Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Source:- GOOD NEWS

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Source:- GOOD NEWS

Post  Admin on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

Acts 1:8 (NIV). [Jesus said]''But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.''.... .. Thoughts on This Verse... God has a plan to reach the world with his grace. We start where we are and reach out to those around us. We then share the story of Jesus with those in our region. Then we reach out and take the gospel all over the world. As we offer ourselves to be used, we also trust that the Holy Spirit's power and presence will go with us.

ITS WAS NOT ALWAYS FOR ME TO BE HONEST WITH PEOPLE ..I STILL HAVE TRUST ISSUES
BUT I BELIEVE AS YOU GET TO KNOW SOMEONE WHICH IS NOT OVERNIGHT SITUATION
YOU BECOME MUCH COMFORABLE WITH THEM ...I BELIEVE IN SOME CASES IT COULD TAKE YEARS ....BUT THAT IS WHY I LIKE ABOUT GROUPS YOU ARE ABLE TO OPEN UP AND TO BE HONEST ON ANY LEVEL YOU DESIRE....
DELMAR

Wednesdays - July 27th 2011

Authenticity

"When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, 'Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false.'" - John 1:47 (NIV).

"There's a story about a woman finding herself alone in an elevator with the famous and very handsome Robert Redford. As the elevator moved up the floors, the woman, found herself uncontrollably staring at the movie star. Finally, in her excitement and nervousness, she blurted out: 'Are you the real Robert Redford?' To which Redford responded, 'Only when I'm alone.'"

I think that if I were an actor—especially one as successful as Robert Redford—I might find it very difficult to be the real me when I am not acting a part and may all too readily forget who the real me is.

Even without being an actor, I find that one of the most difficult things in life is to be honest with myself. It's hard enough to know and admit what my true feelings are, let alone my motives! And it's all too easy to act out any part to avoid facing the real me. I may act the part of a super-nice (saccharine sweet) fellow to avoid facing my unresolved anger...or super-brave to hide my hidden fears...or gruff and macho to hide my insecurity and so on.

However, it's only as I get real and courageously honest with myself and God that he can help me to grow and become the person he wants me to be. The same goes for getting close to people. Only to the degree that I am open, honest, and real can I relate intimately with those I love. And, unfortunately, the more I hide my true self the more I will live with others together alone apart—a very lonely and unfulfilling existence.

Prayer: "Almighty God, please help me to be real—one in whom there is nothing false—so that I can become all that you planned for me to be and have loving, wholesome relationships with you and all of my loved ones. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."

Have a Blessed Wednesday and God Bless you.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:53 am

Romans 14:8 (NIV). If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord....... Thoughts on This Verse... We are the Lord's. He bought us out of bondage to sin and death. We have voluntarily placed our lives in his hands. No matter what we do or where we go, his grace goes with us. He has promised to never leave us. He has assured us that nothing can separate us from his love. So let's live with a sense of excited anticipation, looking to see where the Lord will lead us. Let us face difficulty, and even death, with the assurance that we will not face tough times alone. Even in the shadow of death, we don't have to fear what the evil can do. We are the Lord's.

Moment In The Word

Listen

Greetings

TODAY'S VERSE "He inquired of the LORD, saying, "Shall I go and attack these Philistines? " The LORD answered him." I Samuel 23:2 (NIV)
TODAY'S THOUGHT It is easy to read this passage and not get the significance of the spiritual moment. You see the truth is we worship the true and living God who wants to interact with us. Christianity is more than a religion it is also mystical relationship with God. The Philistines were threatening the town that David was in and his men wondered if they should fight. David knew the odds were not in their favor but wanted to know what God thought about it. So what did he do? He asked God. And God answered him. We talk about prayer and so we talk to God, but we don't spend much time listening. God speaks through His word. God speaks through our conscience. God speaks through Godly friends and leaders and God speaks through His Holy Spirit. God speaks but are we in the habit of listening?
TODAY'S PRAYER Father, I need to hear Your voice. There is so much I need to know from You. Please help me listen. Help me hear what you desire to say to me so I will follow Your will for my life. Today I come and pray with Samuel of old, "Speak Lord for Your servant hears you." AMEN
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION -I listen to God Quiet your heart and when you are ready ask God to make His presence known to you. Sit before God and soak in His presence. Ask Him to help you hear His voice. Visualize yourself talking to God and picture Him talking to you. Sense what it would be like. Hear it, feel it. Sense the reality of God sharing with you in real and personal ways. When done, pray to God, "Lord I come and desire to listen to Your voice. Help me hear you." .
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

Galatians 6:2 (NIV). Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ...... . Thoughts on This Verse... This is just another way of saying,''Love your neighbor as yourself!'' Jesus came to bear our burdens and carry away the stain and pain of our sin. (Read Isaiah 53 for a powerful description of God's Suffering Servant, a passage quoted in the New Testament in reference to Jesus.) He now asks us to live redemptively, in practical ways, toward those around us. More than just praying, or asking what we can do to help, we are called to serve, minister, and assist others who are burdened.

I BELIEVE WE NEED TO KEEP ON TOP OF ARE GUILT BECAUSE IT WILL ROB YOU
AND AND SADLY MANY PEOPLE WILL USE GUILT TO MAKE YOU FEEL BAD SO
KEEP ON TOP OF YOUR PAST GUILT AND YOUR GUILT FOR TOMORROW
I BELIVE THERE IS MANY KINDS OF GUILT BUT AS YOU READ IT WILL BRING YOU INTO A BETTER UNDERSTANDING
DELMAR

Guilt is an excellent warning light that says something is wrong. Yet when it persists too long, it provides fuel for Satan’s lies and strangulates spiritual growth.

Edward T. Welch

Overcoming False Guilt - Saturday's - July 23rd 2011

Saturday's July 23rd 2011

Overcoming False Guilt

"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'" - John 8:31-32 (NIV).
Day before yesterday we explained the difference between real guilt, false
guilt, and shame. Today we address the question of how we can be freed from false guilt.

Because the feelings of false guilt (and shame) have been conditioned over many years, we don't undo or re-condition them overnight.

First, however, we need to recognize what is real guilt and godly sorrow, and
what is false guilt. As Jesus pointed out, when we are his true followers we
will know the truth, and the truth will set us free.

When someone is using false guilt; that is, trying to manipulate us to feel
guilty if we don't do what they want us to do, we need to recognize their game and refuse to allow them to control us—regardless of how we feel. It will take a while to master this and you will probably begin to feel angry at that person and yourself for letting yourself be controlled. However, the more you resist this kind of control, the stronger you will become and the better you will feel about yourself.

A good response to "guilt throwers" is to say kindly, "You're not trying to make me feel guilty are you?"

Of course they will deny it, but if you stop being a "guilt catcher," "guilt
throwers" will eventually stop throwing their "guilt trip" at you—and throw it
to others who don't recognize their devious manipulation.

A good place to begin practicing saying "No" is to insensitive high-pressure
sales people because you are not emotionally involved with them.

When dealing with "guilt throwers" again, the key is to recognize their ploy or
tactic and simply say "no" to what they want you to do if you don't want to do
it. The more you exercise your "no-muscle" with "guilt-throwers" the stronger in character you will become and the easier it will be to say no to those who want you to do things you don't want to do.

Overcoming shame is a different challenge because shame has been programmed into your self-concept.

To be continued... .

Prayer: "Almighty God, please give me the insight to recognize when someone is trying to lay a guilt trip on me, and give me the courage to say no to them in a kindly fashion—so that I will become stronger in character—and not a guilt-thrower myself. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

Psalm 37:3 (NIV). Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture..... .. Thoughts on This Verse... Having a place of permanence in the middle of life's uncertainties and having the assurance of God's provision are based on two very clear principles: trusting in the LORD and doing good to others. When we live by those two commitments, we learn to depend upon God in fresh

Moment In The Word

Focused Attention

Greetings

TODAY'S VERSE "Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 (NLT)
TODAY'S THOUGHT What we think can dictate the way we feel. Then our feelings effect our thinking and so the spiral goes. So much of what we think at a rudiment level is false. Often what we worry about, the self talk we have, how we view ourself, our core beliefs about life, are based on lies, half-truths or erroneous assumptions. They enter our minds in stealth mode and before we know it, we are feeling down. These lies go unchallenged and cause all sorts of havoc in our lives. Paul says that there is a better way. He says to pray. Talk to God about our thoughts, expose them to the light of the Holy Spirit. He is able to guard our hearts and minds. William Backus in his book, "Learning To Tell Myself The Truth" shares "Feelings follow your thoughts. Untruthful, negative thoughts lead to unpleasant feelings of anxiety, depression or frustration, while truthful, positive thoughts create corresponding pleasant and upbeat feelings.-Your feelings can serve
as an alarm to remind you to question your thoughts and beliefs. Are they negative or positive? Are they true or false? Once you've begun to identify the underlying thoughts and beliefs, you are on your way to healing, wholeness, and happiness." Today begin to follow Paul's advice. When negative feelings come, "fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."
TODAY'S PRAYER Father, You know my inner person. You hear my self talk better than I do. By the power of the Holy Spirit please alert me to my negative thinking and help me fix my thoughts on what is true. Help me think with my faith in Your love and power, not with my feelings. In Jesus' name. AMEN
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION -I fix my thoughts on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and admirable The way we correct our thinking is through focus. Focused attention on what we feel and what we are thinking. Focus on what God says in His word. Focus on the presence of God and His love for us. Today, spend a few minutes focusing on today's affirmation. Repeat it three times slowly, thinking of each word. Let your mind focus on what it means to you. Focus on God's presence and His help in keeping you focused. Today shut out the interference and practice focused attention.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:36 pm

Psalm 31:16 (NIV). Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love....... Thoughts on This Verse... Can your faith hold during trying times? I hope mine can! This is a Psalm written during trying times. However, no matter how difficult the situation, the Psalmist still knows who God is and what he can do when he decides to do it. Even in trial he doesn't lose sight of the blessing that comes from the presence of the LORD.

I THINK ITS INPORTANT TO TELL OTHERS ABOUT CHRIST , I THINK THE MOST MOUNTAIN TOP EXPERIECE IS WHEN JESUS WENT TO THE CROSS .

DELMAR

Wednesday's Dose - July 20th 2011

Mountaintop Experiences

"Then Moses climbed Mount Nebo from the plains of Moab to the top of Pisgah, across from Jericho. There the LORD showed him the whole land [the Promised Land]...." - Deuteronomy 34:1, (NIV).

