Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» Ps 10-25
Today at 3:42 pm by clark thompson

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Today at 1:48 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Today at 1:43 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Today at 1:42 pm by Admin

» BREAKING: CIA Assassination Plot Found in JFKennedy Files
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by Admin

» ABOUT BENGHAZI
Yesterday at 10:41 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Admin

» THE CLARION PROJECT
Yesterday at 8:55 pm by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Yesterday at 7:52 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Yesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Yesterday at 5:06 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Yesterday at 3:54 pm by Admin

» Meditation Chip Brogden
Yesterday at 3:41 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Yesterday at 3:01 pm by Admin

» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
Yesterday at 1:14 am by Admin

» German police arrest Syrian refugees planning Christmas terror attack
Yesterday at 12:43 am by Admin

» ISIS calls for the assassination of Barron Trump
Yesterday at 12:31 am by Admin

» BEXIT EU Secret document FCO 30/1048 kept truth about EU from British for 30 years
Yesterday at 12:19 am by Admin

»  POPE FRANCIS
Yesterday at 12:00 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 6:58 pm

Elaine, the best is yet to come!

Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

One of the mysteries of God is how He has placed the prophetic clock according to the Hebrew calendar. The feast of Sukkot is a harvest feast, which is also known as the feast of ingathering. This is one of the few feasts that has not yet been fulfilled prophetically.

To give you an idea of how God is working according to the Hebrew calendar, when Messiah was crucified and became the Lamb of God for the world, it was on Passover. When He rose from the dead, it was precisely on the feast of first fruits. After His ascension to heaven, and 50 days after Passover was the outpouring of the Holy Spirit during Pentecost or the Hebrew feast of Shevuot. This indicated the beginning of the harvest season. We have been in the midst of the great harvest for the past 2000 years.

In the world, the focus of life is -- NOW! The world focuses on youth, beauty, health, and ability. In the autumn of life, there's less celebration because according to the world, life goes downhill. But with God, it's completely opposite!

God is saving the best for last! While things of the world get worse, become old and fade away. The things of God only get better! Rejoice and look toward the day when there is no more death, no more sorrow, no more pain because in Him all these things will pass away. Throw away all the worldly pursuits and pursue God because the greatest celebration awaits us!

Elaine, keep going, even if it gets tough -- because it only gets better in God!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We are coming to the United States this Winter/Spring for a cross country speaking/music tour. If you want to hear timely word from Worthy News Founder and Director, George Whitten and powerful Israeli Worship Music from Baht Rivka Whitten, Lazman Hazeh Music, as well as testimony of life and ministry in the Land, make sure to book soon for your Congregation, Conference, Church, Home Fellowship or Israel focused Event. We hope to hug you! Please send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 7:59 pm

Elaine, see the power of God in sukkot!

2 Chronicles 7:10-14 On the twenty-third day of the seventh month he sent the people away to their tents, joyful and glad of heart for the good that the LORD had done for David, and to Solomon, and for His people Israel. And Solomon finished the house of the LORD and the King's palace, and Solomon successfully completed all that came into his heart to make in the house of the LORD and in his own palace, he has caused to prosper. And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him, "I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, if My people, which are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Roughly 3000 years ago during this month, King Solomon dedicated the Temple he had built for the Lord. So it was in the Hebrew month of Tishrei, the month of the fall feasts of Israel, that the presence of the Lord fell and the glory of God was displayed in the Temple.

Tonight marks the closing of this final feast, but its occurrence 3000 years ago is also significantly highlighted -- by a visitation from God -- to King Solomon.

You see, it was on this night, after the feast of Sukkot was over, that God appeared to Solomon by night, and said, “If my people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Yes, God gave us here an eternal promise with a set of conditions; one which is quoted by everyone who seeks revival for his nation.

Elaine, let's take God at His Word and turn this "IF" into an "I WILL"...humble myself, and pray, and seek Your face, and repent of my wicked ways...and thank you for answering from heaven, and forgiving my sin, and Praise You for healing our land!

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We are coming to the United States this Winter/Spring for a cross country speaking/music tour. If you want to hear timely word from Worthy News Founder and Director, George Whitten and powerful Israeli Worship Music from Baht Rivka Whitten, Lazman Hazeh Music, as well as testimony of life and ministry in the Land, make sure to book soon for your Congregation, Conference, Church, Home Fellowship or Israel focused Event. We hope to hug you! Please send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:01 pm

October 10

Today’s Reading: Isaiah 34; Colossians 2

Today’s Thoughts: The “Why’s” of Life

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" - >Mark 15:34

Isn’t it wrong to ask God "why?" Isn't it wrong to question God? One day I was reading this verse, and suddenly I realized that Jesus asked God "why?" While Jesus was on the cross, dying for the sins of the world, He asked God, "Why have You forsaken Me?" We all know that God did not forsake Jesus. We also know that Jesus never sinned, so asking God "why" does not have to be wrong. Just by including the Lord in our thoughts shows a step of faith. It shows faith because we are praying, acknowledging that He is listening, and God will reward our faith.

