Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» STATE DEMANDS PREACHERS GET PERMISSION TO SPEAK
Yesterday at 11:04 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Yesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 10:54 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Yesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Yesterday at 10:47 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 10:40 pm by Admin

» FAKE NEWS
Yesterday at 9:24 pm by Admin

» Beautiful Video's and music
Yesterday at 7:46 pm by Admin

» Sean Hannity: Bombshell FBI memo is ‘worse than Watergate’
Yesterday at 7:24 pm by Admin

» The Hope - The Rebirth of Israel (CBN)
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by Admin

» The 6 Day War Israel
Yesterday at 7:11 pm by Admin

» WND EXCLUSIVE
Yesterday at 6:56 pm by Admin

» British politician slams London Muslim Mayor "You turn London into a sh*thole"
Yesterday at 6:17 pm by Admin

» U.S. WITHHOLDS ADDITIONAL $45 MILLION FROM TERROR-LINKED U.N. AGENCY
Yesterday at 5:14 pm by Admin

» SHOEBAT
Yesterday at 1:49 am by Admin

» Shocking 1995 Video Surfaces Of Obama Revealing Who He REALLY Is
Yesterday at 1:18 am by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S
Yesterday at 12:49 am by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 12:39 am by Admin

» Bombshell: Classified FISA memo could be ‘ObamaGate’ worse than Watergate
Yesterday at 12:35 am by Admin

» TERROR LINK TO VEGAS SHOOTING? 'CREDIBLE INFO,' SAYS CONGRESSMAN
Yesterday at 12:10 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 34 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 10:29 pm

Elaine, do ya love me?

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

An ancient story in Church history tells of the apostle John. He would constantly repeat the words, "Little children, love one another." And his disciples became weary of the phrase. Finally, in his old age, as John was being carried to their assembly, the disciples asked him, "Why do you always repeat these same words?" "Because friends," John replied, "it is the Lord's commandment -- and if only this one were fulfilled, it would be enough."

What is the greatest witness we Christians have to the world around us? I can tell you it's not only our words of wisdom, though they may be wonderful. It's not only our knowledge of the Scripture, though it may be vast. It's not only our material giving, though it may be great.

The greatest witness we have is the kind of love that the Bible defines above. Have we been patient and kind with others? Perhaps instead, we've been envious, boastful, proud, rude, self seeking or easily angered. I know I have. Have we kept a record of wrongs? Have we we delighted in evil? Uggh. When we express the true love of God, we always rejoice in the truth, protect, trust, hope and persevere.

Love never fails. Love can turn evil to good, darkness into light and enemies to friends. True love can totally transform the world around us.

Elaine, I am humbled, are you? Let's strive to start loving the way the Lord would have us love. Yeah -- you know why. 'Cause there's just so much work to be done!!'

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 10:23 pm

Elaine, do ya love me?

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

An ancient story in Church history tells of the apostle John. He would constantly repeat the words, "Little children, love one another." And his disciples became weary of the phrase. Finally, in his old age, as John was being carried to their assembly, the disciples asked him, "Why do you always repeat these same words?" "Because friends," John replied, "it is the Lord's commandment -- and if only this one were fulfilled, it would be enough."

What is the greatest witness we Christians have to the world around us? I can tell you it's not only our words of wisdom, though they may be wonderful. It's not only our knowledge of the Scripture, though it may be vast. It's not only our material giving, though it may be great.

The greatest witness we have is the kind of love that the Bible defines above. Have we been patient and kind with others? Perhaps instead, we've been envious, boastful, proud, rude, self seeking or easily angered. I know I have. Have we kept a record of wrongs? Have we we delighted in evil? Uggh. When we express the true love of God, we always rejoice in the truth, protect, trust, hope and persevere.

Love never fails. Love can turn evil to good, darkness into light and enemies to friends. True love can totally transform the world around us.

Elaine, I am humbled, are you? Let's strive to start loving the way the Lord would have us love. Yeah -- you know why. 'Cause there's just so much work to be done!!'

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 6:33 pm

Elaine, beware your thoughts!

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Picture this -- you come home from a long day of work -- you walk into your living room -- plop down on your couch in exhaustion -- and there in the corner of the room -- your eyes are drawn to something moving -- it's a rattlesnake! Do you say to yourself, "Oh, I'm too tired to worry about that now, I'll deal with it later?" Of course not! You jump up right away, find a bat or something, alert your family, call the neighbors, 911, the fire department, the national guard, and start praying with all your might! It's a life-threatening situation!

Though it may sound extreme, negative thoughts, which are lies, opposed to God's truth and character, should be treated the same way when they enter our minds. We ought to immediately sense their danger and rise to action; take that thought captive and bring it under submission to the truth of God's word. These thoughts are as poisonous to our minds and souls as rattlesnake bites are to our bodies. If we realize that danger, we'll be extremely vigilant to watch what we allow to sneak into our minds and remain there. Thoughts cannot be taken captive until they appear and are recognized. So we need to watch them carefully and consider whether they're good and true or not.

Bad thinking comes in many forms. Dangerous thoughts can be obvious and easily recognized as sinful and evil or destructive, lustful, vengeful, spiteful, and vain; or they can be subtle as snakes, quietly lying in the background like clever rationalizations or spiritual pride. Whatever form they take is dangerous to our spiritual well being, and this word from Paul exhorts us to deal with them on the spot, just as if a snake had entered the house.