On April 3, 1968, on the eve of his assassination, Martin Luther King delivered his last sermon at Mason Temple in Memphis, Tennessee. His closing remarks were: "Well, I don't know what will happen now; we've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life longevity has its place.

But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will.
And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the
promised land. So I'm happy tonight; I'm not worried about anything; I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."

Dr. King certainly had a mountaintop experience. Many years before,Moses also had a mountaintop experience. God showed him the land he was promising to the nation of Israel and commissioned Joshua to "arise, go, and possess" this Promised Land. Was it easy to do this? No, not at all. Following Martin Luther King's mountaintop experien ce it was left to his followers to "arise, go, and possess" the promised land that Dr. King saw. Has it been easy for them? No, not at all.

Jesus had a mountaintop experience too. It was at Calvary where he,
seeing the whole world lost in sin, gave his life as a sacrifice for
all. After his resurrection, he gave his followers a vision/dream too— actually a commission. It was, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere." - Mark 16:15, (NLT). Now it's up to us to "arise, go, and possess" the vision God has for the world ... reaching people with the gospel message—one person at a time! Will it be easy? No, not at all. However, knowing this is God's vision and his will, with his help there will always be a way to
fulfill it.

Prayer: "Our Merciful Father in Heaven, open my eyes that I will
clearly see your vision to reach everybody in the world with the
saving gospel message of Jesus Christ. And help me to arise and do my part. Also, help me to be as Jesus to every person in my world and grant that they, seeing Jesus in me, will want him for themselves. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."

Have a Blessed day and God Bless you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

JESUS IS SO GOOD TO US AND FORGIVING TO US CHRISTIANS BUT NOT JUST CHRISTIANS BUT THE WHOLE WORLD IF THEY JUST CAN SEE HOW LOVING GOD CAN BE ..THEY ALWAYS SAY THERE IS 2 SIDES OF A STORY.....FOR ME GOD HAS HELP BECAUSE HE IS MY FATHER AND I WILL SAY HE IS MY MOTHER AND GOD IS PERFECT AND KNOWS HOW I SHOULD LIVE AND YES I HAVE FAILED HIM MANY TIMES BUT HE STILL LOVES ME BECAUSE THERE IS NO CONDEMNATION
HE WANTS US TO LIVE FOR HIM ....IAM THANKFUL TO BE SAVED AND ACCEPTED HIS GIFT OF SALVATION .....I LOST SO MUCH IN MY LIFE , FRIENDS , FAMILY AND NOT ALL THROUGH LIFE BUT I LOST A LOT OF PEOPLE THROUGH DEATH ....I BELIEVE IN SOMEWAYS HE DONE THAT IN MY LIFE IS TO DRAW ME TO HIM AND TO LIVE CLOSER TO HIM BECAUSE NOW HE IS ALL I GOT TO LOOK UP TO .....
DELMAR

No Condemnation - Tuesdays Dose - July 18th 2011

Tuesdays Dose - July 18th 2011
No Condemnation

"When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the [adulterous] woman, He said to her, 'Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?' She said, 'No one, Lord.' And Jesus said to her, 'Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more." - John 8:8-11 (NKJV).Â

To me there is no more beautiful picture of God's unconditional, non-judgmental, non-shame-based, yet non-condoning love than in the example where the religious people brought the woman caught in the act of adultery to Jesus (as seen in today's Scripture passage).

In those days the penalty for adultery was death by stoning a terrifying
situation for this woman to be in. But for the life of me I can't even begin to
imagine how a woman could be caught alone in the act of adultery! This was
because this occasion was a setup to trap Jesus—and the "accusation stones" hidden in the accusers' pockets were to throw at Jesus rather than at the adulterous woman!

"The Law of Moses says," these jealous religious
guilt-throwing- shame-based- hypocrites said to Jesus, "that this woman must be stoned to death. What do you say?" No matter what he answered, they believed they had him trapped and would find him guilty. If he said she should be stoned to death, they could accuse him of having no mercy. If he said she should not be stoned to death, they could accuse him of breaking the Law of Moses.

Jesus' answer was brilliant, "Yes," he said, "the Law of Moses says she should be stoned to death. So go head and kill her!" But before they had a chance to move a finger, Jesus added, "And let the man who has never sinned be the first one to cast a stone!"

Thud! The silence was deafening as one by one those religious bigots, like
frightened, guilt-ridden puppy dogs tucked their religious tails between their
legs and slinked away as quickly as they could.

Jesus then asked the woman, "Where are your accusers now?" To which she replied, "They've all gone, Lord" Then Jesus made a profound statement, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

Not always of course, but some people commit adultery (and/or fornication) because they are looking for love in all the wrong places. Chances are that this woman was loved and accepted by a man (Jesus) for the first time in her life—loved for whom she was and not for what she had to offer lustful men. Jesus' acceptance of her and his giving her total unconditional love would free her from a life of sin. This is why Jesus could say to her, "Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more, or go and leave your life of sin." Notice, he did not condone her sinful behavior, but neither did he condemn her. Again, it was Jesus' unconditional love that would set her free from her sinful behavior.

God is never about condemning us, making us feel guilty, or making us feel ashamed. It's people who do that to us including some religious people. God wants to forgive us and set us free from a life of sin. So we, too, need to come to Jesus and receive his unconditional, non-judgmental, and non-condoning love. It's there for "Whosoever will may come."

Prayer: "Our Loving Heavenly Father, thank you for your unconditional love for me and that you have provided a way of escape from the consequences of my sin by giving your Son, Jesus, to die in my place to pay the just penalty for my sins. Please help me to love and accept myself and others the same way that you love and accept me. Deliver me from any sinful ways and help me to live always to glorify you. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."

Have a Blessed Tuesday and God Bless you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:19 am

Psalm 34:14 (NIV). Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it....... Thoughts on This Verse... It is not enough to turn from evil. We can clean the putrid things out of our life, but if we do not actively pursue what is good then a worse evil will rush into the void. (cf. Mat. 12:43-45) Let's be a people eager to do good and with a passion to''wage peace.''

AS THE BIBLE SAYS MANY PEOPLE ARE CALLED BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN ...WE SEE SIGNS OF GOD'S WARNINGS BUT WE IGNORE THEM ...IAM GRATEFUL THAT I WAS A CHOSEN ONE OF GOD'S PEOPLE WHO IS NOT PERFECT AND AS THE SCRIPTURE SAYS IF YOU THINK YOU ARE STANDING FIRM BE CAREFUL THAT YOU DONT FALL ....I STILL FALL SHORT OF HIS WORD THAT IS WHY JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS FOR THOSE WHO WOULD ACCEPT JESUS AS THERE SAVIOR
I AM IN RECOVERY BUT THEN AGAIN I WILL BE UNTIL I SEE JESUS .
DELMAR

Ignoring The Warnings
"Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment." - Hebrews 9:27 (NIV).
I read about a Cop who stopped a woman driver for going 15 miles over the speed limit. After handing her a ticket, the driver asked him, "Don't you give out warnings?"
"Yes, ma'am," he replied. "They're all up and down the road. They say, "'Speed Limit 55.'"
I can imagine that many people who have rejected God all their life and failed to accept his forgiveness for their sins when they stand before God at the end of life's journey and are required to give an account of their life and receive God's judgment are going to want to say the same as the lady above: "Don't you give out warnings?"
I can imagine God saying, "Yes, sir/madam, my Word, the Bible, is filled with warnings from cover to cover to prepare for life after death. And every year of your life you were reminded of my offer of forgiveness and eternal life at both Christmas and Easter."
And this is what they will hear God say to them: "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness! " - Matthew 7:23 (NKJV).
Prayer: "Almighty God, thank you that you have warned me over and over to prepare to meet you face to face after I die. Please help me to make my life right with you today, to obtain your forgiveness for all my sins and be prepared for life after death. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."
The more I am in this world , The more I do not want to be apart of it because the spirit of God dwells in me ..I see so many hurting people not just in other countries but in my own neighborhood , I am from the old school so I lived long enough to see many changes ..but I also remember when life was enjoyable ..now without Jesus it wont but with him you are more then a conQUEROR. YOU HAVE FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE .
DELMAR
Thoughts for Today -Set your mind above
SET YOUR MIND ON THE ABOVE, NOT ON THINGS THAT ARE ON THE EARTH .FOR YOU HAVE DIED AND YOUR LIFE IS HIDDEN WITH CHRIST IN GOD. WHEN CHRIST ,WHO IS OUR LIFE,IS REVEALED,THEN YOU ALSO WILL BE REVEALED, WITH HIM IN GLORY
COLOSSIANS 3:2-4
BILLY GRAHAM QUOTED -A NATION IS MORE POWERFUL WHEN IT UNITES IN EARNEST PRAYER TO GOD THAN WHEN ITS RESOURCES ARE CHANNELED INTO WEAPONS ..WHO KNOWS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IF MILLIONS OF BELIEVERS AROUND THE WORLD AVAILED THEMSELVES OF THE GREATEST PRIVILEGE THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN THE PRIVILEGE OF INTERCESSORY PRAYER?
I BELIEVE WE ARE LIVING IN SOME DARK DAYS AND TO BE HONESTI AM CAREFUL WHAT I WATCH ON TV ...IT IS FULL OF DARKNESS , CRIME MOVIES AND THE WAYS OF THE WORLD
JESUS SAID SET YOUR MINDS UP ABOVE NOT ON THINGS THAT ARE DOWN HERE
IT WAS ALSO EXPRESS IN PHILIPPIANS 4:8 MENTIONS
For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]. (AMP)
I KNOW WE ARE IN THE WORLD BUT WE ARE NOT OF THIS WORLD
AS THE WORLD BECOMES DARKER LET US BE TUNE IN TO THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT
WHEN THINGS GO WRONG RUN TO GOD HE IS THE KEY TO EVERYDAY PROBLEMS AND IF THINGS DONT WORK OUT HE HAS ANOTHER BUT BETTER PLAN FOR YOUR CURCUMSTANCES .
Can we pray for justice, and yet love our enemy at the same time? The answer is yes ¦We will magnify the mercy of God by praying for our enemies to be saved and reconciled to God. At the personal level we will be willing to suffer for their everlasting good, and we will give them food and drink. We will put away malicious hatred and private vengeance. But at the public level we will also magnify the justice of God by praying and working for justice to be done on earth, if necessary through wise and measured force from God-ordained authority.
John Piper
PRAYER
DEAR LORD I PRAYER THAT WE CAN KEEP FOCUS ON WHAT IS LOVELY AND PURE TO FOCUS ON WHAT IS TRUE AND HELP US NOT TO BE IN OUR CURCUMSTANCES AND WORRY ABOUT THEM BUT HELP US KNOW YOU ARE IN FULLY IN CONTROL EVEN WHEN IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IT
THANK YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN

