Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» SHOEBAT
Yesterday at 11:27 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Yesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Yesterday at 10:40 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Yesterday at 10:35 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Admin

» Heavy gunfire reported outside royal palace in Riyadh (VIDEOS)
Yesterday at 7:59 pm by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
Yesterday at 7:21 pm by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Yesterday at 6:06 pm by Admin

» EVIDENCE FOR THE RESURRECTION
Yesterday at 5:17 pm by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Yesterday at 4:00 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 3:58 pm by Admin

» George Soros
Yesterday at 3:49 pm by Admin

» OPCW confirms visit to site of alleged chemical attack in Douma, Syria
Yesterday at 3:13 pm by Admin

» Pres TRUMP Welcomes Kim's Nuke Freeze announcement.
Yesterday at 3:01 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:56 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:48 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:22 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Fri 20 Apr 2018, 7:09 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Chip Brogden's Meditations & News Please Join Live Disscussion Online.

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Chip Brogden's Meditations & News Please Join Live Disscussion Online.

Post  Admin on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:16 pm

Hi Elaine,

I got a lot of interesting feedback about the article I sent out yesterday (Gathering: But Not for the Better!).

I mentioned related articles and audio teachings for those of you who are interested in digging deeper. Unfortunately I gave the wrong link.

So here is the corrected link with the article and all the additional info:

http://theschoolofchrist.org/articles/gathering-but-not-for-the-better.html

Now listen... don't read this dangerous stuff unless you're willing to pay the ultimate price of following Jesus outside of Churchianity.

When I get emails like this...

"I attend a [enter your denomination here] church in [location] and I read your article. Should I stop attending and paying tithes?"

... then I have to say that if you have to ask, you probably aren't ready yet. Because when you are ready, you will know it. You won't have to ask for permission from anyone. The Spirit will bear witness with you and you'll come out, not knowing where you're going, only knowing you can't keep doing what you've been doing.

So these kinds of messages are primarily intended for those of you who already know that God has led you out. I can't persuade or convince anyone to do anything. All I can do is encourage you to following Jesus in simplicity and truth.

And when you're tired of religion and ready to take a step of faith, we'll be here to encourage and support you in your journey.

May He be increased as we are decreased.

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
http://TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit-led, Scripture-based discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find out more about us, click here. You can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

©2011 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 6:18 pm

Gathering: But Not For the Better!

by Chip Brogden

"Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that you come together not for the better, but for the worse" (I Corinthians 11:17).

Jesus made it clear that "where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there I am in the midst of them" (Matthew 18:20). Just two or three!

I thank and praise God that Jesus did not say, "Where two or three THOUSAND are gathered together, there I am." He did not say, "Where two or three HUNDRED are gathered together, there I am." And He did not say, "Where two or three DOZEN are gathered together, there I am."

Jesus also did not say where the two or three had to be gathered together. He did not specify a church building or a living room meeting. And He did not say how many times a week they had to be gathered, or if the gatherings had to be structured or unstructured, open or closed, inside or outside.

By establishing His Presence in the midst of a group so small as two or three, Jesus repudiates our fascination with large numbers. Anyone can gather a crowd if you tell them what they want to hear. May I say that a large group has no more of the presence of Jesus than a small group. The numbers are irrelevant. Either Jesus is in the midst, or He is not. If Jesus is not in the midst of us then having a large group of people will not compensate for Him not being there.

I would rather sit on the living room floor with three people and have Jesus in the midst than sit in a service with three thousand people where Jesus is nowhere to be found.

Of course, Jesus can sometimes be found in large groups of people, but as my wife says, He tends to get lost in the crowd.

WHAT ABOUT ASSEMBLING TOGETHER?

Concerning our assembling together, the author of the letter to the Hebrews says:

"Forsaking not the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as you see the day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25).

Praise the Lord for the simplicity of this Scripture. Once again, we are not told WHERE to assemble (the local church). We are not told WHEN to assemble (Sunday morning). We are not told HOW OFTEN to assemble (three services a week, prayer on Tuesday, youth group on Thursday). Taking this verse by itself, it simply tells us to make the most of every opportunity we have for encouraging one another face-to-face. Yet it gives no direction about where, when, or how many times a week this is to take place.

As a pastor, I misused this verse all the time. I did it in ignorance, but the message I consistently sent out was, "You need to attend more, pray more, give more, and do more than what you're doing. You need to be submitted to me so you can have a spiritual covering. You need to be accountable to a local body of believers. And if you don't come to church every time the doors are open and if you don't participate in every program we have available for you then you are forsaking the assembling of yourselves together!"

Is that really what this verse means? When you read the verses preceding this one it becomes apparent that the Spirit of God is not trying to get us to be more faithful to attend church services. In fact, when this was written, Christians did not have "church services" (or church buildings, for that matter).

So what does it mean? If you read the entire chapter (better yet, the entire letter), you find that we are being encouraged to draw near to God without fear, by a "new and living way", through Jesus Christ our High Priest, Who has already assembled us together as the house of God in order to lead us into the Holy of Holies.

Based on what we know about the Lord's Ekklesia, we could just as easily say, "Don't forsake the house of living stones that Jesus is assembling together, because there's no other way to draw near to God!" But people usually find what they expect to see, not what is really there. So we nullify the Word of God with our tradition, missing the blessing and turning it into a burden.

IN THIS I PRAISE YOU NOT

Jesus said if HE is lifted up then HE will draw all men to HIMSELF. Instead, we lift up religion and draw all men into an institution.

