Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Today at 1:34 pm by Admin

» WAR DRUMS
Today at 1:32 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Today at 12:49 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Today at 12:38 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Today at 12:35 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Today at 12:32 pm by Admin

» HEARTLIGHT — A Year with Jesus
Today at 12:30 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Today at 11:31 am by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Admin

» THE CLARION PROJECT
Yesterday at 8:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Yesterday at 7:17 pm by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
Yesterday at 7:13 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by Admin

» Lam 3
Yesterday at 5:54 pm by clark thompson

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Yesterday at 5:13 pm by Admin

» Christianity is Rapidly Growing in Iran
Yesterday at 5:12 pm by Admin

» THE MASTERS LIST Dean W. Masters
Yesterday at 4:42 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Yesterday at 12:39 pm by Admin

» Meditation Chip Brogden
Yesterday at 11:50 am by Admin

» Daily Encounter with: ACTS International
Yesterday at 11:13 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Post  Admin on Thu 01 Jan 2015, 9:51 pm

Dearly Beloved,

OUR PRAYERS FOR YOU IN THE YEAR 2015

Praise the Lord for witnessing anotheryear 2015!

As usual, Opeyemi (my wife) and ourchildren (Boluwatife, IfeOluwa, Michael and Abraham) are joining me to welcomeyou into the New Year with these prophetic prayers adapted from Isaiah 61:6-7 (NKJV). This New Year:

- The Lord will give you a new name;

- He will find you worthy to serve Him;

- You will enjoy the goodness of God inall your endeavours;

- Instead of your past shame you willhave double honour;

- You will rejoice in what the Lordshall apportion you;

- In fact, His everlasting joy shall beyours in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Happy and prosperous New Year!

In His service,

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor),

Baptist Building, Oke Bola,

PMB 5113, Ibadan 200001, Nigeria.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 28 Dec 2014, 9:12 pm

Dearly Beloved,

WHAT IS MAN THAT YOU CARE FOR HIM?

“Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, myfingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and mydeliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me. OLord, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him?â€(Psalm 144:1-3 NIV).

As the year 2014 comes to an end, I am looking back andreflecting on my life and activities in the fading year. The year startedbrightly for me. I had many aspirations that I wanted to come to pass beforethe end of the year. I took for granted that I will see the end of the year.With few days for the year to come to an end, I am still alive. I have embarkedliterally and figuratively on many journeys of life in the course of the year. Ihave encountered many dangers and passed through many storms of life. Here I amtoday about to see the end of the year. Each day I am sleeping in the eveningand waking up early the next day. I am even observing my siestas any time Ihave the opportunity. I never knew what is happening when I am asleep. Is it mymaking that I am waking up each time I sleep? The systems in my body areworking perfectly. Probably, I visited the hospital once or twice throughoutthe year for medical check-ups. I was never admitted for once for healthreasons in any hospital. I am eating foods and drinking water and other drinks.How these substances undergo digestive processes in me is a mystery to me. I ameasily excreting the waste elements in me everyday. My reasoning faculty isworking fine. I am free to go from one place to another. I can go on and onrecounting what has happened and is still happening to me in the dying year.Are all these my doings?  What ofmillions of people that started this year with me, but are no more today? Am Ibetter than them? What of people that are alive, but are not enjoying all thesegood things that I am enjoying? What makes me special than these people?

As I am reflecting on all these, the words of the Psalmistquoted above come to my mind. What attracts me most in the verses is theclause, “...what is man that you care for him...?†What or who am I that ismaking God to be so good to me this year? Why is He so mindful of me?Admittedly, I could not achieve all my aspirations this year. However, the Lordhas been so good to me during the year. I praise Him for He is indeed “my Rock,who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and myfortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, whosubdues peoples under me. O Lord, what is man that you care for him, the son ofman that you think of him?†(Psalm 144:1-3 NIV).

Undoubtedly, the Lord has done many things for you also thisfading year. Have you reflected on these things? Do you have any reason topraise Him this year? Will you not also join the Psalmist to exclaim, O Lord,what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him?

In His service,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 21 Dec 2014, 5:03 pm

Dearly Beloved,

DO NOT WAIT TILL DECEMBER 31

As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's gracein vain. For he says, In the time of my favor I heard you, In the time of myfavor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.’ I tell you, nowis the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation†(2 Corinthians 6:1-2NIV).

One of the contacts on one of my BBM lists contacted me recentlyand wanted me to counsel him on how he could overcome the habit ofmasturbation. As I probed into his activities and companions, he made someconfessions about what he is doing that he thinks contribute to his bad habit.I counselled him to abstain from such actions. His response was that he wouldstart abstaining from them as from December 31 as part of his New Yearresolutions. I disagreed and told him straightaway that he does not need towait till any day to start abstaining from any action that he knows may becontributing to his bad habit if really wants to be free from such habit. Hepromised to try. He later informed me that there have been changes since theday he started abstaining from such actions.

It is common to see people making New Year resolutions onDecember 31, especially as they are about to enter the New Year. Most of theseresolutions include determination to change some bad habits in the New Year.Interestingly, such determinations hardly last through the month of Januarybefore the people that make it go back to their bad habits. Certainly, suchresolutions have become usual practices that do not come from the depth of thehearts of people that normally make them. As tradition, such people join otherpeople to make the resolutions without real commitment to keeping them. If itwere not so, why do people wait for a particular day (especially December 31)before making resolutions to change from a particular bad habit? 

God has given man the willpower to do what is good or otherwise.In fact, He has given us the grace to do the right thing at the right time.However, are we making good use of this grace? Apostle Paul enjoined theCorinthian Christians not to receive God's grace in vain because NOW is thetime of God's favor (see 2 Corinthians 6:1-2). If this is so, why thenpostponing the time when God is ready to help you? 

It is good to make good resolutions on December 31. However, donot wait till that day. Resolve today to abstain from bad habits and startdoing good. If you sincerely determine today, the Lord will indeed help you.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Lord, help me to sincerely resolve NOW to abstainfrom bad habits and consciously start doing good things. 

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 14 Dec 2014, 4:13 pm

Dearly Beloved,

UNTO US A SON IS GIVEN

“For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And thegovernment will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful,Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6 NKJV).