By being honest with the Lord, our hearts are softened to receive His wisdom involving the things of the past, while helping us to move forward in faith for future decisions. God tells us in James 1:5-8:

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

So the "why" questions are not the sin, but receiving an answer to those questions and then doubting the answer is the sin.

Today, start asking "why" about things you do not understand and ask the Lord to help you to go forward in faith. Ask the Lord to give you wisdom in how to receive His answers to the "why" questions in your life. Pray for faith, as we know that without faith, it is impossible to please God. As our faith grows, we will move forward to make decisions as the Lord leads us and we will trust in His guidance and direction for all things. The goal is to get past the "why's" and move on to the "what's"--trust, obey and get going.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.

Elaine, let the rivers flow!

Genesis 26:18-19 And Isaac digged again the wells of water, which they had digged in the days of Abraham his father; for the Philistines had stopped them after the death of Abraham: and he called their names after the names by which his father had called them. And Isaac's servants digged in the valley, and found there a well of springing water.

There are times in our lives that we are going through a spiritual valley and we want to obtain victory -- we want to have answers -- we want God's power to flow through us again.

In this passage, Isaac found springing water after digging up the wells of his father Abraham again. In Hebrew, the phrase springing water is "mayim chayeem". It literally means "living waters".

Yeshua (Jesus) made us a promise during the feast of Sukkot (Tabernacles), "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." - John 7:38

The Lord promises us rivers of living water -- not a puddle, not a pond, not a lake -- He said rivers! These waters are not meant to be stagnant and not meant to be dammed up! They need to be flowing -- unrestricted!

We, who are believers in Messiah, have those living waters within us -- but we must clear out the obstacles in our lives that prevent them from flowing! Sins of unforgiveness, resentment, bitterness, and clinging onto pet sins are just a few of the barriers which can damn up the "rivers" of living water! Let's seek the Lord and ask him to search us deeply and thoroughly that we know how to destroy those obstacles that clog the free movement of His Spirit in our lives!

Elaine, let's seek the Lord this Sukkot -- and purpose to re-dig our wells again! And I expect the Lord has a great blessing for us if we do!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 9:25 am

Elaine, fill your lamps!

John 8:12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world: he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but will have the Light of life."

Matthew 25:1-10 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

During the feast of Tabernacles in Yeshua's (Jesus') day, the temple priests would set up four great lampstands with golden lampholders, which they would light with the aid of enormous ladders in the Temple courtyard. The lighting of these lamps began the celebration of the "Great Hosannah" (Hoshannah Rabbah, in Hebrew). The celebration went on in to the wee hours -- with music and dancing and rejoicing, while the beautiful lights lit up the night. Jerusalem was a breathtaking, illuminated city on a hill.

The following morning the Jewish people would recite the prayer for the eighth day of the feast -- "Be thou praised, O Lord our God, King of the Universe, who makest light and causes darkness, who makest peace and createst all: the light of the world as the treasure of life…" Yeshua said, "I am the Light of the world.".

God is Light, He loves light, He creates light, He sheds light, He desires light. Lamps with oil produce light, both for those who carry them and for those who see the light bearers. "You are the light of the world", He said. So the Lord also expects light from and His people. The light of God in our lives comes from His Holy Spirit, and oil has always been associated with the Spirit's ministry in the lives of believers. Burning oil produces light. If we are spiritual "virgins"because we are betrothed to one Heavenly Husband, we ought to bear His light in this dark world. Yet He has told us that some virgins will not have the wisdom to do it, so it is a warning to us; a warning not to quench the Spirit, but be filled with Him and be the light of the world.

Elaine, some of us, though virgins, have been walking in darkness. This could change. The choice to light our lamps belongs to us. The gift of the Holy Spirit has been given to all true virgins. The wise among us will "buy oil" and maintain our lamps thoroughly filled. To "buy oil" means to "spend time" with the One who supplies it, asking Him to fill us up, and to clean out the impurities in our "lamps". You know what this means for you personally, and I know what it means for me. We ought to think about the joy of the wedding, and prepare our hearts with His light... illuminated beautifully for all the world to see, and to be ready! At midnight, when the Bridegroom suddenly appears, our joy will be unspeakable.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 10:08 am

Elaine, rejoice -- the celebration awaits us!

Zechariah 14:16-17 And it shall come to pass that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be, that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them.

Last night, began the celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles. The God-ordained Feast of Tabernacles is a prophetic feast, and one which will be kept by all the people of the world in the coming age. In resurrected bodies, we will be celebrating this feast, year to year in Jerusalem during the millennial reign of Yeshua (Jesus)! Can you imagine it -- celebrating with the King of Kings! If that's not something to anticipate, I'm not sure what is!

Right now, there's quite a bit of turmoil in the world, which is producing a level of uncertainty and anxiety that I've not witnessed as a believer. Yet despite all of these scary situations, we have something wonderful to look forward to -- and if you're like me, you can't wait!