God Bless you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 15 Jul 2011, 3:07 pm

Moment In The Word

The Desires Of Your Heart

Greetings

TODAY'S VERSE "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms 37:4 (NIV)
TODAY'S THOUGHT What do you desire? In his book "Desire" John Eldredge shares how we often confuse our "heart's desires" with pleasures. His concern is that we have replaced deep seated needs of our soul with short term pleasures. Pleasure has become a false God, an idol. He writes, "Wal-Mart is open twenty-four hours a day now, with a dozen restaurants nearby. Next door, a multiplex theater with thirty seven screens. Or stay home - we have more than a hundred channels on the TV. Then there are computer games and the internet. We've discovered gourmet coffee, gourmet jelly beans and popcorn. We've nearly perfected our little pleasures. But they are all imposters-every one. We are so taken by the dizzying array of choices, we never have to stop and take a good look at what we are doing." He then brings up an interesting point. "Pleasure isn't nearly so much about satisfying our desires as it is about anesthetizing ourselves. Think about the relief your
pleasures provide: Is your desire truly and deeply satisfied, or does the relief come more through the temporary absence of desire?" You see, God knows the desires of your heart. He knows what you are lacking and He has promised that if you delight yourself in Him and His ways, He will give you what you really need. No worldly pleasure can do that. Today delight yourself in God.
TODAY'S PRAYER Father, only You can really satisfy the desires I have deep in my heart. Only You know me intimately and have a plan for my life. Forgive me for having my idols of pleasure. I renounce them and will delight myself in you. Thank You that You will give me the desires of my heart. AMEN
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION -God gives me the desires of my heart Today spend a few minutes in quiet reflection on your hearts desires. When have you really done that before? It is extremely important so quiet yourself and ask God to help you discern your inner thoughts. Pray, Lord what are my heart's desires? What does my soul really yearn for? As thoughts come to mind, visualize yourself knowing God in deep and intimate ways. See yourself delighting in knowing Him. Sense the deep pleasure you have in your relationship with God. Finally, picture yourself having the deep desires of your heart as you live for Him. Say out loud with conviction, "God gives me the desires of my heart."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 14 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

Moment In The Word

Grace and Power

Greetings

TODAY'S VERSE "Stephen, a man full of God's grace and power, performed amazing miracles and signs among the people." Acts 6:8 (NLT)
TODAY'S THOUGHT If given a choice, which would you rather be filled with? God's grace or God's power? At first, it seemed obvious that I would choose God's power. His mighty power is able to do more than we could ever imagine. With this power, Stephen did amazing miracles and signs among the people. Oh God, fill me with Your power! But upon second thought, what good is the power of God without His grace? His grace is what guides the power. It is His grace that forgives, sets free, that loves. It is very possible to have God's power in my life and without His grace, not use it for His glory. However, if I were really filled with God's almighty grace, I am convinced His power would follow. Grace is the power of God to change lives. Grace is the power of love. Grace is the vessel that God's power chooses to flow through. So today let us pray that God would fill us with His grace so that His power will work through us in amazing miracles and signs.
TODAY'S PRAYER Oh Jesus, fill me with Your grace. Not a small part of me, all of me. Help me be completely led by Your grace. Because of Your grace I pray that Your power would flow through me to those in need. Lord, You did it in the early church. Bring revival again today. Rain down your grace and power I pray. Begin it in me. AMEN
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION -I desire God's grace and power to be manifested in my life Visualize yourself in the loving presence of God. As you sit there you can sense His kindness. Next you feel his acceptance. This is followed by His empathy and complete understanding of who you are. His forgiveness and deep love for you begin to invade your awareness and you sense yourself beginning to really understand God's grace. As you begin to get a grasp on what grace is, you find yourself wanting more. "More grace God", you cry out. God hears and He pours His grace into you grace and soon you are full. You feel satiated and are overwhelmed with a sense of purpose and meaning. You must give His grace away. As you do you begin to feel God's power, you are amazed at the way God begins to reach out to others through you. His grace and power are alive in your life and mighty miracles are happening. You cry out to God, "More God, fill me more with your grace
and power.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:05 pm

Hebrews 13:6 (NIV). So we say with confidence,' 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?''...... Thoughts on This Verse... How can we be confident in what happens today? What is our assurance for tomorrow? Where do we muster excitement about eternity? The Lord is our helper! Fear will not be our master because our future, our destiny, our eternity rest in the hands of the eternal Lord. The worst that man can do is to send me home to my Lord.
SOMETIMES I GET SIDETRACTED ALOT BECAUSE WE STILL LIVE IN THIS WORLD \
I THANK GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT GUILDS US AND GIVES US GRACE
Â
DELMAR
The Plan - Wednesdays - July 13th 2011

"My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I
am not of it. - John 17:15-16.(NIV)
I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. - 1 Corinthians 15:50 (NIV)
The Christian life is one that is a conflict between the kingdom and
the flesh. I find myself continually being distracted, sidetracked,
by the world, because I am acquisitive, a hoarder by inclination and
upbringing. It is a hard thing to be in the world but not of it. Who
wants to be a millionaire? I do, at times, until I remember that I
cannot take it with me!
My natural persona has been too worldly: blunt, brash, dangerous,
outspoken, unguarded, un-deferential, un-crushable (if only). As the
world and its menu of self-centredness squeeze my spirit, I cry out
to my God to deliver me, when I perceive my plight. As I seek the
will of the kingdom for me and for others, my spirit reaches out and
soars heavenwards to touch my creator. I am two people in one. I
rejoice in one, and the other fills me with dismay. This is the price
of being open, vulnerable, weak, and yet not overcome.
I take encouragement from the accounts of Peter, Jacob, and Joseph, because I can see my faith in their struggles. For example, when Peter was sinking beneath the waves, "immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. 'You of little faith,' he said, 'why did you doubt?'" (Matthew 14:31 NIV)
Some people burn bright and disappear to their reward; some burn out and give in. For those who follow, great moments of clarity can hang in the air, etched into our being, lasting a lifetime or more.
I believe that as we faithfully hold out our hands, Jesus will
receive them, always. He has a perfect plan for each of us!
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:31 (NIV).
Prayer: Our Loving Lord, thank You that you hear us, and that you are here with us, ready to greet us once more at the beginning of the day. Thank you that you watch over us and protect us whilst we are vulnerable or incapable. Thank you that no one slips through your omniscience. Thank you that you do not pass by on the other side. Grant us, once more, your grace to lift us up today and lead us on. Let us not be distracted by the waves of life today. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."
Have a Blessed Wednesday and God Bless you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

I KNOW I MADE MANY MISTAKES IN MY CHRISTIAN WALK BUT I DO KNOW I MADE SOME GOOD CHOICES BUT IN THE BAD CHOICES I WAS SO INTO MYSELF ..I REMEMBER READING THIS SCRIPTURE FOR WE MUST ALL APPEAR BEFORE THE JUDEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST , THAT EACH ONE MAY RECEIVE WHAT IS DUE HIM FOR THE THINGS DONE WHILE IN THE BODY, WHEATHER GOOD OR BAD ....IF YOUR A CHRISTIAN JESUS ALREADY FORGAVE YOUR SINS BUT THIS IS TO DO WITH REWARDS IN HELPING OTHERS AND THE THINGS WE DID NOT DO ....MISS OPPORTUNITIES. ..AND SO ON .....I TRY NOW TO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS BUT THERE IS TIMES I MADE THE WRONG ONES , THERE IS TIME I DO THINGS WRONG IN ACTIONS DEEDS OR MY WORDS BUT GOD KNOWS OUR HEART AND HE IS GREATER THEN OUR HEARTS AND LOVE US WITH A EVERLASTING LOVE .
DELMAR
Two Great Abilities - Tuesdays - July 12th 2011
Tuesdays - July 12th 2011
Two Great Abilities

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." - 2 Corinthians 5:10 (NIV).
Two of life's greatest abilities are dependability and responsibility. Dependability is learning to keep one's word. It's being there when we say we are going to be there. It's doing what we say we are going to do. It's keeping the commitments we make.
Dependability is also saying what we truly feel and want. Sometimes, instead of saying what we feel and want, we say what we think others want to hear to be "nice" and then do the opposite, which is far from being nice. It's being dishonest. A person who is not honest about what he wants and what he feels cannot be depended on. This is not saying that he always does what he wants, but if he is dishonest about this, you don't know when you can or can't trust his word.
Responsibility is closely related to dependability. It is realizing
that I am totally responsible for what I say, for what I want, for
what I feel, for what I do or don't do, for getting my needs met in
healthy ways, and for every area of my life.
Unless I have brain damage or am severely handicapped, no matter what happened to me in the past, I am responsible for what I do about it and for what I become. As another has wisely said, "I may have been a victim in the past, but if I remain a victim, I am now a willing volunteer. "
As long as I fail to accept personal responsibility for my life and
blame anybody else for the difficulties I have, I will never overcome
them. And I will B-LAME!
No matter what situation I am in, I am always contributing something to it. My responsibility is to see what that is and to correct it.
True, God loves us as we are but he loves us too much to leave us as
we are. It is my responsibility, therefore, with God's help, to
become the person he wants me to be.
Among other things, if I am responsible I will be dependable!
Prayer: "Our Loving Father in Heaven, please help me to be honest
with myself, with you, and with others and always say what I truly
want and feel in a loving manner, and always be dependable and
responsible. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer.
Gratefully, In Jesus loving Name I Pray, Amen."
Moment In The Word
Love Others
Greetings
TODAY'S VERSE '"The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."' Romans 13:9-10 (NIV)
TODAY'S THOUGHT We can make following God pretty complicated. It is natural for us to create rules, regulations and standards of behavior so we can measure our progress toward Spirituality. God gave us the ten commandments in order to guide the conduct of mankind, but it did not take man long to add hundreds of rules and regulations to them. Today, we have our own. Look a certain way. Listen to certain kinds of music. Exhibit certain acceptable behavior. While there is right and wrong and God does expect us to live holy and righteous, there is a better way, one that covers all the bases. It is love. Jesus came to share the message with the whole world. In Matthew 22:37- 39, when asked, "What is the greatest commandment in the law?" Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself." Paul explains in
Roman that the commandments are written to guide our behavior and it can be summed up very simply. "Love your neighbor as yourself." Do you want to know what God wants you to do today? He wants you to love others. Do you desire to know right from wrong? Love others. Do you know what God's will is for your life? Love those he brings you in contact with. Today, if tempted with choices between good and bad or right and wrong; choose love. Love never fails.
TODAY'S PRAYER Dear Father, You are love! Empower me with Your Holy Spirit. Give me the courage, strength, patience and discipline to love the way You do. Help me love others like I do myself. AMEN
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION -I will love others Today focus on loving others. Feel the joy deep in your heart as you are sacrificial and give yourself to others. Sense the peace and satisfaction that others are feeling as you help them. See their smiles as you look them in the eyes with loving empathy. Experience the joy that comes as you realize how good you feel in knowing that your love has made a difference. Today make a commitment and say, "I will love others."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