Christmas season every year has been dedicated to thecelebration of the Child Jesus Christ that was born “...wrapped... in swaddlingcloths, and laid... in a manger” (Luke 2:7 NKJV) in Bethlehem some two thousandyears ago. It is interesting that Prophet Isaiah rightly prophesied that aChild would be born, and a Son would be given. However, it is unfortunate thatmany people take no or little notice of this, especially the Son that was giventhat day! 

While the Child that was born signifies the humanity of JesusChrist, the Son that was given signifies His deity. The attraction centred onthe Child that was born has belittled the significance of the Son that wasgiven. The Child that was born was the Son that was given through thedemonstration of the love of God the Father to the world “…that whoeverbelieves in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16 NKJV.See also John 1:14, 18; Romans 5:6-10; 8:32; 1 Timothy 1:15-16). The latterpart of the prophecy in Isaiah 9:6 is referring to the Son that was given. Heis the Messiah that “the government will be upon His shoulder” - the eternalKing that will reign and rule over the Universe. This Son’s “...name will becalled Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”(Isaiah 9:6 NKJV). He is indeed more than a child that many people arecelebrating during Christmas.

While it is good to decently celebrate the Child that was bornin Bethlehem, it is far better to believe in the Son that was given during thatevent for the salvation of humankind. Do not let the celebration of the bornChild blindfold you to the importance of the given Son who will judge the worldone day.

Unto us a Son is given!

In His service,

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 8:08 pm

Dearly Beloved,

O COME ALL YE FAITHFUL

“After Jesus was born in Bethlehem inJudea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem andasked, ‘Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star inthe east and have come to worship him’†(Matthew 2:1-2 NIV).

The Christmas season is here again! It waslike yesterday that we celebrated the last one last year. Thanks be to God forsparing our lives to witness another season. While some people are indifferentto the season and its cause, many people would have started planning on how toutilize the season to their advantage. Unfortunately, most of these people willstill commit the error of leaving the Reason for the season, Jesus Christ, outof the season. The season is to be used to commemorate the birth of JesusChrist by adoring Him in all way we can.

The Magi from the east came to Jerusalem toworship the new born King. The concept of adoration of Jesus Christ the Lordduring Christmas season, and even all seasons, might have prompted the writerof one of popular Christmas hymns, “O COME ALL YE FAITHFUL†(Adeste Fideles)who many people believed to be John Francis Wade (c. 1710-1786) to invitepeople to come and adore the Christ the Lord. Wade summoned all the faithful tocome joyfully and triumphantly to behold the King of angels and adore Him. Wadeused the hymn to describe who this new born King is: “True God of true God,Light from Light Eternal... Son of the Father, begotten, not created.†As theshepherds and the Magi came to adore the new born King, we also ought to comeand adore Him. We should give all glory to Him now and forever. Amen.

Any celebration or activity during thisChristmas season that does not give glory to Jesus Christ is not pleasing toGod. He wants us to use the season to worship Him. “O come, let us adore Him,Christ the Lord.â€

In His service,

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 5:01 pm

Dearly Beloved,

BLESS THE LORD, O MY SOUL! (Part 2)

"Bless the LORD, O my soul; And allthat is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forgetnot all His benefits?" (Psalm 103:1-2 NKJV).

This is the continuation of the study onPsalms 103 and 104 started last week. We examined who God is especially in Hisgreatness manifested in His creation which made the psalmist to exclaim to hissoul to bless or praise the Lord. In this second part of the study, we willexamine what God has done, is doing, and will still do for us that make Him deserveour worship, praises and thanksgiving.

The psalmist urged his soul not to forgetall the benefits of God. What are these benefits? He enumerated them in thisPsalm 103: the Lord forgives all his sins (verse 3a); the Lord heals all hisdiseases (verse 3b); the Lord redeems his life from destruction (verse 4a); theLord crowns him with love and compassion (verses 4b, 8, 11, 13, 17); and theLord satisfies his desires with good things (verse 5). 

The psalmist declared that the Lord did allthose things to his soul, hence, the exclamation to his soul to bless the Lord.He went further to declare other things that the Lord has done and is doing tohim as well as other people: the Lord is just to the oppressed (verse 6); theLord led the Israelites out of slavery through Moses (verse 7); the Lord isgracious and slow to anger (verses 8-10); and in His compassion and love, Hetreats us like children (verses 10-14).

Having declared the goodness (or benefits)of God, the psalmist entreated the angels and all the heavenly hosts to joinhim in blessing the Lord. He even entreated you and me, His works, to alsobless the Lord.

Undoubtedly, you also will have many thingsto praise the Lord for. Think of those things. Do not forget all His benefits.Recount them and praise the Lord. Bless the LORD, O my soul!

In His service,
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 11:18 pm

Dearly Beloved,

BLESS THE LORD, O MY SOUL!

"Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD myGod, You are very great: You are clothed with honor and majesty?" (Psalm104:1 NKJV).

The book of Psalms is full of praises of,and prayers to God. Psalms 103 and 104 are distinct out of the other psalmsbecause of their description of who God is and what He is doing to us that makeHim deserve our worship, adoration, praises and thanksgiving. 

Let us examine first who God is in Psalm104 before coming back to Psalm 103 to discover what He is doing for us thatmade the psalmist told his soul "and all that is within" him to blessor praise the Lord. 

He started with the greatness of God. Thegreatness of God is manifested in His creation: He stretches out the heavenslike a tent (verse 2b); He sets the earth on its unmovable foundations (verse5) and covers it with the deep (verse 6a); He sets the course of water (verses6b-9); He satisfies the earth and other creatures by His work (verses 10-13);He makes the earth produce food for the animals and even man (verses 14-15); Heprovides dwelling place for His creatures (verses 16-18); and He marks offseasons, days and years by the sun and the moon (verses 19-23). The psalmistcontinues to describe how God made His creation in wisdom, and all thesecreatures look unto God for sustenance (verses 24-29). 

Having considered all these things, thepsalmist concludes that the glory of God will endure for ever and that he wouldrespond to God's greatness by singing to Him all his life and that he wouldfind pleasure in meditating about it. 