Elaine, your mind is active and thinking during every waking hour, (and also of course in your dreams). Developing a habit of watchfulness over your thinking is a challenging discipline that will change your life and protect your spiritual house. Knowing the word of God is a tremendous help since the word contains God's thoughts which are the corrective for our bad and wrong thinking. So pay attention! What was that my mind just told me? Is that true and good, blessed and holy...or is it a snake? Respond accordingly...and fast!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 5:57 pm

Elaine, keep close! 

Ephesians 4:3-6 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Yesterday, a good pastor friend of ours told us that his congregation was experiencing some hardships and division. How often does this happen among us? It breaks my heart -- and I believe the Lord weeps over this too.

Aesop wrote a fable about four bulls who were the best of friends. They always kept close to each other so that in the event that danger came their way, they would face it together. They traveled together, grazed together, and lay down to rest together.

One day, a hungry lion who lived nearby spotted these four friends and became determined to catch one. He was no match for all four of them at once, so he would follow them and watch carefully, hoping to catch one alone. Every time he saw one lagging the least bit behind, he would sneak up and whisper to him that the others had been saying unkind things about him. This, he did with each bull until finally all four began to feel suspicious and uneasy around one another. Each thought that the other three were plotting against him.

When the lion succeeded in breaking the trust among them, the bulls went their separate ways....... and one by one, he devoured them.

I'm sure you can see the analogy here. The enemy would love nothing more than to divide us and break the trust among us in the body of Messiah. He knows full well that if he can just get us separated, he can come in for the kill! 

Elaine, let's not allow the devil to play out his wicked scheme! Be on guard! Don't gossip -- overlook offenses -- pray with one another and be determined to stick together, so that we may accomplish great and mighty things for God's kingdom! There's power in numbers -- and there's SO much work to be done!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 7:47 pm

Elaine, have you forgotten something? 

Psalms 111:4 He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.

A farmer was showing his visiting citydwelling friend around his farm. "Watch this!" he said. He gave a whistle and his little dog came running from the house, herded the cattle into the corral, then latched the gate with her paw. "Wow, that's some dog -- what's her name?" The forgetful farmer thought for a minute and then asked, "What do you call that red flower that smells good and has thorns on the stem?" "A rose?" "That's it!" The farmer turned to his wife. "Hey Rose, what do we call this dog?"

Funny how we forget things, isn't it? But I'm not so sure God finds it all that funny! When we read about the children of Israel and their journeys through the wilderness for forty years, we see how God provided wonderful miracles for them, feeding them daily with manna, guiding them by a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day, parting the Red Sea!

How is it, then, that they became so very hard hearted toward Him? Over time, I think those miracles just became commonplace and they began to take them for granted!

But then again when I look back on my life, I can't really blame them. It happens to the best of us! God has done miracles in our lives and I'm sure he's done many in each of yours as well! But we still get anxious when things aren't going quite the way we hoped, don't we?

Recall a miracle of God in your life. Remember the joy you felt? We need to relive that joy today! The miracle of God's new birth in us and the many other miracles God has done are not ones to be quickly forgotten. We need to relive them daily! 

Elaine, we never want to become cold toward God! Let's spend some time remembering the miracles He has done in our lives and strive to trust Him for the trials we face today!

Negev Desert, Israel

Elaine, the fields are white in the world! 

Matthew 9:37-38 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Since we returned to our home in the Negev Desert in Israel, we've noticed that the usual "desert scene" we are so accustomed to, has completely blossomed with grass and flowers -- what an amazing difference! It suddenly occured to me, as we were delighting in the beauty of it all, that the seed was already there! No one planted it. All the hills, now rolling endlessly with green -- they are not owned by anyone. Miles and miles of grass and wild flowers suddenly shoot forth where there was nothing but brown before! It was just waiting for someone to water it! And God brought the rains.

Elaine, be encouraged today!! The desert is blooming! This is a sign to us! Pray for the rains to come! God has planted seed from the beginning of time! In each of us -- even those who seem furthest from the Lord -- God has planted seed! And we will see salvation and revival because of His great mercy and love!

Negev Desert, Israel

Elaine, learn to trust the giver! 

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

F.B. Meyer once said, "The education of our faith is incomplete [till] we learn that God's providence works through loss ... that there's a ministry to us through the failure and fading of things. The dwindling brook where Elijah sat is a picture of our lives. 'Some time later the brook dried up' (1 Kings 17:7) is the history of our yesterdays and a prophecy of our tomorrows ... learn the difference between trusting in the gift and trusting in the Giver. The gift may last for a season but the Giver is eternal. If the Lord had led Elijah directly to the widow at Zarephath, he'd have missed something that helped make him a better man -- living by faith. Whenever our earthly resources dry up it's so we may learn that our hope and help are in God."

The world is engulfed in a financial crisis, and there are many that are wondering how they are going to pay their bills. When we first moved to Israel just over 10 years ago, we left the United States with just a few thousand dollars and a few suitcases. We honestly didn't know how we were going to survive financially. But in those first few months, we saw the faithfulness of God as He provided in the most miraculous ways. And it was during that season that we learned how God truly provides for His saints. Over the years, we've had to take huge steps of faith which seemed impractical and illogical through earthly eyes -- but we took those leaps, and God has always provided -- often at the very last minute! But something the Lord taught me early on -- if it's the Lord's will -- it's the Lord's bill!