I AM SO THANKFUL THAT GOD FORGIVES US OUR SINS
BUT WE DO HAVE TO DAILY CONFESS OUR SINS AND HE WILL FORGIVES US OUR SINS AND CLEANSE US FOR ALL SIN.
DELMAR
Thursday's Pardoning - 7th July 2011
Pardoned
"But God demonstrates his love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
- Paul in Romans 5:8.
The story is told about a young man who received a ticket for a speeding violation. As he stood before the judge, the judge found himself in a dilemma because he knew the young man didn't have any money to pay the fine and he didn't want to send him to jail.
However, the judge had to fine the young man $150, which was the accepted amount for this traffic violation. Immediate ly the judge handed down the sentence, he stepped away from the bench, took off his robes, went to the defendant and paid the fine for him.
The young man was his own son whom he loved.
That's what God's Son, Jesus Christ, did for us on the cross of Calvary. God's justice required death as the automatic judgment upon our sin. However, because he loved us, the Son of God laid
aside his "judge's robes," stepped out of the "ivory palaces" of heaven, came to earth and identified with us as a man, and died on the cross in our place to save us from our sins.
Because of this, God offers each of us a free pardon with forgiveness for all our sins and gives us his gift of eternal life. Jesus, the Son of God, paid the "fine/penalty" for us with his life. All we need to do is confess our sinfulness and accept his gift of salvation ”the greatest gift known to man.
"He paid a debt he didn't owe to free us from a price we couldn't pay."
Prayer: "Our Loving Father in Heaven, thank you for your great love gift for me in giving your Son, Jesus, to die in my place to pay the just penalty for all my sins. May I never take your love for granted but learn to love you with all my heart, soul, mind and
strength and my neighbor as myself. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."
2 Peter 3:18 (NIV). But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen....... Thoughts on This Verse... Where do you need to grow in your walk with the Lord? How about keeping the tandem targets of grace and knowledge together as your goal. So often we pursue one or the other. But something seems to come unhinged in our soul when either of those becomes more important than the other. Let's keep grace and knowledge together because we see them together in our Savior.

God Bless you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:14 pm

Moment In The Word
Know God, Love Others
Greetings
TODAY'S VERSE "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." I John 4:8 (NIV)
TODAY'S THOUGHT There are a lot of ways we can try to show that we are a Christian. We can go to church. We can attend religious programs. We can pray before meals. We can follow certain rituals. While these may be important, the real evidence that God is alive in our heart is our love for other people. Over and over again, the Bible teaches that God is not interested in our outward appearances, our sacrifices or our religious ceremonies. He is interested in our loving behavior. Are we forgiving, just, loving, kind and benevolent toward our families and those around us? If not, then we need to take time and get to know God better. Knowing God is transformational knowledge. John said that if we don't love, we don't know God. In the book of James we read, "Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?" If
the love of God is in our heart, then it will compel us to love. Paul shares this kind of love in I Corinthians 13. He writes, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." We say we know God but does our behavior back us up? If not perhaps we only know "about" God. Today, spend time with Him and let knowing Him translate into loving others.
TODAY'S PRAYER Father, I confess that my actions don't always confirm my belief in You. You are love and yet there have been many times that I have not been loving toward others. Forgive me. Help me today to know you better so I will be filled with Your love and go out and love others. In Jesus name. AMEN
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION -Knowing God helps me love others Today, mediate on a time when you felt loved. Let it flood your heart. Sense how good it felt. Now picture God coming to you and loving you in the same way. Feel His loving presence fill you with peace and joy, so much that you feel like you must love someone else in the same way. Visualize yourself giving this same love to others. Watch them respond with the same peace and joy you did. Watch as one by one you love others in the same way God loves you.

I REALLY THINK GOD IS SO GOOD ,WITHOUT HIM THERE IS NO HOPE
AND I HAD LIVED IN MANY SITUATIONS WHERE IT FELT HOPELESS AND GOD ALWAYS CAME THOUGH FOR ME ..IT MAY NOT BE WHAT I HAVE PLAN BUT BUT SOMETIMES IT WAS BETTER THEN I PLAN ...I THINK WE THE BATTLE IS IN THE MIND AND IF WE BELIEVE WHAT OUR MIND TELLS US WE WILL BE IN TROUBLE
BUT IF WE BELIEVE BY FAITH IN HIS WORD WE WILL WIN BATTLES .

DELMAR

Moment In The Word
Remember His Power
Greetings
TODAY'S VERSE "They forgot what he had done, the wonders he had shown them.-- They did not remember his power." Psalms 78:42
TODAY'S THOUGHT What is worry other than forgetting the power and promise of God? The legacy that the Jews, who fled from Egypt, left for their children is that they forgot about the power of God. All the miracles, all the provisions and yet they were guilty of murmuring, complaining and idolatry. They lived as if God did not exist. Jesus came many centuries later and still found the same lack of faith. He was born amongst a people who did not know the all powerful God. So He showed them. He taught them not to worry about their needs because God would provide for them. He taught them to seek Him first and everything they needed would follow. Jesus lived among them for three and a half years. They saw the miracles, they heard His teachings, they experienced His power and yet many of them still not believe. They saw the miracles but like the Jews in the wilderness, "They forgot what he had done, the wonders he had shown them. They did not remember his
power." What about you? When situations come today that force you to take pause, will you fear or have faith? Will you remember all that He has done or will you worry in unbelief? Today remember that the God of all power and provision is the same yesterday, today and will be tomorrow.

TODAY'S PRAYER Dear Father, I thank You that You are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I thank You that Your power continues today as it has in the past. I know that You are able to provide, protect and keep me from falling so I give my life to You. In Jesus' name. AMEN

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION -I will remember God's power Mediate on God's power. Think of creation. Picture God brining the world into being. Think of Moses at the Red Sea. See yourself there with him, see the water part and feel the hard dry ground as you cross to the other side. See Jesus after He has risen. Picture yourself in the crowd as He rises up to Heaven. Think of a miracle that you know has happened in your life time. Remember an answer to prayer. As you think of these things, sense their reality. Let the weight of God's power sink deep into your consciousness. As you mediate say,
"I will remember God's power.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:11 pm

Psalm 84:11 (NIV). For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless... .... Thoughts on This Verse... God doesn't hold back on his goodness! In fact, the Father loves to give his children gifts. These gifts are all encompassing. These gifts are gladly given. How do I know? Three ways: 1) I've been repeatedly blessed; 2) I've seen what God has done to bless his people through the centuries; and 3) his Word promises this to be so.
ITS GOOD TO BE IN THE LORD'S PRESENCE ..I AM ALWAYS AWARE OF HIM BEING WITH ME ALL THE TIME ..I TALK TO GOD IN MY CAR , IN MY MOMENTS OF PROBLEMS , AND EVEN WHEN I TAKE A HOT BATH ...WHEN I GET UP IN THE MORNING I SPEND TIME WITH MY LORD AND THANK HIM FOR ANOTHER DAY .
I KNOW THE FEELING OF REJECTION AND SURELY I WANT TO GIVE GOD MY ATTENTION .

DELMAR

Moment In The Word

Conscious Of God's Presence

Greetings

TODAY'S VERSE "And so I walk in the LORD's presence as I live here on earth!" Psalms 116:9 (NLT)
TODAY'S THOUGHT I can only think of one thing greater than living in God's presence. That is being "aware" that I am living in His presence! Have you ever been with someone and they acted as if you were not even there? You were with them but they were not with you. How often do we go through the day as if God did not even exist? Full of self sufficiency, we make our plans and schedules and live out our days without any conscious need for His presence. Oh, the occasional prayer, perhaps a devotional reading and even Christian music on the radio, but really walking in His presence? How often, when we pray we say, "Lord we come into your presence" as if His presence was somewhere outside of our realm of daily existence? Now, perhaps what we really meant was, "Lord I am making a deliberate choice to focus on your presence." But how much better yet, if we just stay focused on God and simply converse with Him? Walking in His presence means He is with us and we
know it. It means we respond to Him all the time. Today, stop and realize He is with you right now. You are in His presence and He desires to have a relationship with you throughout the day.
TODAY'S PRAYER Dear Father, help me to realize that I am always in Your presence. Help me, through the power of the Holy Spirit commune with You and fellowship with you throughout this day. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION -I am conscious of God's presence in my life Quiet your heart and meditate on a peaceful place. Perhaps it is somewhere you have been, something you have seen or imagine. It is a peaceful place and you are in it. As you observe yourself in this peaceful place, ask God to reveal Himself to you. Sense God's presence. Now visualize yourself going throughout your day, conscious of God being with you. See him there with you and you are relating to Him. Sense yourself being more and more conscious of His real and abiding presence as you picture yourself living throughout the day. Finish by affirming, "I am conscious of God's presence in my life
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

I WILL HAVE TO SAY I WANTED TO BE COMMITTED TO GOD BUT I ALWAYS RAN AWAY FROM HIM. I WAS AFRAID OF ME AND WHO I WAS AND ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT FOR SOME REASON GOD'S WORD WAS FOR SOMEONE ELESE NOT ME BECAUSE I COULD NOT GET RID OF STUFF IN MY LIFE . I HAD A HEART FOR GOD AND TO BE HONEST I WAS NOT FAR AWAY , I KNEW WHERE TO GO IF I NEEDED COMFORT . BUT TRULY I WAS NOT COMMITTED BECAUSE OF MY ACCEPTANCE OF OTHERS AND MY OWN GARBAGE I CARRED ..THANK GOD NOW IAM COMMITTED AND NOW HAVE A TRUE COMMITMENT WITH HIM ...SOMETIMES THE DEVIL WILL WHISPER YOUR NOT BECAUSE I STILL SIN AND MAKE MISTAKES BECAUSE IAM HUMAN ....BUT I KNOW THE WORD BETTER AND I KNOW WHAT THE WORD SAYS ABOUT ME IS TRUE NOW THERE IS A DIFFRENCE AND THAT IS CALLED PROCESS ....GOD IS FAITHFUL EVEN WHEN WE ARE FAITHLESS

DELMAR

Wednesday's Dose - June 8th 2011

Commitment

"Commit thy ways unto the Lord; trust also in him; he shall bring it to pass. - Psalm 37:5. (KJV).