The implication of this psalm is that weshould always praise God for who He is as He has demonstrated it in Hiscreation. Bless the LORD, O my soul!

In His service,

NB

Next week, we will consider the otheraspect of why our soul should bless the Lord. Till then, God bless you!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:12 pm

Dearly Beloved,

THERE IS A BETTER FUTURE

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. Hewill take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he willrejoice over you with singing. The sorrows for the appointed feasts I willremove from you; they are a burden and a reproach to you" (Zephaniah3:17-18 NIV).

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD,'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'"(Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

The evils of the world especially the seeming triumph of theterrorists in the recent time have made some to conclude that this world canlonger be a better place. To such people, things will be going from worse tothe worst. The evildoers will be prospering while the righteous and theinnocent will continue to suffer for needless pains.

This very world may be growing from bad to worse every daybecause of its waywardness from God. God may have allowed wickedness to triumphover righteousness for some time. However, there is a better future.

The people of Judah in the time of prophet Zephaniah were in asimilar situation. Their leaders had led them away from God and God had allowedthem to face untold hardship from other nations. However, God sent a message ofhope to them through prophet Zephaniah - there is a better future! (Zephaniah3). This message came after God had pronounced judgments on the nations thathad tormented them. 

What are you also passing through personally? Does it seem as ifthe wicked are having upper hand against you? Does it seem as if God is notfighting for you? There is a better future for you! He will fight for you. Hewill take away all those sorrows. See what God promised the people of Judah,"At that time I will deal with all who oppressed you; I will rescue thelame and gather those who have been scattered. I will give them praise andhonour in every land where they were put to shame. At that time I will gatheryou; at that time I will bring you home. I will give you honour and praiseamong all the peoples of the earth when I restore your fortunes before yourvery eyes" (Zephaniah 3:19-20 NIV). Indeed, there is a better future!

In His service,

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 10:01 pm

Dearly Beloved,

WHAT BELONGS TO CAESAR? 

“[Jesus] said to them, ‘Then give to Caesar what belongs toCaesar, and give to God what belongs to God’” (Luke 20:25 ERV).

We were in a Sunday School class recently when a participantprivately told me that we can sin at times since Jesus Christ said that weshould give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. He further said that giving toGod what belongs to God is when we come to church to worship Him. I immediatelyrefuted his opinion and explained that Jesus was not talking about sin in thatreference, but mainly about our civic responsibility to the government and thesociety. He reluctantly nodded his head in agreement.

This wrong allusion to what belongs to Caesar made me think moreabout what really belongs to Caesar and what really belongs to God. If one havea close look at the passage (and other parallel passages - Matthew 22:15-22;Mark 12:13-17), one will have more understanding on this. The Pharisees and theHerodians colluded together and sent some of their disciples to Jesus to trapHim. They asked, "Tell us, is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar ornot?" (Luke 20:22 ERV). If Jesus approved paying taxes to Caesar, He wouldoffend the Jews, and this might discredit His ministry among them. If Hedisapproved paying of taxes to Caesar, the religious leaders would readily havea proof to accuse Him before the ruling Roman powers. However, beingomniscient, He knew their antics. So, He asked them to give Him a coin. Havingprovided the coin, He asked about the image on the coin. They told Him that theimage was that of Caesar. He thereby told them to give to Caesar what belongsto Caesar, and to God what belongs to God. 

The coin and other materials used as monetary values have theimages of this world and its rulers, and they belong to this world and therulers of this world. They should be given back to the world. Other thingsincluding rules and regulations created by the world should be strictly adheredto if they are not contrary to the rules and laws of God (see Acts 4:19; 5:29).However, people that use the money are created in the image of God and belongto God. So, they should give their lives that carry the image of God to God.Apostle Paul put it this way: “So I beg you, brothers and sisters, because ofthe great mercy God has shown us, offer your lives as a living sacrifice tohim—an offering that is only for God and pleasing to him. Considering what hehas done, it is only right that you should worship him in this way” (Romans12:1 ERV). 

If one can give one’s life totally to God, it would not bedifficult to give to the world and its rulers what belong to them and even usethat thing that belongs to the world to glorify God. The person that has givenhis life totally to God will find it difficult to violate the rules and laws ofthe world (when they are not contrary to the rules and laws of God), and hewill willingly obey the rules and laws of God.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to give your lifetotally to God and as you give to the world what belong to it you will be abledo so and use them to His glory.

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 11:46 pm

Dearly Beloved,

SERVE GOD WITH JOY

“Because you did notserve the Lord your God with joy and gladness of heart, for the abundance ofeverything...†(Deuteronomy 28:47 NKJV).

The first fourteenverses of Deuteronomy chapter 28 are well known by many people because of thepromises of God that are there. On the contrary, few people care to study theremaining fifty-four verses in the chapter because of the curses in those latterverses. However, those verses full of curses are warnings for anyone who doesnot want the curses to be his/her portion. Conspicuously, the main reason forthe curses in those verses is disobedience to God, but there are other reasonsfor these curses as Moses warned the people of Israel. One of such reasons isnot serving “God with joy and gladness of heart†for the abundance of Hisgoodness. 

If God can be good tous in many ways, then we have to appreciate Him by serving Him joyfully even ifHe does not do, or has not done, what we want Him to do for us. The consequenceof not serving Him with joy is servitude to our enemies. Instead of promotion,demotion would be the lot of anyone who refuses to serve God joyfully. In otherwords, anyone who does not appreciate God may not enjoy more of the goodness ofGod, but will certainly be under the curse of God. The people of Israel thatcame out of Egypt are a good example of this. They grumbled against God on manyoccasions, and all of them (except Caleb and Joshua) could not enter thePromised Land (see Numbers 14:26-35).

This year is running toan end. Ponder about your life this year. Are you appreciative of God? Do youserve Him with joy, or you are full of grudges against Him because of what Hehas not done for you? Do not incur curses of God on yourself. Thank Him andserve Him with joy, and He will manifest Himself in your life.

In His service,

Bayo Afolaranmi(Pastor).
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 9:28 pm

DO NOTBE AT FAULT

"Youwant something but don't get it…. You do not have, because you do not askGod" (James 4:2 NIV).