Are we suggesting that Christians should never go to church or have fellowship with others? Of course not. But we ask, can fellowship only occur in the context of a church meeting? Once we realize that our fellowship is supposed to be based on a relationship with Jesus, not a relationship with "church", we will discover that there are more opportunities for fellowship OUTSIDE the local church building than there are INSIDE.

That is because Christ-based fellowship lasts as long as you are abiding in Jesus, while church-based fellowship only lasts as long as you are attending that church. When you go to their services and support their agenda then they love you. Once you leave, and they realize you are not coming back, they want nothing more to do with you. The reality is simply this: their fellowship with you is church-based, ministry-based, man-based, or money-based, but it is not Christ-based.

The true character of a church, fellowship, or ministry is not judged by how they receive you when you join, or how they treat you when you are there, but rather, how they send you when you go, and how they relate to you after you have left.

Many churches, gatherings, meetings, ministries and fellowships do more harm than good. They should be shut down because Jesus does not have the preeminence there. Thus, they serve no Kingdom purpose. I am convinced that most churches exist only to give the pastor someplace to preach on Sunday. The meetings continue but no fruit is produced. They are dead branches still clinging to the vine that need to be hacked off to make way for new growth.

Paul told the Corinthians that when they came together it was not for the better, but for the worse. To be sure, they gathered together. They were faithful to assemble. But their gathering together was not a testimony to their faith, it was a testimony to their division. Actually, they were not assembling together at all, they were assembling separately. "Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you!"

The apostle says it would be better for them to stay home than to gather together for the worse, have division, teach heresies, despise the church of God, bring shame to one another, eat and drink damnation to themselves, and come together "unto condemnation" (see I Corinthians 11:17-34).

This is strong language. When was the last time you heard a message on that? What pastor is willing to stand up and say, "There will be no more services until we can learn how to come together for the better, and not for the worse." Not many!

IN THE SPIRIT ON THE LORD'S DAY

Brothers and sisters, do not be deceived or troubled. If we are one with the Head then we are one with the Body, even if we are not physically gathered together; and if we are NOT one with the Head then we are NOT one with the Body, even if we ARE physically gathered together. How can that be? Because Jesus is building His Church, and it is a spiritual house, not a physical house.

This principle is clearly demonstrated in the life of John the apostle. Exiled to the Isle of Patmos because of the testimony of Jesus, he was physically isolated from other believers and had no face-to-face contact with any of the churches. He had no "covering", no "accountability", no "authority" no "local body of believers", no "fellowship". He seemed to be cast off into a corner, forgotten.

But John says, "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day." He maintained connectivity to the Head and to the Body of Christ by way of a spirit-and-truth worship walk. This connectivity is spiritual, not physical, not social, not geographical. Because of this, John received a clear vision and a fresh revelation of Jesus Christ. As a side benefit, John knew the exact spiritual condition of the seven churches of Asia, even though he was not assembled together with them.

It is better to be alone and be in the Spirit than to assemble together and be in the flesh, going through the motions of Churchianity, gathering for the worse, and not for the better. Jesus said,

"Isaiah was correct when he prophesied about you hypocrites, saying, 'These people draw near to Me with their mouths, and they honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me, and they worship Me in vain, for they teach as doctrines the commandments of men'" (Matthew 15:7-9).

Friends, there is a more excellent way! The Father is actively seeking and recruiting for Himself people who will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. Jesus is setting them free from vain worship and traditions of men, and He is gathering them together into a spiritual house of living stones. The Holy Spirit is leading them into an ever deepening, ever increasing relationship with Christ. With them, every day is "The Lord's Day"!

While everything not established on Christ is being shaken, those who are being reduced to Christ are receiving a kingdom that cannot be moved. It is a wonderful time to be alive and to see God's Purpose being fulfilled! Why would we be content with anything less? He has given us new wine and new wineskins. Let us seek the preeminence of Christ in all things, and when Jesus does gather us together in simplicity, He will be in the midst, and our gatherings will be for the better, and not for the worse. Amen.

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden

P.S. You can post your comments and check out similar articles and audio teachings here:

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit-led, Scripture-based discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find out more about us, click here. You can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

©2011 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:56 pm

August 17, 2011

Does God Ever Give Up?

ROMANS 10
THURSDAY

August 18, 2011
8:00 P.M. Eastern

The cost is free, but group size is limited. You must register to ensure your spot at this Webinar.
Hello Elaine,

We are digging into some deep spiritual truth as we examine a question that is asked by many Christians: what is God's purpose and plan for Israel?

Some will say, "Who cares about Israel? I have my own problems!"

I understand. But since all Scripture is profitable, and since Paul devoted so much of his writing to the question of how believers in Christ should view Israel, I think it is more important than we realize. And applicable to you and to those you care about it.

Why?

Because what we see in Romans 9, 10 and 11 is not just a revelation of God's purpose for Israel, but for all people, and all nations. We see something of the heart of God for those that are lost, even for those who appear to be irretrievably, hopelessly lost. Not just the Jews who reject Jesus, but your family, your friends, your neighbors - the whole world of those whom we call "unbelievers".

Does God give up when a person fails to believe?

Does God say, "I have done all I could do in sending my Son... there is nothing more I can do?"

That's what Religion has taught us. But Scripture teaches us something different. Something intriguing and interesting and mysterious and wonderful.

God is love. And love never fails.

Even if (as in the case of Israel) it appears that love has failed them, because they refuse to accept it.

Join us online THURSDAY NIGHT (August 18) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 10.

To reserve your spot, click here:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/186420370

At our Webinars, you'll have a chance to listen, interact, ask questions, and get answers - all from the comfort of your own home or office. Best of all, you'll be encouraged and strengthened in your faith. You don't have to commit to every week, just join us as your schedule permits.