Exhortations to "commit" or "to be committed" appear frequently throughou t the scriptures. But what do the words really mean? Too often, their meanings are casually interpreted as kinds of half-serious resolutions like people tend to make at New Year's, or something that they will undertake and carry out if they are able to, and if it's not too much trouble. But to "commit" or "to be committed" are by definition not negotiable actions. Funk & Wagnalls Standard College Dictionary defines the act of commitment as devoting oneself unreservedly to something. In practice, therefore, once a commitment is made, there can be no turning back.

I think that a good, everyday illustration of "commitment" is in that of an airplane taking off and landing. When an airplane is taking off, it must pick up enough taxiing speed to enable it to take to the air before it reaches the end of the runway. Once it has attained that required ground speed, it is effectively committed to taking off. There is no choice. The end of the runway is directly in front of it. Similarly, when a plane is landing, it must reduce its air speed and power to the point where it can set down on the tarmac and get stopped before it reaches the end of the runway. When the air speed and power are reduced to the critical point where they could not be regained in time for the plane to go back up, the plane is
committed to land. Again, it has no choice. There can be no turning back.

This is how we as Christians must view our Christian lives and our relationship with God. Our commitment to God must be something that we wholeheartedly and unreservedly pursue with our very being.

Either we are fully committed, or we are not committed at all. By definition, there is no such thing as being "somewhat" committed. The beautiful thing about it all, however, is that, with respect to our relationship to God, we don't want to be anything less than committed! This is because it is only in fully and completely committin g ourselves to Him that we can find true peace and joy in our Christian lives.

Prayer: Our Loving Heavenly Father,Help us, Lord, truly to commit our lives to you and to the furtherance of your kingdom, with all of our hearts, and all of our souls, and all of our minds. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."
---
Sometimes it seems like God is so far away but the truth is we left him as a nation I believe we need to be on our knees praying and asking him for help he is so near
as the scripture says if we draw near to God he will draw near to us and God's ways our not our ways nor his thoughts our thoughts so let us draw closer to him and if we sin confess your sins and he will forgive .
Delmar

Wednesdays - June 15th 2011

Where Is God?

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD ... From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind ... [and] considers everything they do. No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength...But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine." - Psalm 33:12-19 (NIV).Â

I recall having read in a college newspaper about a student who painted in big white letters right across the side of a garbage truck, "Where is God?" Perhaps he was thinking at some level, why does God allow garbage to happen?

It's an age-old question, as old as Job and as fresh as today: "Where is God when tragedy strikes ... when a loved one dies and the heart is torn with grief ... when innocent children are kidnapped, sexually abused, and murdered? And where was he on September 11, 2001? And again, when terrorist bombs blasted in many areas? Or when a sniper in the Washington, D.C. area was shooting and killing innocent people at random?"

I don't want to sound callous by any means but we are asking the wrong question because God is where he always was and always is. The Apostle Paul said it best, in that God "is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.'" See Acts 17:24, 26-28.

So the question needs to be, "Where is man?"

Our problem lies in the fact that we as nations have left God—or are fast leaving him. As God's Word, the Bible, says, "Blessed is that nation whose God is the Lord." - Psalm 33:12. And what of those nations whose God is not the Lord? Perhaps history can best answer that question.

But the great tragedy is, as Friedrich Hegel said, "The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history."

Prayer: "Almighty God, please open our eyes and help us to see that when we leave you, forsake your Word and throw out your commandments, we open the door to evil. Grant that we will see in today's senseless acts of terror a wakeup call to turn back to you. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen
---

I KNOW WE ALL BEEN THERE AND ITS SO EASY TO BE JUGEMENTAL ..BUT JESUS CALLED US TO BE HUMBLE AND LOVE OTHERS ..HE SAID AFTER THE 10 COMMANDMENTS I GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMMANDMENT -LOVE ONEANOTHER AS I LOVE YOU,SO YOU MUST LOVE ONEANOTHER, JOHN 13:34..IF I SEE A HOMELESS MAN OR SOMEONE DIFFRENT HE CALLED US TO LOVE THEM
IT TOOK ME AWHILE TO GET THERE AND IAM STILL IN THE PROCESS IN TRYING TO LOVE ,SOMETIMES AFTER WE ARE HURT SO MUCH THROUGH ABUSE OR SOMEONE TREATING US BAD WE DO WANT BUILT WALLS ..I HAD TO FINALLY BREAK THOSE WALLS DOWN AND LET GOD WORK IN MY LIFE .
I WILL SAY IAM MORE A POSITIVE PERSON AND GROWING TO ACCEPT PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE UNTIL GOD WORKS IN THERE LIFE BECAUSE WE ARE ALL IN A DIFFRENT LEVELS IN OUR CHRISTIAN WALK .IF YOU ACCEPTED JESUS ,.JESUS EVEN SAID LOVE YOUR ENEMIES .ITS THE HOLY SPIRIT JOB TO TEACH US THAT ...I FIND THE MORE I LOVE PEOPLE THE MORE I DO NOT HAVE RESENTMENTS AND HURTS I JUST LET IT GO AND GIVE IT TO THE LORD .
DELMAR

Sunday's Dose June 12th 2011 -
The Inner Eye

"The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: "God, I thank you that I am not like other men -- robbers, evildoers, adulterers -- or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get." - Luke 18:11-12 (NIV).

As Christians in today's society, we must develop a strong

sensitivity to the creed of a Pharisee. Do we exhibit those traits in our lifestyle? Most of us, at some time or other, have viewed the world around us from the perspective that what is wrong is usually someone else's fault.

The very act of shifting responsibility to others gives us a subjective means of affirming ourselves as better than others. It is difficult to avoid taking comfort in finding someone who is "worse" than we are. How often have we followed the reasoning that we seek mercy for ourselves and justice for others?

Our eyes are trained to look outward, but they do not look inward. In the practice of looking outward we can easily develop the habit of seeing what is wrong. We always seem to find something to focus on. Because we are sinners, our inner eyes are weak and rarely exercised. It is our outlook that dominates our thinking. Jesus' words in Mark 7:9 point out that we, like the Pharisees, can develop "a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe our own traditions" (ways). We tend to interpret, reinterpret, or reduce the Bible's wisdom to a list of do's and don'ts, that some can do and others don't care about.

Each of us must become humble enough to ask God to teach us to look into our own hearts. It is not something that comes naturally. Inner sight requires the exercise of the daily spiritual discipline of

confession, humility, and prayer. Unless we seek guidance and

direction from God regularly and faithfully, we will be our own blind guides.

Prayer: Our Loving heavenly Father, we pray that you will guide and direct us toward developing the spiritual discipline to look inward and to find the faults that lie within. We pray that you will

strengthen our inner eye so that we may walk in harmony with your will. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."
-----
I HAD MANY THINGS IN MY LIFE THAT DISPLEASES THE LORD IN MY PASSED BUT IT WASNT UNTIL I WENT TO CELEBRATE RECOVERY THAT I FOUND THE ROOT ISSUES OF MY PROBLEMS AND THROUGH CR I BECAME A LEADER , SO NOW I CAN HELP OTHERS OVERCOME STUFF IN THERE LIFE .
I WAS A WORKING PROCESS IN MY PASSED WITH ISSUES I WAS NOT PROUD OF AND THINGS I DID NOT LIKE THAT WAS DISPLEASING THE LORD AND NOW I CAN SAY GOD HAS HELP ME IN MY RECOVERY AND IAM STILL IN PROCESS UNTIL I SEE JESUS AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE IAM NO WHERE LIKE I WAS AND BEING IN GROUPS AND AROUND OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE SAME ISSUES REALLY DOES BRING HEALING AND FREEDOM IN PEOPLES LIVES . ALL I CAN SAY WE REALLY DO NEED EACH OTHER . NO WONDER THAT THE SCRIPTURE SAYS PRAY FOR EACH SO THAT YOU MAY BE HEALED .

DELMAR

Tuesdays June 14th 2011

Lord Kill the Spider!!

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of
the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:1-2 (NKJV).

Last Sunday our pastor told an interesting story and, had it not been serious, it would have been funny. He told about a fellow in a support group who for months on end kept praying about a personal problem but never did anything about it. Week after week he would pray with seemingly great conviction, "Oh God, clean the cobwebs out of my life...clean the cobwebs out of my life!"

Finally, in utter frustration the leader of the group broke into the man's prayer and prayed rather boisterously, "Oh God, KILL THE _ _ _ _ _ _ _ SPIDER!"

I can identify with this leader in that I, too, know of people who have been confessing the same sin and/or problem for years, asking God for deliverance but never doing anything about it. True, God feeds the sparrows but as the old saying goes, he doesn't throw the food into their nests.

If we are struggling with a besetting sin or bad habit, what can we do about it? Certainly pray and ask God for deliverance but also pray that he will show us the root cause of our problem because, more often than not, our repetitive failures are the fruit of a deeper root. God not only wants to deliver us from habitual sins but also free us from the deeper root cause. Also, we need to ask God to lead us to the help we need to overcome whether it be an AA Group, some other kind of recovery group, a counselor, a pastor or whatever help we need.

And then we need to do something about finding that help. As we do our part, God will do his, but he won't do for us what we can and are able to do for ourselves. For us to do less is an avoidance of personal responsibility.