Mychildren used to get sets of biscuits every morning as they go to school forrefreshment apart from the food they take for their breakfast. My wife and Iforgot to give them the biscuits one day, and none of them remembered to remindus as they normally do. When they came back from the school, the elder one, myson, accused us their parents for not giving them biscuits that day. Myresponse was, "Did you ask for them?" He could not defend himselfbecause he knew that he also shared in the fault of not remembering about theusual sets of biscuits that day. He was the first to remind us the followingday about the biscuits as they were about to set out for school.

Thereis a spiritual lesson in this event. Our heavenly Father has many blessings andprovisions in store for us. He has been given us these blessings and He willcontinue to give us. While He is not a forgetful Father like any earthlyfather, He wants us, however, to ask Him what we want. Jesus Christ said,"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and thedoor will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds;and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asksfor bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him asnake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to yourchildren, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those whoask him!" (Matthew 7:7-11 NIV).

Areyou in need of any good thing? Come boldly to the throne of grace and ask(Hebrew 4:16). John said, "This is the confidence we have in approachingGod: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we knowthat he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked ofHim" (1 John 5:14-15 NIV). Do not be at fault in not asking. Hear JesusChrist again, "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Askand you will receive, and your joy will be complete" (John 16:24 NIV).

In His service,

BayoAfolaranmi (Pastor).
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 7:59 pm

Dearly Beloved,
QUANTITY OR QUALITY?
"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans,
for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like
them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him" (Matthew
6:7-8 NIV).
A pastor-colleague who visited my family early in the morning on
day for an important assignment met us having our family devotions. After the
worship service, he enquired from me about the normal duration of our daily
family devotions. I told him that I do not care about the time, but the quality
of the devotions. He then shared with me his experience with somebody that came
to him for prayers. When he used a certain number of minutes in praying for the
person, the person was surprised that the prayer session was over so soon. He
then asked the person the number of minutes or hours he believes it would take
a curse invoked on another person to take effect. The person believed that a
curse that is less than a minute could be of eternal consequence on the person
it was invoked. The pastor and I then discussed briefly about the quality and
quantity of time to be spent for a prayer to be effectual.
Some people are of the opinion that the longer the prayer, the
more effective it is, or the more you repeat the same request at a particular
time, the sooner God answers such request. This has made many people to engage
themselves in unnecessary long prayers, saying of the same thing for a number
of time, marathon prayer sessions, all-night prayer vigils, and so on so that
God would quickly answer their prayers. Some Christian denominations and some
religions even adapt a way of using kinds of tool to aid them in repeating
their prayers in a particular number of times. Most of these beliefs and
practices are contrary to the teachings of the Bible about prayer. What matter
most in our prayers is the quality, not quantity, of time we spend in saying
the prayers. A Bible commentator says, "Christ does not fix the length of
our prayers. He says that we should not repeat the same thing, as though God
did not hear; and it is not improbable that he intended to condemn the practice
of long prayers. His own supplications were remarkably short."
Let me point it out here that I am not talking about
perseverance in requesting something from God - a situation where one
persistently continues to ask for a particular thing from God until God answers
the prayer (as Jesus Christ taught it in Luke 18:1-7). The Bible teaches that
we should pray all the time (Luke 18:1; 21:36; Romans 12:12; Ephesians 6:18;
Colossians 4:2). 
The question then is what matter most in our prayer? Is it the
quality or the quantity of time we spend to say it? This is a question that we
must answer as we go to the Lord in prayers.
In His service,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 12 Oct 2014, 7:44 pm

Dearly Beloved,
BE A LIVING SACRIFICE
“So then, my brothers, because of God's great mercy to us I
appeal to you: Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his
service and pleasing to him. This is the true worship that you should offer”
(Romans 12:1 TEV).
Some days ago, Muslims throughout the world celebrated the Eld
el Kabir celebration that commemorated the divine provision of ram for Ibrahim
when he wanted to sacrifice his son to God. In spite of the distortion of the
original story from the Holy Bible, the way these people devotedly sacrifice
animals, especially rams, during this annual celebration is noteworthy.
Unfortunately, they are missing it because Jesus Christ is the final Sacrifice
for humankind’s sin (see 1 Corinthians 5:7). No other sacrifice or shedding of
blood is acceptable to God now, “...because by one sacrifice [Jesus Christ] has
made perfect forever those who are being made holy” (Hebrews 10:14 NIV. See also
verse 10).
Instead of making animal sacrifice or shedding of blood in any
form to appease God, we are to offer ourselves as a living, NOT dead or
inanimate, sacrifice to God (Romans 12:1). Apostle Paul continued to say that
this is the true and holy worship that is pleasing and acceptable to God. The
implication of this is that we are to deny ourselves of sinful pleasures and
purposes, and use our lives for the glory of God. This calls for total
surrender to God. It is a dedication of presenting and yielding of body, mind,
and will to God day by day. It is to devote ourselves to God, as if we had no
longer any claim on ourselves. It is to suffer and bear all that God might
appoint, and to promote His honour in any way which He might command. It should
be noted here that this is far more than giving or offering of animals or
substances to God. It is even far more than working for God. It is willingly
and consciously giving of one’s total self to God before giving of any other
thing. The Macedonian churches demonstrated this when “...they gave themselves
first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will” (2 Corinthians 8:5
NIV).
Are you ready to present yourself as a living sacrifice to God?
No amount of any other offering or sacrifice is acceptable to Him. He wants you
to first totally surrender your life to Him before He can accept your
possession, service or any other form of worship you can render to Him. Be a
living sacrifice to God!
In His service,
Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to offer yourself as a
living sacrifice to God.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 05 Oct 2014, 7:52 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WHAT IMPACT WILL YOU MAKE?
“I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but
will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my
body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is
gain” (Philippians 1:20-21 NIV).
I am always fascinated by the life of Frances Jane van Alstyne
née Crosby (March 24, 1820 - February 12, 1915), more commonly known as Fanny
Crosby whenever I sing any of her hymns. Here was a woman who was blind for
most part of her life (she was blinded by an incompetent doctor at six weeks of
age). In spite of this, she wrote over 8,000 hymns. An online source quoted her
saying: “It seemed intended by the blessed providence of God that I should be
blind all my life, and I thank Him for the dispensation. If perfect earthly
sight were offered me tomorrow I would not accept it. I might not have sung
hymns to the praise of God if I had been distracted by the beautiful and
interesting things about me.” 
Some of Crosby's best-known songs include "To God Be the
Glory", "Blessed Assurance", "Pass Me Not, O Gentle
Saviour", "Jesus Is Tenderly Calling You Home", "Praise
Him, Praise Him", "Rescue the Perishing", “All The Way My
Saviour Leads Me”, “Take The World But Give Me Jesus” and many others. Crosby
wrote over 1,000 secular poems, and had four books of poetry published, as well
as two best-selling autobiographies. Additionally, she co-wrote popular secular
songs, as well as political and patriotic songs, and at least five cantatas on
biblical and patriotic themes, including “The Flower Queen”, the first secular
cantata by an American composer. Crosby was committed to Christian rescue
missions, and was known for her public speaking. Undoubtedly, her works have
inspired and blessed millions of souls throughout the world.
Apostle Paul was “...hard pressed on every side, but not
crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck
down, but not destroyed” (2 Corinthians 4:8-9 NIV). He was in a Roman prison
awaiting death sentence when he wrote many of his epistles. In one of such
epistles, the Epistle to the Philippians, Paul expressed his desire to exalt
Jesus Christ in spite of his predicament. He was even ready to die for the
cause of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ (see Philippians 1:20-21). No
wonder, he also made a lot of impact in the lives of many people.
What are you passing through now? What impact will you make in
spite of your situation? What legacy will you leave behind when you are no
more? Determine to make a positive impact in your generation. Do not let any
situation hinder you.
In His service,
Prayer Point: Pray that God will help you to make positive
impact in your generation in spite of any situation you may be passing through.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 9:51 pm