Elaine, don't let the times we’re living in control your life; instead, use these turbulent times as an opportunity to display the goodness and grace of God in your life! As Yeshua (Jesus) said, when you see these things begin to take place -- lift your heads high because your redemption draws near!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 8:56 am

Elaine, times of refreshing are near!

1 Kings 19:4-5 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers. And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.

In this passage, Elijah had become so weary running from Jezebel that he sat under a Juniper tree and just asked the Lord to take his life. But the Lord knew exactly what Elijah needed and He sent forth a messenger to revive and nourish him. I love it.

In His infinite mercy, God sent an angel to minister to Elijah. And that was just enough to help him get up and continue to do great things for the Lord. We've all been under that tree, haven't we? Some of us are there right now.

Perhaps you know a saint who is growing weary and in need of refreshment. Let's be available for the Lord, to be that messenger and supply his or her needs. Make a meal, give a gift, offer your time, maybe even just bring a word of encouragement -- perhaps that's all he or she needs to get up from under the Juniper tree and keep on keeping on for the Lord!

Elaine, when you supply a need for someone else, you are acting as God's messenger. And proverbs says that he who refreshes others will, himself, be refreshed!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 12:36 pm

Elaine, you are chosen in the furnace of affliction!

Isaiah 48:10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

The great evangelist and teacher Charles Spurgeon had a plaque on his bedroom with the words written on it, "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."

Spurgeon, writing about the trials and afflictions that the saints endure, said, "It is no mean thing to be chosen of God." He continued, "God's choice makes chosen men choice men … we are chosen, not in the palace, but in the furnace. In the furnace, beauty is marred, fashion is destroyed, strength is melted, glory is consumed; yet here eternal love reveals its secrets, and declares its choice."

In the midst of trials and tribulations comes the burning question: "Why do the righteous suffer?" Some answer with theology, others with platitudes; C.S. Lewis offers a rhetorical, "Why not? They're the only ones who can take it!"

One friend suggests, "Suffering was the personal choice of God at the beginning of creation. [Revelation 13:8] If I want to know Him personally and intimately how can I not embrace it?"

Elaine, embrace your trial and the suffering involved, but only if you want a deeper relationship with your personal savior.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 8:42 pm

Elaine, Lights! Camera! Action!

Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

The world loves the extraordinary, the spectacular. It relishes on the big, bright, grand and expensive. I remember when we traveled through Las Vegas years ago, to speak at a church in Carson City. The lights, the size of everything -- crazy! But all I could think as we rolled down Sunset Strip was how sad it is that this is what the world finds extraordinary. The bigger, the brighter, the more expensive -- the more the world worships it.

I don't think God is very impressed though. I think He Has a slightly different take on the spectacular. One of many examples in the Word is when Gideon defeated the Midianites. It wasn't with a grand army of thousands -- it was with an army of a measly 300! You see, God took a few ordinary men and created out of them an "extraordinary" victory!

We may think to ourselves "I'm just an ordinary person. I don't have much to offer." But when we are born again, God takes our ordinary and makes it "extraordinary!"

Elaine, let's dare to let God in on the things we find weak and uninteresting about our lives today and watch as He turns it to spectacular! Be encouraged! God has great things planned!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:56 am

Elaine, who's your scapegoat?

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together", says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool."

The Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur in Hebrew, was the single most important day during the time of Yeshua (Jesus) and still holds utmost significance in Israel and among Jews worldwide today.

Every year the high priest would sacrifice a goat and sprinkle its blood on the altar for the atonement of the people. But there were actually two goats sacrificed on this day. One’s blood was sprinkled on the altar but the other was led to a cliff in the wilderness, where it would meet its end. This goat was called the "scapegoat" – it represented the "carrying away" of the iniquities of the children of Israel.

It is in connection with this ceremony, that an interesting tradition arose which is mentioned in the Mishna, an ancient Jewish commentary. A crimson colored sash would be placed on the door of the Temple before that second goat was sent into the wilderness. When the goat died, somehow the sash would mysteriously turn to white. And this was a sign to Israel that God had accepted their sacrifice and their sins were forgiven. The Mishna goes on to say, however, that something mysteriously happened in 30 AD, approximately forty years before the destruction of the Second Temple. Despite the continued goat sacrifices each year, the sash never turned to white again.

Hmm. What other very significant thing happened about this very time? Yeshua (Jesus) died.

Elaine, two thousand years ago, the final sacrifice was made for the atonement of our sins and for the sins of all who would believe. Yes! Yeshua is the Messiah! He has died and risen again! He rules at the right hand of our Father and He is interceding for us right now! Let's pray for the world's eyes to be opened today!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 1:41 pm

Elaine, take us into the Holy of Holies!

Hebrews 9:11-12 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building. Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the Most Holy Place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement is upon us. Beginning tomorrow evening, Yom Kippur marks the holiest of all holy days on the Hebrew calendar. It is the anniversary of the fall of man and it is the climax of the time of Teshuvah (repentance). Starting tonight night and into Saturday, all around the world, the religious will fast from food and water and read prayers in the synagogue, as will the majority of traditional Jews.