For a complete Webinar schedule, including an archive of previous Webinars and Frequently Asked Questions, visit:

http://theschoolofchrist.org/learn/internet-bible-study-index

Hope to see you Thursday night! Here's the registration link again:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/186420370

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden

©2011 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 5:38 pm

No webinar this week... think of this instead.

---------------

The Perfecting of the Saints
by Chip Brogden

http://theschoolofchrist.org/articles/the-perfecting-of-the-saints.html

"And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" (Ephesians 4:11-13).

For what purpose did God give apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers? Verse 12 tells us they are for "the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ". This, of course, does not mean that the saints are supposed to be perfect in the sense that they never make a mistake or can do no wrong. "Perfection" here means "maturity", and it would be good to simply remember that whenever we see the word "perfect" used in this context we should think "spiritually mature".

The perfecting of the saints means the maturing of the saints, the process of bringing the saints out of spiritual immaturity and into spiritual adulthood. This is the purpose for the ministry gifts. We are not born fully-grown; we must "grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (II Peter 3:18a). In Biblical language, to be "perfect" is to be fully developed. For instance, "My strength is made perfect in weakness" (II Corinthians 12:9ff). What does this mean? "My strength is matured through your weakness, and is fully developed in the one who comes to the end of his natural strength."

After more than twenty years of Christian experience, Paul explains that he has neither attained, nor is he already perfect (cf. Philippians 3:12a). Clearly he expects to be perfect one day, but he has not yet attained it. But to what is he attaining to? Sinless perfection? No. He is striving for spiritual maturity, which he defines as an experiential, intimate, fully-developed relationship with Jesus Christ ("to know Him"). Then he says everyone who is perfect (that is, spiritually mature), will be like-minded in their pursuit of knowing Christ.

Paul says he preaches Christ: "...warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus" (Colossians 1:28). This, in essence, is the purpose of all ministry, whether it is the ministry of an apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor or teacher. It is to preach CHRIST, and to bring all men into a spiritually mature relationship with Him. Christ is at the heart of everything; He is at the center of all activity; we begin with Him and we end with Him.

When we are introduced to a new ministry and we wish to test its authenticity and spiritual value, we need only ask ourselves two questions: is this ministry centered upon Jesus Christ, and does it bring people into a deeper, more experiential knowing of Him?

If we wish to evaluate someone who claims to be an apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor or teacher, we can apply the same test: is this person centered on Jesus Christ? And when they do whatever it is that they do (preach, teach, prophesy, sing, plant churches, etc.), does it bring people into a deeper, more experiential knowing of Him?

Some may think that kind of test is too severe. Why, if we applied this criteria to every minister and ministry in the world (they say) then we would probably disqualify a majority of workers and works that are doing the Church and mankind a great service. Yes, we probably would. Yet in terms of value to the Kingdom of God, if the work is not Christ-centered and does nothing to bring people into a mature relationship with Him then it has no value to God and is worthless in His sight. If we are not preaching Christ then we are preaching something or someone else; and if we are not bringing people into the depths of Jesus with our life and work then we are either leaving them as they are or leaving them worse than when we found them. We become a distraction and a hindrance to the spiritual growth of others.

If the minister or the ministry does not preach Christ, and does not bring people into spiritual maturity, then they fulfill the opposite of God's intention - they make themselves the center and make the people dependent upon them, guaranteeing the spiritual immaturity of those affiliated with them. A congregation that is dependent upon its pastor to hear from God for them, deliver a message to them, pray for their needs, and take responsibility for their own spiritual growth is doomed to infancy and spiritual immaturity. If the pastor accepts this situation then he reinforces the congregation's dependency upon himself. Instead of pointing them to Christ as their Shepherd and getting them to stand on their own, he becomes their surrogate mother. Unfortunately, this is precisely where many churches are today. "We leave the spiritual work to the pastor, while we attend the services."

The prophetic ministry is just as guilty. The "prophet" or "prophetess" and their "word" becomes the focus of everything; and instead of bringing people to Christ and teaching them how to hear from the Lord on their own, they take responsibility for giving them messages from God. So now people are passively depending on the prophetic ministry for direction, instead of growing up into Christ and developing their own discernment and ability to hear His still, small voice. I read recently of a "prophet" who claimed to give personal words of prophecy to over five hundred people in the course of a week. I do not have to know what was said to know that this person's idea of a "prophetic ministry" will only keep people spiritual dull and incapable of hearing from God on their own. Why should they develop any kind of spiritual sense when they can have a "prophet" come and give them a "word" whenever they like?

Just because we CAN give a word does not mean that we SHOULD give a word. The goal is not to give people a word, but to give them CHRIST as their Word. Or to put it another way, the goal of ministry is not to give people a loaf of bread every day, but to show them how to obtain all the bread they wish in CHRIST who is the Bread of Life. Do you see the difference? If my entire goal is to give people a sermon every week or a prophetic word every day then both I and they will fall far short of God's Purpose, which is spiritual maturity and knowing Christ experientially. If the crowd is coming to me for a loaf of bread every time they get hungry then they are dependent upon me to feed them. This is only acceptable so long as they are children who cannot feed themselves. But if I show them where to get bread on their own then they will not have to come to me anymore: and THAT is the goal. Then they can get nourished directly from the source, Who is Christ Himself. The truth is that selling loaves of bread is big business, and a ministry whose survival depends on selling loaves actually WANTS the people to come back to them over and over again to be fed!