Dearly Beloved
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!
"Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of
your stomach and your frequent illnesses" (1 Timothy 5:23 NIV).
The above Bible passage has been one of the most misinterpreted
and misapplied ones. In fact, it is one of those controversial verses of the
Bible. Drunkards and those that are inclined to drinking too much wine and
alcoholic drinks are quick to refer to it in support of their action. However,
as I was in a Sunday school class one Sunday, I saw a different application to
the instruction of Paul to Timothy: Timothy should take care of himself. The
means of doing this was taking of some wine. Other places where the Bible
refers to wine as something of medicinal substance are: Second Samuel 16:2
where it was said to revive the faint; Proverbs 31:6 where it was said to be
suitable as a sedative for people in distress; Luke 10:34 where the Samaritan
poured oil and wine on the wounds of the injured traveler; and Matthew 27:34
and Mark 15:23 where it was mixed with a drug to ease suffering. 
Well, this devotional write-up is not aimed at supporting or not
supporting the use of wine, but to underscore the importance of taking care of
oneself. Paul was concerned about the well being of Timothy, and he recommended
to him a way of taking care of himself. No doubt, Timothy yielded to this
advice to his own good.
Medical and other advices have been given to many people today,
and many people do not yield to such good advices to their detriment. Are you
one of such people that do not yield to medical, professional, ministerial and
other specialized advices about your health, business, family or other
endeavors? Part of taking care of yourself is yielding to such good advices.
"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end
you will be wise" (Proverbs 19:20 NIV). 
In His service,
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor)