Atonement means "covering". On this day, according to the Scriptures, the High Priest would slay a goat and sprinkle its blood on the Ark of the Covenant so that the sins of the people might be cleansed and they could have favor in the sight of God. This act was clearly a foreshadowing of the covering that would come when Messiah would die for our sins, our perfect and innocent Lamb.

Today, there are no more sacrifices and no more Temple. Yet the religious are convinced that their sins will be atoned for by doing their best to keep the law and doing good works. Sadly, there is only one recipe for true atonement -- trusting in the One of whom was prophesied long, long ago -- Yeshua haMashiach, Jesus the Messiah. His blood has covered over all of us who believe so that our sins might be washed away, that we might have favor in the sight of God and that we might have our names inscribed in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Elaine, let's take some time to repent and get right with the Lord, ourselves -- allow the Lord to reveal our sins, both known and unknown. Perhaps God will call you to fast and pray along with us for Israel as well. We look forward to the wonderful day when ALL Israel shall be saved!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 10:00 am

Elaine, come just as you are!

1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

This Friday night people from around the world will celebrate Yom Kippur. In Israel, nothing, absolutely nothing is open -- no radio, television or cable, even the street lights don't work!

In the days of the Aaronic priesthood, every year at this time, the high priest would enter into the Holy of Holies to make atonement for the people. He would strip himself of all his priestly garments and would come into the presence of God in a simple white garment.

Each of us who knows Yeshua (Jesus) as Messiah belongs to a royal priesthood. We are called to enter the presence of God -- but in order to do that, we need to strip ourselves -- strip ourselves of our pride, our egos, our worries, our concerns. And we must come humbly into the presence of God in the simplest way -- as a little child.

Elaine, the blood of Yeshua -- our sacrificial lamb -- covers us so that we too can enter into the Holy of Holies. And all ministry begins there, where we meet the Lord face to face in worship and prayer. Let's enter into his presence today and renew our minds and hearts with His agape love and the joy of His awesome salvation.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 7:24 pm

Elaine, you're in the midst of the days of awe!

2 Peter 3:9-11 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

From Rosh HaShanah to Yom Kippur there are ten days. The Lord gave these days to Israel to prepare for His judgment. They became known as the Yamim Noraim – the "Days of Awe". It has been long believed that during these days one's final destiny was sealed concerning the Book of Life, God's eternal Book of Judgment. Thus every year the Jewish people have observed these days with great reverence and repentance so to be right with God and with men.

With all that's happening in our world, events pointing to the soon coming judgment or "Day of the Lord" – we could easily call these days the "Days of Awe". And in one way, these days are even more significant than the days of Eternity – simply because the days of Eternity do not determine our days on earth – but our days on earth do determine our days in Eternity! That is an "awesome" fact!

Elaine, these days of awe impel and stimulate us to repent, to confess sins, and to refresh and renew our faith in Yeshua (Jesus). Let's take the opportunity of this season to restore our relationships with both God and man. The Lord is waiting for you, and there are human relationships too, that are waiting to be healed. So don't put it off because, after all, these are Days of Awe!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

Elaine, where is your crown?

Revelation 4:10-11 the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; For You have created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.

Last week, we talked about "tashlich" -- the traditional Jewish ceremony occurring between Rosh ha Shana and Yom Kippur, which involves casting bread crumbs into a river while confessing our sins and watching them be swept downstream. In this passage, however, we read about the importance of casting our crowns. These elders fell down before the Lord, casted their golden crowns and gave God the glory and honor He deserves. How much more should we do the same today?

Elaine, let's spend this season casting our crowns -- giving back to God the praise and adoration He so deserves for all that He has given us. He offered His only Son for our atonement, that we could be washed clean and live eternally -- and even abundantly. He loves us, though we daily fail Him and grieve His Spirit with our thoughts and actions. He helps us in our times of need and gives us revelation when we seek Him. Thank you Lord, for ALL Your blessings toward us -- You are Good and Your mercy endures forever -- hallelujah!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:18 pm

Elaine, cast your bread upon the waters!

Micah 7:18-19 Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity and passes over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy. [in Hebrew mercy is the word "ch-sed" -- which has a much deeper meaning. Click here to read an explanation of the richness of this word.] He will turn again, He will have compassion on us, and He will subdue our iniquities. Yes, You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.

One of the more beautiful ceremonies during this season is called "Tashlich". Tashlich means to cast away. Every year between Rosh haShana and Yom Kippur, Jewish people around the world journey to a nearby river or stream and cast in bread crumbs as they confess their sins. As the bread crumbs are swept downstream soon to be out of sight, so they believe God will sweep away their sins.

We as believers in Yeshua (Jesus), know that true forgiveness doesn't come by doing works, keeping traditions and taking part in beautiful ceremonies. Reconciliation with God comes by truly giving up our lives for His purposes and receiving atonement for our sin through Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah), as the Hebrew scriptures clearly show.