Elaine, even though we're living in this "economy" -- if you are a saint of God then you're in His economy -- and in His economy, the resources are not limited. Let's keep our focus on the GIVER, instead of the gifts!

Negev Desert, Israel

Elaine, are you at peace? 

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Back in the third century Cyprian the Bishop of Carthage wrote to his friend Donatus: "It is a bad world, Donatus, an incredibly bad world. But I have discovered, in the midst of it, a quiet and holy people who have learned a great secret. They have found a joy, which is a thousand times better than any of the pleasures of our sinful life. They are despised and persecuted, but they care not. They have overcome the world. These people, Donatus, are Christians, and I am one of them."

This is the kind of peace that we are supposed to experience as believers. The kind of peace that people notice, especially when we display it through our troubles. The kind of peace we can attain when we're despised -- when we're persecuted -- when everything is chaotic around us. 

Elaine, yeah, it's a bad world, an incredibly bad world. But we have victory in our Lord. Let's determine to trust God for that victory in a way we haven't before.

Negev Desert, Israel

Elaine, He's looking for a few good men (and women)!

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

The following is an excerpt from Moody's Anecdotes, a must read.

"A young man enlisted, and was sent to his regiment. The first night he was in the barracks with about fifteen other young men, who passed the time playing cards and gambling. Before retiring, he fell on his knees and prayed, and they began to curse him and jeer at him and throw boots at him. So it went on the next night and the next, and finally the young man went and told the chaplain what had taken place, and asked what he should do. 'Well,' said the chaplain, 'you are not at home now, and the other men have just as much right to the barracks as you have. It makes them mad to hear you pray, and the Lord will hear you just as well if you say your prayers in bed and don't provoke them.'

For weeks after the chaplain did not see the young man again, but one day he met him, and asked - 'By the way, did you take my advice?' 'I did, for two or three nights,' [the soldier answered.] 'How did it work?' 'Well,' said the young man, 'I felt like a whipped hound and the third night I got out of bed, knelt down and prayed.' 'Well,' asked the chaplain, 'How did that work?' The young soldier answered: 'We have a prayer meeting there now every night, three have been converted, and we are praying for the rest.'

Oh, friends, I am so tired of weak Christianity. Let us be out and out for Christ; let us give no uncertain sound. If the world wants to call us fools, let them to it. It is only a little while; the crowning day is coming. Thank God for the privilege we have of confessing Christ."

Elaine, need we say more? Let's ask the Lord to touch our lives with power today. That we may be released from our stresses, our problems and even our own desires -- that we may become focused on being available for the task at hand.

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 3:48 pm

Elaine, long time - no hear! 

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

An Indian was walking in downtown New York City alongside a resident friend. As they approached a busy street corner in the center of Manhattan, the Indian seized his friend's arm and whispered, "Wait. I hear a cricket." "Come on!", the city boy sneered, "This is downtown New York -- how could you possibly hear a cricket?" His friend persisted however, "No - seriously, I do!"

As cars were roaring, horns honking, people shouting, brakes screeching, cash registers clanging, subway clamoring and people bustling about, the Indian began leading his friend along slowly, every now and again stopping and turning his ear toward the seemingly noiseless sound. At last, the Indian insisted they were near and proceeded to follow the sound across the street and toward a small dark corner next to a graffiti covered wall. There, he bent down to a minuscule tuft of grass and pulled out the cricket. "I told, you", he said, "I heard a cricket."

Astounded, the New Yorker marveled "How could you have heard that cricket in the middle of all this noise?" "Well", said his foreign friend, "My ears are different from yours. It simply depends on what you're listening to. Here, let me show you what I mean." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of change --a couple of quarters, three or four nickels, and a dime and a few pennies. "Now," he said, "watch this." He held the coins waist high and dropped them to the sidewalk. At once, every head within nearly a block turned around and looked in the direction of the Indian.

"You see, It all depends on what you're listening to."

To what sounds are our ears trained to listen? Are they trained to hear the sound of money, of gossip, of complaining, of worldly things or are they trained to hear the still small voice of the Most High, directing and advising us in the way we should go?

Elaine, let's ask the Lord to train our ears to hear the things of God this weekend. We need to be listening for His direction in the hustle and bustle of this noisy and influential world or we will surely go astray!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 11:09 pm

Elaine, one day at a time! 

Psalms 25:4-5 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

A father asked his son to carry a letter from their camp to the village. He pointed out a trail over which the lad had never gone before. "All right Dad, but I don't see how that path will ever reach the town," said the boy. "Well son, I'll tell you how. Do you see that big tree down the path?" asked the father. "Oh, yes, I see that far." "Well, when you get there by the tree, you'll see the trail a little farther ahead -- and farther down you'll see another big tree -- and when you reach that one you'll be closer and so on until you get within sight of the houses of the village."

In the same way, I believe God wants to reveal the way for each one of us on our trails toward Him, one tree at a time. Sometimes we're convinced we need to see the end of our path, so that we can be reassured that there's something good down there, or that we're going in the right direction, or that we'll be able to see if it gets dark.