WEBSITE REDESIGNING
I want to redesign the official website of my Internet ministry: http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/. It was first designed and hosted in 2008. Undoubtedly,
it is overdue for redesigning. If the Lord is leading you to be part of this
project, send a private message to me at spiritualdigest@yahoo.com. God
bless you!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 10:29 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WILL JESUS FIND US WATCHING?
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or
the hour” (Matthew 25:13 NIV).
The story of the Ten Virgins is one of the popular parables of
Jesus Christ. It tells of ten virgins that were waiting for a bridegroom.
Interestingly, five of these virgins were wise by having oil in their jars
along with their lamps while the other five were foolish by not having extra
oil thereby not preparing for any eventuality. The bridegroom delayed in coming
and arrived late in the night. The prepared wise virgins could accompany the
bridegroom to the wedding banquet while the foolish ones missed the banquet
because they were not adequately prepared. 
It was probably this Bible story that motivated the famous blind
hymn writer, Frances J. Crosby (also known as Fanny Crosby), to compose the
hymn “WILL JESUS FIND US WATCHING?” in 1875. The words of the hymn attest to
this. Crosby asked that will Jesus find us faithfully watching with our lamps
all trimmed and bright when He comes to reward His servants whether it is noon
or night. Can we say we are ready for the soul’s bright home? If Jesus shall
call us one by one at the dawn of the early morning to restore our talents back
to Him, will He be able to say “Well done” to us? We shall have a glorious rest
if there is nothing in our hearts to condemn us after we have been true to the
trust He left us and have sought to do our best. Blessed indeed are those whom
the Lord finds watching because they shall share in His glory. However, the big
question is, “If He shall come at the dawn or midnight, will He find us
watching there?”
So are you really ready if Jesus Christ should return
today? Or are you like the foolish
virgins in the biblical story? Jesus Christ will come back one day. It may be
now, it may be later. The fact that He has not come for the past two thousand
years does not negate the certainty of His coming. Are you ready for His
coming? Will He find you watching?
In His service,
Prayer Point: Pray that the second coming of the Lord Jesus
Christ will not meet you unprepared.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 7:13 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WHEN SUCCESS COMES
"Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea and they went into
the Desert of Shur. For three days they travelled in the desert without finding
water. When they came to Marah, they could not drink its water because it was
bitter" (Exodus 15:22-23 NIV).
The people of Israel had just recorded a great success - God
delivered them completely from the oppressing Egyptians by making them pass
through the Red Sea on dry ground and completely drowning their foes in the sea
(Exodus 14). They acknowledged this victory by singing songs of praise to the
Lord (Exodus 15:1-21). However, immediately after leaving the Red Sea, they
were confronted with a challenge - wandering in the desert for three days
without finding water. Even when they eventually found one, they could not
drink it because it was bitter. The reaction of the people of Israel showed
that they could not manage their success neither could they rely on the source
of the success. Nevertheless, the point of emphasis here is not about their
reaction, but about the aftermath of the success.
The Bible is full of aftermaths of successes: Noah could not
control himself at the first fruit of his labour after the flood (Genesis 9);
Abraham was asked to sacrifice the son he had in his old age (Genesis 22); the
people of Israel went through River Jordan on a dry ground into the waiting
hands of the hostile Canaanites (Joshua 3-10); Gideon fell into the sin of
idolatry after God gave him and the people of Israel victory over the
oppressing Midianites (Judges 8:22-27); Samson failed to manage his many
successes over the rampaging Philistines and eventually fell into their hands
(Judges 14-16); Samuel was a successful minister of God, but he could not train
his children the ways of the Lord (1 Samuel 7:13-8:3); Saul was overcome by
covetousness after his success over the Amalekites (1 Samuel 15); David fell
into the sins of adultery and murder after God had established his kingdom (2
Samuel 11); in spite of his wisdom, Solomon loved and married many foreign
women to his peril (1 Kings 11); of note was Uzziah whose success made him to
go against the law of God (2 Chronicles 26:16-21). The list cannot be
exhausted. 
Do you know that success is not the end of the story in your
life? Do you always prepare to manage the aftermath of your success? When
success comes, be ready to face more challenges. Such challenges may be
positive or negative. Pray that God will enable you to handle them
successfully.
In His service,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:24 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WANTED: A DILIGENT WORKER!
"One night Eli was lying down in his usual place. The lamp
of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down. Then the LORD called
Samuel" (1 Samuel 3:2-4 NIV).
"Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before
kings; he will not serve before obscure men" (Proverbs 22:29 NIV).
The boy Samuel was ministering in the tabernacle at Shiloh when
he suddenly heard somebody calling his name. He thought it was Eli the priest
that was calling him. So, he ran to Eli to answer the call. However, it was not
Eli. Eli told him to go and lie down. This happened thrice. It was on the third
occasion that Eli perceived that it might be God calling Samuel, so he told the
boy what he would say when he hears such call again. Samuel heard the call the
fourth time and did as Eli told him.
The story is a well-known one especially to the children, but
there is a lesson in it, that many people do not always take note of: the
willingness of Samuel to do anything for his master, Eli, even in the night
when others had slept. It was this willingness to serve and his diligence that
made God to call him and used him mightily in place of the wayward sons of Eli.
Are you also willing to be diligent in your work to the point of
having extra-time work without thinking of remuneration for such work? Are you
diligent in your work to the extent that your boss and even God can single you
out for greater responsibility and compensation? God is not looking for
ordinary workers, but workers that are willing to work for Him diligently.
Wanted: A diligent worker! Are you ready to be one especially in the service of
God?
In His service,
Prayer Requests:
1. God, give me the spirit of diligence to be more diligent in
all my work. 
2. Let my diligence lead me to higher ground in my working place
and in your service in Jesus' name. Amen.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:46 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
"This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you
that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose
life, so that you and your children may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19 NIV).
"`So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your
people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern
this great people of yours?' The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for
this" (1 Kings 3:9-10 NIV).
The traditional wedding ceremony in most part of Nigeria has
been replaced with either Christian church wedding ceremony or the Islamic
wedding ceremony. This modern ceremony is now being preceded by or mixed with
what is commonly called the engagement ceremony. The engagement ceremony is
mostly traditional in nature. One of the aspects of the engagement ceremony is
picking of the most valuable thing out of the dowry items that the family of
the groom brings to the family of the bride. The bride will perform this rite.
She is expected (when she is a Christian) to pick a copy of the Holy Bible that
has been included in the dowry for that purpose. It is a way of telling the
whole world that the bride values the Holy Bible more than any of the dowry
items and that she is deciding to make the word of God her guide as she is
entering into a new life.
This practice is good and laudable. Nonetheless, how many of
such brides value the word of God more than any other thing in the world? How
many of them really make it their guide in their matrimonial homes? These are
applicable to men also, although, they are not required to make such decision
during the engagement ceremony. 
The practice has made me ponder on many practices we are doing
religiously without thinking seriously about their purposes and implications.
If the bride (or even the groom) is given free hand to choose what she likes
most, would she choose the Bible? If you were given such rare opportunity to
choose from the things of this world and the word of God, would you really choose
the word of God?
Solomon chose to be wise when God asked him to ask for anything
(1 Kings 3:4-14), however, at his later years, he abandoned his choice and
allowed his foreign wives to mislead him (1 Kings 11:1-9).
What would you choose? Even when you choose wisely, would you
remain with your choice?
In His service,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 6:54 pm

Dearly Beloved,
NOT WITH GOD
"Jesus looked at them and said, `With man this is
impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God'" (Mark
10:27 NIV).
Our God is the God of all possibilities. Nothing is impossible
with Him, with the exception of things that are contrary to His divine
attributes (see Numbers 23:19; 1 Samuel 15:29; 2 Timothy 2:13; Titus 1:2;
Hebrews 6:18). God is the infinite God. He can do all things. He knows all
things. He is above all things. He is the Creator of all things. In fact, He is
the eternal God that has been before the creation of all things; He is when
there are all things; and He will continue to be when all things are no more
(cf. Hebrews 13:8). What a God!
On the contrary, man is finite. He cannot do all things. He does
not know all things. He is not above all things. He is just a created being. In
fact, he "is of few days and full of trouble" (Job 14:1 NIV).
Jesus Christ brought out this great difference between God and
man when His disciples were amazed at His teachings about the kingdom of God.
He said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are
possible with God" (Mark 10:27 NIV. You can also read Genesis 18:14;
Jeremiah 32:17, 27; Luke 1:37; 18:27; Philippians 3:21).
What is the implication of this glaring difference? Total
dependence on God, and not man. One should not rely on anybody, even oneself.
One should not lose hope that one's situation is beyond remedy. Man may fail
because of his limitation. Things may reach a deadlock with man, BUT NOT WITH
GOD. All things are possible with Him! "What is impossible with men is
possible with God" (Luke 18:27 NIV).
In His service,
Prayer Request:
1. God, make all those good things that are impossible possible
for me in Jesus' name.
2. Let me totally depend on you in all things especially those
things that are beyond my control in Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 17 Aug 2014, 11:20 pm

