authority and works together for our good!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 25 Aug 2013, 11:55 am

Elaine, touch someone and bring out their inner beauty!

Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

A young couple was visiting a reknown jewelry store in New York City. They browsed through cases of magnificent diamonds with their gleaming yellow light along with many other splendid precious stones. Among those beautiful stones, one in particular caught his wife's eye. It was completely lusterless and didn't seem to be in the right place."That is one terrible looking stone, do you see that?", the she said. The curious husband asked a clerk if they could see the stone. The clerk opened the case, took out the stone and held it in his hand for a few minutes. When he opened it, there was a perfectly flawless stone. There was not a place on it that didn't gleam with the splendor of the rainbow. "How did you do that?", they asked in surprise. "This is an opal", he replied. "It is what we call the sympathetic jewel. It only needs contact with the human hand to bring out its wonderful beauty."

Merely a touch brings out this stone's beauty. We live in a world where beauty is hidden under pain, sin and suffering. How many lives only need the warm touch of human sympathy, love and compassion, to make them gleam with a radiant splendor? Reach out and touch someone this weekend for His glory! Share with them the love of God and not only will they receive a glimmer of joy, but you will gleam with His radiance too! When the Lord asked whom shall I send, Isaiah replied "Hineni (here am I)". 

Elaine, let's say "Hineni" today and be used by the Lord to bring out the beauty of those around us!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:46 pm

Elaine, feeling itchy? 

1 Thes. 5:16-18 Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

In her book “The Hiding Place” Corrie ten Boom relates an incident that taught her always to be thankful. She and her sister Betsy had just been transferred to the worst German prison camp they had seen yet, called Ravensbruck. The barracks were extremely overcrowded and horribly flea-infested.

After their scripture reading in 1st Thessalonians that morning, where the Lord reminded them to rejoice always, pray constantly, and give thanks in all circumstances,

Betsy suggested they stop and thank the Lord for every detail of their new living quarters. At first, Corrie was appalled by the idea. She flatly refused to give thanks for that smelly, dirty, flea-ridden place. But Betsy persisted -- and Corrie finally succumbed to her pleadings.

It was by a miracle of God that Corrie and Betsy were able to smuggle their Bible into the camp. If the guards found out that the women were holding nightly Bible studies in their barracks, they surely would have been punished harshly, maybe even killed. During the months they spent at that camp, however, no guard ever said one word.

It was not until several months later that they learned the reason why the guards would hardly ever come into their barracks. They wouldn't enter the barracks because of the fleas!!

Elaine, perhaps you're dealing with some difficult circumstances today. But who knows? There may be a purpose beyond our understanding! Let's choose trust the Lord and maintain an attitude of thankfulness in every situation.

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:56 am

Elaine, where's your heart? 

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

When a Michigan man entered the hospital for tests one day, he never would have guessed what the doctors would find. A routine chest x-ray revealed that the man's heart was on the wrong side of his chest! Because of a rare reversed-organ condition, his heart was in the wrong place. This is a strange story indeed, although I think some of us suffer from this condition in a spiritual way.

Do you ever find yourself thinking you're in a good place with the Lord? I haven't done this sin or that sin in a long time. I'm doing much better in this area of my life than so and so is. I am in leadership in my church or ministry and and I think I'm a better Christian than the people I lead. You know what I'm talking about? We get to thinking we're in a good place -- a safe place -- home free.

This safe place is a dangerous place! The reality is that Satan wants us to be content in where we are. He wants us to compare ourselves to others and feel we've arrived! But we haven't! God wants us to continually strive to be more like Him! It is only when we come to a place of humility and dependence upon the Lord that we can have a heart that's truly in the right place.

Elaine, we need to daily examine ourselves to see if our hearts are where they need to be. Are we depending on God in every way? Are we constantly acknowledging that all we have and are is by His hand of mercy and grace? Let's stop comparing ourselves to others and our pasts and strive for God’s perfection today!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 11:04 am

Elaine, tutti-fruity! 

Matthew 7:16-20 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a corrupt tree bears evil fruit. A good tree cannot bear evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Most people reading this passage tend to focus in on the fruit that is produced. Okay...But a closer look will reveal that the Lord is really focusing on the tree. The fruit merely demonstrates the quality of the tree. We have all encountered this: there are trees whose fruit is healthy and delicious, and there are trees whose fruit is scarcely edible, or even useless.