We know first hand how it feels to walk in the darkness here in the Land and not know where the end will be -- and often how we'll have the strength and sustenance to get there. It's not easy to move forward and trust that God will light the path ahead and point us in the way we should go. But the fact is that it is a crucial step toward our growth and maturity in the Lord and we all need to get to there. 

Elaine, let's give our hesitation and fear to the Lord. He will not fail us. He will be faithful to light our path and lead us in the way everlasting -- one day at a time.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 8:44 pm

laine, what is your reasoning?

1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, "Do no look at his appearance, or at the height of his stature; because I have rejected him: for the LORD sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Have you ever used the phrase "I have every reason in the world ....."? I sure have. But I was thinking about it. What I'm really saying when I say that is -- that I have every reason to do whatever it is I'm doing in the world's eyes --and not in my heavenly Fathers!

When Samuel was called by God to anoint Israel's next king, he was sure that God's choice would be Jesse's first son Eliab -- but he wasn't exactly what the Lord had in mind. God chose the least likely of Jesse's sons, David, because he was a man after His own heart! While the world looks carefully on outward appearance, God is carefully examines the heart!

Elaine, when making decisions, we need to be sure to have the heart of God in the matter -- not our own reasoning, researching and weighing of circumstances. Are you facing a big decision today? What may seem like the perfect opportunity to us and the world around us may not necessarily be God's choice! Let's spend some time praying and seeking the Lord!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 12:58 pm

Elaine, who do you trust? 

Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

I came across an old article about "fake physicians". According to this article, many American citizens could be receiving medical treatment from doctors who lied on their medical school loan applications and used the money to pay a broker for fake documents. One guy was arrested and later admitted that he was paid beaucoup bucks to hand out approximately a hundred phony medical documents claiming that his clients completed their training! Can you imagine?!

Not to scare anyone, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that this kind of thing is commonplace today -- we live in a world full of corruption and deceit.

But you know what really DOES surprise me? We would sooner trust in doctors we don't know and medicines we've never heard of than trust in the healing touch of the Lord! We've somehow, been conditioned to look for every possible physical solution to our health problems and finally, when those don't work, we throw up our hands and say "Oh well, there's nothing left to do but pray!"

Elaine, let's get real here! We need to go to God FIRST! Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you! Haven't we heard this somewhere before? Let's start putting our trust first in the Lord today!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 4:32 pm

Elaine, be valiant!

Judges 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared to him, and said to him, The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valour!

Judges 6 begins with an angel talking to Gideon saying, "thou mighty man of valour!" However, in this passage Gideon isn't feeling very valiant -- he's consumed with his circumstances -- how poor his family is and how he's the least of his fathers' house. He doesn't feel he's done anything worthy of being called valiant, yet the angel still addresses him "mighty man of valour!"

Gideon is not the only one who struggles with feeling unvaliant, though, is he? Even the best of us struggle with feelings of failure and defeat. But we must remember that we are part of the Lord's army -- and in the Lord's army we do not depend upon our own strength. We depend upon the power of the Lord! We depend upon the victory that He has already won!

Imagine the countless thousands of saints like Gideon who have passed away before us and now sit in heaven's glory where every tear is dried, and every wound is healed -- who have already fought the battle of life and are calling down to us from heaven saying "Fellow Saint, you can get through this thing! Fight this battle -- for we have fought these same battles in our lives and been rewarded with heaven's glory! So fight through and we'll see you soon beside us! March forward you mighty man and woman of valor!"

Elaine, the Lord stands anxiously awaiting our call. He wants us to walk in His power, not our own! Let's give him our circumstances today and strive to rely on His strength to conquer them!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 15 Mar 2014, 12:12 am

Elaine, be watching!

Est 4:14 For if you are completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance shall arise to the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house shall be destroyed. And who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for a time like this?

When I started Worthy News, I founded it on this word in Luke's gospel:– “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.” – Luke 21:36 Foundational to our ministry is the call to watch and pray, especially concerning world developments.

Mordecai's words to his niece, Esther, at this most critical moment in Israel's history, have become a timeless call to God's people to awaken and to be alert to the times and seasons in which we live. This weekend is one of those particular times to be “watching”! While the world anxiously awaits the outcome of the crisis in Ukraine this weekend, many may not be aware that the events taking place are falling on a particular holiday that has been significant in ancient as well as modern history.

You see, this weekend, the festival of Purim will begin on Saturday evening and continue for two days, ending on Monday at sundown. This yearly celebration marks the deliverance of the Jews in Persia from the hands of Haman, a vicious prime minister, who plotted the extermination of every Jew in the empire. The plot was foiled by God's providential hand and the courage of a lovely young Jewish woman who took her life in her hands for the sake of her people.

Modern history has also marked this festival several times in the past 25 years. The First Gulf war in the 1990's ended on the festival of Purim; and again, 12 years later, the Second Gulf war began on the same Jewish holiday. In 2011, the war with Libya started on Purim as well, and, as a side note, there was a blood red moon over Washington D.C. the night hostilities began.

Over the past week, both NATO forces and Russia have built up their military presence in the Ukraine. And this weekend, Russia is conducting a referendum in Crimea to determine whether the province will come under Russian sovereignty. The West is claiming that the referendum is invalid because Crimea is part of Ukraine. With such powerful military forces potentially arrayed against each other at this very season, an anniversary of terrible crisis, we are calling for watchfulness and vigilant prayer. It was Esther's call to every Jew to fast and pray for deliverance. Our prayers for a non-violent resolution to this dangerous situation on this portentous anniversary could help to avert another modern disaster.