Dearly Beloved,
EBOLA SHOULD BE DISCUSSED IN THE CHURCH!
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all
may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well†(3 John 2 NIV).
Since the outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in some parts of
Africa and its dramatic entrance into Nigeria about a month ago, many facts,
rumours, and even jokes have emerged about the epidemic. One of my friends on
Facebook recently posted this message on his wall: “IF YOU GO TO CHURCH TODAY
AND THE MESSAGE CENTERS ON EBOLA... KNOW IT FOR SURE THAT THATS ONE DEAD CHURCH
EXISTING AS A NEWS/CURRENT AFFAIR CENTER!†I totally disagreed with it
instantly and commented on the post to express my disagreement. Interestingly,
most of the people that commented on the post also disagreed with it. 
A fundamental question is raise here: should current affairs in
general and the issue of Ebola in particular be discussed in the church? This
may be controversial, but I am of the opinion that the church should not be
indifferent to prevailing issues in the society. In fact, the church should be
actively involved in what is going on in the society because the church is in
the society, though it may not be of the society. The church should be a
platform to inform its members about prevailing issues in the society. This
information should include enlightenment, warnings, advice, suggestions, observations,
comments, and the likes on the prevailing issues. If the church is not ready to
do this, then, we should be ready for misinformation that will eventually
mislead church members. The Bible says, “...my people are destroyed from lack
of knowledge...†(Hosea 4:6 NIV).
On the issue of Ebola virus disease (EVD), the church should
rise up to enlighten its members about the possible causes of the disease, how
to prevent them, the symptoms of the disease, and how to handle people that
have been infected by the disease. Undoubtedly, there are many promises in the
Bible against pestilence. Nonetheless, people should be enlightened not to take
these promises for granted by not being precautious of possible causes of Ebola
and all other diseases, and try as much as possible to prevent their infection.
There is power in the blood of Jesus to heal one from any illness or disease,
but, the church must not become healing centres while hospitals and other
medical centres are neglected. Pastors and other spiritual leaders should not
turn themselves overnight to healers of Ebola or any disease.
It is the will of God that every church member should enjoy good
health (see 3 John 2; Psalm 20:1-5; 91:10; Philippians 2:4, 27; Deuteronomy
7:15; Exodus 23:25; Isaiah 33:24). Therefore, Ebola should be adequately
discussed in the church.
In His service,

Prayer Points:
1. Pray that as you take precautions, God will protect you from
being infected with Ebola virus disease and other diseases.
2. Pray for divine healing for people that have been infected
with the virus.
3. Pray that God will provide a sure cure for this disease.
4. Pray that our governments and other health institutions will
expedite actions to control the spread of this deadly disease.

NB
To put this message into practice, let me briefly give some
facts about Ebola virus disease (EVD):
The disease is also known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever or simply
Ebola virus. It kills up to 90% of people who are infected. It is a rare but
deadly virus that causes bleeding inside and outside the body. As the virus
spreads through the body, it damages the immune system and organs. Ultimately,
it causes levels of blood-clotting cells to drop. This leads to severe,
uncontrollable bleeding.
How to get Ebola: Ebola is not as contagious as more common
viruses like colds, influenza, or measles. It spreads to people by contact with
the skin or bodily fluids of an infected animal, like a monkey, chimp, or fruit
bat. It then moves from person to person the same way. Those who care for a
sick person or bury someone who has died from the disease often get it. Other
ways to get Ebola include touching contaminated needles or surfaces. You cannot
get Ebola from air, water, or food. A person who has Ebola but has no symptoms
cannot spread the disease, either.
Symptoms of Ebola: Ebola can feel early like the flu or other
illnesses. Symptoms show up 2 to 21 days after infection and usually include:
high fever, headache, joint and muscle aches, sore throat, weakness, stomach
pain, lack of appetite. As the disease gets worse, it causes bleeding inside
the body, as well as from the eyes, ears, and nose.  Some people will vomit or cough up blood,
have bloody diarrhoea, and get a rash.
How it is diagnosed: Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person
has Ebola from the symptoms alone. Doctors may test to rule out other diseases
like cholera or malaria. Tests of blood and tissues also can diagnose Ebola.
If you have Ebola, you will be isolated from the public immediately
to prevent the spread.
Please create awareness, not panic, about Ebola!
(You can know more about this disease through the Internet.)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 10 Aug 2014, 9:15 pm

Dearly Beloved,
DO YOU TAKE PLEASURE IN THEM?
"Although they know God's righteous decree that those who
do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things
but also approve of those who practice them" (Romans 1:32 NIV).
There is a Yoruba proverb that goes thus: "He who does not
eat rat should not use his teeth to divide it for the children." The
proverb amused me. However as I pondered on it further, I realized that many
Christians are like that proverbial man. They would not want to do something,
especially bad thing, but they take pleasure in such things when other people
are doing them. 
King Solomon took pleasure in foreign women when God forbade the
people of Israel not to do so (Deuteronomy 7:3-4). The Bible says, "King
Solomon loved many foreign women. They were from nations about which the LORD
had told the Israelites, `You must not intermarry with them, because they will
surely turn your hearts after their gods.' Nevertheless, Solomon held fast to
them in love" (1 Kings 11:1-2 NIV). These foreign women gradually led him
away from God. Some good kings of Judah had a flaw - "the high places,
however, were not removed" (1 Kings 22:43; 2 Kings 12:3; 14:4; 15:4, 35
NIV). This flaw was recorded against Jehoshaphat, Joash, Amasiah, Azariah, and
Jotham. Their problem for not removing these high places was probably that they
took pleasure in them.
It is ludicrous that some people in the Christian faith are
taking pleasure in things that are contrary to the word of God. A good example
of this is the controversial ordination of homosexuals in some Christian
denominations. I wonder what messages such denominations want to pass across to
the unbelievers.
What are those bad and wrong things that you also take pleasure
in? In what way do you approve of those that are doing such bad and wrong
things? Beware that you do not take pleasure in bad and wrong things.
In His service,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 9:26 pm