Prayer: "Our Loving Heavenly Father, thank you that you have already done for me what I couldn't do for myself in that you gave your Son, Jesus, to die for and free me from a life of sin and failure. Please help me to see the root cause of my besetting sin or problem [name it] and help me to find the help I need to overcome. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."
-----
Moment In The Word

He Leads The Way

Greetings

TODAY'S VERSE "Your road led through the sea, your pathway through the mighty waters- a pathway no one knew was there! You led your people along that road like a flock of sheep, with Moses and Aaron as their shepherds." Psalms 77:19-20 (NLT)
TODAY'S THOUGHT Life's pathways are not always smooth. There are many times when the terrain is rough at best. What do we do then? Thank God He is the one who promised to get us through to the other side. In today's passage we see that God was able to lead the Israelites through what seemed to be an impossible pathway. The Jews had left Egypt and were heading to the promised land when they ran smack into the Red Sea. I am sure that many of the people wondered what kind of path God had led them on. But the scriptures are clear; God had led them on a road that went through the Red Sea, a path that ran through the mighty waters. It was a road no one but God knew was there. He offers the same to us. He is the great shepherd. He is the one who can make our crooked paths straight. He is the one who turned the Red Sea into dry ground. So, what terrain are you on? What is your path like? Is it steep, full of sharp rocks, high cliffs and loose footing? Does it
take you through dark forests and thorny underbrush? There was a song we sung as little children that you can take comfort in. It said, "My God knows the way through the wilderness. All I have to do is follow." Today, choose to trust God. Follow Him. He has a path you know nothing about. He is the Great Shepherd, He will get you home.
TODAY'S PRAYER Father, You know the journey I am on. You know the path I am following. Please guide me, Lord. Help me know which way to go. You are the Great Shepherd, be my shepherd today I pray. AMEN
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION -God will guide my path It is easy to get overwhelmed with the twists and turns of life so today visualize yourself on a dark, winding road. You are not sure which way to go, but then a light appears and you sense it is God. Take a deep breath, relax and let God guide you on the path. Feel your worry dissipate as put your trust in Him. Feel the relaxation go deep into you being. God is here, He is in control, He will guide your path. Feel the joy and comfort of the Lord fill your heart as you put your trust in Him.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm

Philippians 2:7-8 (NIV). ...but [Jesus] made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!...... Thoughts on This Verse... Christianity is not for wimps or the faint of heart. Our example is described by words like''made himself of no reputation'' ...''servant' ' ...''humbled himself'' ...''became obedient'' ...''death on a cross!'' That's tough stuff. And that is our example. The story of the Jesus may begin with a sweet child, but it also begins with him being placed where animals ate their food. While it may be powerful and precious, it is not saccharine and fake sentiment. It is about the price paid to redeem and the people who are different because they know their Redeemer.
1 Corinthians 2:9 (NIV). However, as it is written:''No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.''...... Thoughts on This Verse... Kids look forward to Christmas, Disneyland, and summer vacation. They imagine how great those things could be. Christians look forward to heaven and dream of seeing the Lord face to face, of being reunited with those we love who have gone home to the Lord before us, and of sharing in the glory of Jesus and his angels. But we can't even begin to imagine the great things that God has prepared for us. They are far more glorious than anything we can dream or imagine. So let's anticipate being surprised and live with passion for the cause of the Kingdom knowing that any loss, any wound, any trouble, will''not be worth comparing to the glory to be revealed in us'' (Rom. 8:18).

I BELIEVE TO HAVE A GOOD CLEAR MIND IS TO OBEY , YES WE WILL FALL SHORT BUT GOD PROMISES TO HELP US THOUGH ARE JOURNEY WITH THE HELP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
DELMAR
Â
Â
Saturday's 18th June 2011
All We Desire Is Not Of God
"Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only
because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.
- Romans 13:5, (NIV).Â
One day when I was very young, I ventured off by myself to the dime store. I looked over all the things that took my eye, and with no money to buy, I looked at an eraser that I wanted to have. No one was looking, and I reached out, took the eraser, and put it into my pocket.
Off I went to school. There I took out the eraser and placed it on my
desk. I thought about using it, but something inside me said "No." I
struggled all afternoon until school was over. Back I went to the
dime store, eraser in my hot, clammy, little hand. I reached the
place where I had taken it, looked around, and, when I thought no one was looking, I put it back.
Yes, I got away with it, but my conscience bothered me to no end.
Because I had stolen it, putting it back didn't make it any better.
The original sin was still there.
What possessed me to do such a thing? I knew better, and I knew that, if I were caught, I would have been punished. Still I did it, and, to this very day, I have never forgotten. Growing with God, and maturing in Him, I discovered that all we desire is not of God, but some of our desires result from the temptation of evil.
We can thank God for giving us a conscience, a set of rules by which to live, and, by His grace, forgiveness for what we have done.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9.
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.Â
It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. - Titus 2:11-12 (NIV).
Prayer: Our Loving Heavenly Father, we come to You asking forgiveness for our sin, through Christ. Teach us to live a more righteous life. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Jun 2011, 2:48 pm

Moment In The Word
Truth
Greetings
TODAY'S VERSE "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist." Ephesians 6:10-14 (NIV)
TODAY'S THOUGHT It is interesting that when God chose to warn us about Spiritual Warfare and described the armor of God, the first piece He told us of was the "belt of truth." Truth is crucial to having spiritual victory. Jesus said, ""If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." But today, if we are not careful, we will lose the ability to know the truth. More and more information is being dumped on us all the time. It is impossible to keep up with all the new information. With the increase in media and the ability to make celebrities, we find ourselves choosing truth because of the way it is presented or who is presenting it. It is like choosing a sports team or favorite musician. We have become spectators of the truth. We choose truth without a real allegiance. In fact, many times we decide what we want to believe and then build a case to prove it. We have lost the reverence
for truth. Worse, it is a "I can believe two opposites are true at the same time." So when I am in church, I will sing like I truly believe (And I may truly believe) but on Monday I live at work as if God never existed at all. I deny Christ as any authority in my life. Today we must recommit ourselves to truth. We must dig into the word of God, ask God to speak to us and hold on to the truth as if our lives depended on it. Let us put on the armor of God and stand firm with the belt of truth buckled around our waist.
TODAY'S PRAYER Father, I know I am in a spiritual battle and need to know, believe and live the truth. Help guide me be strong in Your mighty power as I pray, meditate and follow Your lead. AMEN
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION - Truth sets me free Picture a time when you have been tempted to believe and live a lie. Sense the denial, the deceit and the guilt of living that way. As you feel the weight of that moment, picture Jesus coming to you offering you the truth. Feel hope entering your body, sense the relief as you realize that the truth is going to set you free from the bondage you were in. See yourself accept the truth from Jesus and as you do sense the love in which He gives it to you and embrace the moment. Take a deep breath and feel truth go deep into your soul. Affirm in your heart, "God's truth sets me free!"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

Verses for Today from GOOD NEWS
Romans 8:16-17 (NIV). The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs -- heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory....... Thoughts on This Verse... Your Brother died and left you the family inheritance! That's the message here. Because we have God's Spirit, we are God's children. If we are God's children, then we are heirs of all that God has to offer us. We are co-heirs with Christ, whose death made our adoption into God's family possible. So if we have to put up with some hard times or some painful difficulties, we will not despair. We know the time is coming when we will inherit all the blessings of heaven!

Psalm 31:1 (NIV). In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. ...... Thoughts on This Verse... When all the clutter is stripped away, what is your real hope? When you push aside the diplomas, awards, accolades, and honors, what is the basis of your significance? Only One endures forever! Only God guarantees that our life is significant. Only our Savior can provide for us a place where our valuables won't decay and aren't stolen and won't rot. So let's not place our treasures or our hopes in anyone but the LORD.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 3:26 pm

Christ Our Strength
And when his disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread. Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?..How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.Matthew 16:5-8,11,12.
The Pharisees and Sadducees were very religious people, the problem is they had very different views on how they were to worship God. As Christians we all try to follow God's command to love one another as their brother, while we are to be cordial to all we have to be careful of who we fellowship with, even other Christians. The devil has no problem with us believing in God or even accepting Christ, but if he can get a faithful Christian to stop or delay the work that God has called them to do He will use anyone, and I mean anyone to deter them.
Nehemiah and his minority group were determined to get the walls built around Jerusalem, but every where they turned they faced opposition not only from the worldly people, but even some of the Jews. However, they pressed forward reminding themselves that God was with them every step of the way.
So built we the wall; and all the wall was joined together unto the half thereof: for the people had a mind to work. But it came to pass, that when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and the Arabians, and the Ammonites, and the Ashdodites, heard that the walls of Jerusalem were made up, and that the breaches began to be stopped, then they were very wroth, And conspired all of them together to come and to fight against Jerusalem, and to hinder it. Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God, and set a watch against them day and night, because of them. - Nehemiah 4:6-9.
Nehemiah appointed men to stand guard while others did the work. Working about 12 hours a day left little time for anything else, but the Jews faith in God gave them the strength to keep going no matter what opposition they faced. Christ is our strength, He and He alone is the only one who can truly help us through some of the circumstances we face. Satan loves tom place doubt and fear in our lives, but Jesus gives us assurance and godly fear to overcome any situation. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me... But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:13,19. Praise God!
First the worldly people tried to get Nehemiah and his crew to stop and now here come the halfhearted Jews. It seems that the Jews were getting some type of loans and upon receiving them could not pay them back so, they were losing their possessions. These Jews went to Nehemiah for help, further delaying their work.
And there was a great cry of the people and of their wives against their brethren the Jews. For there were that said, We, our sons, and our daughters, are many: therefore we take up corn for them, that we may eat, and live. Some also there were that said, We have mortgaged our lands, vineyards, and houses, that we might buy corn, because of the dearth. There were also that said, We have borrowed money for the king's tribute, and that upon our lands and vineyards. Yet now our flesh is as the flesh of our brethren, our children as their children: and, lo, we bring into bondage our sons and our daughters to be servants, and some of our daughters are brought unto bondage already: neither is it in our power to redeem them; for other men have our lands and vineyards. And I was very angry when I heard their cry and these words... Also I said, It is not good that ye do: ought ye not to walk in the fear of our God because of the reproach of the heathen our enemies? - Nehemiah 5:1-6,9.
Nehemiah's response, You should be living in godly fear. In other words, trust God and He will take care of you. Sometimes it seems that the more determination you have the harder it is to accomplish what we are trying to achieve. The truth is, it is harder, but through it all God is looking for a few things, faith, willingness, and trusting in Him alone, often He allows delays for one reason and one reason only, to get us to live in godly fear. Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me...Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. - Hebrews 13:5,6,21.
Just when you think you have gotten enough opposition here comes the devil with his false godly people trying to reek havoc as well. Sanballat must have thought if he could not deter Nehemiah with his own thinking that he could deter him with some prophets thinking, he sent messengers to try and get Nehemiah to meet them.
That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief... Wherein was written, It is reported among the heathen, and Gashmu saith it, that thou and the Jews think to rebel: for which cause thou buildest the wall, that thou mayest be their king, according to these words. And thou hast also appointed prophets to preach of thee at Jerusalem, saying, There is a king in Judah: and now shall it be reported to the king according to these words. Come now therefore, and let us take counsel together. Then I sent unto him, saying, There are no such things done as thou sayest, but thou feignest them out of thine own heart. For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done. Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands. - Nehemiah 6:2-8.
The best thing we can do when we are weak is get with God, I will tell you what, Satan knows our weaknesses and will use them constantly to scare us and get us to alter our faith. The only absolute way to overcome Satan is through Christ. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.Ephesians 6:12,13.
There is a song I sing with my Sunday School class, Jesus Loves Me, part of the verse says, Little ones to Him belong, they are weak, but He is strong.All who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior belong to God, we are His little ones, the flesh is weak, but Jesus makes us strong. I had someone ask me, Don't you trust yourself? I said no, I have flesh and flesh stinks. Ever smell yourself after you haven't had a shower for a couple of days? The flesh really does stink. However, praise God for His mercy and grace for He takes the stink away. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - I John 1:7-9.
God Bless You, I am praying for you
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