Elaine, please join with us to watch and pray during this weekend festival – the crisis is real, and as the Lord's royal priesthood we have a mandate to stand with and for His purposes at "such a time as this”!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

Elaine, press through the swamps!

Psalms 107:2-6 Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy; And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south. They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in. Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them. Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.

In his book, Pilgrim's Progress, John Bunyan has written one of the most beautiful allegories about the journey we all travel as a believers. The book describes the hero, Christian, and his journey from the City of Destruction to his heavenly destination, the Celestial City. Now there's one part of Pilgrim's Progress that I want to focus on today -- walking through the Swamp of Despondency!

At one point during their travels, Christian and his companion suddenly find themselves there....in the Swamp of Despondency. Still bearing his burden, Christian, begins to sink in the mire. His traveling companion manages to get out, but he returns to the City of Destruction without giving aid to Christian. Christian is left all alone and sinking even deeper in the mire, until Help, the allegorical figure for the Holy Spirit, pulls him free from the swamp.

Christian then asks Help why this dangerous plot of land has not been mended so that poor travelers might go safely to the Celestial City. Help replies, "This miry slough is such a place that cannot be mended."

How true it is in real life! As hard as we try to avoid them, whether young in the Lord, or spiritually mature...swamps of despondency seem inevitable, and we must struggle through them!

Charles Spurgeon once wrote to his students in the book, "Lectures to my Students", "Fits of depression come over most of us. Usually cheerful as we may be, we must at intervals be cast down. The strong are not always vigorous, the wise not always ready, the brave not always courageous, and the joyous not always happy. There may be here and there men of iron...but surely the rust frets even these."

Elaine, there are times in our lives when we will struggle through the swamps of despondency -- but praise God that He has provided us a helper for those times of need! We need to press through, seeking and trusting the power of the Holy Spirit to pull us out of those nasty swamps, and set our feet back upon the Rock of our salvation. Let's also look around us to see our brethren who may be struggling in the swamps of despondency, so that, rather than abandoning them, we might give them a hand on their journey to the celestial city!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 1:14 pm

Elaine, are you at rest with the sky falling?

Genesis 2:2-3 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Over the past week, the world has experienced some severe birth pangs. If you’ve been reading Worthy News, you’ve read the situation in Ukraine has intensifed with the Russians massing their troops along the border with the West condemning the referendum taking this weekend in Crimea. In Israel, scores of rockets were fired out of the Gaza Strip and rockets continue to be fired despite a "ceasefire". The Iranians continue to threaten the destruction of Israel as an Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander stated, "Islam has given us this wish, capacity and power to destroy the Zionist regime so that our hands will remain on the trigger from 1,400km away for the day when such an incident (confrontation with Israel) takes place." Wars and rumors of wars embrace the headlines! The world is on the brink of going over the edge!

Nevertheless, even in this climate of anxiety, we are preparing to enter into Shabbat (the Hebrew word for Sabbath) this afternoon. And as we do, we remember again, the deep lesson of God's entering into His rest following the six creation days.

After working for six days – He entered into Shabbat. The word Shabbat comes from the Hebrew verb "shavat", which literally means "to cease". Shabbat implies that we need to stop working -- stop trying -- stop doing...simply, to cease from our own work. We need to simply let go, and let God! In a way it's different kind of work. The writer of the letter to the Hebrews puts it this way: "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." [Hebrews 4:11] So, this is a "work" of faith, where we are no longer working, but trusting God to accomplish the work He has begun and is perfectly able to complete!

This Shabbat, if you dealing with fear of the future, rest in the fact that YOUR future is already secure in the finished work of Messiah! You can trust Him, in faith, knowing that not a single hair of your head can fall to the ground without Him allowing it!

Elaine, enjoy your Shabbat tonight and embrace the profound lesson of the Sabbath – let go, and let God! Remember that the only real rest from anxiety, worry and fear … is found in HIM – Yeshua, the Lord of Shabbat!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 12 Mar 2014, 6:40 pm

Elaine, listen carefully!

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

"Before refrigerators, people used ice-houses to preserve their food. Ice-houses had thick walls, no windows, and a tightly fitted door. In winter, when streams and lakes were frozen, large blocks of ice were cut from the frozen waters, hauled to the ice-houses, and covered with sawdust. Often these ice-blocks would last well into the summer.

One man lost a valuable watch while working in an ice-house. He searched diligently for it, carefully raking through the sawdust, but didn't find it. His fellow workers also looked, but their efforts, too, proved futile. A small boy who heard about the fruitless search slipped into the ice-house during the noon hour and soon emerged with the watch.

Amazed, the men asked him how he found it.

"I closed the door," the boy replied, "lay down in the sawdust, and kept very still. Soon I heard the watch ticking." (story taken from "Directions" by James Hamilton)

So often life can become so hectic that it becomes hard to find time to sit still and just listen to what the Lord is saying. But Jesus often secluded himself, so that He could commune intimately with His Father. In these days and in this hour it's so imperative that we spend time in our own prayer closets, so we can clearly hear what our Father is saying to us, through His still small voice. If we do, we may find some wonderful and valuable things that others have missed.