We all struggle with sin. Let's take this opportunity to tashlich it today! Cast it away! The Scripture says that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us, cleanse us from all unrighteousness and remove those sins as far as the east is from the west!

Elaine, let's not be burdened any longer with sin -- confess it and be cleansed! The Lord is in the business of restoration -- let's give Him our lives once again. And let’s pray for God to do a work among the Jewish people. That they would see the truth of their blessed Messiah!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 12:28 pm

Elaine, the Lord Himself provided!

Genesis 22:7-13 And Isaac spoke to Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. Then he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and placed the wood in order, and he bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched out his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And He said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me. Then Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son.

One of the major themes of Rosh Hashana is called Akedat Yitzchak, which means the Binding of Isaac. According to Jewish tradition, God told Abraham that the ram's horn – otherwise known as a shofar – should be blown on Rosh Hashana to remind people of the sacrifice that God provided Himself when Abraham was about to offer Isaac on Mount Moriah. It's abundantly clear that this event in the life of Abraham and Isaac foreshadowed God the Father's offering of His Son, providing Yeshua (Jesus) as a sacrifice for all men.

Elaine, as we now are in the midst of the "Days of Awe" – traditionally, a time of repentance between Rosh HaShana and Yom Kippur – let us take the time to examine ourselves, turning from sin again, toward our loving Creator, as we celebrate the fact that our names are written in the Lamb’s book of life. Through His perfect sacrifice, the Lamb of God, Yeshua, God's forgiveness is eternal and His love, everlasting.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 9:16 pm

Elaine, shana tova oo-metukah!
Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Tonight begins one of the highest holy days of all the feasts of the Bible, Rosh ha Shana (Head of the Year). According to Jewish tradition, Rosh haShana is the Day of Judgment, the day when the righteous have their names inscribed in the Book of Life and the wicked are judged for their transgressions. It is a day to commemorate the creation of the world, the creation of mankind, and the Akeida, the binding of Isaac to the altar. On this day only the ram’s horn (or the shofar) is blown in synagogues all over the world to commemorate the ram that was provided in lieu of Isaac’s life and call us to repentance.

After the sound of the Shofar, many eat apples dipped in honey and say "shana tova oo-metuka" (to a good and sweet new year)!

For those of us who know Yeshua (Jesus), this is a day to remember our sweet redemption in Him. Every portion of Scripture that is read and remembered in this service paints a beautiful portrait of our salvation in Yeshua haMashiach.

This is a time of conception of goals and aspirations of things we desire to attain for His Kingdom during the next year. It is a time to pray for the world to unite and press forward under the banner of Messiah. It is a day of salvation for all mankind both Jew and Gentile alike.

Elaine, let's take this opportunity to crown Him as King of our lives once again and determine to live every breath, every moment, every day for His honor and glory in this new year of 5778!!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 2:22 pm

Elaine, heed the sound of the shofar!

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet (shofar in Hebrew) in Zion, and sound an alarm on My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD is coming, for it is near at hand;

Amazingly another year has passed and tomorrow night begins the feast of Yom Turah -- or Rosh Ha Shannah -- the Feast of Trumpets. At the end of the summer the Hebrews are commanded to blow the shofar -- the ram’s horn, all day long. The sound of the shofar was a sound of alarm -- it told the people to get ready. It marked in the calendar that the summer harvest was over and the day of atonement was near and it was time to stand before God.

The feast of Trumpets is amazingly prophetic. Right now, we are in the midst of the great harvest and the next major event is the sound of the trumpet -- just before the great day of the Lord. Within the feast of trumpets contains a personal message for us. It's God's wake up call: We don't have forever! We only walk through this life once -- and as quickly as steam rises from hot water and quickly disappears, so it is with our lives.

Soon it will be past and we will stand before our Maker. If we are going to do great things for Him -- now is the time! If we need to repent for anything -- now is the time. The Lord commands us to arise and shine and let our light shine throughout the world! The shofar is sounding, the summer harvest is nearing completion, and the day of the Lord is near.

Elaine, become God’s shofar, sound His warning of judgment and radiate the love He’s given us through His Son, that those around you will be able to stand pure before God!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 10:52 pm

Elaine, how hungry are you?

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

I love fishing... but sadly, I haven't been able to fish for quite a while. There's the Mediterranean, but other than that, the few good fishing spots in Israel are not really available to the public. So sad. Nevertheless, fishing gives me a chance to get a break from the world and just relax and meditate -- and on a good day, maybe catch a fish or two. But there are different kinds of fishermen, and different ways of fishing...

I saw a fishing cartoon that spoke to me and illustrated something about expectations. Pictured were two Eskimos fishing through holes in the ice. One of them had his line in a normal size hole maybe two or three feet across. But the guy sitting next to him had his line in an enormous hole, in the shape of a whale! This guy was hungry! He didn't want some dinky little fish! He was fishing for whales!