GOD'S LOVE IS SO DIFFRENT ..IF WE CAN JUST CATCH THE VISION WE WOULD BE ABLE TO LOVE OTHERS THE WAY GOD DOES , HE GAVE US A FREE GIFT ..I STILL STRUGGLE WHAT GOD'S LOVE IS ALL ABOUT BUT
BUT I DO KNOW HIS WAYS OUR NOT OUR WAYS AND HIS THOUGHTS ARE NOT OUR THOUGHTS SO THAT TELLS ME THE MORE WE KNOW HIM THE MORE WE BECAME LIKE HIM IN A PERSONAL WAY
DELMAR

How Much Love Is Enough?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16 .
We began life with the attitude of love. We came into the world learning what would rule us for our lives. A Mother who is pregnant begins to bond with that child long before it is born. The first movements gives her a feeling that no other person could know. It's something beyond words. And, when that child is born, love surrounds the child. Hopefully, that child will grow up to be a loving adult.
Most parents shower their children with gifts. Most of them are given just because we love our children and want them to have certain things, perhaps those things we never had when we were growing up. But, some give gifts because they think that will make a child love them more. But, gifts can't buy love. Oh, it may make a child say they love you, but when the gift is worn out, do they ask for more? Then, when you can't give them more, do they still love you (that is, do they appreciate you just as much as when you could produce)?
But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. - 1 John 2:5.
Humans look at love so differently than our Heavenly Father. It's not enough for us to just LOVE someone. We think we have to show them in materialistic ways. God showed us with the most unselfish kind of love there ever could be: He sent His ONLY SON to earth to die for our sins so that we might have life eternally. That is the kind of LOVE that God wants us to exhibit in our every day lives - unselfish love, the kind of love that money can't buy. No gift can give you this kind of love. It's demonstrated in a Mother's touch, a loving hug, a special look between people, the need to be with someone - love that can't be bought! We should strive to love the Heavenly way as our Father did so many years ago. I can imagine the tears that must have fallen when He sent His Son, and then had to see Him die on the cross of Calvary. We would never be able to stand seeing our child that way, but we can ask God to give us that kind of love - the love it takes
to bond to each other.
Prayer: Our Loving Heavenly Father, during the holidays, we often think gifts are a way of loving someone. Help us to remember that this is the season of love, the time in which you sent your Son to earth because you loved us so much. Help us to know that it's this kind of love we need in life, the kind not found in those gifts under the tree. We give you praise! Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray, Amen."
Have a Blessed Friday and God Bless you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 1:07 pm

Free From Bondage
And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD. - Leviticus 26:44,45.
Every person born has been in bondage to something in their lives, whether it be a person, place or thing. Those who call on the Lord Jesus Christ have been freed from the bondage of sin. Does it mean that we will never sin again? No. Does it mean we will never find ourselves in bondage again? That is up to us. Jesus has set us free, what we do with that freedom is up to us, should we remain living in bondage to what sin has brought is up to us, but regardless God has never forgotten the covenant or commitment that He makes to all who put their faith in His Son. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: - Ephesians 2:8.
The Book of Nehemiah is the sixteenth book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains thirteen chapters. The author of the book is Nehemiah and it was originally written to the Jews. The time line for these events are approximately 446 BC to 434 BC. The purpose of the book was to continue showing the history of Israel and the rebuilding of Jerusalem. What we are to learn from the book is that there is no opportunity without opposition and without faith works is dead. And our adversaries said, They shall not know, neither see, till we come in the midst among them, and slay them, and cause the work to cease... And it came to pass, when our enemies heard that it was known unto us, and God had brought their counsel to nought, that we returned all of us to the wall, every one unto his work. - Nehemiah 4:11,15.
When Nehemiah's relative Hanani arrived in Persia from Jerusalem, he told Nehemiah of the pitiful conditions that existed there. Nehemiah who knew the Scriptures and the power of prayer and fasting, went before God, reminding Him what He promised.
And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments: Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father's house have sinned... Remember, I beseech thee, the word that thou commandedst thy servant Moses, saying, If ye transgress, I will scatter you abroad among the nations: But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there.- Nehemiah 1:5,6,8,9.
God does not need reminders of what He promises, what God does need is to know that we are faithful to reading His Word, believe His Word, and are paying attention to what we are reading. When we remind God what He did for those we read about and believe that He can do it for us too that encourages God to give us what we are asking Him for. We must ask, in faith, believing if we want God to hear us and answer our prayers. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. -Matthew 21:22.
Nehemiah led a group of people from Babylon to Jerusalem to rebuild the walls. He left all the luxuries of home, and by faith headed for Jerusalem, still desolate and in ruins. Soon after Nehemiah they began rebuilding the walls, he faced opposition from Sanballat.
But when Sanballat the Horonite, and Tobiah the servant, the Ammonite, and Geshem the Arabian, heard it, they laughed us to scorn, and despised us, and said, What is this thing that ye do? will ye rebel against the king? Then answered I them, and said unto them, The God of heaven, he will prosper us; therefore we his servants will arise and build: but ye have no portion, nor right, nor memorial, in Jerusalem. - Nehemiah 2:19,20.
Nehemiah knew that God was on his side and that as long as he was in His will he had nothing to fear. Of course, the we do for God the more opposition we will face from the devil, but God gives us the power to stand up and continue to do His work without fear. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. - II Timothy 1:7.
Letting go of the things we are held bondage to are dependent upon three things, faith, confession, and commitment. We must have faith that we can do all things through Christ, we must confess that we have sinned, and we must honor our commitment to God. Now, breaking a commitment to God does not forfeit our salvation, but it will cause some suffering. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator. - I Peter 4:16-19.
We can live in the will of God in any of the circumstances we face, we can all get out of bondage in any of the circumstances we face too, the first step, Jesus. Jesus said, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.- Matthew 11:28-30. Jesus is our peace, comfort, and He truly will set us free, but unless we come to Him nothing will ever change. Trust in Jesus and He will set you free.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

Getting God's Guidance
I Believe there is a time and season for everything
lately there seems to be more Earthquakes and fires,Gas prices rising
The Rise of Unemployment and Murders and Wars
Which has always been there in the world but I notice they have much increased.

Every sign that leads to the Lords coming back to get his bride . I know People who are Hurting with Depression and Suicidal thoughts and all hope is gone .
Some People find it very hard to get out of bed in the morning .
I remember as a little boy what was wrong back then now is right in the eyes of man .
We as a People took God out of our Schools and we are telling God we don't need you .
As the bible says in the last days it will be like the days of Noah , People will be lovers of themselves not God .
I remember Churches were Respected on Sunday and most every store was closed on Sunday . I believe we lost the true meaning of what life was all about and that is Leaning on the everlasting Arms of Jesus .
I remember singing that song When I was a little Boy
I was thankful that I Who was a Prodigal Son many times throughout my life can Honestly say seeds were planted in my childhood of Learning on the everlasting Arms .

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms!
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning, leaning,
Safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning,
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.
O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
O how bright the path grows from day to day,
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
I have peace complete with my Lord so near,

Prayer: "Our Loving Heavenly Father, thank you that you
are interested in every detail of my life. Again this
day I commit and trust every aspect of my life to you.
Please give me the insight to see the reality in every
situation I am in. And then, help me to know what I need
to do and give me the courage to do it no matter what
it is. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer.
Gratefully, In Jesus Loving Name I Pray. Amen."