Elaine, the question isn't whether God will speak, but whether we will take the time to be quiet and still enough to hear His voice. Let's be sure to take that time to hear what He's saying to us!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:19 pm

Elaine, claim your gifts!

Matthew 7:9-11 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Another great preacher whose writings I love to read is John R. Rice. He wrote, "I once imagined I was in Heaven, walking along with the Angel Gabriel. I said, "Gabe, what is that big building over there?"

"You'll be disappointed," he answered. "I don't think you want to see it." But I insisted, and he proceeded to show me floor after floor of beautiful gifts, all wrapped and ready to be sent.

"Gabriel, what are all of these?"

He said, I thought rather sadly, "We wrapped all these things, but people never called for them."

There are gifts and an abundance of blessings to be received from heaven -- but we need to claim them as our own! We receive not because we've asked not. 

Elaine, when we ask the Lord in humility and expectation for His goodness, He will answer! Then we'll be better equipped to do the great things He has in store for us. 

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:10 pm

[size=13.63636302947998]Elaine[/size][size=13.63636302947998], be His friend![/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]James 2:20-23 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness" -- and he was called a friend of God.[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]Looking at the relationship between "love and affection" ("chiba" in Hebrew) and "obligation" ("chova" in Hebrew), we find another closely related word, "chaver", one of the Hebrew words for "friend". Friends are people with whom we share love and affection and also a sense of obligation. Our God and Father wants us to be His friends, to share love and affection with Him and to carry the sense of responsibility and obligation which friendship requires.[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]Abraham was a friend to God. He believed and trusted His Friend, but he also came to share the awesome responsibility of that friendship. Abraham's Friend, the Lord Himself, asked Abraham to become a living picture of His relationship with His own Son, Yeshua, (Jesus), by offering his own beloved son Isaac on an altar at Mount Moriah. Abraham's response to his Friend's request expressed a level of commitment to the friendship which was probably unprecedented in all human history since the time of Adam.[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]Elaine[/size][size=13.63636302947998], as we consider these Hebrew words and their common roots, we begin to see that Biblical language expresses profound realities, and carries meanings which resound through history. And we find that the God of all creation desires an intimate friendship with human beings He created and loves. But that friendship involves degrees of commitment which test the very frontiers of relationship. If you are on one of those frontiers, you may count yourself blessed. Not everyone is called "a friend of God."[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]Your family in the Lord with much agape love,[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah[/size]
[size=13.63636302947998]Negev Desert, Israel[/size]
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 5:24 pm

Elaine, understand the obligation of love!

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. 

Here's another interesting Hebrew word parallel. The Hebrew word for "love" or "affection", "chiba", is formed by the same root letters as the word, "chova", "obligation", "debt", or "duty". In Hebrew, the only difference between these two words is a few vowel points. But you say, "Isn't love the very opposite of obligation !?" Well, yes and no. The Hebrew language has a wonderful way of relating concepts which seem incompatible.

The common romantic view of love in films and novels draws heavily on strong feelings of affection or passion. Even our love for God can flow from those kinds of feelings. (The apostle Peter was filled with them shortly before he denied the Lord three times.) But love based on obligation is another matter, and it's significant that the Jewish marriage contract, the "Ketubah", contains a list of “obligations” that a husband is required to fulfill for his wife. He might be passionately "in love" with her when he signs this contract, yet the wisdom of experience says this passion may wither with time, so the marriage ceremony formally "obligates" him to his spouse. By accepting these “obligations”, he agrees that love is nurtured by commitment.

One Rabbi commented: “Love which flows from obligation endures, but when obligation follows love, both are doomed.”

Our bridal relationship to Yeshua (Jesus) also reflects this reality. His "obligation" to us flowed from an irrevocable decision of His will and commitment to love us...which cost Him His human life. We might speculate on the Lord's feelings for us, but we don't have to wonder at all about His obligation, or the absolute security we have in His love for us. Our love for Him can be the same. Feelings of love are wonderful. But they also come and go. And there'll be times when we wonder, “Where's that lovin' feeling? Is God really there?” And that's when the sure foundation of commitment will arise in the heart of every true lover.

Elaine, God's great love for us is expressed in His commitment; to cover our debt of sin; guide us through this earthly life, and be our eternal Heavenly Husband. Cleansed by His blood and filled with His Spirit we can love Him and one another with the same commitment. The feelings will follow. 

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 7:01 pm

Elaine, faces reflect; reflect on faces, and behold His beauty!

Psalm 27:4 One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple.

The Hebrew word for "face" is "panim", (the Hebrew letters, peh-nun-yud-mem), literally "faces", a plural word. Normally, when we think about God, we focus only upon one of His "faces” at a time. God is "love" – or He is "holy"-- or He is "just"--- or He's a God of "wrath". Yet, of course, ALL these "faces" are His at once; and so the word "panim" accurately reflects the truth of God's multifaceted being. As we get to know Him better we begin to appreciate the complexity of His nature and the fact that our focus on one "face" is a very limited view, since there's so much more going on in His amazing "Personality".