May we see before God that CHRIST is the object and the reason for all ministry. Our goal is not to see anyone become dependent upon us, our ministry, our work, or our word; our goal is not to give them a loaf, but rather, to encourage them to go experience the depths of Jesus Christ experientially and personally - to show them where the Bread of Life is.

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

What About Israel?

ROMANS 9
THURSDAY

August 4, 2011

The cost is free, but group size is limited. You must register to ensure your spot at this Webinar.
Hello Elaine,

A question that arises in the course of our study of the Book of Romans is: what about Israel? Has God replaced Israel with the Ekklesia? Is there any hope for Israel at all?

At first glance it may appear that Israel is doomed and that all the promises of God to Israel are now fulfilled in the Ekklesia. But Paul loves his Jewish people, and finds this conclusion difficult to accept. So in the next three chapters of Romans, Paul lays out a complex argument in defense of Israel's ultimate restoration.

Why is this important? Because in the process of defending God's Purpose for Israel, Paul gives us some wonderful insight in God's Purpose and heart's desire - not just for Israel, but for the Ekklesia, and for all mankind.

Join us online THURSDAY NIGHT (August 4) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 9.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/718272810

At our Webinars, you'll have a chance to listen, interact, ask questions, and get answers - all from the comfort of your own home or office. Best of all, you'll be encouraged and strengthened in your faith. You don't have to commit to every week, just join us as your schedule permits.

For a complete Webinar schedule, including an archive of previous Webinars and Frequently Asked Questions, visit:

http://theschoolofchrist.org/learn/internet-bible-study-index

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/718272810

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 8:17 pm

July 19, 2011

The Law of the Spirit of Life

ROMANS 8
THURSDAY
July 28, 2011

Hello Elaine,

This week we reach one of the high points of the New Testament.

Romans Chapter 8 is the climax, the apex, the pinnacle, the high point of Paul's letter to the Romans: that being dead to the Law of Sin and Death, we are alive to a new law - the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ.

Without Romans 8, we are stuck with the "oh wretched man that I am" in Romans 7, wanting to please God and do the right thing, but finding no power to carry it out.

The truths revealed in Romans 8 will help you live the Christ-Life as it was meant to be lived: as "more than a conqueror"!

Join us online THURSDAY NIGHT (July 28) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 8.
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/712953491

http://theschoolofchrist.org/learn/ibs-faq

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/712953491

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 4:22 pm

July 19, 2011

Who Will Deliver Me?

ROMANS 7
THURSDAY
July 21, 2011

Hello Elaine,

As we progress through the Book of Romans, the study is about to become very personal. We're moving from lofty spiritual and theological concepts down to our most basic struggle.

Paul shows us that having the spiritual stuff all figured out is not enough for day-to-day living and overcoming. "Oh wretched man that I am!" he exclaims.

Something hinders us from making progress. It isn't God. It's us. As the old song goes, "It's me, it's me, it's me oh Lord, standin' in the need of prayer."

The problem is not so much about what we DO; the problem is what we
ARE. "I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwells no good thing."

It finally comes down to our own impotence: "Who will deliver me?" And thankfully, we have the answer; and with Him, we have the secret of living the Christian life as God intended for us to live.

Join us online THURSDAY NIGHT (July 21) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 7.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/556329035

http://theschoolofchrist.org/learn

Hope to see you Thursday night!
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/556329035

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit- led, Scripture-based discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find out more about us, click here. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

(My previous email came out garbled... try this instead!)

---------------------

YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED...

Hi Elaine,

Wow! We've had a lot of great feedback and interest about our High
Purpose workshop. I wanted to take a few minutes to respond to some
questions we've received.
--

Q: Who is "High Purpose" for? What will I learn?

A: High Purpose is a one-day, small-group workshop for people who
want to find their life's purpose, overcome the barriers and
obstacles that are holding them back, and move towards the
practical fulfillment of what they are here on earth to be, do, and
become. You'll learn about fulfilling your God-given potential by
recognizing your unique gifts, skills, talents, strengths,
passions, and experiences. You'll learn how to make the most of
what you have and be a better steward of everything you have been
given. You'll learn how to master your spiritual, mental and
physical health, your time, your finances, and your relationships
so you can get past your "personal issues" and have more time for
serving God and serving others - living your High Purpose.

High Purpose is for people who are not satisfied with where they
are and crave change, improvement, and growth in EVERY area of
their life (not just their spiritual life). But, they want to
learn how to do it in a Christ-centered, Spirit-led,
Scripture-based way.

A lot of believers are in bondage to the false belief that God will
just make things happen without any real effort, cooperation, or
contribution on their part. This is the "Jesus Did It All, So I
Don't Have To Do Anything" Mindset - which is one of the "Purpose
Killers" you'll learn about in the workshop. It's one of the most
clever traps of the enemy. If you want to be able to move beyond
limitations like that then High Purpose is definitely for you.

Watch this video to learn more:
http://theschoolofchrist.org/highpurpose

--

Q: What does Rick Warren's "Purpose-Driven Life" and your "High
Purpose" workshop have in common?

A: Nothing at all!

I've been writing and speaking about God's Purpose since 1998.
Until this weekend I had never read any of Rick Warren's books.
But when several people responded to my High Purpose workshop with
the comment that it "sounds like Rick Warren", I thought I should
check his stuff out for myself so I could intelligently respond.

I'm glad I did, because now I know I've got something that can
really help people and that High Purpose has nothing in common with
"Purpose-Driven" anything.

I agree with Rick Warren that "it's not about you," and you cannot
know your purpose apart from God's Purpose. I also agree that
serving others is a more worthy purpose than merely serving
yourself.