Have a Blessed Tuesday and God Bless you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Purged By Christ

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing...If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. - John 15:1-7
To purge means to cleanse or purify by separating and removing whatever is impure, when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior we become attached to Him through His blood. Being attached to Jesus is what cleanses us and keeps us from withering and being cast into the fire. Since Christ abides in us we can expect some separating and removing impurities from our lives as He works in and through us. Now, Christ can not do it alone, we have to do our part as well. The only way to God and receiving answered prayers is through Jesus.
For over sixty years God was no where to be seen in Jerusalem, at least that is what many of God's faithful probably thought as they grew up not even being able to worship God in the Temple. However, all that was about the change when Josiah became king. Josiah began purging Jerusalem.
Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem one and thirty years. And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left. For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images...Now in the eighteenth year of his reign, when he had purged the land, and the house, he sent Shaphan the son of Azaliah, and Maaseiah the governor of the city, and Joah the son of Joahaz the recorder, to repair the house of the LORD his God. - II Chronicles 34:1-3..9.
Josiah did not want the same fate as his father, he purged himself of everything that he witnessed from his father and chose to serve God. Josiah served God the best he knew how according to what he learned from other godly people, which is what most of is try to do. Sometimes we always do not know the right thing to do, but if we let Christ lead us He will guide us step by step. Until we are willing to set the example and live our lives for Christ it is highly unlikely that others will make the first move. As Christians we have to be the ones to step up and be the example that God has chosen us to be. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do
them. - John 13:14-17.
As the Levites were cleaning up the Temple they made a huge discovery, they found the Book of the Law. A man named Shaphan brought the book to king Josiah and read it to him, immediately he learned that they were not doing all they could to live in the will of God and that they were in grave danger. He prayed to God then sent for someone who could explain exactly what they were headed for, a prophetess named Huldah came to explain.
Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be poured out upon this place, and shall not be quenched. And as for the king of Judah, who sent you to enquire of the LORD, so shall ye say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel concerning the words which thou hast heard; Because thine heart was tender, and thou didst humble thyself before God, when thou heardest his words against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, and humbledst thyself before me, and didst rend thy clothes, and weep before me; I have even heard thee also, saith the LORD. Behold, I will gather thee to thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered to thy grave in peace, neither shall thine eyes see all the evil that I will bring upon this place, and upon the inhabitants of the same. So they brought the king word again.
- II Chronicles 34:25-28.
Josiah was the last king to restore Temple worship to the One True God before the destruction of the southern kingdom and Jerusalem. Josiah's leadership abruptly ended when he attempted to stop Pharaoh Necho's plans to attack the Assyrians, which fulfilled the prophecy by Huldah that he would not have to see the destruction that was about to take place.
After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Carchemish by Euphrates: and Josiah went out against him. But he sent ambassadors to him, saying, What have I to do with thee, thou king of Judah? I come not against thee this day, but against the house wherewith I have war: for God commanded me to make haste: forbear thee from meddling with God, who is with me, that he destroy thee not. Nevertheless Josiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself, that he might fight with him, and hearkened not unto the words of Necho from the mouth of God, and came to fight in the valley of Megiddo. And the archers shot at king Josiah; and the king said to his servants, Have me away; for I am sore wounded. His servants therefore took him out of that chariot, and put him in the second chariot that he had; and they brought him to Jerusalem, and he died, and was buried in one of the sepulchres of his
fathers. And all Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah. - II Chronicles 35:20-24.
Sometimes thing happen that we never understand, but God has a reason for all of it and one day we will get our answer. This is a foreshadowing of Christ's return. When He returns all the world will face destruction, but those who have accepted Him as their Savior will be carried away and spared from the tragedy. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.- I Thessalonians 4:16,17.
Nebuchadnezzar' s soldiers eventually broke through the north wall and mercilessly butchered both young and old. This time there was no room for repentance, the Lord left the Israelites to their ruin, some escaped, but most were carried off as slaves to become exiles in Babylon and for seventy years the Jews were under control of the Babylonians.
But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy. Therefore he brought upon them the king of the Chaldees, who slew their young men with the sword in the house of their sanctuary, and had no compassion upon young man or maiden, old man, or him that stooped for age: he gave them all into his hand. And all the vessels of the house of God, great and small, and the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king, and of his princes; all these he brought to Babylon. And they burnt the house of God, and brake down the wall of Jerusalem, and burnt all the palaces thereof with fire, and destroyed all the goodly vessels thereof. And them that had escaped from the sword carried he away to Babylon; where they were servants to him and his sons until the reign of the kingdom of Persia: - II Chronicles 36:16-20.
God gives sinners ample time to repent and graciously awaits for them to believe in and accept His Son. God's methods to reclaim sinners by His Word, faithful ministers, faithful servants, and by their own conscience, shows His great compassion through Christ and His unwillingness that none should perish. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.- II Peter 3:9. However, He will not save anyone who will not purge themselves by receiving Christ into their lives first.
God Bless You, I am praying for you,
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

Comfort In The Rod
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalm 23:1-4.
It is amazing to realize that out of the billions of people in the world today, all created by God, only a small remnant of them are actually children of God. Oh, many people may believe in God, but very few want to leave the comforts and prosperity of the world to accept Him into their lives. We all want to prosper and God wants us to as well, but if we truly want to prosper in all areas of our lives we need to be willing to let go of our worldly comforts and seek comfort in God. He alone can give light to the darkest trials we face, present and future.
The book of Ezra is the fifteenth book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains ten chapters. The author of the book is Ezra, the prophet and it was originally written to the Jews that were in Babylon. The purpose of the book was to record the Israelites return from exile after spending seventy years in Babylon, to rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple. The time line for these events are approximately 536 BC to 457 BC. What we are to learn from the book is the basic principles of repentance, returning to God and restoring our relationship with Him. And the children of Israel, which were come again out of captivity, and all such as had separated themselves unto them from the filthiness of the heathen of the land, to seek the LORD God of Israel, did eat- Ezra 6:21.
Ezra is a continuation of II Chronicles 36 where it said, To fulfil the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed her sabbaths: for as long as she lay desolate she kept sabbath, to fulfil threescore and ten years. Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD spoken by the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying, Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up. - II Chronicles 36:21-23.
Now, after seventy years in Babylon, God is ready for His people to come forward and rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple. During the 70-year captivity, despite appearances to the contrary, the prophets encouraged the exiles concerning their restoration and foretold that they would rebuild Jerusalem. When Cyrus began conquering the world, he did not know that the Almighty God was giving him the victories, but it was God who inspired Jeremiah to predict the exact year Cyrus would release the Jews and now that time has come.
Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying, Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of the LORD God of Israel, (he is the God,) which is in Jerusalem. - Ezra 1:1-3.
From freedom to prison, from life to death, from peace to war, from feast to famine, God has His hand in everything everyone does. He will even allow His children to suffer through the very things that the world has to offer. Why? To get His people to put their faith and trust in Him alone in every area of their lives. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:.. I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. - Ecclesiastes 3:1,14.
The same God that raised up the spirit of Cyrus to proclaim liberty to the Jews, raised up the Jews spirits to accept the challenge to rebuild Jerusalem. An account was kept of the families that came up out of captivity, out of the hundreds of thousands of Jews only 42,360 remained with God and were willing to head back to Jerusalem, which was still desolate and in much despair.
Now these are the children of the province that went up out of the captivity, of those which had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away unto Babylon, and came again unto Jerusalem and Judah, every one unto his city;.. And some of the chief of the fathers, when they came to the house of the LORD which is at Jerusalem, offered freely for the house of God to set it up in his place: They gave after their ability unto the treasure of the work threescore and one thousand drams of gold, and five thousand pound of silver, and one hundred priests' garments.- Ezra 2:1,68,69.
Not only did Jews come back, but people of many nations who were in Babylon. When we choose Jesus, no matter where we came from, we choose God and when we choose Christ above all the temptations and glorious sights of the world we become children of God. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. - Galatians 3:26-28.
Most of the new generation of Judah had never been in Jerusalem and had no reason to leave Babylon except to rebuild the Temple in the old, ruined city of Jerusalem about 900 miles away. Only a few were willing to endure the hazardous, long and difficult four-month journey on foot, amazingly not one complaint is recorded, the first ever. Those who truly want Christ to be Lord of their lives are willing to step out of their comfort zones, maybe even go into unfamiliar territory, and follow Him where ever He leads them. “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. - Matthew 16:24,25.
Living for Christ is not giving up life, it's giving us life, a new life that will in fact be prosperous, one that is eternal. All who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior become dead to their sins and are reborn into a new life, one that honors God as we let go of the things we thought gave us joy and hold on to the things that truly give us joy. “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses... Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. - I Timothy 6:10-12,19.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 6:45 pm

GET OUT OF THE PASSED

Today we will read and learn about Hezekiah destroying all the idols in Judah, the giving of first fruits and tithes, Assyria invading Judah, the death of Hezekiah, his son Manasseh's reign, and Amon's reign. Today's message focuses on the importance of leaving past mistakes in the past. Whether it was something that was done personally or inherited from others, we need to leave the past where it lies.

Hezekiah continues to reform Judah, "Now when all this was finished, all Israel that were present went out to the cities of Judah, and brake the images in pieces, and cut down the groves, and threw down the high places and the altars out of all Judah and Benjamin, in Ephraim also and Manasseh, until they had utterly destroyed them all. Then all the children of Israel returned, every man to his possession, into their own cities." (II Chronicles 31:1).

Before the death of his wicked father, King Ahaz, he had placed the kingdom of Judah in subjection to Assyria, which was fast becoming the world's most powerful kingdom. Its seemingly invincible armies had seized control of both Syria and the northern kingdom of Israel. In addition, Sennacherib, king of Assyria, had jurisdiction over 46 walled cities inside the kingdom of Judah.

Hezekiah could have mourned over the mess he inherited, either hating his father or blaming God for the wretched moral and economic conditions that prevailed throughout the nation. Instead, he reopened the Temple which his idol-worshiping father had desecrated, and restored worship of the true God. "And Hezekiah appointed the courses of the priests and the Levites after their courses, every man according to his service, the priests and Levites for burnt offerings and for peace offerings, to minister, and to give thanks, and to praise in the gates of the tents of the LORD. He appointed also the king's portion of his substance for the burnt offerings, to wit, for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the set feasts, as it is written in the law of the LORD. Moreover he commanded the people that dwelt in Jerusalem to give the portion of the priests and the Levites, that they might be
encouraged in the law of the LORD." (31:2-4)

As with Hezekiah, who inherited serious problems because his father was evil, we too may be the victim of other people's sins, but Christians never need to fear the future or unfortunate circumstances of the past. "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." (Hebrews 13:5-6).

We should not be concerned about our parents' mistakes, which we may have inherited, or other situations over which we have no control. Dwelling on one's past mistakes, or those of others, never provides helpful solutions, and can create depression, suspicion, self-hatred, and hatred of others. How encouraging it is to know that when Hezekiah prayed, with no hint of ill will, the Lord protected them.

Withe the Apostle Paul we need to say, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14).

In today's reading Jesus Christ is revealed through Hezekiah's offering of the king's portion of his substance for the burned offerings (II Chronicles 31:3). God offered His King's portion in Christ Jesus who, in total surrender on the cross, was wholly consumed, even unto death.

Today's Psalm: 36:5
"Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds."

Today's Prayer (From Psalm 108:1-6)
Dear Lord,
O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory. Awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. I will praise thee, O LORD, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations. For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: and thy glory above all the earth; That thy beloved may be delivered: save with thy right hand, and answer me. In Jesus' name......Amen.

Have a wondeful and great weekend!
God Bless
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top