Now the same four Hebrew letters which form the word "face", (peh-nun-yud-mem), also form the Hebrew word for "inside" or "interior". * This would seem to contradict the first meaning, "face", since "face" is the external part of a person or thing, not the inside. Yet here, as with many Hebrew words and concepts lies a deep truth, a paradox which expresses two sides of reality. The "face" is intimately connected with the "interior", and may accurately reveal the true "interior" of someone. There's even a science (or perhaps you might call it an art) of reading peoples' true attitudes and character by looking carefully at their facial expressions. So while we don't "judge a book by it's cover", we may begin to know a person better by carefully looking at her face...because it is true that the face often says something real about the inside of a person. Yeshua (Jesus) said, "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light." Inside and out, we're connected.

And this is something God wants us to do with Him; to meditate, or gaze upon His "panim", His "faces", and so to receive from His interior depths. Someday, we will see Him "face to face", and begin to know Him in ways which are unimaginable. Yet it is possible, by His Spirit within us, to begin now.

Elaine, God desires us to look deeper into who He is, even as we only look or meditate on one of His "faces". King David expressed his own unique desire in these words: "One thing I have asked from YHVH, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of YHVH all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the YHVH and to meditate in His temple." God's faces and His "interior" are one continuous eternal wonder. Let us spend time simply beholding Him!

* In Israel, the Ministry of the "Interior" is the first "face" you meet when interacting with the State on visa issues which determine your internal status in the Land. In Hebrew it's called the "Misrad HaPanim" (Office of the INTERIOR), literally, "Office of the Faces"!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 04 Mar 2014, 2:20 pm

Elaine, spare yourself, slay Agag now!

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

The first king of Israel, King Saul,was told by God to utterly slay Amalek and his descendants. In blatant disobedience Saul allowed Agag, the king of the Amalekites and the best of the cattle to remain alive. The following day, Saul tried to remedy his disobedience by attempting to sacrifice the best of the cattle to the Lord.

But the prophet Samuel informed Saul that because of his disobedience, his family would no longer reign over Israel, and he told Saul, "to obey is better than sacrifice." If offering the "best of the cattle" for sacrifice was a poor excuse for disobedience, its negative consequences must have paled in comparison with sparing the Amalekite King - whose infamous descendant Haman, an agagite (Esther 3:1) later rose to power seeking to destroy the entire Jewish population of Persia.

If Saul had dealt with Agag as God instructed him, he would have spared his people, centuries later, from the agonizing contest with a vicious enemy who would destroy them. So it is with sin. Allow it to live and be sure it will return to slay you with more power. Don't compromise. "Small" sins lead to bigger ones, and soon enough the early footholds that are ignored will turn into strongholds which cannot be!

Elaine, "Take no prisoners" when dealing with sin -- seek to be rid of the little sins, so that later you will avoid the strongholds that may threaten to compromise or destroy your walk, your calling, your life, and the precious relationship that the Lord has purchased for you!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:58 am

do you feel used?

Hebrews 13:20-21 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

While on the road to Damascus, Jesus appeared to Saul, blinded him and directed him to go to Damascus. There, God spoke to Ananias of Saul and told to lay hands on this troubled man. Ananias did as he commanded and Saul was filled with the Holy Spirit, healed of his blindness and immediately baptized.

In another instance, while Cornelius was praying, God sent an angel to tell him "Go and find Peter and he shall tell you what you need to do." Cornelius, along with his household and friends, did what he commanded, and God used Peter to bring them all into the Kingdom!

God could have easily brought both Saul and Cornelius into the Kingdom without the intervention of any believer – but that was not His plan. He used Ananias, Peter and countless others to finish what He had already started!

In the same way, God wants to include us in His plans! He has been speaking to people in our families, neighborhoods, offices and everywhere else we go! He has been drawing them gently and He wants us to be a part of their salvation!

Elaine, God still speaks to his people, does he not? And we are his sheep and know His voice, do we not? Let's start being used by the Lord for His great purposes -- let's be open to hearing His direction!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:37 pm

Elaine, what are you doing with your blessing?

Genesis 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

When we read this passage of Scripture, the first thing that probably comes to mind are all the promises that God gave to Abraham and the nation of Israel. But it occurred to me that there is a bigger lesson that we can learn here.

We tend to focus on the part of that scripture where God does the blessing -- but why did He bless Him? The answer lies in the passage! The Lord told Abraham: "I will bless you --- and you shall be a blessing." Abraham was blessed so that he could be a blessing!

The same is true today. The Lord has done so much for us! He has blessed us with so many things, the most important of which is His mercy in that He died for sinners like us! He has bestowed us with so much grace! He has allowed us to come into His Kingdom and be a part of the great things He's doing! What we have received should not only be for our own enjoyment but for the salvation of a dying world around us!

Elaine, God gives freely to us so that we may give freely to others! Let's not be afraid to give out the blessings God has granted us! Share God's goodness! To whom much is given, much is required!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 4:33 pm

Elaine, are you trapped? 

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Charles Swindoll wrote about these men who bring in animals from Africa for American zoos. They say that one of the hardest animals to catch there is the ringtailed monkey. For the Zulus of that continent, however, it's simple. They've been catching this agile little animal with ease for years.