Dearly Beloved,
CAN YOU DO LIKE JOB DID?
"Oh, that I had someone to hear me! I sign now my defense -
let the Almighty answer me; let my accuser put his indictment in writing.
Surely I would wear it on my shoulder, I would put it on like a crown. I would
give him an account of my every step; like a prince I would approach him"
(Job 31:35-37 NIV).
Job was a righteous man. I respect him a lot. His last defense
in Job 31 is thought provoking. Let us look at them one after the other: he
started the last part of his defense by declaring his covenant "not to
look lustfully at a girl" (verse 1). He reiterated this in verse 9 that
his heart had never been enticed by a woman. What a sexual purity! He testified
about his blamelessness in terms of falsehood and deceit in verses 5-8. Also he
talked about how he had not denied justice to his servants because he knew that
the same God created him and these servants (verses 13-15). Moreover, he could
boast about his generosity to the needy (verses 16-23). This generosity was
extended to the members of his household as well as strangers (verses 31-32).
He also exonerated himself from putting his trust in material possessions or
any form of idolatry (verses 24-28). He could say it that he had never
"rejoiced at [his] enemy's misfortune" nor invoke "a curse
against his life" (verses 29-30). He even claimed his fairness to
inanimate things like land (verses 37-40). In each of the cases, he prayed for
severe consequences if he had done otherwise. No wonder, he could appeal his case
to the Almighty (verses 35-37).
Who on earth nowadays can do like Job did - to be bold enough to
be able call people to challenge his/her integrity and fairness? Are we men not
looking lustfully at other women, and being enticed by them? Are women also not
doing what will make men to lust after them by their dressing and actions? How
blameless are we in terms of falsehood and deceit? Are we not treating those
that are subordinate to us with injustice? How generous are we to the needy and
others around us? Are we not looking up to material possessions and other
worldly things as our source of security? Have these things not become our thin
gods? What is our attitude to our perceived enemies? Do you not rejoice at
their misfortune and even invoke curses on them? How fair are we to animals and
inanimate things around us? Can we sincerely pray that God should repay us
according to our deeds?
People may blame Job for his self-righteousness, but his life is
one that even God could boast of (Job 1:8; 2:3). Can you be like Job, and can
you do like he did?
In His service,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 4:36 pm

Dearly Beloved,
HARK, THE VOICE OF JESUS CALLING
“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send?
And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” (Isaiah 6:8 NIV).
“Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful but
the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out
workers into his harvest field’” (Matthew 9:37-38 NIV).
Daniel March was a pastor in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA in
the late nineteenth century when he had the inspiration to compose the hymn,
“HARK, THE VOICE OF JESUS CALLING.” He composed the hymn during a service to
replace a hymn that he perceived was not suitable for his message, and he sang
the hymn immediately. Undoubtedly, Isaiah 6:8 and Matthew 9:37-38 (quoted
above) would come to mind as some of the Bible passages that Daniel March might
likely used as Scripture texts for his sermon that day. 
More than in the days of Daniel March, the voice of Jesus is
still calling today, “Who will go and work today? Fields are ripe and harvests
waiting, who will bear the sheaves away?” Will you answer the call like Isaiah
and say, “Here am I. Send me!”? Daniel March gave some explanations in his
hymn. You do not need to go to a distant place to do this assignment. You can
find the lost around you; you can help them at your door. You do not need to
have millions of dollars before you can give for missions. You can give the
widow’s mite, because, what you truly give for Jesus will be precious in His
sight. You do not need to be a great speaker before you speak of the love of
Jesus and His death. You can even lead the little children to the Savior’s
waiting arms. While you may not be noticeable to many people as some great
evangelists and preachers of the Gospel, with your prayers and with your bounties,
you can secretly do what heaven demands. You can even be like faithful Aaron
and Hur who held up the hands of Moses while Joshua was in the war front
fighting God’s battle (see Exodus 17:10-13). 
Having warned that we should not let people hear us idly saying,
“There is nothing I can do. While the lost of earth are dying, and the Master
calls for you”, Daniel March, therefore, concluded in the hymn with this
admonition: “Take the task He gives you gladly; Let His work your pleasure be;
Answer quickly when He calls you, Here am I, send me, send me.” Are you ready
to yield to this admonition?
In His service,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:38 pm

Dearly Beloved,
CAN THESE BONES LIVE?
“The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out by the
Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones.
He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor
of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, ‘Son of man, can these
bones live?’ I said, ‘O Sovereign Lord, you alone know’” (Ezekiel 37:1-3 NIV).
I am not happy with the level of corruption in my country,
Nigeria. Corruption has eating deep into the fibre of every place from the
highest level in the corridors of power in the country to the lowest level one
can think of. Even, our religious (and especially Christian) settings are not
left out of this moral decadence. I have been thinking if there would be any
remedy from this situation. Will Nigeria ever be corruption free again?
As I ruminated on this, the vision of Ezekiel in Ezekiel 37 came
to my mind and specifically, the question of the Sovereign Lord: “Can these
bones live?” Ezekiel could not answer the question, but the Lord asked him to
command the dry bones to come back to life. After the dry bones had come back
to life at Ezekiel’s command, the Lord gave the meaning of the vision: the dry
bones were the whole house of Israel who thought that “[their] bones are dried
up and [their] hope is gone” (verse 11 NIV). The Lord then asked Ezekiel to prophesy
to the people that He (God) would open their graves and bring them up from
their scattered places; that He would bring them back to the land of Israel.
After these, the people of Israel would know that He is the Lord, when He opens
their graves and brings them up from the far places. He also promised to put
His Spirit in them and that they would live (see verses 12-14).
In spite of the level of corruption in Nigeria, I believe that
Nigeria will be free of corruption one day. Only, I cannot say how soon this
will be. However, what role am I playing to make this come to reality sooner?
What roles are you playing to make Nigeria corruption free? For non-Nigerians,
what roles are you playing to make your society corruption free? The bones of
uprightness can live again wherever you find yourself by contributing your own
positive quota towards it. Shun corruption in any form!
In His service,
Prayer Point: Pray that the Sovereign Lord will break every yoke
of corruption in your life and society.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down