What I like about this illustration is how appetite creates expectation. What is our appetite for affecting the world around us for the Lord's sake? How much do we hunger to change things in peoples' lives through the gospel and through the ministry in Messiah? And how does that affect our expectations? He said "Blessed are those who HUNGER AND THIRST for righteousness."

Elaine, how would you compare your hunger to your expectation? If your hunger is great and genuine then it's likely that God will move you to carve out a "whale-sized" hole in this icy world and expect a corresponding catch!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 15 Sep 2017, 5:18 pm

Elaine, do ya love me?

John 15:9 As the Father loved me, I also have loved you: abide in My love.

An ancient story in Church history tells of the apostle John. He would constantly repeat the words, "Little children, love one another." And his disciples became weary of the phrase. Finally, in his old age, as John was being carried to their assembly, the disciples asked him, "Why do you always repeat these same words?" "Because friends," John replied, "it is the Lord's commandment -- and if only this one were fulfilled, it would be enough."

What is the greatest witness we Christians have to the world around us? I can tell you it's not only our words of wisdom, though they may be wonderful. It's not only our knowledge of the Scripture, though it may be vast. It's not only our material giving, though it may be great.

The greatest witness we have is the kind of love that the Bible defines above. Have we been patient and kind with others? Perhaps instead, we've been envious, boastful, proud, rude, self seeking or easily angered. I know I have. Have we kept a record of wrongs? Have we we delighted in evil? Uggh. When we express the true love of God, we always rejoice in the truth, protect, trust, hope and persevere.

Love never fails. Love can turn evil to good, darkness into light and enemies to friends. True love can totally transform the world around us.

Elaine, I am humbled, are you? Let's strive to start loving the way the Lord would have us love. Yeah -- you know why. 'Cause there's just so much work to be done!!

Arad, Israel

Elaine, learn to wait!

Psalm 27:13-14 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!

After the destruction of Hurricane Irma, nearly 6 million people in the state of Florida are without electricity. For the first time, teens in Florida are preparing to live without any electricity, and (can you even imagine) – without a cell phone! For the first time in their lives, they enjoyed the privilege of experiencing what life was like decades ago. Forced to slow down, unable to text or "Facebook", everyone who lost power entered a "moment" of technological communication silence, and they waited anxiously for the powers that be to restore their normal life patterns. How many actually enjoyed this, or found some kind of relief from the tyranny of communication technology, I wonder? How many actually took any time out to “wait on the Lord”? I have to wonder if the Almighty had much more company than He was used to during this time. I kind of hope so...

The above passage speaks of "losing heart" except for the expectation of faith in the goodness of YHVH. How long could you go without electrical power before you might begin to "lose heart"? At what point would "waiting on the Lord" become your only source of hope or encouragement? How much, really, do we depend on earthly power? And how much on the power of God? Webster’s definition of "wait", is “to stay or rest in". It's a quiet place of abiding. And this kind of waiting is expectant, because in it you are awakening your conscious relationship with the God of Creation, and you have every reason to expect His comfort, love, and restorative power to flow from your communion with Him.

But for many of us, it's hard to enter silence, isn't it? So when the power goes off, we fidget until it's restored.

Elaine, is your heart weak and your earthly strength just about dried up? The word says, "Be of good courage, and wait on the Lord"; there is power and courage to be received simply by waiting on Him. Having experienced it countless times I can tell you confidently, He will renew your strength, encourage and prepare you for whatever comes next. So I say, again, “Wait on the Lord!”

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:06 am

Elaine, do you want to be honored?

Mark 10:44-45 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

A noncommissioned officer was directing the repairs of a military building during the American Revolution. He was barking orders to the soldiers under his command, trying to get them to raise a heavy wooden beam.

As the men struggled in vain to lift the beam into place, a man who was passing by stopped to ask the one in charge why he wasn't helping the men. With all the pomp of an emperor, the soldier responded, "Sir, I am a corporal!"

"You are, are you?" replied the passerby, "I was not aware of that." Then, taking off his hat and bowing, he said, "I ask your pardon, Corporal." Then the stranger walked over and strained with the soldiers to lift the heavy beam. After the job was finished, he turned and said, "Mr. Corporal, when you have another such job, and have not enough men, send for your Commander in Chief, and I will come and help you a second time." The corporal was thunderstruck. The man’s name was General George Washington.

We all want to be honored, respected and appreciated. So badly, sometimes, that we try to demand it. The fact is, that these things cannot be demanded or even requested. True honor, respect and appreciation only come one way. When we become servants.

Elaine, let's ask the Lord to help us to become the servants he would desire. After all, He did set a great example by laying down his life for us.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 12:21 pm

September 13

Today's Reading: Proverbs 16; 2 Corinthians 6
Elaine, learn to wait!

Psalm 27:13-14 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!