But the rest of his material is written from the perspective of an
institutional pastor, and that is its biggest weakness. I guess I
should not have been too surprised to find that according to
Warren, one of the greatest purposes of your life is to get plugged
in to a "local body of believers". Sorry Rick, I disagree, but I
understand why you would think that.

I also discovered that my spiritual life is in danger of being
extinguished altogether because I don't go to church. Ironic,
because I've not been "plugged in" for over ten years and my
spiritual life is stronger than ever and getting stronger every
day. And I see others following Jesus "outside the camp" who
experience the same thing.

You can't trust the church system to teach you about money because
they will inevitably make tithing part of their advice. In the same
way, you can't trust the church system to teach you about your
purpose because they will inevitably make "church" part of your
purpose. So just be aware.

Our High Purpose workshop is about finding YOUR specific purpose in
life so you can fulfill it. We're going to go beyond the general
purpose that is shared by all people and dig down into YOUR reason
for being. You're going to get wisdom to help you make sense of
where you're going by looking at where you are now and where you
came from. This is practical, actionable stuff.
--

Q: I'm in another part of the world and I can't attend the
workshop. Will you make it available on video, online, or some
other means?

A: Thanks for your interest! High Purpose isn't just a teaching,
it's a face-to-face learning experience that we want to bring to
you in person, much like a one-day personal retreat. We understand
everyone can't come to the U.S., nor do we expect everyone to. Our
goal is to eventually take High Purpose all over the U.S. and to
other countries as the Lord guides and provides. Knowing you are
interested is a big factor in determining when and where we are
able to go next.

--

ONLY 24 SEATS REMAINING for High Purpose, St. Louis Missouri.
Find out more: http://theschoolofchrist.org/highpurpose

Any more questions? Reply to this email and fire away.

In Him,

Chip Brogden
http://www.TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

---------------------------------

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and
maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit-led, Scripture-based
discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find
out more about us, visit http://theschoolofchrist.org/about

You can also connect with us:

...on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/TheSchoolOfChristOrg

...and Twitter:
http://twitter.com/schoolofchrist

(c)2011 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for
non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appear.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

July 12, 2011

Dead Indeed to Sin

ROMANS 6
THURSDAY

July 14, 2011

Hello Elaine,

We're steadily making our way through the Book of Romans and discovering some wonderful gems of truth that make the Good News even better than you might have thought!

Romans 6 introduces the wonderful spiritual principle of IDENTIFICATION. The most profound spiritual truth in the universe is that fact that we are one with Christ.
He is in us; we are in Him. This means that when Jesus died, we died. When Jesus was raised from the dead, we were raised from the dead.

Identification and union with Christ is possible because we have "taken up the Cross". Without the Cross there is no union, no identification, no death and resurrection with Christ. This explains why most Christians still struggle to overcome the three enemies of sin, self, and satan. A lot of this struggling is completely unnecessary - once we realize who we are, and who He is in us!

Join us online THURSDAY NIGHT
(July 14) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 6.
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/682330514

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/682330514

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit- led, Scripture-based discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find out more about us, click here. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

Last week's webinar on Romans 5 has been rescheduled for this Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern time.

As always, the webinar is free but "seating" is limited and registration is required.

Click on the link below to find out more:
http://TheSchoolOfChrist.Org/learn

Looking forward to it!

I am your brother,
Chip Brogden

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit-led, Scripture-based discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find out more about us, click here. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:05 pm

June 29, 2011

Reconciled By His Death

ROMANS 5
THURSDAY
June 30, 2011

Hello Elaine,
Did you know the Good News is even better than you thought?
Romans 5:10 makes a startling pronouncement:
"For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."
I used to think that only Christians were reconciled to God - AFTER they accepted Christ. It makes sense. But according to Scripture, we were reconciled to God while we were still His enemies!
How might this change our approach to spreading the Gospel? And what else have we just naturally assumed to be true without checking it out from Scriptures?
Join us online THURSDAY NIGHT (June 30) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 5.
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/724491762
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/724491762

I am your brother,
Chip Brogden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:59 pm

June 20, 2011

Faith Like Abraham

The Bible says that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6). Faith ranks right up there with Love and Hope as one of the three most enduring elements in the universe (1 Cor. 13:13).

But what exactly is faith? Is it a spiritual force some people use to get answers to prayer? Is it a mysterious power possessed by a fortunate few?

Can faith be developed? Can faith be increased? Can faith be lost - and restored again?

This week we're going to look at Abraham as an example of real faith. And we'll find out that faith is not as mysterious or complicated as some may think.

Join us online WEDNESDAY NIGHT (June 22) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 4

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/856911251

For a complete Webinar schedule, including an archive of previous Webinars and Frequently Asked Questions, visit: http://theschoolofchrist.org/learn .

Hope to see you Wednesday night!
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/856911251

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

Justified by Faith

ROMANS 3
FRIDAY
June 17, 2011

Do you have a hard time holding two seemingly contradictory truths in your mind at the same time? Many people do.
For example, while the Scriptures do speak frankly about the wrath of God, they speak just as frankly that "His mercy endures forever." We discussed this one last week, but there are many *seeming** contradictions in Scripture that we have to unravel.
Paul gives us another mystery in Romans 3 when he declares that although all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, salvation is possible - through faith, not by the Law.
Those who favor the Law will say that Paul is mad, and if you do away with the Law, people will certainly be more inclined to sin. The Law keeps bad behavior in check. Grace only gives people permission to sin. Their sarcastic response to Paul's preaching was, "Let us sin, that grace may abound!"
God forbid, says Paul. And he brilliantly addresses their faulty thinking. Sin already abounds because "none are righteous." Grace does not cause sin; Grace is God's answer to sin. And just as God's wrath does not exclude God's mercy, being justified by faith does not exclude right living.
Join us online FRIDAY NIGHT (June 17) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 3.
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/552107522
For a complete Webinar schedule, including an archive of previous Webinars and Frequently Asked Questions, visit: http://theschoolofchrist.org/learn .
Hope to see you tomorrow night!
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/552107522

I am your brother,
Chip Brogden
TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:44 pm

God's Judgment?