The fruit doesn't make the tree -- the tree makes the fruit. A tree that produces good fruit is firmly rooted in soil which provides adequate water and nourishment. Likewise, those of us whose lives are rooted in and dedicated to Yeshua produce good fruit. Others who try to produce good works for "religious" reasons, or to prove or approve of themselves, may produce fruit, but it will be much inferior. When our focus is on Yeshua (Jesus), and our lives are centered in Him, the fruit we produce will not be from self-effort, and its quality will be excellent...because it is simply the produce of a good tree. 

Elaine, so, stop trying to produce good works in your own strength. Just tap into the Source of your life, Yeshua, allowing the sap of His Spirit to flow through you – and then watch what GREAT FRUIT He is continually able to produce!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 19 Aug 2013, 1:49 pm

Elaine, step out! 

Psalms 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

When Jim Burke became the head of a new products division at Johnson & Johnson, one of his first projects was the development of a children's chest rub. The product failed miserably, and Burke expected that he would be fired. When he was called in to see the chairman of the board, however, he met a surprising reception. "Are you the one who just cost us all that money?" asked Robert Wood Johnson. "Well I just want to congratulate you. If you are making mistakes, that means you are taking risks, and we won't grow unless you take risks!" Apparently, Mr. Johnson wasn’t joking! Years later, Johnson & Johnson remains one of the largest multi-national manufacturers of pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical, personal hygiene, baby and biotechnology products.

Likewise, we believers are called to take some risks so that God’s Kingdom may grow! So often, we cower at the opportunities He makes available because we are too afraid things won’t go the way hope and others might be disappointed or sneer at our failure. But God wants us to go forth boldly, sometimes taking a risk or two, so that we may accomplish great things for Him! Yes, sometimes we’ll get it wrong and there may be a hard lesson to learn. But we will learn-- and eventually great things will happen as result of our courage and persistence! 

Elaine, the time is short and there is so much work to do for the Kingdom! We cannot afford to stand in the sidelines any longer! Let’s ask the Lord to cause to us have courage and go in boldness! God’s Kingdom won’t grow unless we start taking some risks!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 1:46 pm

Elaine, we need some R&R! 

Genesis 2:2-3 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and made it holy: because on it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.

With with all the political craziness regarding Israel and her less than friendly neighbors, we've been receiving numerous emails expressing concern. Thank you all for your love and prayers.

Even in this climate of anxiety, we now prepare to enter, along with all of Israel, into the Shabbat (Sabbath). And as we do, we remember yet again, the deep lesson of in entering into God's perfect rest.

The word Shabbat comes from the Hebrew verb "shavat", which literally means "to cease". Shabbat implies that we need to stop working -- stop trying -- stop doing -- stop worrying and being anxious. ...simply, cease -- be still and rest. In a way, oddly enough, it takes effort. The writer of the letter to the Hebrews puts it this way: Heb 4:11 "Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter into that rest, so that no man will fall through by following their same example of unbelief." 

Elaine, this Shabbat, let's make the effort to rest in Him, and embrace the profound lesson of His Shabbat.... let go, and let God! If you're dealing with fear of the future, rest along with us -- choose to give it to the Lord! Our future is already secure in the finished work of Messiah! We can trust Him, in faith, knowing that not a single hair of our head can fall to the ground without Him allowing it. Shabbat Shalom!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:16 am

Elaine, He is the potter, we are the clay! 

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Early in the last century, sculptor Gutzon Borglum gazed at the cliffs of South Dakota's Black Hills. As any great artist would, He saw what no one else could the sculpted faces of US presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt. After 14 years, he finally completed his project -- Mount Rushmore.

How in the world did Borglum foresee such a work of art by looking at a cliff? He envisioned what those Black Hills could become.

God is envisioning what we are to become in Him! But in order for the Him to make a beautiful monument of us, we must allow ourselves to be moldable. He wants to mold us into the image He desires -- His own! He wants to chip away at our rough edges and make us into a fine work of art, that all who see us will be awed and enriched. In the hands of a great artist, we can be created into incredible works of art that survive the ages, even after we have passed through this life into the next!

Elaine, let's become moldable in the Father's hands and make Him proud to show off what He's created!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:55 pm

Elaine, invest in eternity! 