The method the Zulus use is based on knowledge of the animal. Their trap is nothing more than a melon growing on a vine. The seeds of this melon are a favorite of the monkey. Knowing this, the Zulus simply cut a hole in the melon, just large enough for the monkey to insert his hand to reach the seeds inside. The monkey will stick his hand in, grab as many seeds as he can, then start to withdraw it. This he cannot do. His fist is now larger than the hole. The monkey will pull and tug, screech and fight the melon for hours. But he can't get free of the trap unless he gives up the seeds, which he refuses to do. Meanwhile, the Zulus sneak up and nab him.

There's a pretty clear moral to this story, wouldn't you say? If we really want to be free, we must let go of the things we love. The more we hold on to our earthly posessions, the more frustrated we will get and eventually, we will be entrapped. 

Elaine, let's let go of the worldly things we've been holding on to. God has much greater things for us to be doing than sitting here with our fists in a melon!

Negev Desert, Israel

Elaine, let the restoration begin! 

Acts 3:19-21 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

The word for "restitution" in this passage is the Greek word - "apokatastasis". This is the one and only place it is found in the New Testament. The word literally means to "restore again" or "to repair". The plan of God in sending His Son Yeshua (Jesus) was to restore that which had been broken and ruined. The Lord's saving work is a global repair job. Each one of us has come to Him already ruined by sin. But God's will and His promise is to restore and renew us through His Son.

This restoration process isn't a one sided affair. Having been initiated by the Lord, it requires of us humans, one essential response - that is, repentance. The passage above draws a clear parallel between repentance and refreshing. Anyone who has walked with the Lord for a while knows this well. Repentance brings refreshment, over and over......and over again.

Elaine, allow yourself to be refreshed...seek the Lord today and let Him show you where you need repentance. Then, go ahead and make the turn, and watch how quickly and beautifully you'll be restored, repaired and refreshed. Make it a daily habit, and you'll find yourself in the stream that leads to Eternal Life!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:11 pm

[size=13.63636302947998]Elaine[/size][size=13.63636302947998], prepare for war on the horizon! [/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]Psalms 27:3-4 Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this I will be confident. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that I will seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple.

[/size]
[size=13.63636302947998]A United States Army officer who trained pupils at Fort Still for over 20 years once described the different qualities of the students during the two decades of his tenure. During the 1950's, he observed the students' attitude as being so lax that the instructors had trouble keeping their students awake during their lectures. This drastically changed in the mid 1960's. The students began taking meticulous notes and absorbing every word of instruction. So, what changed? The lectures weren't any different. Were mid 60s students somehow more diligent? No... but the circumstances had changed. The pupils of the 1950's weren't expecting to be sent to war, but the men in the 1960's were being prepared to go to Vietnam. [/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]Elaine[/size][size=13.63636302947998], we are already at war and the battle is raging. We cannot afford to be unprepared, as though we were at peace. Each of has a post or a position to occupy, or a battlefront to advance upon. So let us stay awake, alert and in constant preparation, feeding and abiding in the Word of God, continuing instant in prayer and growing mighty in it. There's so much work to be done, and our Commander in Chief is looking for eager volunteers who are well prepared to serve. Honoring Him in the battles ahead will bring great joy through the exploits He will enable us to do.[/size]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:37 am

[size=13.63636302947998]Elaine[/size][size=13.63636302947998], what's your worth? [/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]Luke 12:6-7 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

[/size]
[size=13.63636302947998]A good friend sent us this story.[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of two hundred, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands immediately started going up.[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]"I am going to give this $20 bill to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up. He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still hands were up in the air.[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground, spit on it and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Still want it now?" Surprisingly, hands still didn't go down.[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]"My friends, I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here. No matter what I did to this money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was worth twenty whole dollars no matter what I did to it."[/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]"Often in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, spit upon and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. [/size]

[size=13.63636302947998]Elaine[/size][size=13.63636302947998], but here's the kicker. No matter what has happened, we will never lose value in God's eyes. To Him, dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, we are still priceless. The worth of our lives does not come in who we are but by whose we are! Let's give our lives back to the Lord today, our disappointments, our suffering, our feelings of worthlessness. He is the God of healing. He has made us clean and worthy of our calling in Him![/size]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Feb 2014, 5:43 pm

Elaine, do you feel led?

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

After Mt. St. Helens blew up in 1980, one church needed a great deal of cleaning up. Ash was in the parking lot and all over the inside because of open windows. A woman met the pastor in the hallway on Friday and asked "Why don't we get the High School and College kids to come in and help poor Fred clean this place up? Let's get them involved." "Great idea," he said, "Would you be willing to get some women together to cook lunch for us?" "Well actually, we had plans tomorrow and I don't know when we'll be back..."

Hmmm. We always want to volunteer someone else for a job needing done, don't we? My wife tells a story about a different pastor who once said "What? You don't feel led to help clean the church? I'll tell you what, here's a pencil -- come up here and feel lead!"

It's so easy to get into the mindset that serving God is a chore, it's our job, our duty -- we give "valuable consideration" to our giving, as Webster describes it. The fact of the matter is that God loves a cheerful giver. He loves a volunteer. When I think of that verse, the first thing that comes to my mind is monetary giving, but God wants us to cheerfully volunteer every good thing He has so mercifully allowed us to have -- things we often take for granted -- our time, our energy, our abilities, our talents, our homes, our cars, our families -- all that we have - all that He has cheerfully given to us!

Elaine, let's make a point to volunteer some of these things to the Lord this weekend. Let's begin to bless the Lord and those around us!

Negev Desert, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next