I don't typically use cartoons for illustration purposes, but when it comes to the issue of God's judgment I think the cartoon in this email represents a mindset possessed by many Christians.

"You rejected my way of escape" God thunders. "You were warned on May 1, 2000. Depart from me..."

Some versions of this scene show God with a clenched fist.

Cartoons like this are printed on tracts and then passed out to "sinners". I suppose this is intended to either scare them out of hell, or scare the hell out of them, or both.

God's judgment is real. Romans 2 is clear about that. But there is a big difference between God's Judgment revealed in Romans 2 and God's Judgment as it is preached by well-meaning but un-informed Christians.

You'll either be shocked or delighted as we examine that difference.

Join us online FRIDAY NIGHT
(June 10) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 2.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/938977675

At our Webinars, you'll have a chance to listen, interact, ask questions, and get answers - all from the comfort of your own home or office. Best of all, you'll be encouraged and strengthened in your faith. You don't have to commit to every week, just join us this Thursday night as your schedule permits.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/938977675

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

P.S. These webinars are always free - but if you can donate a little something to cover the costs it is much appreciated.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:12 pm

Our webinar from last week (Romans 1) has been rescheduled for
tomorrow night at the usual time (8:00 p.m. Eastern).

Here is the registration link:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/287803978

Hope you can join us online tomorrow for this f.r.e.e. webinar.

In Him,

Chip Brogden

---------------------------------

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and
maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit- led, Scripture-based
discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find
out more about us, visit http://theschoolofchrist.org/about

You can also connect with us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/TheSchoolOfChristOrg

...and Twitter:
http://twitter.com/schoolofchrist

(c)2011 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for
non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appear.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 26 May 2011, 5:34 pm

May 25, 2011

"Not Ashamed of the Gospel"

ROMANS 1
TOMORROW

Thursday May 26, 2011

In his opening remarks to the Christians in Rome, Paul makes a powerful affirmation: "I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes" (Rom. 1:16a).

Paul was not ashamed of the Gospel because he understood it as a Christ-centered message instead of a man-centered message.

So what IS the Gospel? Are we believing, proclaiming, and reaching others with the same Gospel that Paul was talking about?

Join us online
(Thursday, May 26) for the Internet Bible Study as we discuss this (and much more) from the Book of Romans, Chapter 1.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/967333419

At our Webinars, you'll have a chance to listen, interact, ask questions, and get answers - all from the comfort of your own home or office. Best of all, you'll be encouraged and strengthened in your faith. You don't have to commit to every week, just join us this Thursday night as your schedule permits.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/967333419

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 19 May 2011, 1:00 pm

May 18, 2011

Introduction to the Book of Romans

Introduction
to Romans
TOMORROW

Thursday May 19, 2011

Hello Elaine,

The Book of Romans has long been regarded by Bible scholars as the great theological treatise of the apostle Paul.

True, it does contain a great deal of doctrinal meat for seminary students - "Justification" and "Redemption" and "Atonement" and other big ideas.

But Paul did not set out to write a theological textbook for training preachers. He just wanted to give "ordinary" Christians a clear understanding of Who Jesus is and what He has done!

Join us online TOMORROW
(Thursday, May 19) as we begin a new series of free, chapter-by-chapter weekly webinars from the Book of Romans.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/973782371

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/973782371

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 12 May 2011, 2:16 pm

May 12, 2011

"Go and make disciples..."

Matthew 28
TONIGHT

Thursday May 12, 2011

Hello Elaine,

Last summer we began a chapter-by-chapter journey through the Gospel of Matthew. Tonight, we complete that study with the grand finale of Matthew, climaxing with the resurrection of Christ and the Great Commission.

When a Rabbi sent forth his students to go make disciples, they would typically start their own school and recruit new disciples of their own. But we never hear of a School of Simon, or a School of John, or a School of James. Jesus never gave up His unique role as Teacher. It is always, and will forever be, THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST - because Jesus is still living, still teaching, and still making disciples!

Join us online TONIGHT (Thursday, May 12) as we discuss all this and more from Matthew 28.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/138683155

Hope to see you tonight!
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/138683155

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:58 pm

Hi Elaine,

Remember last week when we lost power during the webinar? It looks like the computer is fried. And I'm under the weather with a bad sinus infection. So we're going to have to skip this week's webinar. Hopefully by next week my computer and "me" will both be fixed. In the meantime, here's an article that explains why I'm not going to let "things" get me down! - CB
Learning Contentment
by Chip Brogden
http://theschoolofchrist.org/articles/learning-contentment.html

"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:11-13).
It is rather easy to be content when things are going well. So it is especially interesting to note that the happiest letter Paul ever wrote was penned while he was chained to a Roman solider, waiting for a possible sentence of death. "Rejoice in the Lord always... and again I say, rejoice" (Phil. 4:4)! He says he has learned to be content.

All of us face challenging and difficult circumstances. So let us look closely at Paul's experience and see if we can discover the source of his contentedness.