After the destruction of Hurricane Irma, nearly 6 million people in the state of Florida are without electricity. For the first time, teens in Florida are preparing to live without any electricity, and (can you even imagine) – without a cell phone! For the first time in their lives, they enjoyed the privilege of experiencing what life was like decades ago. Forced to slow down, unable to text or "Facebook", everyone who lost power entered a "moment" of technological communication silence, and they waited anxiously for the powers that be to restore their normal life patterns. How many actually enjoyed this, or found some kind of relief from the tyranny of communication technology, I wonder? How many actually took any time out to “wait on the Lord”? I have to wonder if the Almighty had much more company than He was used to during this time. I kind of hope so...

The above passage speaks of "losing heart" except for the expectation of faith in the goodness of YHVH. How long could you go without electrical power before you might begin to "lose heart"? At what point would "waiting on the Lord" become your only source of hope or encouragement? How much, really, do we depend on earthly power? And how much on the power of God? Webster’s definition of "wait", is “to stay or rest in". It's a quiet place of abiding. And this kind of waiting is expectant, because in it you are awakening your conscious relationship with the God of Creation, and you have every reason to expect His comfort, love, and restorative power to flow from your communion with Him.

But for many of us, it's hard to enter silence, isn't it? So when the power goes off, we fidget until it's restored.

Elaine, is your heart weak and your earthly strength just about dried up? The word says, "Be of good courage, and wait on the Lord"; there is power and courage to be received simply by waiting on Him. Having experienced it countless times I can tell you confidently, He will renew your strength, encourage and prepare you for whatever comes next. So I say, again, “Wait on the Lord!”

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 9:19 pm

Elaine, rise up!

Luke 10:18-20 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Returning from their 'mission' trip, the 72 disciples of Yeshua (Jesus) were filled with joy. "Even the devils are subject to us through your name", they exulted. Yeshua responded that He saw Satan fall like lightening from Heaven and that He had given them authority to trample snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy.

The nature of the enemy is to fall. His destiny and his eternal condition is Fallen. Thus, Satan and his demons want to pull us down with them. Their schemes are subtle, as they watch carefully for opportunities when our own evil desires rise up in us; [James 1:14]. However they can do it, these evil spirits will seek to drag us down into the miserable fallen condition they are in. In every temptation, the enemy is present seeking to pull you down with him. But our calling and destiny are not to fall, it is to rise. Our identity and our authority as the children of God is with the resurrected Messiah. And it's His resurrection life and power that gives us authority over demons and victory over sin – to rise above temptation through a life of spirit-empowered obedience. "For He has rescued us from darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves", [Col 1:13]

Elaine, you are no longer under the power of fallen angels but in the power of a risen God. Rise above temptation. Exercise your authority to tread upon the powers of darkness in your own life, and be led by His Holy Spirit, even to deliver others from their power as well. Exercising the authority of our risen Lord over evil is one of our great living testimonies to His goodness and salvation!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 10:27 pm

Elaine, offer your body!

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Over the past few days, I've been discussing the will of God and how to walk out His will daily in our lives. The Lord's general will involves the development of our character and the ways in which we relate to Him and to our fellow man. Much of this is the same for every believer. But each of us is unique, and each has a potential life vision unlike any other. God has an individual will for every soul that belongs to Him, an individually shaped destiny which varies according to our gifting and calling and purpose in His Body.

Not every believer knows or even desires to walk fully in that vision, calling, or destiny. At times we may try to think about or shape a vision for our lives, but the scripture says that we ought to be able to test and approve what is God's good, pleasing, and perfect will. How do we do this?

First, Paul urges that we offer our bodies as a living sacrifice. What does this mean? It means that we make a conscious decision to devote our entire lives to the Lord, holding nothing back, to give ourselves to Him without reservation. The Old Testament sacrifices were animals which were totally offered to God and usually were burned on the altar in fire. Their aroma was pleasing to Him, as their flesh was consumed by the fire. As living sacrifices, we remain alive... but given over, as though we were burning on His altar. Our life is not our own, but is devoted to His purpose and pleasure. This is a conscious decision, a choice which every believer is urged to make. The Lord is then free to shape our lives, our experiences, our discipline, according to His perfect will and purposes for the best possible result.

Paul expands on this decisive act of devotion, saying we must not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our mind. So the act of devoting our life to Him involves a decisive renunciation of the ways of thinking and the values of this present world. (Much could be said about this.) And it also involves a process of renewing our thoughts and values according to the thoughts and values of our Lord. These, then, are the conditions which the apostle gives that we may be able to test and approve what is God's good, pleasing, and perfect will for our lives.

Elaine, it's often said that "God has a wonderful plan for your life." To me, that has always sounded a bit "robotic", as though I were a rat who needed to find His way through the maze of some "Cosmic Scientist". But now I know that God's "plan" for me is anything but mechanical. Rather, it involves the profound realities of my unique individuality; things that He has placed in me and no one else, such that He can beautifully express Himself through my life, my personality, my gifts, relationships, and unique position in the world. Indeed, it is a "wonderful plan". But in order for Him to shape this destiny, He requires my unreserved consent, my offering... of MY BODY, a LIVING SACRIFICE.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 09 Sep 2017, 3:49 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
September 9, 2017
The Fuel Stop

By Answers2Prayer

There are three different routes I can take to work. Two involve the use of our local highway, and one employs the backroads. Naturally, this third route is the prettiest...but also the longest...