1 Timothy 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

The great pyramids of Egypt have become objects of fascination for many involved in the New Age teching. Some think they were built by aliens from outer space. Others say they are containers of cosmic power. All of them are trying to find the great "secret" of the pyramids. What they are, really, are structures of death, exaggerated tombstones, coffins. The pyramids were made for death. They were built to house a dead body, along with the useless riches of it's rotting corpse.

The pyramid holds an important lesson for our lives, however. All the works of our flesh and self-glorification end in waste, destruction, futility and death. Our accomplishments in the flesh might be grand, exalted, and elaborate -- but they're really just a monument to ourselves that have no life within them. If we want death, let's look to the flesh and all the glories of man -- look to the pyramids. But if we want life, we'll only find it by abandoning the flesh, walking in purity and putting our faith in Yeshua (Jesus), the one who gives us abundant life!

Elaine, investments in eternity neither rust nor rot, so let's become wise investors -- investing in the Kingdom! There's so much work to be done!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 9:39 am

Elaine, keep pressing forward! 

Isaiah 33:2 O LORD, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.

During the building of the Golden Gate Bridge over San Francisco Bay, construction fell badly behind schedule because several workers had accidentally fallen from the scaffolding to their deaths. Engineers and administrators could find no solution to the costly delays. Finally, someone suggested a gigantic net be hung under the bridge to catch any who fell. Finally in spite of the enormous cost, the engineers opted for the net. After it was installed, progress was hardly interrupted. A worker or two fell into the net but were saved. Ultimately, all the time lost to fear was regained by replacing fear with faith in the net.

Do you have a fear of falling or failing? The Lord is always right there to be our net -- to catch us when we fall. He is our salvation in time of trouble and provides the perfect safety net in Messiah!

Elaine, rest in Him and His finished work 2000 years ago. Press on full steam ahead!

Currently in Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 12 Aug 2013, 6:51 am

Elaine, look outside your window! 

John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Here’s an interesting fact about American church history that you may not know. Years ago, when the first New England churches were designed, they were built with clear windows rather than the stained glass ones we see so often today -- and the graveyard was usually built in the churchyard, which would normally be seen from the pulpit. Why?

It was so that the pastor could see the graveyard while he preached and be reminded of the urgency of his message! It was so he could be reminded that everyone who sat in the pews before him as he spoke, would eventually fill a place in that cemetery outside the window and ultimately have to stand before God to be judged. Can you imagine?

Back then, the first and foremost priority of the church was to bring men and women into a right relationship with the Lord. What’s happened to us that we’ve started building churches with windows you can’t see through!? 

Elaine, there is a harvest outside! Let’s uncloud our windows and give ourselves to the work that needs to be done! Let’s make a commitment to share the good news with someone today!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:11 am

Elaine, you're at war! 

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

As the threat of war looms on the horizon in Israel, I'm all the more reminded that we in the Body of Messiah are already at war spiritually. Constantly contending in our minds, we battle over thoughts and emotions which flow through them. The enemy often attacks by bringing up issues from our past. Failures, regrets, wounds, and traumas all have the potential to drag us down into doubt, darkness and despair. Our tremendous challenge is not to respond to these memories with old destructive thought patterns. Our victory lies in responding to these thoughts and feelings with the mind of Messiah as new creations in Him.

While we don't necessarily ignore thoughts and feelings from the past, it is vital that we don't allow them to control our souls and emotions, but that we take them captive through prayers and declarations inspired by our spiritual mind. For example, is the enemy speaking rejection to me causing me to feel unwanted and unloved? I will respond that I am ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED and that the Lord has shown His love to me in many ways by His spirit and through His Body.

A powerful illustration from the Old Testament is the Lord's forbidding the levitical priests from entering His Presence if they had touched any dead thing. This is a lesson for us - leave the old, dead mindset behind, the ways that you used to respond to things in the past - instead, enter the Holy of Holies and commune with your Lord!

Elaine, the battle over past issues is won when the Mind of Messiah in us takes authority over their meaning, purpose and definition in our lives With Yeshua (Jesus) on the throne of our hearts and minds, everything in our past is brought under His authority and works together for our good!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 5:05 pm

Elaine, be still! 

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God! I will be praised among the nations, I will be praised in the earth. 

In one passage in John, Mary and Martha come running to Yeshua (Jesus), asking Him to heal Lazarus, who was critically ill. Since Lazarus was a good friend of Yeshua, I'm sure they were expecting that Yeshua would come immediately to his aid. The scripture says, however, that Jesus stayed two more days in the place where He was. It was in those two days that Lazarus died.