Contentment does not mean having a passive, laid-back attitude that just accepts whatever happens without a whimper of protest. Contentment does not mean being indifferent as to whether or not your circumstances will ever improve. Contentment does not mean settling for less than you are capable of.

Nor is contentment a spiritual quality reserved for those who have unusually strong faith. Paul was not content just because he was Paul. When he explains his secret he does not reveal anything super-spiritual or super-human about it. That place of happy contentment is achievable by anyone through very ordinary means: "I have learned... to be content."

No one is naturally content when faced with difficult circumstances. Contentment must be learned, and the only way to learn it is to go through some things that test it. Paul learned to be content. That means I can learn contentment, and so can you.

The Greek word for "content" here is only used once in the entire Bible. It means a sufficiency in one's self, being strong enough or possessing enough to need no aid or support. It is the ability to live independently of external circumstances. Elsewhere Paul has confirmed that he is not sufficient in himself, but his sufficiency is of God (2 Cor. 3:5). And he has just told the Philippians that "we rejoice in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh" (Phil. 3:3). So how can we reconcile that with this "self-sufficiency" he now speaks of?

Perhaps it can be explained in this way: there is a sufficiency within us that does not come from us. It is "in me" but it is not "from me." I am sustained on the inside by something that supplies me from the outside! And this sufficiency is so complete that I can live independently of my circumstances - whether they are good or bad!

That is a powerful position to be in. But that kind of contentment is something that must be learned. We need to learn the kind of spiritual contentment that is completely dependent on Christ - not on Christians! How do we learn this lesson? Paul learned it when "everyone in Asia" deserted him (2 Tim. 1:15). This would be a serious blow to most people, but Paul had learned something! Have we learned it?

"I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound." Both! Learning contentment is not just figuring out how to make do with little, it is also making do with a lot. How we respond to having too little says something about us, but how we respond to having too much says something also. "I know both," says Paul, whether full or hungry, whether abounding or suffering need. He is independent of his circumstances. He is the same, whether he has a lot or whether he has a little.

Regardless of what state you find yourself in today, you too can do "all things through Christ" Who strengthens you. The greater your deficiency, the greater His sufficiency. In your weakness His strength is more clearly revealed. Even in your most difficult moments you will find in Him a rich storehouse of spiritual sufficiency that exceeds all your expectations. There are no quick fixes, easy answers, or instant solutions to all your problems - but there is a Person Who lives in you, One Who has already proven Himself to be Sufficient for Anything and Master of Everything. Let Him be Enough.

SHARE YOUR COMMENTS:
http://theschoolofchrist.org/articles/learning-contentment.html

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit-led, Scripture-based discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:48 pm

SPECIAL
Online Discipleship Course
Now Accepting New Students

Last year we launched our online discipleship course, Embrace the Cross. The response was so overwhelming that we had to stop accepting new students and many people were placed on waiting lists.

I'm pleased to say that we have re-opened the course today, so I encourage you to join now while you can!

This discipleship course is truly Christ-centered
instead of "church-centered."

What we mean is this: just about every discipleship program in existence makes church attendance the cornerstone of their program.

We have discovered that the old formula of "find a good church, get plugged in, and attend services every week" does not result in spiritually mature followers of Jesus.

We want to change that by totally removing "religion" from the equation and focusing on CHRIST HIMSELF.

Click the link below to find out more:
http://EmbraceTheCross.Org

In Him,

Chip & Karla Brogden
TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

P.S. There is no charge to sign up for this course. But you know that taking up the Cross and following Jesus will cost you everything.
http://EmbraceTheCross.Org

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit-led, Scripture-based discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find out more about us, click here. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 14 Apr 2011, 10:04 am

Foolish Virgins!

Matthew 25
Thursday April 14, 2011

When I teach the Kingdom parables, many are surprised to learn that the traditional interpretations they learned in church are erroneous.

The Kingdom parables are not telling us the destiny of the non-Christians, but the judgment coming upon those who claim to be Christians but are not - the hypocrites.

What is that judgment? Why is there weeping and gnashing of teeth? These are not the cries of regret from those who never "prayed the Sinner's Prayer". They are the cries of anger and pain and shame from those who thought they were destined to rule and reign with Jesus, but are excluded because they (among other things) never embraced the Cross and became a disciple. They called Jesus "Lord" but didn't do His Will. Like it or not, Matthew has shown us this a dozen different ways.

Take this week's lesson, for example: foolish virgins, unprofitable servants, and goats. Understand that all the virgins had the same Bridegroom. All the servants had the same Master. Both the sheep and the goats had the same Shepherd. But Jesus separates between the wise and foolish, between the profitable and the unprofitable, between the ones do what He wants and the ones who don't. The whole point of this chapter is to warn us to be ready. Why warn us at all if our entry into the Kingdom of God is a foregone conclusion?

You say, "I'm not sure how that fits into my 'once-saved-always-saved' theology." And I say, "You might need a new theology, if the one you have doesn't fit in with what Jesus is saying." Read the Book and see what you think. I'm not really looking to Jesus to confirm MY beliefs; I want to know what HE believes. We must be adjusted to Him and not the other way around.

If what I'm saying is true... does it give you a new sense of urgency to stop playing games and get serious about the things of God? Does it drive you to dig deep and get discipled? That is precisely the intention of these Kingdom parables.

Join us online Thursday, April 14 as we discuss all this and more from Matthew 25.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/245212931

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/245212931

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
TheSchoolOfChrist.Org
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:47 pm

Is This the End of the Age?