That week, as so often happens in the fall of the year, our stroke unit at the rehabilitation hospital where I work quickly filled to beyond my capacity to care for them. With a record number of new admissions already that week, my list of reports to write was critically long and my "in" basket was overflowing. All I could do that Wednesday evening was stare at my jam-packed schedule for the following day and sigh. "I don't know how You'll do it this time, Lord," I prayed, "but I give it all to you!"

I don't know how many times I repeated my prayer of surrender that evening, but it was again on my lips the following morning. Somehow, however, I felt strangely at peace. You can imagine my delight when the unbelievable happened: I was ready to leave for work half an hour earlier than usual! "So that's how You are going to do it," I mused as I got into my car.

I was sure God would guide me down the quickest route to work so as to get a headstart on the to-do list, but I was doomed for disappointment when the impression was clear: Take the long way! "But God," I argued, "that will cut into the extra time You are giving me at work!

Naturally, my argument did no good, for the impression remained clear, and I grudgingly passed the turn-off for the highway. I hadn't gone more than half a kilometer, however, when my low-fuel warning light came on. Great. Just one more thing to add to my day...I'd have to stop for fuel on my way home!

But wait. Wasn't the cheapest gas in the region at a station directly on my "long route" to work? Hadn't I left for work early?

"But that will completely use up the extra time You have given me, Lord!" I grumbled.

Nonetheless, the impression was clear: stop for fuel.

An emergency came up just as I was about to leave work that evening, putting me 45 minutes behind schedule. When I got into my car, both mentally and physically exhausted, I remembered that I didn't have to stop for fuel, and I rejoiced. Knowing fully in advance that I wouldn't have the time or energy to get fuel after work, God had provided another way. That's when I realized something vitally important: God had given me the fuel incident as a sign. Through this occurrence of rather small significance, He was showing me that He is in control. The God who could arrange for me to be able to get fuel at the most convenient time, even when I didn't immediately recognize it as such, was also big enough to take care of my super-stuffed schedule at work; and knowing that I would continue to worry about the workload, He had lovingly sent me a sign to prove to me yet again that worry was His to handle.

How true Jesus' advice to us: "So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." (Matt. 6:31-34 NLT).

It is interesting to think that if I had not been in prayer that morning on my way to work, I likely would simply have taken the highway. I would have become upset when the fuel light came on, and I would have completely missed the sweet, caring hand of my Lord and Savior. Is it for naught that we are admonished to be continually in prayer and to always give thanks? "Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." (1 Thess. 5:16 NLT)

Does the road ahead seem bumpy? Not sure how you'll get through? Pray. Give thanks, rejoice. Open your heart to God's Spirit who will pour His encouragement upon you so that you will not stumble or fall.

Fuel anyone? There's this great place to buy it. It's on my long route to work...

In His love,
Lyn
Lynona Gordon Chaffart, Speech-Language Pathologist, mother of two, Author -- "Aboard God's Train -- A Journey With God Through the Valley of Cancer", Author and Moderator for The Nugget, a tri-weekly internet newsletter, and Scriptural Nuggets, a website devoted to Christian devotionals and inspirational poems, with Answers2Prayer Ministries. Follow Lyn on Twitter @lynchaffart.
Announcement:

POEMS!
Do you appreciate poetry? Why not check out the Poem page on Scriptural Nuggets? Just go to the Scriptural Nuggets home page and check out the new poems that are published each week!
©Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 6:33 pm

Elaine, be a hearer -- and a doer!

Matthew 12:46-50 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, your mother and your brothers stand outside, desiring to speak with you. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brothers? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brothers! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Luke 8:19-21 Then came to him his mother and his brothers, and could not reach him for the crowd. And it was told him by some who said, Your mother and your brothers stand outside, desiring to see you. And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God, and do it.

As I continue this series of devotionals on "understanding the will of God", I'd like to talk about a story which is told in all the synoptic gospels, except that Luke's account gives a significant nuance. (Many skeptical Bible "critics" point out differences in the gospels to argue that they can't be reliable -- yet it's actually the differences which support the validity of these accounts because they reveal that the events recorded were simply experienced and told from slightly different viewpoints, a very common circumstance when people are telling a story.)

The gospels of Matthew and Mark give an account of the Lord's mother and brothers arriving to see Him, and wanting to speak with Him, though they were hindered because there were so many people around Him. Yeshua (Jesus) takes this opportunity to define a broad new "family" principle when He says, ".. whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." But Luke's account adds something, "those who hear the word of God and do it!"

The word of God is going out across the whole world, and many are hearing it. Those who are acting on what it says are defined as the true family of Yeshua!

Elaine, here, then, is another simple approach to living in the will of God. Read His Word -- and don't be a hearer only -- but be a doer, one who acts according to what he hears or reads. If you do, you reveal that you are a close relative of the Son of God, and that's a relationship better than any other in the world!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next