Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» Asia Minor Turkey Missionary update PRAISE REPORTS & NEEDS
Yesterday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Yesterday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
Yesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 8:53 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by Admin

» ABOUT DONALD TRUMP
Yesterday at 5:56 pm by Admin

» Shooting on Las Vegas Strip kills more than 50, hundreds wounded
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:53 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:23 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:16 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:11 pm by Admin

» THE MASTERS LIST Dean W. Masters
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:40 pm by Admin

» GOSPEL FROM ASIA
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:35 pm by Admin

» My Manna
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:29 pm by Admin

» World Famous Journalist Who Exposed Clinton Foundation Crimes Found Murdered
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 7:41 pm by Admin

» THE CLARION PROJECT
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:11 pm by Admin

» Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:07 pm by Admin

» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:05 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:58 pm by Admin

» Ps 10-25
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 4:27 pm by clark thompson

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Days of Heaven on Earth

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Days of Heaven on Earth

Post  Admin on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 11:03 pm

Simpson Devotional
Inspirational Readings by A.B. Simpson
Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, November 22, 2010
Greater than the fault we condemn and criticize is the sin of criticism and condemnation. There is no time that demands such grace as when we deal with an erring one.
A lady once called on me on her way to give an erring sister a piece of her mind. I advised her to wait until she could love the woman a little more. Only Jesus, who loved sinners well enough to die for them, can deal with the erring. We can never see all the heart. He does, and He can convict without condemning and reprove without discouraging.
Oh, for more of the heart of Christ! Take care how you speak of another's fault. Some day soon you may be in the same or deeper condemnation. Very significantly does the Master say that the man who sees a mote in his brother's eye usually has a rafter in his own.
Give me a heart like Thine,
Give me a heart like Thine.
By Thy wonderful power,
By Thy grace every hour,
Give me a heart like Thine.
Scripture
Cast out the beam out of thine own eye—Matthew 7:5
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 21 Nov 2010, 2:35 pm

Simpson Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, November 21, 2010
It is said that a mother found her small boy standing beside a tall sunflower, with his feet stuck in the ground. When she asked, "What in the world are you doing there?" he naively answered, "Why, I am trying to grow to be a man."
His mother laughed heartily at the idea of his being planted in the ground in order to grow like the sunflower. Then, patting him gently on the head, she said, "Why, Harry, that is not the way to grow. You can never grow bigger by trying. just come right in and eat enough good food and have plenty of play and you will soon grow to be a man without trying so hard."
Harry's mother was right. There could not be a better answer to the question: "How do the lilies grow?" than Hannah Whitehall Smith's comment, "They grow without trying."
Our deepest spiritual life is the life of self unconsciousness through which we become united to Christ. We live continually on His life, being nourished, fed and constantly filled with His Spirit and presence and all the fullness of His imparted life.
Scripture
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow—Matthew 6:28

Simpson Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, November 20, 2010
An American gentleman once visited the saintly Albert Bengel. He was very desirous to hear him pray. So one night he lingered at his door, hoping to overhear his closing devotions. The rooms were adjoining and the doors ajar. The good man finished his studies, closed his books, knelt down for a moment and simply said, "Dear Lord Jesus, things are still the same between us" and then quietly fell asleep. So close was his communion with his Lord that labor did not interrupt it and prayer was not necessary to renew it. It was a ceaseless, almost unconscious presence, like the fragrance of the summer garden or the company of some special person by our side whose presence we somehow feel, even though the busy hours pass by and not a word is exchanged.
O blessed fellowship, divine,
O joy, supremely sweet,
Companionship with Jesus here,
Makes life with joy replete;
0 wondrous grace, 0 joy sublime,
I've Jesus with me all the time.
Scripture
The disciple whom Jesus loved . . . leaned on his breast—John 21:20
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 18 Nov 2010, 1:32 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, November 17, 2010

God does give us impressions but not with the intent that we should act on them as impressions. If the impression comes from God, He will Himself give sufficient evidence to establish it beyond the possibility of a doubt.

We read of the impression that came to Jeremiah concerning the purchase of the field of Anathoth. Jeremiah, however, did not act upon this impression until after the following day, when his Uncle's son came to him and brought him external evidence by making a proposal for the purchase - Then Jeremiah said, I knew that this was the word of the Lord/ (Jerermah 32:8).

He waited until God seconded the impression by a providence, and then he acted in full view of the open facts that could bring conviction unto others as well as himself.

God wants us to act according to His mind. We are not to ignore the Shepherd's personal voice, but like Paul and his companions at Troas we are to listen to all the voices that speak and gather from all the circumstances, as they did, the full mind of the Lord.

Scripture
The ark of the covenant of the Lord went before them—Numbers 10:33
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 17 Nov 2010, 7:32 pm

Simpson Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Jesus illustrates the unexpectedness of His coming by the figure of a thief entering a house when the master is not there. Life, like a house when the master the old Jewish night, may be divided into three watches-youth, maturity, old age. The summons to meet God may come to us in any of these watches.
A writer tells us of his experience with a camping party of which he was a member and which, he tells us, always arranged to have watches at night. "We became especially careful after what I am about to narrate happened. During the first night, from sunset to sunrise, we had in turn carefully guarded our camp. But when the next night came, we were so impressed with the seeming safety of the neighborhood that we concluded no guard was needed until bedtime. We spent the evening in the main tent telling stories, singing and enjoying ourselves. When the hour to retire arrived, we discovered that our other tents had been robbed and everything of value stolen. The mischief was done before we thought a guard necessary."
It is never too soon to begin watching against sin.
Scripture
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour-Matthew 25:13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 14 Nov 2010, 3:19 pm

Simpson Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth

Daniel's heart was filled with God's love for His work and kingdom, and his prayers were the mightiest forces of his time. Through them God gave to him the restoration of Israel to their own land, and the acknowledgment by the rulers of the world of the God of whom he testified and for whom he lived.
There is a beautiful promise in Psalm 37: Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart (v.4). It is, perhaps, legitimate to translate this as meaning not only the fulfillment of our desires, but even the inspiration of our desires, the inbreathing of His thoughts into us so that our prayers shall be in accord with His will and bring back to us the unfailing answer of His mighty providence.
Teach me Thy thoughts, 0 God!
Think Thou, Thyself, in me;
Then shall I only always think
Thine own thoughts after Thee.
Teach me Thy thoughts, 0 God!
Show me Thy plan divine;
Save me from all my plans and works,
And lead me into Thine.
Scripture
Delight thyself also in the Lord—Psalm 37:4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Days of Heaven on Earth

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Nov 2010, 3:12 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, November 09, 2010
After having become adjusted to our Living Head and the source of our life, our business now is to abide, absorb and grow. We do this by leaning on Christ's strength, drinking in His life, feeding on Him as the Living Bread and drawing all of our resources from Him in continual dependence and communion.
The Holy Spirit will be the great Teacher and Minister in this blessed process. He will take of the things of Christ and show them to us, and He will impart them through all the channels and functions of our spiritual lives. As we yield ourselves to Him He will breathe His own prayer of communion, drawing out our hearts in longings and hungerings, which are the pledge of their own fulfillment, calling us apart in silent and wordless prayer, and opening every sense and sensibility of our spiritual beings to take in His life.
As the lungs absorb the oxygen from the atmosphere, as the senses breathe in the sweet odors of the garden, so the heart instinctively receives and rejoices in the affection and fellowship of the beloved One by our sides. Thus each of us becomes like a tree planted by the rivers of water (Psalm 1:3).
Scripture
Because I live, ye shall live also—John 14:19
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

View previous topic View next topic Back to top