Matthew 24
Thursday April 7, 2010

Hello Elaine,

The disciples of Jesus asked Him something that had been on their minds for some time: "What will be the sign of Your return, and the end of the age?

Likewise, disciples of the Lord today are concerned when they look at world events and wonder the same thing.

Instead of yielding to fear and hysteria, let's look at what the Scriptures say and so we can be settled in our hearts and be a light to the world instead of a stumbling-block.

Join us online Thursday, April 7 for our discussion on "The End of the Age" from Matthew 24.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/363700386

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/363700386

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 01 Apr 2011, 2:29 pm

Hello Elaine,

No webinar this week... please enjoy this encouraging article in the meantime! - CB
Entering His Rest
by Chip Brogden
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Mt. 11:28, NKJV).

"Come to Me." Come to Me. Not a church. Not a man of God. Not a teaching. Not a group. Come to Me, and learn of Me. I will give you rest. No one else can give you the rest. You cannot earn the rest. The rest is the gift of God.

If you are a born-again, child of God then you have done this at least once in your life. The moment you said, "God, I cannot save myself. I trust in the finished work of Christ to save me, Jesus be My Savior and Lord," that is when you stopped trying to earn your salvation through works. You entered into rest. You "retired" from being your own savior. And most people have learned that it is settled from that moment on. You would not dream of going back to the days of trying to work for your salvation. You're saved and you know it.

That is how you begin the Christian life. But there is more to the Christian life that just getting saved. That is the first step into a larger world. Jesus is continually calling out to you, saying, "Come to Me, and I will give you rest." That is a progressive thing. It is a daily thing. Every day we come to Jesus, everyday we hand over something else, every day we learn to rest in Him, and trust in His life.

What does it look like? Well, so many Christians struggle with sin. They struggle with their feelings, their emotions, their memories. They worry, they fret. They are in bondage to fear. They are in bondage to bad habits. They are in bondage to their past hurts. They experience many defeats and very few victories.

Can we not trust Jesus to give us rest from these things as well? If we can trust Him and believe Him for salvation, can we not trust Him and believe Him for victory? That is what He means when He says, "Come to Me, and I will give you rest." This rest that we enter into is intended for every area, not just salvation. How very pitiful if we can only rest in salvation but we have no peace, no rest, no freedom from the constant stresses and disappointments and fears of this present time.

The principle of the Sabbath rest is applicable to every area of your life, not just salvation. Are you ever troubled with anxious thoughts? Of course, from time to time we all worry about something. But when we have entered into His rest we no longer worry about it. Outside of Him there is plenty to worry about; but when we come to Him, and stay in Him, He gives us rest, and it is impossible to rest and worry at the same time. A worried person cannot sleep, and certainly cannot rest. A person who is resting in the Lord does not worry.

Mark 3:14 is a special Scripture for me, and it illustrates this very important point. It says that Jesus called twelve disciples, that they should BE with Him, and that He might send them forth to preach. We are anxious to go out, to be used, to go to work; but Jesus is more interested in the relationship, in being with Him, in learning to rest in Him. Remember the Sabbath day, get that principle deep down in your spirit, before you launch out into the doing.

Of course I come into contact with a great number of people who are coming out of the religious system, and they are usually full of a lot of anxiety and excitement. When they ask me for advice, I counsel them to take a year off and "do nothing" for awhile. What I mean is, religion has kept you doing, doing, doing for God. There needs to be a season of rest. You need to experience a Sabbath day and just "be" with Jesus in terms of spiritual activity. Oh yes, that sounds so nice, but I have seldom met anyone who could do it. They come out of church, and before you know it they start a home church, or they go looking for fellowship with others, or they get restless and end up going back to church where things are more familiar. The idea of just being with Jesus and resting for awhile is completely foreign to their understanding.

Regardless of where you are in your journey - a new Christian, someone who is just coming out of religion, or someone who has been in the wilderness for a long time now - you cannot get away from this principle of the Sabbath day. It is about relationship. Being with Jesus. Coming to Him and resting in Him.

Are you content to just be with Jesus? Is Jesus enough? When Jesus is enough then you are resting. We you feel something more is needed, and you start looking outside of Him, then you become rest-LESS.

What if we took a position with the Lord that says, "I am content to just be with You. If you see I am lacking something, I trust you to bring it. But I am not seeking anything outside of You. That includes fellowship with others, ministry, spiritual experiences, or anything else. You are enough for Me." God can do something with that. Now you are getting aligned to the Sabbath principle. I'm not seeking, or striving, or trying to make anything happen. I am content, I am resting in the Lord. And that is the life of faith, the life of trust, the life of rest...

LIKE THIS? Check out the 4-part audio series...
THE LORD OF THE SABBATH

I am your brother,

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:01 pm

Hello Elaine,

Please take a look at this video:
http://TheSchoolOfChrist.Org/webinars/summit.html

On this page you'll find three things:

1. A special video message from me, recorded this morning
2. A replay of yesterday's Online Summit on the Pacific Crisis
3. A great way to help yourself AND help those in need

If you like what you see and hear I hope you'll share the link or leave a comment and spread the word. Here's the link again:

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 20 Mar 2011, 6:46 pm

Hello Elaine,

The Online Summit takes place today at 5:00 p.m. New York time zone:

It's free, and all you need is a computer and an Internet connection.

If you have questions about the webinar itself (what it is, how do you join, how do you calculate the time zone difference in your country, etc.) check out the Webinar FAQ
here:

http://theschoolofchrist.org/learn/internet-bible-study

Talk to you soon!

I am your brother,

Chip Brogden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next