It's so hard to understand why it is that God waits to do the things we ask of Him. It's good for us to remember, though, that He has His purposes for waiting. God was about to teach everyone involved a much deeper lesson here. As Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, He made sure they all understood that He is the resurrection and the life for all who believe.

God has His perfect timing for everything under heaven. You may be waiting for God to intervene in some area of your life. You may have been begging and pleading with God for years on that particular thing. But we can relax and know that God's timing is perfect. We never know what God is doing behind the scenes, in order that our joy would be made full. Remember that He knows best what would bless us most and He is working all things for those of us who love Him and are called according to His purposes.

Elaine, relax. God is in control. He has greater things for you than what you could ask or think!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 12:35 pm

Elaine, stay on guard! 

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Anyone who has traveled to Edinburgh, Scotland has probably seen the Edinburgh castle. It is a tower of seemingly insurmountable strength. However, long ago that castle was attacked and seized.

One place in the fortress was protected by its steepness and impregnability, they thought, so no guards were posted there. But at an obvious weak spot was where the most guards were stationed. Wouldn't you know that at an opportune time, the attacking army sent a small band up that unguarded slope and surprised the garrison into surrender. Where the castle was strong, there it was weak.

In his autobiography, Benjamin Franklin wrote: "There is perhaps no one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. Beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as one pleases, it is still alive. Even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility".

I guess the even best of us struggle with pride in our lives -- wait, come to think of it -- it's most likely the best of us that struggle with pride the most! 

Elaine, the enemy of our souls would like nothing more than to cause us to stumble -- especially in the areas we feel most secure!! We need to be on guard. Let's never put our hope in our own strengths, or anyone else's for that matter. We must remind ourselves continuously that it is the Lord who is our strength, and He alone.

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:22 am

Elaine, patience -- oh what a lesson! 

2 Peter 1:5-7 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Patience is one of those attributes that you cannot learn by reading about it. It's a quality that can only be acquired by persistent, enduring, practice– and for me it's a drill that I go over, and over, and over again!

The original Webster's dictionary offers this definition of patience: "the suffering of afflictions, pain, toil, calamity, provocation or other evil, with a calm, unruffled temper; endurance without murmuring or fretfulness, from a kind of heroic pride, or from a Christian submission to the divine will."

Reading this definition two things really struck me -- first, "endurance without murmuring". I, for instance, get so frustrated sitting in a traffic jam... counting the wasted minutes when I could have been doing something useful! Yet, what an opportunity for me to choose to quench the inner fumes -- and use the delay to work on my patience!

The second thing that really hit me was, "a Christian submission to the divine will." How many times are we placed in a difficult position, or forced to deal with an "impossible" situation? Or perhaps, an "impossible" person? These circumstances are always opportunities to grow in patience -- or to learn to submit to God's providential will, and often, to minister in some special or unique way. 

Elaine, is your patience being tested today? Great! Remember, love is (first of all) patient. [1 Cor. 13:4] The Lord is training you toward godliness –- and godliness is moving toward perfect love. With so much work to be done, He is really wanting to work this quality into your character now -– to perfect your love, and with it to transform the world around you for His glory! 

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:24 am

Elaine, silent, yet powerful! 

Colossians 4:12-13 Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured. I vouch for him that he is working hard for you and for those at Laodicea and Hierapolis.

Epraphras is not a name you hear much of. He was a member of the church in Colosse, and obviously a dear saint in the Lord. We know that he suffered imprisonment with Paul at one time. But the thing that really impresses me about this saint is what Paul wrote about him– he always wrestled in prayer!

The intercessory work of the saint through prayer is the work behind the scenes, the silent ministry that the world knows little of, yet more powerful than any weapon on earth unleashing power from above that makes demons tremble!

This was a man with whom Paul must have been accustomed to praying, and clearly the apostle knew of his zeal from personal experience. But notice what Epaphras prayed for – that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God! That's my prayer for each one of our readers! 

Elaine, in this day and age, when you can feel the winds of spiritual warfare swirling all around – when faith will be tested to the extreme – my prayer is that you will stand perfect and complete in the will of God! With so much work to be done, and so many of us under severe attack, never neglect the power of prayer – for this silent ministry counts so much more than you may realize, not only here on earth-- but also, where it really counts...in heaven!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next